• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynoro

Ok guys I'm tired, lazy and didn't know about free server transfers. I need to find a link to confirm that but then I will just make characters elsewhere for tonight I guess.

I need a drink ...
LLShC.gif

Here's a link for you

ArenaNET said:
At launch, players will be able to transfer between worlds freely. However, once server populations have largely settled and stabilized, world transfers will be restricted to once a week and cost a variable amount of gems based on the population of the world being transferred to.

CaLe

Is it too late to apply to the guild.. ? I didn't get an email when I signed up for an account on the gaf guild site.

_machine

Having troubles logging in, but I'd appreciate if someone could throw an invitation.
machinaea.8613 is the name, 6th on the list.

vaelic

Banned
If you sort by Amerias, like over HALF of all servers are locked out Full. I'm fucking FURIOUS pissed if I cannot even get onto the goddamn server I want on a 3 day head start .... like this has me raging inside where I'm going to have a burning hatred for ArenaNet for a long time if I can't get on the server I want.

Also, if I choose another server can I later change to Stormbluff Isle if its open? If I dont care about character transfer can I still choose a new home world?
Chill out

Jayge

What the fuck is it with people thinking they need to undercut other bag prices when they sell like hotcakes at 10 silver? Don't you realize yours would sell too? WHY DO YOU HALVE THE PRICE!?

inky

Feel bad about you guys who keep having troubles. It's been buttery smooth for me: logged in, got my names, logged back out created my 5 characters, logged back in got into GAF guild and I am still playing. Well, I got disconnected once (but I just jumped back in) and I'm in Overflow, but that is to be expected.

Give it some time, and don't get frustrated. It's launch day =) Hopefully you'll be able to play soon.

Sethos

Banned
Give it some time, and don't get frustrated. It's launch day =) Hopefully you'll be able to play soon.

Yeah well, people creating a bunch of characters and taking every fucking name under the sun isn't really a "launch day" problem, that will just get worse.

fmpanda

Just got done wandering through the plains area, saw a few Gaffers already. The whole Dynamic Events thing feels weird, at least right now. In a short period of time, I found myself involved in 3-4 events at once. Luckily you can repeat them for better medals and such. Also, elementalists are fun. Now for bed.

Orayn

If anyone besides Ferney gets a chance, add Orayn.5021. Please and thank you!

The HoM weapons are skins? lol failnet...

All weapons and armor in GW2 are skins. They can have a particular set of stat bonuses, a level requirement which also determines their base characteristics like armor or damage, and slots for upgrades. Everything else is cosmetic.

CoLaN

I avoided most beta weekends to keep the game fresh, and it worked extremely well. I am having a blast as an Asura engineer.

inky

Yeah well, people creating a bunch of characters and taking every fucking name under the sun isn't really a "launch day" problem, that will just get worse.

I feel you. I had a notepad list of about 20 names I wanted, even several 'obscure' ones, I connected pretty much when it went up and most of them were gone. It sucks that games do this, where you can't have repeats. I think we should be beyond that.

Teknoman

I feel you. I had a notepad list of about 20 names I wanted, even several 'obscure' ones, I connected pretty much when it went up and most of them were gone. It sucks that games do this, where you can't have repeats. I think we should be beyond that.

I thought that was the point of the numbers on the names. That if someone has the same name as you, you'd appear with numbers while in the same area, distinguishing the two.

Sethos

Banned

Had I know this would be an issue, probably would have done the same. I know it's crazy but I just have this gnawing feel of OCD annoyance when I can't a name I want. Sure I could pop something behind my name but that's not really what I want plus a lot of it sounds pretty stupid. And I'm sorry to come off as a dick but it's one of those things that just annoy me to no end unfortunately :( We should definitely be well beyond that.

Oh well, finally got in and finally dug out an old name to use, not particularly fond of it but it'll work - Raphiroz. Also, can't go wrong with a manly beard, right?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I cannot get over how pretty this game looks. And I'm only playing on slightly above default.

There's downright shockingly good art direction everywhere you turn. The vistas are amazing, even more so when you realize how much of the environment you see is explorable.

etiolate

Banned
Is it bugging out? I just figured it was the launch load. I mostly am getting it sick of it ripping my party apart anytime we do a story quest for someone, because of it swapping into an instance.

It's just not working well. I came out of a story instance and got put back into Metrica with a party member, but otherwise it's not worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom