• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLopez12

Neo Member
I think it's very likely because future dungeon revamps and additions are being attached to the living story, which is the area these people worked in to begin with.

Wallach

I think it's very likely because future dungeon revamps and additions are being attached to the living story, where these people worked to begin with.

It's a position that was occupied by one person. That one person also, as you seem to have identified, still did not work on all of the dungeon content.

GLopez12

Neo Member
Right. I'm just happy he won't have influence anymore. His spot will likely be taken up by people who have designed far superior content.

Lulubop

Swamp is easiest. If you have a group failing it, chances are you're in for a rough run.

Edit: I think swamp is fine.

there are some much more poorly designed ones.

Trey

CoF 3 has two annoying parts:

1.) Torches at the beginning. This used to be worse when you simultaneously had to light 5 but now it's only 3. Have to do this while dealing with imps and whatnot.

2.) There is a puzzle of sorts where you have to avoid explosions in a tunnel. This leads to a room with some turrets and enemies. This means if one person makes it and 4 die, they cant wp if he gets in combat with them.

3.) The boss takes awhile to kill because he goes invuln a lot.

There used to be five? Damn, coordination must be on point so you wouldn't have to deal with the trash.

I be in Mist Form like "lol"

Yeah. It's a wack boss - overstays his welcome.

Proven

Robert Hrouda was laid off.

It's sad he's unemployed, but this is fantastic news for Guild Wars 2. Robert was behind most of the terrible boss design in Guild Wars 2. Some examples: The two fractals he worked on were swamp and underwater, and he designed the karka queen fight in the Southsun Cove meta event.

Wait, are we complaining about the overall dungeon, or just the boss? Because he made fun and interesting levels, and if the AC revamp is anything to go by he started taking those ideas and applying them to the bosses as well. He was evolving just as much with the game.

Taffer

uDU4xNP.jpg

Thanks to all the lovely gaffers for the dungeon runs!

Levyne

Banned
Had a huge amount of fun in WvW today. I'm a few days late on the pick-up, apparently, but seems like DR is having a mass exodus of sorts with SBI being one of the beneficiaries. Seems like we have WvW focused guilds BÆST, Bags, and I think "DDLG" aboard or on the way. Somehow SBI was chosen after stops or considerations of CD or BP went sour.

Anyways. Just one session, but it was really fun and I hope it persists.

Alabaster: It's glorious

I like swamp, the non-combat challenge brings a nice change of pace to the set of fractals. Underwater isn't the strongest fractal, but it's not awful or anything and I like the dolphin part. Solid ocean and battleground are easily weaker in terms of content.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Subject 7 is stupid easy with my Mesmer on 5 gambits.

Should have farmed that when farming the gauntlet was a thing.

Lunar15

I know, it's like a little slice of the Official Forums peeled off and floated haphazardly through the ether and settled in our patch of grass.

I don't think anything was that bad. There weren't any baseless insults and completely impractical suggestions.

hythloday

At the anniversary bash? I don't think we really know. Could be a long presentation about new things,, could be 20 minutes of speechifying. No clue. Looking forward to it, though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's seemingly a stream of the entire event...
Welcome Address
1:00-1:30PM PDT
ArenaNet kicks off the Anniversary Bash with an address by ArenaNet
president Mike O’Brien.

Sneak Peek Play Session
1:30-3:00PM PDT
Check out exclusive new content in Guild Wars 2 with an onscreen demo and a number of playable stations to get hands on with the some of the ArenaNet development team.

Panel: “The Living World of Guild Wars 2″
3:30-4:30PM PDT
Learn more about developing the live game and our plans for the future in this
informative panel, where ArenaNet devs will also take questions from the audience. Speakers include ArenaNet devs Colin Johanson, Chris Whiteside, and more!

PvP Invitational Tournament
5:00-7:00PM PDT
This is it: the final match between the winners of the North American and European regional qualifying tournaments. Watch the best PvP teams from each region battle it out in a best three out of five match with $10,000 in prize money on the line!

Watch the match on our Livestream!

Nice! Looks like I will be watching from 1-4:30 nonstop. The only issue will be that it kinda lands during dinner time because I am on EST which means it will be 4-8:30.

I think I'm seeing a movie with my family, probably miss all or most of it sadly.
Well at least you know that you can watch it when you come home because it will be on twitch. Just do not read the forums if you don't want anything spoiled. You should watch The Conjuring, it is an awesome family movie.

Am I the only one who has an email every week, sent to spam, about my GW2 Account being shut down?
I have never gotten emails like that.

Lunar15

Excited for the panel. I hope the audience asks good questions, and not just like, really pointless questions that they know Anet won't answer.

Other than beards, is there anything you do care about?
Care about:
- Finding out how Ascended crafting will work.
- Finding out about what is coming next for GW2 (as long as it is not SAB)
- Engineers, Warriors and Necros
- GAFGuild
- Chocolate
- Seeing the rest of Tyria (continent and world)

Why do you make me cry so? ;_;

I care about the people that play the Thief but not the profession itself. It is not a comment on the guys that play the Thief it just shows how grouchy I am getting, the closer we get to this SAB update.

Guys small question.
I can't do the entirety of Queen Jubilee event anymore right?
Just Clockwork Chaos?

I do not know if there was an achievement for taking part in the opening ceremony of the Jubilee but if there is one you can no longer get that because now all you see if the closing ceremony. All the other achievements you can complete.

Levyne

Banned
You can do everything through this weekend except, I believe, the Opening Ceremony instance. You will just need to tag along on a "Scarlet's Playhouse" instance to be able to access the pavilion.

Complistic

Think I'm just going to sell all the mats I bought now. Speculators always speculate too high I find.

made about 5s each on my armored scales and 3s each on the dust. And 2s each on the claws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom