• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

If my friend plays an engineer, what would be a good class to duo with them?

I barely played the beta and did no research so I have no idea how anyone plays.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Khold said:
Unless you are keeping an eye out for the 50 ppp plebs.
Exactly what I'm doing and thank you for the benefit of the doubt.

Frankly it makes me sick when I make the post in the middle of the page. But alas.
Literally, absolutely EVERYONE will be happy to have an engineer around. They are astoundingly versatile.

Proven

I barely played the beta and did no research so I have no idea how anyone plays.

*shrug* You could take anybody. Even another Engineer. But I suppose you could try Ranger or Elementalist, depending on if you prefer more martial or arcane abilities.

Actually, just go Engineer and see what I mean. One of you will want a rifle, the other a pistol main hand.

Any of them.
What I was trying to say, but much more succinct.

Ferrio

Banned
Are there a lot of known combination attacks at this point? And is there a list somewhere? O:

You don't really need a list. A combo attack has a starter, and a finisher. The effect happens mattering on what the starter type and ender type are. THere's a page that tells that on the wiki. Each skill will tell the type.

Deitus

Are there a lot of known combination attacks at this point? And is there a list somewhere? O:

The combo attacks are fairly well understood at this point.

Certain attacks can either be a combo field or combo finishers. Performing a combo finisher such that it passes through a combo field will result in a combination attack. There are no unique combinations requiring specific skills to activate (unless there are some hidden ones we don't know about, which is pretty unlikely), but rather which combination you get is a result of which finisher you used on which field. For instance, shooting an arrow through a fire field will add a burning effect to the arrow.

The combo finishers are Projectiles, Whirling Attacks, Leaping Attacks, and Blast attacks. There are various combo fields such as fire, ice, lightning, light, dark, and poison. Every combination of combo field and combo finishers results in a different combination attack. For instance, leaping through a fire field creates fire armor, while doing a whirling attack within a fire field will throw out fireballs in all directions.

There are more details on the Wiki. I would link you to it, but I'm still at work.

-Edit: Beaten by a few seconds. The one time I actually remembered to refresh before posting, the time it took me to do so made me late.

Stuart444

I'm not in a great mood myself at the moment :/ It's near 1am now, I have been awake since 1pm (UK time).

I was going to sleep from 8 until 4am (an hour before the earliest time GW2 will go up) but half an hour after going to bed, my body decides to start giving me a runny nose.

So after trying to get to sleep since then, I decided to give up and get up now (well about half an hour ago before this post) and will try to power through on this half hour worth of sleep. Hoping to last for at least another 12 hours from now..

Anyone else doing more or less an all nighter for GW2? Be it because of something like what happened to me above or because you don't want to just play for an hour or two after the game launches.

LProtag

I'm a little worried about playing Elementalist because I'm using a macbook keyboard and can't easily hit the F1 keys.

Are other people just binding the attunements elsewhere anyway?

PewPewK

My battlestation is prepared.

IVOVQ.jpg

Incoming launch in T-Minus: 4-7 hours

schnarf

Just want to verify. I preordered on Amazon a while back, and at the time my preorder claimed to have access to the 3 day head start (it was the standard edition). Am I still good for this weekend?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just want to verify. I preordered on Amazon a while back, and at the time my preorder claimed to have access to the 3 day head start (it was the standard edition). Am I still good for this weekend?

Were you able to play in this week's stress tests? If so, you're good to go.

Has anyone tried combining two elementalist attacks together? I wonder if you can amplify attacks like water to buffer air attacks for instance.

schnarf

Were you able to play in this week's stress tests? If so, you're good to go.

Didn't play in this weeks stress test unfortunately. Played in the others. My account lets me download the client, and my preorder code from Amazon states that I get into the 3 day head start. So I assume I am in, it would be lame if that changed for some reason.

diamount

Banned

If you received a box with just the code in then you pre-purchased it. You are good.

diamount

Banned
I've seen a lot of "hate" for Soule recently but I've been a fan since GW1. The nightfall theme specifically.

He's a hit and miss for me unfortunately, his work on TES always left me a tad underwhelmed but GW2 there is a lot more variety. Maybe because each race is so fundamentally different and their themes match that.

BLCKATK

First time jumping in this thread. Can't believe how hyped I am for this game. I'll be on Dragonsbrand but I'll be rooting for GAFguild from there. This is gonna be great.

PewPewK

First time jumping in this thread. Can't believe how hyped I am for this game. I'll be on Dragonsbrand but I'll be rotting for GAFguild from there. This is gonna be great.

Good news! You can join GAFGuild from Dragonsbrand because guilds are not bound to a homeserver. And because you can be in multiple guilds at once, there's no reason not to join us.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Didn't play in this weeks stress test unfortunately. Played in the others. My account lets me download the client, and my preorder code from Amazon states that I get into the 3 day head start. So I assume I am in, it would be lame if that changed for some reason.

I too have an Amazon code. You should be fine.

Who in the hell hates him? He's the John Williams of gaming.

I'm not a big fan of Soule. All his music sounds the same. The actual music is great, but between Guild wars and Elder Scrolls, the soundtracks are way too similar.

Funny thing is, I don't like John Williams' music either.

Piecake

I dont 'hate' Soule, but I am pretty sick of the grand orchestral epic that seems to permeate every form of entertainment. I havent listened to all of the GW2 songs yet, but from what ive heard, that is at least in the same epic orchestral vibe. Unless its awesomely awesome, it just rather bland and stale for me now

diamount

Banned
Did not get anything physically yet. Amazon is still claiming that preorders of the non-digital standard get the 3 day head start access.

That's odd. My order from Play.com was just like any regular order, my card was charged and it was dispatched I then received a box with a little code in which entitles me to the 3 day headstart plus pre-order bonuses.

Deepo

I'm ready and waiting! Can't decide if I should go to sleep or stay up though (I'm in GMT +2). I'll be on Gandara playing a warrior. Hope to be able to join you fine people in the GAFGuild.

All that talk about controller configs, and no one talked about Parn's set up?

http://synbios.net/site/2012/07/22/guild-wars-2-gamepad-profile/

Thats the one I used in BWE2/3 It doesnt have everything Hawkians has, but I find the layout of the stuff you mainly use is better imo!

edit: ack! I just noticed that the layout in the post is nothing like the one I used in beta, haha.. he must have updated it, im looking for the correct post.

edit2: Decided to just link to his site, it has the updated one and the files and all that anyway.

Naudi

Banned
I may cry...Been waiting for years and i have to go to a cousin who i hardly knows wedding at 7:30pst. Begging my wife to not stay too long...see how that goes lol

So I'm sure this has been asked a million times already, but I've had my code from GMG since back in April, and have been playing the BWE's and whatnot. Do I need to do anything else to get into the headstart other than run the client? Or is there some retail serial number I need to punch in somewhere?

Quoting my question just to be sure. I get paranoid about this kind of stuff

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fear Not This Night is indeed incredible. Listening to this for the first time, beautiful piece of music.

Oh wow, just listened to this piece of music as well. Absolutely fantastic.

jediyoshi

Looks like GAF is on its lonesome on Stormbluff, hopefully that means less of a chokeup to get in. Yak's Bend and Crystal Desert look nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom