• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

i hear you can go to friend list and join that person outside of overflow.

We were in a party, and the Join In button gave a constant "Network Error" or something. The queue system seems pretty flawed and it seems weird when two people are in 'overflow' but are still not in the same 'overflow'. Bizarre.

Played about an hour - what an amazing game and experience. They fucking nailed the immersion element.

I hope to apply to the guild tomorrow!

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So just tried to play my Human Necro - after killing the earth elemental 5 times, relogging and remaking my character once, I gave up and went on my Charr. Completed the starting stuff relatively easy and went to the Mists to go to Divinity's Reach to play with my Human friends.

We're all stuck in three different zones, two overflow and one normal. I don't understand - how do I play with my friends?

I just came to post about this, while the overflow server is a good idea the implementation is horrible. I just want to play with my girlfriend and I can't.

I would rather have queues.

Teknoman

I'm number 354 on the list, looking for officers now.

Oh performance wise i'm getting about 30 fps with everything maxed out except shadows (high) and reflections (terrain and sky only).

Trying to create an account, but keeps telling me, "The serial code given was not recognized by our system. Please try again."

Anyone know a fix for this?

The_Monk

Easily. It won't be the prettiest but I'm enjoying it with my shitty PC.

Thanks (again) for answering ;)

I saw someone on Youtube playing with the same specs as mine with a solid 20 FPS but he recorded it off screen so I couldn't check if it was well playable at 20 FPS or not (kind amateur when it comes to Specs and PC-talk, sorry)

Varna

Well, this blows. Can't get past the human prologue. Boss fight ends... scenes plays but no one is teleported to the next event and the fight just starts again.

Performance is still not what I would expect. 690GTX should be more then enough to run a solid 60 FPS.

Forkball

All the other bindings work? You clicked in the stick right?
--
IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY ON THE SPREADSHEET, WE CANNOT ADD YOU TO THE GUILD AT THE MOMENT (if you signed up on gafguild.com and posted in the signup thread, but aren't on the spreadsheet, please contact me in-game: Hawkian the Blade and discuss this).

We had over 400 legitimate applicants in that thread, we need to give them priority. We will reopen signups as soon as possible!

Forkball being added was a mistake, Kayos will be punished severely :p

We will most likely reopen application tomorrow, so no worries!
Sorry, I didn't even know how to get on the sheet. DON'T KICK ME OUT BROS.

TDLink

Got my name of choice for the Thief I am leveling (Joe the Condor) and surprisingly got another I really wanted for later that I totally expected to be taken (Hank Pym). Going to bed for now though, too many issues trying to change between maps and getting errors and not going anywhere. Hopefully it's all fixed by tomorrow.

ShaneB

Off to bed to play a bunch tomorrow. Great fun on Mumble with everyone, only issues are with how crazy loaded the starter zones are, and that's expected of course, and I still have no idea what class to really focus on so I kinda was wandering around aimlessly :(

Spirit3

After some earlier hi-coughs I'm in, playing as the forest race (not good with names) and so far have joined an event where at least 30 people swamped the event, turned into a wolf and explored the vast starting area.

Suffice to say I am sold.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Guild Limit is NOT REACHED.

We are still working through everyone who signed up (over 400 members). There are still spots open but we need to catch up.

If you signed up on gafguild.com and have a row in the spreadsheet, please contact us in-game: Shadow Kayos or Hawkian the Blade.

We are still working through everyone who signed up (over 400 members). There are still spots open but we need to catch up.

If you signed up on gafguild.com and have a row in the spreadsheet, please contact us in-game: Shadow Kayos or Hawkian the Blade.

Approximately when will the sign-up reopen? After everyone in the spreadsheet gets in?

Sethos

Banned
Naming system is complete nonsense, seems my name has been taken already.

I think due to the cross-realm guild shit every name is in a single pot.

First time in MMO history I haven't been able to get a single of my usual names, completely stupid.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's up already?
And here I am, afflicted by runny bowels, wasting precious hours on the toilet... life is cruel.

It was up at LITERALLY 12:00AM EST. On the dot.

There are some bugs, but this is one of the smoothest, most fun launches I've ever experienced.

So I got Ambient Occlusion working in it, but in the process found out that doing "Reflect All" or supersampling will disable it, so you may have to compromise.

The working bits are:
0x0000001F (Demigod) (Darkest, and best IMO)
0x0000002A (Diablo III) (A little weird, obviously intended for isometric view)
0x00000006 (Left 4 Dead) (Rather subtle, like all the Source Engine bits)

All of the Call of Duty ones I tested work as well. They're a bit more "in the middle", so to speak.

Here's a screenshot for your perusal. Using the Demigod one. Dat HDR!~

Negaiido

Tried to whisper you but I've accidentally typed in Hawkian The Blade instead of Hawkian the Blade. Now it doesn't accept my whisper and it auto corrects if I want to remove the capital T. What do I do .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom