• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrayzeeGloo

Neo Member
Hmm, seems I just got booted. Something about the log-in server. Anyone else have this just happen? Not able to re-log back in, and restarting my client/updater did nothing.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Audίoboxer;41392981 said:
Where do I buy items like the mining picks and other gatherer tools? I'm a human in the starting zone.

Thanks

Pay a visit to the tavern you went to in the tutorial. The people behind the bar sell them.

Laxan

Neo Member
Where do I buy items like the mining picks and other gatherer tools? I'm a human in the starting zone.

Thanks

Any of the profession sellers should sell most tools.

Naxx

Thanks

Merchants. Like those in the city. Sometimes their are mechants next to the hearts, but just go the city..walk a bit and you'lll see a merchant (coins over their heads).

Feep

Banned
So, I had fun tonight. Level 8! Got crushed by
Gavin
on the level 10 Sylvari story mission, so it's time to do random stuff.

Stuff I love:
1) The random "event is nearby!" stuff. Exciting, spontaneous, productive, and everyone joins in.
2) The collect-a-thon style map markers...perfect for a collectionist like myself. Decent XP rewards for exploring is great.
3) Level scaling up and down is rad, and very well done.
4) Art design, at least in the Sylvari area, is beautiful. Wow.

Dislike:
1) The random platforming bullshit to reach vistas and occasionally some other stuff. Frustrating.
2) Playing as an elementalist...not only are there four elements, but there are like five completely different sets of abilities depending on weapon type. It's overwhelming, and doesn't often seem like there's a huge difference between elements/weapon types.
3) Black Lion Store, but I guess that's a necessity these days.

Not sure yet:
1) Crafting seems very, very simplistic. Not sure how I feel on this one.
2) Dodging is a nice addition, but it isn't nearly as important as in, say, Tera. As it is, it doesn't seem like it's useful against most enemies, because very few do some dramatic build-up attack that gives you time to dodge.
3) Skill points. Can you respec? It's hard to tell which are better than others, and it doesn't seem like you can swap them out easily.

Audioboxer

Pay a visit to the tavern you went to in the tutorial. The people behind the bar sell them.

Any of the profession sellers should sell most tools.

Merchants. Like those in the city. Sometimes their are mechants next to the hearts, but just go the city..walk a bit and you'lll see a merchant (coins over their heads).

Thanks!

Playing as a Warrior, using a hammer or greatsword is just soo satisfying. Almost went a Norn to make such large weapons appear better in scale with character, but a maximum height human is okay. I like the full on human beard.

The Jutty

I was totally skeptical, but I tried to gamepad controls and they feel totally natural. Wish there was a way to call target/assist with it tho.

Pkaz01

so what do the profession trainers do? I saw a couple but couldn't find the necromancer one and then the server went down

and instead of incorrect password it said something about my firewall or router.

Feep

Banned
so what do the profession trainers do? I saw a couple but couldn't find the necromancer one and then the server went down

and instead of incorrect password it said something about my firewall or router.
They sold some books that seemed like they allowed respeccing? Wasn't sure.

Vaati

Banned
I got disconnected and can't log in either.

Gonna take this as a sign that a 7 hour session is long enough and get some sleep.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was totally skeptical, but I tried to gamepad controls and they feel totally natural. Wish there was a way to call target/assist with it tho.
I'm going to be switching to Xpadder, going over Weltall's configuration, and adding this as a priority during the day tomorrow. Will share the results.

I got booted too and can't get back in :( Wonder what's going on now.

Pity, as I had a solid uninterrupted um... 7.. hours of playtime and had a blast, got to level 9 with Max and Kayos running around the Plains of Ashford. First chance you get, go do the heart where you get handed a rifle and can capture minotaurs and drakes and fight in a pit.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

On level 11 you can purchase a book which unlocks your first trait thingie there.

Lyonaz

Yep got hit with incorrect password too.

My female Human Engineer Fred The Scientist is great! I wonder who reserved the name Winifred Burkle. Damn him I say!

The Jutty

I'm going to be switching to Xpadder, going over Weltall's configuration, and adding this as a priority during the day tomorrow. Will share the results.

I got booted too and can't get back in :( Wonder what's going on now.

Pity, as I had a solid uninterrupted um... 7.. hours of playtime and had a blast, got to level 9 with Max and Kayos running around the Plains of Ashford. First chance you get, go do the heart where you get handed a rifle and can capture minotaurs and drakes and fight in a pit.

Awesome, can't wait to try it out.

Ferrio

Banned
So, I had fun tonight. Level 8! Got crushed by
Gavin
on the level 10 Sylvari story mission, so it's time to do random stuff.

Not sure yet:
1) Crafting seems very, very simplistic. Not sure how I feel on this one.

Do cooking and come back to us. I was just juggling 20 different ingredients... trying different combos trying to discover something. And this is novice level.... Looks like there's like a 100+ ingrediants. Discovery system is fun.. I guess you could cheat and look it all up on a wiki though.

2) Dodging is a nice addition, but it isn't nearly as important as in, say, Tera. As it is, it doesn't seem like it's useful against most enemies, because very few do some dramatic build-up attack that gives you time to dodge.

Dodging is pretty useless early on, since most things aren't a threat.

3) Skill points. Can you respec? It's hard to tell which are better than others, and it doesn't seem like you can swap them out easily.

There's enough skill points in the game to unlock everything easily.

desverger

Where'd you get it manually?

This was posted on the GW2 facebook page:

1) In Lion's Arch, head northwest into Hooligan’s Route.
2) At the Undermarket Point of Interest, find the charr karma merchant named Scornheart.
3) View Scornheart’s offerings and, on the second panel, select the Hall of Monuments Portal Stone. The stone is available at no cost.
4) Use the Portal Stone to access the ruins of the Hall of Monuments.

Sethos

Banned
On another note. I was going through the storyline and what the hell is up with the constant dying? At some point, around level 6-7 the mobs in instances hit you for like 40% HP every time, even standing still with full HP suddenly kills you when mobs aren't even close. There's only so much dodging you can do, am I just getting ahead of myself without the game telling me or what?

Pkaz01

When you reach lvl 11 you have to buy a book for the traits. That's when you start using your traits.

They sold some books that seemed like they allowed respeccing? Wasn't sure.

On level 11 you can purchase a book which unlocks your first trait thingie there.

oh ok that makes sense i figured if we already get spells as we progress whats the point of them lol i forgot about traits.

So i didnt play the beta and it seems like im constantly under the recommended level for the personal story. I try to join in on all the events but are there no markers for side quests?

etiolate

Banned
I'm still in game, but others got kicked and can't get logged back in.

edit: nm kicked for incorrect password wtf

1m Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2
We are aware of issues with server connectivity. We will keep you up to date with our progress. ^DO
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
12m Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2
The errors related with firewall/conectivity are still being investigated by our teams. We will give you more info as soon as we get it. ^DO

Smoothest MMO launch ever! Had some lag at the start, but it went away. Once I got the hang of the game, I really started enjoying myself! So much so I played for nearly 7 hours... Yeeaaah.... Dose up on caffeine and truck through the day or sleep? Hmmm....

Sleep.

Sephirus

Got booted off the server for incorrect password and now I can't log in...

Guess it's the worlds way of telling me I need to get some sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom