• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-Det

Made my characters and got into the guild (forgot to 'represent' for a minute before that came back to me). Still messing with settings, but the launch has been damn smoother than I expected. Gotta love ArenaNet.

Trapped in a city atm, seems like theres connection issues between cities and overflow servers, guess that's my queue to head to bed lol

gillty

Banned
SOMEONE TOOK MY NAME, NEVER HAS THIS HAPPENED IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET.

wow...

Also game seems poorly optimized for the way it looks, going into this game with zero knowledge, completely fresh.

Alex

Is there any way to fast travel to a party member or anything, I made a different race than my party member.

Card Boy

Banned
SOMEONE TOOK MY NAME, NEVER HAS THIS HAPPENED IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET.

wow...

Also game seems poorly optimized for the way it looks, going into this game with zero knowledge, completely fresh.

I have being saying it since the start of the very first beta but fanboys don't want to listen.

I have 2 PCs.

One has a

5870 1gig VRAM
i7-870
8gig DD3 RAM @ 1600mhz
Win7 64 bit

other PC has

GTX670 2gig VRAM
I forget the CPU but its much newer than the other PC and faster.
8gig DDR3 @ 1600 mhz
SSD
Win7 64 bit

Completely different parts in each

And it runs like ass on both PCs with the same settings.

Wow, this is coming out eh? I did the first public beta but nothing afterward. I'm downloading the updated client now. Exciting!

Can anybody tell me if they fixed Engineers or do they still get their ass mauled in PvP stuff? I really am not sure what class to play, and I hate mages.

Also, I didn't realize they did the name grab stuff already. I bet all mine are taken :( fuckkkkk

I can't login! But my buddy sitting right next to me on the same internet connection can. What gives?!?!??! I litterally have to watch him play while I can't login. Torture.

Negaiido

I have being saying it since the start of the very first beta but fanboys don't want to listen.

I have 2 PCs.

One has a

5870 1gig VRAM
i7-870
8gig DD3 RAM @ 1600mhz
Win7 64 bit

other PC has

GTX670 2gig VRAM
I forget the CPU but its much newer than the other PC and faster.
8gig DDR3 @ 1600 mhz
SSD
Win7 64 bit

Completely different parts in each

And it runs like ass on both PCs with the same settings.

I don't think it's the issue with fanboys, I think it's just because Arenet has said it before the first beta.

The game wasn't optimized for the newest hardware and CPU bound, it didn't matter if you bought new hardware.
Even now it's not completely optimized but as they said in this blog, I'm sure they will fix that. At least it's better then BWE1

Forkball

I'm having absolutely zero lag, not sure why people are getting so much.

I'm up to level 4. Some of the quests are different from the stress tests. I tried to meet up with my friend in the Sylvari town but that place is a maze. How do you even get out of there?

foladar

I'm having absolutely zero lag, not sure why people are getting so much.

I'm up to level 4. Some of the quests are different from the stress tests. I tried to meet up with my friend in the Sylvari town but that place is a maze. How do you even get out of there?

It's playing much smoother for me now than it was 30 mins ago. I'm level 4 now.

Grokbu

Lol my part of friends keep trying a portal but getting on different overflows and connection errors ;(

I am not quite sure, but I believe I heard someone saying that if one character goes to an area and gets stuffed in the overflow. The other player can then click on his friend and invite him to the party and then go to his area to get in the same overflow. Or something like that.

I probably remember the details incorrectly and it might have been speculation. But worth a try?

What me and my friend did in a BWE when we were having this trouble was to go into the same city, and leave at the exact same time. If it worked, we'd have no issues after that.

Running pretty decently for me, about 20-30 FPS so far with E8400 and 12 GB DDR2, my HD 6870 I imagine isn't getting used much but it's running better than any of the BWE's.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeaaaaah I'll be playing this game forever. I've spent the past 2 hours in Hoelbraek, pretty much. just walking around, looking at places. goddamnit.

etiolate

Banned
They can't seem to create any more copies of metrica province for overflow. Can't join friends in Overflow and if you leave Metrica for Rata Sum, you can't get back into Metrica.

Whispering Jira again

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY ON THE SPREADSHEET, WE CANNOT ADD YOU TO THE GUILD AT THE MOMENT (if you signed up on gafguild.com and posted in the signup thread, but aren't on the spreadsheet, please contact me in-game: Hawkian the Blade and discuss this).

We had over 400 legitimate applicants in that thread, we need to give them priority. We will reopen signups as soon as possible!

Wunder

So just tried to play my Human Necro - after killing the earth elemental 5 times, relogging and remaking my character once, I gave up and went on my Charr. Completed the starting stuff relatively easy and went to the Mists to go to Divinity's Reach to play with my Human friends.

We're all stuck in three different zones, two overflow and one normal. I don't understand - how do I play with my friends?

So I'm using a x360 controller to play, and I can't get the right stick to act as the camera. I got the autokey script going. Any idea what's going on guys?

I'm calling it a night. I decided to update my drivers before tonight's pre-launch, and apparently that was a huge mistake... When I logged into the game I couldn't see any character models or game assets, unless I dropped the graphics settings to "performance" level and lowest details. Since I had zero problems during the stress tests it's gotta be related to the update. I did manage to secure the character names I wanted, but I'm not going to play the game with it looking like this and am too tired to fix it right now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I'm using a x360 controller to play, and I can't get the right stick to act as the camera. I got the autokey script going. Any idea what's going on guys?
All the other bindings work? You clicked in the stick right?
--
IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY ON THE SPREADSHEET, WE CANNOT ADD YOU TO THE GUILD AT THE MOMENT (if you signed up on gafguild.com and posted in the signup thread, but aren't on the spreadsheet, please contact me in-game: Hawkian the Blade and discuss this).

We had over 400 legitimate applicants in that thread, we need to give them priority. We will reopen signups as soon as possible!

Forkball being added was a mistake, Kayos will be punished severely :p

We will most likely reopen application tomorrow, so no worries!

So just tried to play my Human Necro - after killing the earth elemental 5 times, relogging and remaking my character once, I gave up and went on my Charr. Completed the starting stuff relatively easy and went to the Mists to go to Divinity's Reach to play with my Human friends.

We're all stuck in three different zones, two overflow and one normal. I don't understand - how do I play with my friends?

i hear you can go to friend list and join that person outside of overflow.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY ON THE SPREADSHEET, WE CANNOT ADD YOU TO THE GUILD AT THE MOMENT (if you signed up on gafguild.com and posted in the signup thread, but aren't on the spreadsheet, please contact me in-game: Hawkian the Blade or Shadow Kayos and discuss this).

Forkball being added was a mistake, Kayos will be punished severely :p

We will most likely reopen application tomorrow, so no worries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom