• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jersoc

the last few events should be evident that speculating on mats is stupid and a losing decision. remember how everyone was buying pumpkins? yeah.... my speculation is don't waste your gold. it's going to be like black lion chests all over. you're just selling to other speculators.

Deitus

the last few events should be evident that speculating on mats is stupid and a losing decision. remember how everyone was buying pumpkins? yeah.... my speculation is don't waste your gold. it's going to be like black lion chests all over. you're just selling to other speculators.

True. But some people made a lot of money selling BLCs to speculators. Of course that meant that a lot of people lost money as well.

I will be staying away from speculating for the forseeable future though. I don't much care for that type of market. I just want a stable way to make consistent money. Plus I already wasted money buying up candy corn in the last days of Halloween only for it to drop down to 2c and stay there.

zon

True. But some people made a lot of money selling BLCs to speculators. Of course that meant that a lot of people lost money as well.

I will be staying away from speculating for the forseeable future though. I don't much care for that type of market. I just want a stable way to make consistent money. Plus I already wasted money buying up candy corn in the last days of Halloween only for it to drop down to 2c and stay there.

I was prepared that my candy corn investment will have to sit and wait for months before there's even a chance of a profit. There's probably another 7 million candy corn in storage.

I also bought 250 karka shells right after the first event for 1.28s a piece, now they're worth ~5s a piece. So it is worth to speculate, just don't invest all your money into speculation and you'll be fine. :)

Deitus

I was prepared that my candy corn investment will have to sit and wait for months before there's even a chance of a profit. There's probably another 7 million candy corn in storage.

I also bought 250 karka shells right after the first event for 1.28s a piece, now they're worth ~5s a piece. So it is worth to speculate, just don't invest all your money into speculation and you'll be fine. :)

Oh yeah, I fully expected it to take months before candy corn investments paid off. Where I screwed up was buying the candy corn during the Halloween event, when they were 6-8 copper, instead of waiting until after when they dropped to 2 copper.

As for speculation... it's not worth it for me, because it relies on carefully watching the market, and cashing out when the market peaks. I'm barely on a couple times a week, so the chances are low that I will actually be online when the item I'm investing in is at the peak, much less that I would have any idea how the market is trending.

Vossler

Man, now I am getting ALtitis----never realized how long it takes to level up alts when you have limited time to play....only have my guardian at 30, and thief at 8.....Now I want to make a Mesmer, but don't want to neglect my main and his fractal levels. What to do....

Retro

Don't expect any nerfs for Warrior...

They haven't really had any buffs either, beyond a 10% damage increase on the Longbow's auto-attack. I'm fairly certain they were one of the first classes developed, so they spent the most time simmering and getting tweaked internally.

Man, now I am getting ALtitis----never realized how long it takes to level up alts when you have limited time to play....only have my guardian at 30, and thief at 8.....Now I want to make a Mesmer, but don't want to neglect my main and his fractal levels. What to do....

Quit your job, break up with your SO and install a toilet in the office.

Vossler

Quit your job, break up with your SO and install a toilet in the office.

Lol, well put, too bad none of those things will be happening in the near future.

Also, wanted to put a plug out there for gw2lfg.com.....used it last night along with another guildy and did a fairly quick fractal run at level 5 ( I know, I know). Made the process much easier and expedited the waiting time drastically.

Forkball

Why is no one talking about this biggest nerf yet:

Fixed a bug that would allow users to "Spam Jump" to scale walls and other obstacles.

NO GOD NO

Leveling up an alt, but I play at unpopulated times so it's a big boring. Elementalist is a lot of fun, and I feel like I'm doing a ton of damage.

Proven

NO GOD NO

Leveling up an alt, but I play at unpopulated times so it's a big boring. Elementalist is a lot of fun, and I feel like I'm doing a ton of damage.
Many WvW problems came from wall-jumping, unfortunately.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

NO GOD NO

We should level up our Eles together. I don't know the class well at all yet but I really dig it.

Is the movement boost from illusions worth it? 15% if I can get 3 clones out doesn't seem like a lot.

At least it's more reliable than casting Chaos Storm on the run and hoping I get the swiftness boost.

Really liked this screen I took yesterday while playing on my Norn Warrior.

78ONS.jpg

Just finished building my new gaming rig after not upgrading for nearly 5 years. Can't wait to get back in this game and get to experience everything at max settings.

kairotic

Neo Member
Very excited to get back into GW2. Took a break for a few weeks but I have heard great things about the new content and can't wait to try it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anytime. I don't even need those tokens anymore but, I sure like the 26 silver.

You sure you want to do the keg powder path as well. It is so annoying.
You done it with the decoy keg method? Much simpler than the first few times I did it. Also if you have a mesmer it can be a lot of fun. ;)

Kairotic, the fractals and Southsun Cove are both pretty darn cool. My favorite fractal is a little bugged at the moment sadly.

You done it with the decoy keg method? Much simpler than the first few times I did it. Also if you have a mesmer it can be a lot of fun. ;)

Kairotic, the fractals and Southsun Cove are both pretty darn cool. My favorite fractal is a little bugged at the moment sadly.

Last time I did it, I was trying to do that but it didn't work. We finally got it when someone got a keg stuck on a wall, and they all ran to it.

Ashodin

I feel like hitting CM tonight. Anybody up for it (maybe a couple of the paths)?

I might be down for that!

Guys. I played a couple hours of SWTOR today..

am I...am I gonna be okay

Nah it's all good bro. I've been diving into SWTOR myself for the story and having a blast with it. Not really looking to raid or anything; just having fun with what's available.

Iresecia

Neo Member
I feel like hitting CM tonight. Anybody up for it (maybe a couple of the paths)?

I've only run CM explore once. I was a fresh level 80 at the time and nobody I went with knew any of the dungeon. This was back when you still got tokens after each boss in the chests. I've never been back since it was such a horrible run and it took us like 3 hours. However I've heard it's a pretty easy dungeon, is that true?

Levyne

Banned
I've only run CM explore once. I was a fresh level 80 at the time and nobody I went with knew any of the dungeon. This was back when you still got tokens after each boss in the chests. I've never been back since it was such a horrible run and it took us like 3 hours. However I've heard it's a pretty easy dungeon, is that true?

Yeah, I've done all 3 in one session before. There is only 1 part that I recall that's marginally difficult.

Speaking of difficult (or at least, not often run) dungeon paths, I still need to do CoF 3.

Yeah, I've done all 3 in one session before. There is only 1 part that I recall that's marginally difficult.

Speaking of difficult (or at least, not often run) dungeon paths, I still need to do CoF 3.

That stupid bomb part annoyed me far more than the beginning. You'll know what I'm talking about though. Run through, but look for the safe spot to the left.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
CM is one of the easier dungeons, for sure, and it has in my opinion the most consistent difficulty level between paths. It's also one of the ones that becomes HUGELY easier once you know the "tricks" to each path. All three should be under 1 hour.

Btw, you get a few tokens, plus silver, after each sub-boss again now <3

Iresecia

Neo Member
CM is one of the easier dungeons, for sure, and it has in my opinion the most consistent difficulty level between paths. It's also one of the ones that becomes HUGELY easier once you know the "tricks" to each path. All three should be under 1 hour.

Btw, you get a few tokens, plus silver, after each sub-boss again now <3
Oh yeah, the bags are awesome. I just know I have 25 tokens from the only run I ever did. This was either late August or early September that I did the run.

I've done AC and TA. AC is pretty easy so I'm amazed CM is easier. I just remember the golem fight really didn't end well. We also killed every mob though which is probably why it took so long.

Oh yeah, the bags are awesome. I just know I have 25 tokens from the only run I ever did. This was either late August or early September that I did the run.

I've done AC and TA. AC is pretty easy so I'm amazed CM is easier. I just remember the golem fight really didn't end well. We also killed every mob though which is probably why it took so long.

Golem is story mode.

Explorable mode only has golems at end of path 2 but they are ads not the boss.

I agree with Hawk that CM is the most consistent dungeon as far as difficulty. I think that Ghost Eater (AC) and CoF (Path 1) are much quicker then any CM run.

We need to start up those speed run competitions...I doubt we will have enough people like we used to.

Iresecia

Neo Member
Golem is story mode.

Explorable mode only has golems at end of path 2 but they are ads not the boss.

I agree with Hawk that CM is the most consistent dungeon as far as difficulty. I think that Ghost Eater (AC) and CoF (Path 1) are much quicker then any CM run.

We need to start up those speed run competitions...I doubt we will have enough people like we used to.

Yeah the 3 golems that were adds were owning us. Was annoying dealing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom