• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

Who do I talk to about getting it? Went to JQ for wvwvw

Not sure on how they have that rank's distribution set up. I know that Mornkor Tallrock (Jayemji?) on JQ has the rank already so you might want to talk with/mail him if you have anything specific in mind.

Current iteration of the Scepter build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQRA...Ik/gpQj8IA;T4AA1Cto4xwjgHLPOek8sIYQwZjtAvNmCA

I wish Smite was a symbol. I'm swapping utilities so often that I'm still not sure what I want. I'm thinking of dropping the burning aspect of the build. I added some healing aspects (between the symbol traits, mace regen, and the virtue, you can keep perma regeneration) but when I tried going heavy into it I seemed to fail. The build is way too weak to condition spikes, and if I don't time my dodges right then direct damage can overwhelm me anyway. If I drop the burning I'll switch up the runes and take Sigils of Water. Whether I'm in PvE, PvP, or WvW I somehow end up fighting multiple people at once, or facing a spike build. I'm considering not using signets anymore since the offensive ones are single target, but I've only used consecrations otherwise so I need to start testing other utilities. The most annoying aspect of sPvP recently are thieves that honestly want to do nothing but heartseeker. Just heartseeker, farm glory, heartseeker. It doesn't even feel malicious anymore.

Still, I like the build. I just don't feel like it's effective enough. Day in and day out playing against D/D Eles and Thieves in WvW and PvP is starting to burn me out. Stats don't seem to matter, and I'm at that middle point of skill where I absolutely own weaker players just because I can smartly dodge twice and they use up all their cooldowns, but I get stomped by people that actually know how to bait dodges or switch things up. I enjoy pressure builds, but not only are close combat pressure builds at the bottom of the meta, I still don't feel like I'm good enough at it.

Sums up my feelings somewhat about PVP at the moment. Almost at the point where I'm going to go bunker build and make sure I have a thief friend hanging around me. :\

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Any word on a class change BL kit yet? I don't want a guardian any more.

But I sure as heck don't want to do the personal story/crafting/gearing to exotic thing again. In fact I'd rather inflict a measurable amount of pain on myself over doing the personal story.

30$, let's go ArenaNet.

Not sure on how they have that rank's distribution set up. I know that Mornkor Tallrock (Jayemji?) on JQ has the rank already so you might want to talk with/mail him if you have anything specific in mind.

Yeah, I took up the mantle of Remote Operator since no one else was doing it. For now, I've just been slowly upgrading the JQ guild resources since I doubt we have the income to do it quickly. Mostly focused on making it so we can get banners and maybe guild boosters on the weekends.

The idea is to have one remote operator on each server where there are GAFers present.

Concept17

I strongly recommend shortbow; it brought me back to ranger after only trying longbow in beta. Secondarily, I recommend at least 15 points in Beastmastery (to keep your pets alive) and that you test out the Jaguar.

Yeah I've noticed that our pets seem to be a good portion of our dps, but they die so easily. I'm actually still using my starter pet - how do I get new ones?

Retro

Thanks, went out and got a black bear, spider, pink moa, and one of those sioma warthog things. And I just found out about switching pets mid-fight. Seriously can't believe I didn't know about it earlier lol

There's a lot of them just hanging around in the cities if you want to go snag them. Hoelbrak, for example, has arctic wolves, polar bears, ravens... I think a few others.

Hate underwater combat as a Thief.

Takes way too long to kill things plus taking damage as opposed to D/D on land where things die at a pretty decent pace.

Also, one-handed sword on Ranger seems pretty bad. You get locked into each attack so if you want to dodge you have to wait, which usually means taking unnecessary damage.

Concept17

Hate underwater combat as a Thief.

Takes way too long to kill things plus taking damage as opposed to D/D on land where things die at a pretty decent pace.

Also, one-handed sword on Ranger seems pretty bad. You get locked into each attack so if you want to dodge you have to wait, which usually means taking unnecessary damage.

It does help that 2 of their 1-handed attacks also evade. (jump back, jump in, and the spin around one). Plus with a daggar, you have 3 evasive attacks.

There's a lot of them just hanging around in the cities if you want to go snag them. Hoelbrak, for example, has arctic wolves, polar bears, ravens... I think a few others.

Sweet. Is there a goto type for end game or pvp? Or does it just depend on your build?

Retro

Sweet. Is there a goto type for end game or pvp? Or does it just depend on your build?

I dunno, I've never gotten a Ranger past level 5. As much as I want to like them, pet classes and I don't get along. Something about my ability to play being hampered by a game element I have less control over than I should.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I haven't spent enough time on a ranger to say one way or another either
get a hawk

Anybody have a ETA for the drop tomorrow? I want them to schedule it for "the moment Hawkian gets home from work"

Retro

I haven't spent enough time on a ranger to say one way or another either
get a hawk

Anybody have a ETA for the drop tomorrow? I want them to schedule it for "the moment Hawkian gets home from work"

I talked to an inside source who said it will be either "Right when Hawkian leaves for work" or "Right after Hawkian goes to bed".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn you and your sources

Damn them all

It should drop right now cause PoE's server is acting like a petulant teenager :p

Moondrop

Banned

Each pet has different strengths and weaknesses for different scenarios. Much of the ranger's versatility comes from changing your pets appropriately. It also helps to think of your pets as pairings.

For example, drakes are a good choice for dungeons because of high toughness, but not great in pvp because of the long cast times on their F2 abilities. For PvP, I recommend the Jaguar for its high damage and ability to stealth to lose aggro. Because cats are glass cannons, I recommend pairing with a hardier pet. I use a pink moa because it can interrupt stomps with its F2 daze on a one second startup.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
you guys are getting me hype for this new patch that I didn't even know about till today

psst

there's more to it than they mention there

Temper expectations for the Flame & Frost rollout, this is definitely a prelude. But beyond that.... there's lots o' stuff.

hythloday

I'm just excited about Patch Day. I don't even care what's actually in it. "Ooooo I wonder what they'll tinker with! Something will be different! It's Christmas morning for nerds!" That's enough for me.

Temper expectations for the Flame & Frost rollout, this is definitely a prelude. But beyond that.... there's lots o' stuff.

ICE KARKAS! ON FIRE! RAARRARarAAWWWWRrr

(kidding. No ice karkas.)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm really thrilled with one change to Fractals they haven't actually mentioned publicly yet. Little by little they're refining the things that have the most potential, and I loooove it.

Levyne

Banned
I'm hyped for the patch, even if it is small. I have a feeling work tomorrow is gonna be hectic and long but hopefully I can get on.

I'm really thrilled with one change to Fractals they haven't actually mentioned publicly yet. Little by little they're refining the things that have the most potential, and I loooove it.

You tease

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They haven't mentioned anything about skill balance passes although I imagine that there will be some; just no way to tell how extensive.

Proven

They haven't mentioned anything about skill balance passes although I imagine that there will be some; just no way to tell how extensive.

This is pretty much what I'm expecting. They aren't happy with things, they want to tweak things, and they're taking their time. I would really prefer a 2-3 week turnaround on balance tweaks, but since they're linking them into major updates, they absolutely have to get some balance tweaks in this patch. The next one won't be for weeks and the last one was Wintersday.

etiolate

Banned
Are they putting in the change to FotM levels so you can party with any level in this patch? I thought it was coming, but I don't see it listed on the update page.

oh yea shoutout again to the ac run earlier. It's helping me out learning how dungeon's work even if I suck as a team player. That aggro of the troll on the lieutenant was awesome.

Proven

This is awesome. http://orrator.com/ My favorite is Stop the Violets

If this were to become a regular thing wouldn't it eschew any notion of balance in the first place? Skills would have shelf lives :p

Considering the types of tweaks they do, I don't think so. Other than bug fixes, they haven't done many major changes to classes, and the 4+ week schedule for current balance has allowed five months to pass without enough build diversity becoming viable for high level tournament play. Every class is still pigeon holed into one or two builds only.

Oh it's complain-every-hour-about-how-the-patch-has-not-released-yet day!

Seeing how late Jan update is coming out, I have a feeling Feb and March update will be rolled into 1 update for mid to end of March.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Seeing how late Jan update is coming out, I have a feeling Feb and March update will be rolled into 1 update for mid to end of March.
Wanna bet?

Man The Orrator does some really hard-hitting journalism...
Just a day after the company unveiled its new line of Hello Quaggan backpacks, the Sanquaggan Company is under fire for allegedly using forced quaggan labor to create the new plush accessory.

The accusations were brought forth by Ramperoo, a quaggan who says he was able to escape the labor camp. He claims that he just wants to set his brothers and sisters free, citing that the work conditions are, “Not coo.”

I understand why they aren't jumping the gun but with the amount of time they have prep'd this thing, you'd think they wouldn't need to wait to last minute. >.>

Proven

I understand why they aren't jumping the gun but with the amount of time they have prep'd this thing, you'd think they wouldn't need to wait to last minute. >.>
Either you don't understand software development, or waiting for Valve to drop YF2 updates late into the night has made me too used to this process.

Unless you're looking to make money off of early item speculation, half the time it's better to see patch day as the day after. Despite telling myself this, I'm still here hoping. Oh well, I should get some work done.

hey, I remember a few pages back you guys talked about inviting non gaf people to the guild. It said that it was fine as long as they follow the tos and register at the website. I was just wondering if it is possible, should they whisper an officer or should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom