• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tried to whisper you but I've accidentally typed in Hawkian The Blade instead of Hawkian the Blade. Now it doesn't accept my whisper and it auto corrects if I want to remove the capital T. What do I do .....

that... really shouldn't matter. Also the capital T is correct (not that you care, but my character is technically named "The Blade, member of the Hawkian order"
Hate this overflow system, it's horrible.
It's just bugging out. It worked expertly during one of the betas.

Orcastar

I knew it was too much to ask for to be able to actually play an MMO at launch (even if it's not technically a launch yet...). Keep getting error code 42:0:9001:3927 when I try to log in.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Played for about 2 hours tonight. Game is really fun, can't wait to play more in the morning.

Also, I got "Pancakes" fuck yea!

Alex

that... really shouldn't matter. Also the capital T is correct (not that you care, but my character is technically named "The Blade, member of the Hawkian order"

Is it bugging out? I just figured it was the launch load. I mostly am getting it sick of it ripping my party apart anytime we do a story quest for someone, because of it swapping into an instance.

Negaiido

Lol I do care, why not :p
It doesn't seem to show my whisper though, I guess it's just overloaded.

Sethos

Banned
Took a long time to get past the login, can't make a character because I can't get a name, game CTD and now I can't log in again.

Why do I always bother with these broken MMO launches, if I could just be patient and wait.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is it bugging out? I just figured it was the launch load. I mostly am getting it sick of it ripping my party apart anytime we do a story quest for someone, because of it swapping into an instance.
Deeefinitely bugging.

If you're in a party right now, it can seemingly prevent you from leaving certain zones at all (network error). If you want to group up, leave your party and get in the same zone (or overflow) then group.

Seriously, I'm betting they fix it by this time tomorrow at the latest.

edit: Sorry just noticed you mentioned story quests. It really should be working for that since it's instancing all of you. Bugbugbugbug.

Played for about 2 hours tonight. Game is really fun, can't wait to play more in the morning.

Also, I got "Pancakes" fuck yea!

Yeah, I can't believe I actually got my Charr Warrior name of Charcoal, figured it would be taken. Then again I think man of us got in at the exact moment they opened up because we were just talking and clicking for 20 minutes lol

Just wanted to thank Shadow Kayos and the rest of the dudes running the Gaf Guild. I mentioned this a while back, but I am off to London today so I had a fairly short time slot to play and was a little worried that getting into the guild might have been a bit of a nightmare. But it all went super smooth and I was in the guild in seconds after the whisper was sent. Cheers.

If anyone on the Gandara severs is ever in the Charr lands and up for a party, hook me up at Mattimeo.7486. I'm always up for some local wildlife slaughter.

inky

The only "common" word name I got was Siren, which was the one I used for my Sylvari Elementalist durng the BWE anyways. Still salty about a couple of other names.

Good grief, I haven't even played the game proper, I have just been making my characters. I just want to take it easy and enjoy the ride, no rush.

Alex

One of the Asura portals broke and stranded a bunch of people, this sucks :lol

Huh, it works if you drop group, what the hell.

Orenhy

Neo Member
is the gafguild good for europlayers too or should i seek companionship someplace else that lives in closer timezones?

Anno

Really happy with how launch turned out. Got the name I wanted and the server was rock solid after the first 30 minutes. Sucks that some people are having issues.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Tried PM'ing you Hawkian but didn't hear back so not sure if you got it.

Could I get an invite? #152 on the spreadsheet, Kanik.5471

alphaNoid

Banned
Just got in and it says Stormbluff Isle is FULL??? wtf ... do they ever reopen these goddamn servers or is that it? No more users on that system?

Sethos

Banned
Is it possible to request a refund if you've bought it from the GW2 site during this headstart? Seeing as you aren't playing the released product yet per say.

Dynoro

Got in first time and created one character but it black-screened after the story and now haven't been able to login for 30 minutes - think I'm giving up for now

alternade

TO ANYONE PLAYING AN ELEMENTALIST:

How do have your keys mapped out? Im finding it incredibly hard to switch from movement to 1-0 skills and f1-f4 skills. You have to constantly stop your character to switch. You almost need 3 hands.

alphaNoid

Banned
Wow already?

If you sort by Amerias, like over HALF of all servers are locked out Full. I'm fucking FURIOUS pissed if I cannot even get onto the goddamn server I want on a 3 day head start .... like this has me raging inside where I'm going to have a burning hatred for ArenaNet for a long time if I can't get on the server I want.

Also, if I choose another server can I later change to Stormbluff Isle if its open? If I dont care about character transfer can I still choose a new home world?

Einbroch

Banned
If you sort by Amerias, like over HALF of all servers are locked out Full. I'm fucking FURIOUS pissed if I cannot even get onto the goddamn server I want on a 3 day head start .... like this has me raging inside where I'm going to have a burning hatred for ArenaNet for a long time if I can't get on the server I want.

Also, if I choose another server can I later change to Stormbluff Isle if its open? If I dont care about character transfer can I still choose a new home world?
Holy shit. Relax. I recall almost every MMO ever having lower population caps on their servers initially. Only to open up later.

wow dude, calm down. welcome to the crappy life of MMO launches.

Styles

So Stormbluff Isle is where we're supposed to join?

Okay looks like it is. Sorry for not noticing it in the banner in the other thread, lol.

Rad-

TO ANYONE PLAYING AN ELEMENTALIST:

How do have your keys mapped out? Im finding it incredibly hard to switch from movement to 1-0 skills and f1-f4 skills. You have to constantly stop your character to switch. You almost need 3 hands.

Razer Naga. :p You can map all of those to mouse that way.

alphaNoid

Banned
Well you guys gotta understand my frustration .. I cannot even play right now! If I choose another home world it says that in order to later change home worlds I need to PURCHASE a world transfer.. wtf?

So I want on Stormbluff Isle, but its Full. I'm not going to choose another permanent home world right now and get locked with without having to buy a goddamn world transfer later. So here I am, stayed up all fucking night and fucking ArenaNet locked the goddamn server and I have no option but to sit and wait until they open the server back up for new accounts?

I mean, every single other GAF player is going to experience the same exact thing from this point until they open the server back up .. whenever the fuck that is.

Client installed, waited up all fucking night.. signed in, 3 day head start, Server full, forced behind a pay wall if I want to change world later so I'm left with 1 option, which is not to play ... Fuck ArenaNet for locking worlds during the 3 day head start, way to fuck your loyal early adopters.

Well you guys gotta understand my frustration .. I cannot even play right now! If I choose another home world it says that in order to later change home worlds I need to PURCHASE a world transfer.. wtf?

So I want on Stormbluff Isle, but its Full. I'm not going to choose another permanent home world right now and get locked with without having to buy a goddamn world transfer later. So here I am, stayed up all fucking night and fucking ArenaNet locked the goddamn server and I have no option but to sit and wait until they open the server back up for new accounts?

I mean, every single other GAF player is going to experience the same exact thing from this point until they open the server back up .. whenever the fuck that is.

Server transfers are free for the first week I believe. So just start on a different server for now and hopefully Stormbluff opens ups up before the week is over.

Ferrio

Banned

I had that happen in beta... then lik ea few hours later it let me in.. not sure why.

Einbroch

Banned

Client installed, waited up all fucking night.. signed in, 3 day head start, Server full, forced behind a pay wall if I want to change world later so I'm left with 1 option, which is not to play ...

Excuse me while I go knock over a few magazine racks.
Um...

Server transfers are free the first week or so.

Emitan

Client installed, waited up all fucking night.. signed in, 3 day head start, Server full, forced behind a pay wall if I want to change world later so I'm left with 1 option, which is not to play ... Fuck ArenaNet for locking worlds during the 3 day head start, way to fuck your loyal early adopters.

Welcome to every game in the genre

alphaNoid

Banned
Ok guys I'm tired, lazy and didn't know about free server transfers. I need to find a link to confirm that but then I will just make characters elsewhere for tonight I guess.

I need a drink ...
LLShC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom