• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping we can continue doing more GAF guild events. I missed the weekly jump puzzles and dungeon contests. And while I haven't participated in the map completions, I hope we eventually end at Orr (even though I completed Malcor's Leap with some help from Ash).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I guess I can temporarily take a break from my GW2 break for that.

Also that means 4AM +8GMT Nov. 17 for us Southeast Asian folks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wonder if that goes for chests too? I've been getting black lion chests left and right lately.

Someone suggested that they were nerfing the drop on them, but even after that patch I'm still getting piles of them. I never intend to open them, though. No way will I play GW2 gachapon.

pyrandes

I've decided that I really enjoy running dungeons. It's a LOT of fun when you have a group that understands the idea of group play. When you have people running solo builds and treating EVERY encounter like a tank and spank...Not so much.
Amen to this. I need to get back on and go dungeon running again. Too many other distractions have been filling my space atm tho.

Unless children can run home, start their computers, and log on within 10 minutes, they kinda miss out too. It's really like the unemployed and 4 year olds here. I suppose Europeans can get on at what, 9-10pm-ish? What about Asia and most of the Americas?
Yeah, I don't know wtf they're thinking with those time frames.

I can only assume that the beginning of the events are immaterial and that we're not actually missing out on anything by logging in at standard prime time hours.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, I don't know wtf they're thinking with those time frames.

I can only assume that the beginning of the events are immaterial and that we're not actually missing out on anything by logging in at standard prime time hours.

The only thing you'll likely miss out on is the influx or money to be made on the TP (Candy Corn!). And exploits...Doors not closing = Halloween Hunting done in 20 minutes haha

oktarb

Total let down last night. On my level 31 Warrior I scraped, hunted and gathered 30 skill points so I could unlock RAMPAGE: "Turns you into a massive juggernaut."

I purchase and activate before a helpless Moa....little drunken dots appear. I look exactly the same. Oh the Moa bit me, now I have purple chains around me.

Complete let down. I didn't turn into anything. 30 points. Bah. Depression Quit for the week.

jersoc

Unless children can run home, start their computers, and log on within 10 minutes, they kinda miss out too. It's really like the unemployed and 4 year olds here. I suppose Europeans can get on at what, 9-10pm-ish? What about Asia and most of the Americas?

i'm not 4 or unemployed. just working a 2nd shift job. these times are perfect for me!

Ashodin

Voted Queen Jennah 2012

XnXm3.jpg

Total let down last night. On my level 31 Warrior I scraped, hunted and gathered 30 skill points so I could unlock RAMPAGE: "Turns you into a massive juggernaut."

I purchase and activate before a helpless Moa....little drunken dots appear. I look exactly the same. Oh the Moa bit me, now I have purple chains around me.

Complete let down. I didn't turn into anything. 30 points. Bah. Depression Quit for the week.

Wallach would like to have a word with you

Here's my current look, almost complete, I just don't know what to make the chestpiece...

JhY94.png

Atrophis

I'm on a mission to hit 80 before the patch drops.

At the end of the Halloween event I was 35 and after a marathon session on Sunday I made it to 48 and killed the Shatterer for the first time (quite a disappointment). When you just blitz through a zone feels so good to see that xp bar fly up. Then after 10 or so levels doing personal story to get another big boost. I feel confident!

Retro

Here's my current look, almost complete, I just don't know what to make the chestpiece...

You have the same shoulders as my complete set. Here's what the whole thing looks like;

MHfbB.jpg

And with the quite-badass Helm;
y3b1i.jpg

Comes from Karma vendors in Malchor's Leap and Straits of Devastation. Chest is specifically from Pagga's Waypoint.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm on a mission to hit 80 before the patch drops.

At the end of the Halloween event I was 35 and after a marathon session on Sunday I made it to 48 and killed the Shatterer for the first time (quite a disappointment). When you just blitz through a zone feels so good to see that xp bar fly up. Then after 10 or so levels doing personal story to get another big boost. I feel confident!

If you can get a group for AC explore (or any dungeon), exp is awesome at the end. Super awesome.

Regular ANet working hours are likely 9-5 too. Having events in the evening mean they have to stay late in case things go awry.

Also the Mesmer elite that turns your foe into a Moa is hilarious. The Melandru avatar skill is disappointing though.

Levyne

Banned
So I got all the gifts required for legendary. Just need the precursor itself.

So....see you in 2 months while I build the funds up

Also I posted my armor earlier but I will repost since other people are posting characters/armor sets

P1J75.jpg

Edit: I really like the look of the Asura above me

Boss Doggie

Yeah charr are so interesting.

Asura and charr are, yes. Even sylvari tried to make it so that the human-esque look is toned down.

Also personal story and early maps other races > human. Enjoy your repetitive centaurs. :p

Is Caudecus = Romney?

etiolate

Banned
The Charr personal story has enough political intrigue and backstabbing that I hope they expand racial stories later on. My Engineer is at the part where you start making friendly with the orders, but I would rather go back to seeing whats up with the fallout from the storyline with my character's father, and the other stuff involving the different legions.

Boss Doggie

The Charr personal story has enough political intrigue and backstabbing that I hope they expand racial stories later on. My Engineer is at the part where you start making friendly with the orders, but I would rather go back to seeing whats up with the fallout from the storyline with my character's father, and the other stuff involving the different legions.

Sadly the game structured PS poorly. You magically forget your origins midway, then your order towards the end.

zon

I'm finally on the last part of my personal story: Kill Zhaitan.

After that I never have to think about doing it again. :D

BrettWeir

So I got all the gifts required for legendary. Just need the precursor itself.

So....see you in 2 months while I build the funds up

Also I posted my armor earlier but I will repost since other people are posting characters/armor sets

P1J75.jpg

Edit: I really like the look of the Asura above me

Which one are you going for?

zon

Does anyone else have the problem of investing all your money on the trading post as soon as you sell something? I honestly don't know how much gold I have right now as I keep putting it into circulation again as soon my flipped items get sold.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does anyone else have the problem of investing all your money on the trading post as soon as you sell something? I honestly don't know how much gold I have right now as I keep putting it into circulation again as soon my flipped items get sold.

I have 55s left, so no. I wish I had this problem. :|

My money burns a hole in my pocket so no, I don't have this problem. :(

arimanius

Anyone have any ideas what class balancing is going to be done on the 15th? The more I play some of my alts the more I think some classes need a lot of work.

Iresecia

Neo Member
Rant incoming. So last night I had to rage quit cause I was doing some map completion in WvW while my server is mostly in control. I had one last thing to get and realized that the enemy was in control of the area to get to this stupid vista. This is after I spent hours trying to get back to the same area from the one waypoint we had since I kept running into groups of people. I'm probably alone in this but I wish you didn't have to do WvW for some things. Monthlies and 100% world completion in particular. I understand it's a major feature but bleh.

/rant

That aside I've done a bit of WvW with a group and it can be alright if you find a huge group to cling to. Typically though I don't know what's going on. Is there like a WvW 101 class that's efficient in showing you the ropes other than just screwing around?

Fafnir

Anyone have any ideas what class balancing is going to be done on the 15th? The more I play some of my alts the more I think some classes need a lot of work.

From looking at the official forums it looks like a Thief backstab nerf and a Ranger buff.

Rant incoming. So last night I had to rage quit cause I was doing some map completion in WvW while my server is mostly in control. I had one last thing to get and realized that the enemy was in control of the area to get to this stupid vista. This is after I spent hours trying to get back to the same area from the one waypoint we had since I kept running into groups of people. I'm probably alone in this but I wish you didn't have to do WvW for some things. Monthlies and 100% world completion in particular. I understand it's a major feature but bleh.

/rant

That aside I've done a bit of WvW with a group and it can be alright if you find a huge group to cling to. Typically though I don't know what's going on. Is there like a WvW 101 class that's efficient in showing you the ropes other than just screwing around?

I understand you in a way, but on the other hand I have to admit that the most thrilling is when your in WvW, trying to survive. Particular during the psychological battles during the quest to get the jumping puzzles in Red, Green and Blue World.

It's tough, and you die a lot and it's risky, and it can be hell being on a server that is just not dominating WvW. But on the other hand, this difficulty is part of what makes 100% game completion such an achievement.

For me it's the most satisfying solo activity that I've done. It took me 300 hours (though for the longest time I did not focus on this at all). It was only when I had around 50% world completion that it began to dawn on me how difficult this was going to be. Then I cleared all the hearts everywhere, and thought I was done. Turns out, that getting those PoIs and Vistas can really test your sense of awareness and exploration skills. When I only had WvW left, I thought it got really tough.
TL;DR - It was awesome getting. It was worth it. To me this has been the most fun end game activity I've done in a theme park MMO. I was able to do a lot of it solo, at my own pace and in my own accordance. Not only that but I did it simultaneously while doing other things, like getting materials, making money, aqurring currencies like Karma and SP and Glory.

Most end game activities wont allow you to do things with this much flexibility. On the flip side, doing 100% is not difficult like a hard dungeons is difficult. And when you got your 100% it stops apruptly, much like when you have exhausted the rewards from the end game activity you were running in that other game.

Iresecia

Neo Member
I understand you in a way, but on the other hand I have to admit that the most thrilling is when your in WvW, trying to survive. Particular during the psychological battles during the quest to get the jumping puzzles in Red, Green and Blue World.

It's tough, and you die a lot and it's risky, and it can be hell being on a server that is just not dominating WvW. But on the other hand, this difficulty is part of what makes 100% game completion such an achievement.

For me it's the most satisfying solo activity that I've done. It took me 300 hours (though for the longest time I did not focus on this at all). It was only when I had around 50% world completion that it began to dawn on me how difficult this was going to be. Then I cleared all the hearts everywhere, and thought I was done. Turns out, that getting those PoIs and Vistas can really test your sense of awareness and exploration skills. When I only had WvW left, I thought it got really tough.
TL;DR - It was awesome getting. It was worth it. To me this has been the most fun end game activity I've done in a theme park MMO. I was able to do a lot of it solo, at my own pace and in my own accordance. Not only that but I did it simultaneously while doing other things, like getting materials, making money, aqurring currencies like Karma and SP and Glory.

Most end game activities wont allow you to do things with this much flexibility. On the flip side, doing 100% is not difficult like a hard dungeons is difficult. And when you got your 100% it stops apruptly, much like when you have exhausted the rewards from the end game activity you were running in that other game.

Yeah I'm at 60 some percent right now, I jump in to do the WvW maps when SEEMINGLY there are less people on (guess who was wrong about the population at 3am) to get them out of the way, but only when we're doing extremely well. I'm not a pvp person. I realize GW1 was a pvp game and in that vein GW2 is also a pvp oriented game. That said, I'm more into the pve side which is most of my annoyance at doing the map completion in WvW, especially solo. It would probably help if I also wasn't a necro. Just hoping that I can finish this last vista on this borderland before I move onto eternal battlegrounds. Then I never have to worry about it again.

Deitus

/rant

Are you on Stormbluff Isle? You weren't by chance talking about this in map chat, and saying that ArenaNet should not let people kill non-combatants, were you? If not, then sorry, but someone in WvW last night was a saying a lot of the same things as you in map chat. If so, then sorry if I came off a bit condescending in my response to you.

Anyway, I have seen this complaint a few times before, and while I get that a pure PVE player having to play a PVP mode is less than optimal, trying to get it out of the way all at once is only going to make it more frustrating. Don't try to get all of WvW completion at once, and don't even try to get 100% on any map at one time.

Jump into a borderlands, and look at what points your server owns, and see if there are any POIs, vistas, and skillpoints in and around those points. After you get all of those, look to see if your server is in the process of taking any other points that have POIs/vistas you need, and if so, help them claim the point so you can get access to them. Never run off on your own into enemy territory trying to chase these things, it will only leave you with an expensive repair bill. Once you have gotten all of the easily claimed points, move on to the next map, until you have gotten everything easy in all 3 borderlands and eternal battlegrounds. Then, just leave WvW (unless you want to actually try it out, which I would definitely recommend), and come back next week when there is a new matchup, and hopefully your server is in a different position on the maps. The only point that will be difficult is Stonemist Castle, which actually will require your server to be good enough to capture it. By doing this, you can save yourself tons of time and frustration, even if you won't be able to get that 100% right away.

etiolate

Banned
I think they should separate WvWvW map completion from the Map Completion achievement. Basically, it should be its own achievement that is not a part of the percentage completion. Its too subject to things out of the control of the player.

I don't find the monthly achievement to be too big a problem since you can still get it win or lose.

Iresecia

Neo Member
Are you on Stormbluff Isle? You weren't by chance talking about this in map chat, and saying that ArenaNet should not let people kill non-combatants, were you? If not, then sorry, but someone in WvW last night was a saying a lot of the same things as you in map chat. If so, then sorry if I came off a bit condescending in my response to you.

Anyway, I have seen this complaint a few times before, and while I get that a pure PVE player having to play a PVP mode is less than optimal, trying to get it out of the way all at once is only going to make it more frustrating. Don't try to get all of WvW completion at once, and don't even try to get 100% on any map at one time.

Jump into a borderlands, and look at what points your server owns, and see if there are any POIs, vistas, and skillpoints in and around those points. After you get all of those, look to see if your server is in the process of taking any other points that have POIs/vistas you need, and if so, help them claim the point so you can get access to them. Never run off on your own into enemy territory trying to chase these things, it will only leave you with an expensive repair bill. Once you have gotten all of the easily claimed points, move on to the next map, until you have gotten everything easy in all 3 borderlands and eternal battlegrounds. Then, just leave WvW (unless you want to actually try it out, which I would definitely recommend), and come back next week when there is a new matchup, and hopefully your server is in a different position on the maps. The only point that will be difficult is Stonemist Castle, which actually will require your server to be good enough to capture it. By doing this, you can save yourself tons of time and frustration, even if you won't be able to get that 100% right away.
I'm on TC so it wasn't me. I'm going to check later today to see if I can get there better. It required a lot of sneaking around on my part to even get close so I'll see. Just stubborn determination on my part since it's the very last thing I need on that borderland. I've been pretty lucky for the most part though so I have hope I can finish it tonight. Either way thank you for the advice.

I think they should separate WvWvW map completion from the Map Completion achievement. Basically, it should be its own achievement that is not a part of the percentage completion. Its too subject to things out of the control of the player.

I don't find the monthly achievement to be too big a problem since you can still get it win or lose.

My only gripe last month was we were losing BAD and I was having trouble getting the kills. Was glad when I got it done though. Now I know to do it in advance lol.

Lulubop

I made a Guardian, got up to level 35 last night and I'm not really feeling the class. I'll be making a Ranger for my final slot, and I have some good vibes.

I must say, I wish Anet would increase Lodestone/Core drop rate a tad. At least in dungeon chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom