• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Uh-oh
AbandonThread.gif

TheYanger

Wow, some people are mad they lost their win shield

The fact of the matter now is that SBI will most likely top the server rankings once the majority of TA leaves Henge. And it's a good thing too, because the only real reason they won any matches was sheer numbers. There are graphs from ANet as proof.

Like J-Rzez said, a lot of Henge players admitted that SBI had great tactics and had they had more players (superior numbers) they would have put up more of a fight. So enjoy your hollow wins good sirs, now it's time to really fight.

And yes Hawkian I will be away tonight, have fun with some WvW, especially if it resets tonight. Should be much more interesting than the snoozefest put up by Henge since the game launched.

Spoken like a true PvE hero riding your own server's coattails. The ONLY time we even got bested during primetime was for a day and a half when ET sacrificed their own score potential to rocket SBI up. If SBI and ET were that good, Henge would've stayed down (Here's a hint, the 'night cap' guilds have just as many hours in the day to take stuff back as you do).

You should take a look at those graphs again, just because Henge has the biggest queue, does not mean it somehow has more people in each map. If your queue chart ever has a SINGLE person in it, your map is full. On the top servers that's ALMOST always. You got stomped at all hours of the day. I don't know how much time you've spent in WvW, but from your posts here I gather not very much. We REGULARLY pushed back the best of the best from other servers, and it was easy. It was almost pathetically easy. You can whine about 24 hour coverage all you want but the simple truth was, when all maps were full on all sides we still dominated, and it was through organization and skill, not because of night capping that the bitter clowns like you wish to pretend. We sweat blood to do as well as we did, we built Henge from literally a NOTHING server (Remember when GAF was there in bwe?). You simply ride the coattails of those on SBI that give a damn yet you dare come here and decry your superiors?

The only people hiding behind shields are the ones like you, sitting back and proclaiming your own greatness with nothing to prove. Titan stands in the open, beckoning all comers, PRAYING for a good fight. You had 6 weeks to bring one, and while your tears are nice and salty they are not enough to sustain our appetites for a half decent WvW game. The competition in this game is so bad we're literally splitting up so we can compete with ourselves. How you can take that as a victory for anyone else is beyond me.

docbon

The fact of the matter now is that SBI will most likely top the server rankings once the majority of TA leaves Henge.

That's a big assumption. We still don't know how many, if any, of the remaining guilds will switch servers, let alone a majority of them. You're also not accounting for the fact that JQ, ET, and BG have only continued to become stronger, while SBI rolled over and died this week. The winds have changed, though not necessarily in our favor.

edit: oh my it is getting serious (and embarassing) up in hurr.

TheYanger

It's a victory for everyone who actually likes to play WvW

Well obviously, everyone agrees about that because that's WHY WE DID IT. Titan LIKES wvw, but not against opponents that fall over like dominos. So in other words, you are claiming victory and trying to put down TA, but make no mistake: This happened because TA willed it. If TA had the time to waste playing WvW as we have been, we would remain undefeated PROBABLY as long as we wanted to, that's what should be obvious here.

To quote Sovereign:
You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

WvW in this game will become better, because we chose to let it be so. Accept the gift graciously instead of like a spoiled brat.

Ashodin

That's a big assumption. We still don't know how many, if any, of the remaining guilds will switch servers, let alone a majority of them. You're also not accounting for the fact that JQ, ET, and BG have only continued to become stronger, while SBI rolled over and died this week. The winds have changed, though not necessarily in our favor.

edit: oh my it is getting serious (and embarassing) up in hurr.

it is getting super serious

and my assumption is based on when SBI actually cared about winning at first. With the rankings going to be shaken up, it should be a lot more interesting. My prediction was only based on the former part of my statement

TheYanger

it is getting super serious

and my assumption is based on when SBI actually cared about winning at first. With the rankings going to be shaken up, it should be a lot more interesting. My prediction was only based on the former part of my statement

Your prediction isn't based on anything but some sense of entitlement about SBI.
SBI got uppity, and we decided to push them down. Just like we decided to stomp on JQ before that and ET before that. You can pretend it didn't happen, but it did. We didn't just go 'hey guys lets win' we said 'hey guys, we're going to win, but we're going to focus on SBI to make sure they get pushed out because they're turning into assholes'.

We literally controlled the matches that much.

Ashodin

Your prediction isn't based on anything but some sense of entitlement about SBI.
SBI got uppity, and we decided to push them down. Just like we decided to stomp on JQ before that and ET before that. You can pretend it didn't happen, but it did. We didn't just go 'hey guys lets win' we said 'hey guys, we're going to win, but we're going to focus on SBI to make sure they get pushed out because they're turning into assholes'.

you need to take a break man

it isn't worth that much

TheYanger

you need to take a break man

it isn't worth that much

Pot meet Kettle? I haven't even played the game in 5 days because there's nothing to do. You're the one sitting here proclaiming how bad Titan is and how you knew it would 'fail' (because 30-0 records are failing) and how SBI is the new number 1. Get over yourself. Titan was the best, anyone trying to refute that is insane. The game will be better now, but that doesn't mean YOU are better. You're not. You're exactly the same as you were before. We're like the gods that swept accross the earth just to see the puny mortals scurry and wondered how they could live like they do. It's better for the earth that we cease our interference and disappear back into the heavens, but the mortals need to recognize their deities just the same.

Ashodin

Pot meet Kettle? I haven't even played the game in 5 days because there's nothing to do. You're the one sitting here proclaiming how bad Titan is and how you knew it would 'fail' (because 30-0 records are failing) and how SBI is the new number 1. Get over yourself. Titan was the best, anyone trying to refute that is insane. The game will be better now, but that doesn't mean YOU are better. You're not. You're exactly the same as you were before. We're like the gods that swept accross the earth just to see the puny mortals scurry and wondered how they could live like they do. It's better for the earth that we cease our interference and disappear back into the heavens, but the mortals need to recognize their deities just the same.
so much hyperbole here it's scary

Koroviev

Man, I'm glad I'm on a mid-tier server away from all the drama.

I don't even know what server I'm on, haha. I made a moderately sexy lady, then proceeded to run about aimlessly picking fights with field crocodiles. The dearth of hairstyles and Caucasian faces saddens me :(

dot

I don't even know what server I'm on, haha. I made a moderately sexy lady, then proceeded to run about aimlessly picking fights with field crocodiles. The dearth of hairstyles and Caucasian faces saddens me :(

Lack of hairstyles? At least female humans (i'm gonna assume your character is human) have some cool ones. Male human hairstyles are so lame. :(

If Anet adds new hairstyles to purchase i'd probably buy it.

Koroviev

Lack of hairstyles? At least female humans (i'm gonna assume your character is human) have some cool ones. Male human hairstyles are so lame. :(

If Anet adds new hairstyles to purchase i'd probably buy it.

Yeah, female human. I don't know; I can think of many more.

Deadly

WOW

docbon

We're like the gods that swept accross the earth just to see the puny mortals scurry and wondered how they could live like they do. It's better for the earth that we cease our interference and disappear back into the heavens, but the mortals need to recognize their deities just the same.

#dead

we have entered uncharted territory in the land of silly analogies.

jersoc

what? no you didn't.

etiolate

Banned

No, you got put in third for a weekend with high activity from all three servers and then when the work week hit and you didn't have to fight the same people anymore, you night zerged the map.

The same thing happened this week at the SAME TIME even though SBI wasn't even really pushing in this match. As soon as Monday hit, there was these complete green maps at night. Just last night, there was a map that was mostly red because SBI has never had good coverage after 4am PST.

Because of this, nobody thought TA was great anymore. They think TA is good, but not dominating in skill. Only dominating due to coverage. Your mystique got shattered and your egos wounded. This is probably why you're so butthurt.

So stop trolling. You need to contribute something of worth to this thread or stop posting.

Vildiil

Wow.....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Housesitting for my sister this weekend. My brother-in-law does have GW2 and I brought a controller and he appears to have a headset, so I may still be good to go for runs and stuff, but I'm watching 3 dogs, so bear with me if I'm a little less reachable than usual. :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Most entertaining few minutes I've had with this game.

KuroNeeko

get a life

I've always been pretty supportive of your right to speak your mind here, but this is pathetic.

Life is balance and I hope you find what is truly important before you squander too much time.

I' m ignoring your posts, though I'm sure I'll be subject to them through another user' s post. Good job validating the criticism leveled at you.

TheYanger

I've always been pretty supportive of your right to speak your mind here, but this is pathetic.

Life is balance and I hope you find what is truly important before you squander too much time.

I' m ignoring your posts, though I'm sure I'll be subject to them through another user' s post. Good job validating the criticism leveled at you.

Rofl. So it's ok to try and shit all over our accomplishments, but it's not ok to be proud of them. Makes sense.

KuroNeeko

Rofl. So it's ok to try and shit all over our accomplishments, but it's not ok to be proud of them. Makes sense.
'''

The accomplishment is in the doing. The results speak for themselves. People can counter with "well, if we had done # then things would have been different!" , that's just whining. Superior numbers wins battles all the time. The burden of proof about who is more skilled is on the loser.

Yet you come in the thread looking to rub people's noses in it. Trying to look cool by quoting a video game character. That's just sad, and worse, it 's BM and no one likes a BMer. You could of strolled in and been like, "Think you're better, then prove it." Instead, you decide to prove a lot of negative social stereotypes about online gamers out there.s

Whatever, I'm not looking to change your mind. You'll be whatever you decide to be. I just don't want to spend any more time reading your consistently abrasive posts.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
This is why I rolled on the unofficial RP realm. Nothing finer than dining on a victory while the corpse of defeat lays under the table.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You guys can't just instigate the argument and then pile on Yanger when he goes off the cliff. The blood is on your hands.

This is why I rolled on the unofficial RP realm. Nothing finer than dining on a victory while the corpse of defeat lays under the table.
What is it? I think I prefer RP drama to virtual warfare drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom