• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
dude she's not here right now i'm stuck :(
oh.

hahahaha
Playing an Ele level 35 right now (my main lol) and yeah i guess i DID have scepter/dagger combo which is what i use to level and got used to pretty well, so far in AC we only had 2 foes at a time but for some reason they used some super powerful mojo that knocked all FIVE of us down and killed 3 of us instantly :(
Unfortunately I don't have my ele but to level 7 yet so I can't help with specific stuff, though one of our ele experts should be able to!

Your targeting order in AC should always be Necros, then Rangers, then Eles/Monks, then whatever else. Make sure to focus fire. Do you know about calling/selecting targets?

I'm wondering what mob you're talking about. The trash doesn't have a multiple-person knockdown to my knowledge.

oh.

hahahaha

Unfortunately I don't have my ele but to level 7 yet so I can't help with specific stuff, though one of our ele experts should be able to!

Your targeting order in AC should always be Necros, then Rangers, then Eles/Monks, then whatever else. Make sure to focus fire. Do you know about calling/selecting targets?

I'm wondering what mob you're talking about. The trash doesn't have a multiple-person knockdown to my knowledge.

Hmm not sure if it was trash since it all went so fast lol... someone might have accidentally pulled one too many i have no clue what happened, now that i think about it it could also have been one of those RED CIRCLES that we didn't get out of in time since we were in the process of rezzing someone :(. Calling/selecting? Besides simply clicking on a mob to select him i am not sure what you mean no.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm not sure if it was trash since it all went so fast lol... someone might have accidentally pulled one too many i have no clue what happened. Calling/selecting? Besides simply clicking on a mob to select him i am not sure what you mean no.
Hehe.

CTRL + Click, or CTRL + T with a mob selected, "calls" it. Puts a big crosshair on its head. Then party members can press T to also target that mob. Crucial, use it often and always :)

Ashodin

I am on an EU server...

Playing an Ele level 35 right now (my main lol) and yeah i guess i DID have scepter/dagger combo which is what i use to level and got used to pretty well, so far in AC we only had 2 foes at a time but for some reason they used some super powerful mojo that knocked all FIVE of us down and killed 3 of us instantly :(

Okay, using Updraft with your weapon combos can keep enemies away from dudes that are being chased by mad mobs. Earthquake is great for knocking down.

ok thanks, i will give all this a shot tomorrow and see how we fare, on a sidenote i am now considering joining a "casual" guild or something on my server since it was a pain in the ass to finally get a PUG going for AC Story.

Piecake

Well that was fun (not), finally managed to find a PUG, we go in and get UTTERLY destroyed by the 4th or 5th mobs we encountered, granted we were all noobs in there but still... we didn't have a "tank" (yes i know there isnt supposed to BE a trinity here but...) meaning no Guardian or Warrior, i assume one IS needed though right? (unless you're all level 80s and/or know exactly what to do here)

Tank is not needed. I am an engineer, and during HotW, a wolf boss especially liked me since most of my group were pansies and fled to the stairs. Well, it wasnt too difficult to simply kite him around his little room. That is an extreme example as well, since most bosses shoulnt follow around a person for the majority of the time

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tank is not needed. I am an engineer, and during HotW, a wolf boss especially liked me since most of my group were pansies and fled to the stairs. Well, it wasnt too difficult to simply kite him around his little room. That is an extreme example as well, since most bosses shoulnt follow around a person for the majority of the time
THAT was awesome by the way. You did a great job of giving me and my thieves a constant line of sight to him.

Sounds like there's some fascinating backstory there. Mind sharing?

Nothing big, tried to show for those who didn't know the difference between default fov and 90 fov,

Butthurt was an overreaction but they just deleted my comment which there was nothing wrong with. I'm very againt the current fov and why they won't allow us to change it.

Ashodin

Nothing big, tried to show for those who didn't know the difference between default fov and 90 fov,

Butthurt was an overreaction but they just deleted my comment which there was nothing with. I'm very againt the current fov and why they won't allow us to change it.
Sounded like you instigated it

etiolate

Banned

Butthurt was an overreaction but they just deleted my comment which there was nothing wrong with. I'm very againt the current fov and why they won't allow us to change it.

I'm interested if you want to share it.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Decided to take a break from my ranger and try an engineer. Pretty neat class. I like the CC I get with the rifle, though I do find I need to be a lot more careful when soloing stuff what with not having a bear to tank stuff for me. :p

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You know what? I was wrong saying that Sylvari cultural armor sucks. My Guardian looks great now.

9fRWf.jpg

Piecake

Stupid crappy internet right now. Had to bail on a pug CoE run cause my abilities were on a 30 minute delay, or seemed like it since every one was blinking

Ploid 3.0

Do you guys know of any event chains like Cloven Hoof Pass > High Timber Calm > Modniir George for level (level 43 cap) 52+? I guess this one is still good but I was wondering what else is out there.

Achtius

Just did a jumping puzzle in LA with asmund.. I almost threw up at the end.

But the time it took to 100% LA and to complete the damn puzzle, it was a complete day-night cycle
gw471.jpg

Tankshell

Thanks EUGAF for the introduction to AC last night, I knew the difficulty ramped up a bit in instances but that was HARD, f**king rangers.

Anyway I think we did well considering all but one of us were first timers, no wipes and finished in what... about 1h 15?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I can't play thief properly. Looks like I'll retire my thief lol

Then again in all RPGs with thieves I tend to dislike their playstyle.

Ken

I can't play thief properly. Looks like I'll retire my thief lol

Then again in all RPGs with thieves I tend to dislike their playstyle.

I love the look and idea of thieves in all RPGs and MMOs but then when I actually play one I can't stand it. Maybe they are too squishy but I don't know...

Taffer

Thanks EUGAF for the introduction to AC last night, I knew the difficulty ramped up a bit in instances but that was HARD, f**king rangers.

Anyway I think we did well considering all but one of us were first timers, no wipes and finished in what... about 1h 15?

I'm pretty sure the 3 rangers managed to wipe us at least once, God bless Scorpion Wire.

Just got done with my first AC Story run (PUG)

got killed at LEAST 10 times (no rez, had to repair and run back)

I am now initiated into the "boulders are your friends" mantra though lol ;) we couldn't have made it without you boulders!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I love the look and idea of thieves in all RPGs and MMOs but then when I actually play one I can't stand it. Maybe they are too squishy but I don't know...

For me I guess I never really liked playing a speedster who deals weak damage, relies solely on crits, and needs to dodge.

Bugged dungeon runs are so frustrating. Hit two bugs in two different runs in AC today :-/

Had one in AC this morning in Ghost Eater path where you can't finish once you enter the Hall of Champions. I've already gotten 120 AC tokens beforehand, but it was still frustrating.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So any news about upcoming content or expansions or whatever? I haven't been paying much attention to news about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom