• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Dear god, don't use your character name, your internet username, your trucker handle, whatever. Just give your damn name, guys. Ugh.

Retro

I'm so confused...I thought fedoras were an internet joke?

No, that's the people wearing them...

Also: why do people ask questions they already know the answer to hoping for a different answer just because it's being asked live?

Also, people making suggestions instead of asking questions piss me off. Shut the fuck up and sit down already.

Lunar15

Also: why do people ask questions they already know the answer to hoping for a different answer just because it's being asked live?

Also, people making suggestions instead of asking questions piss me off.

People at these things always drive me bonkers. They gotta understand that the team is going to be as vague as possible about big things, you really have to focus on small, managable questions that they're going to give you a meaningful answer for.

Jira

Also, people making suggestions instead of asking questions piss me off.

Ugh, get better questions people.

Retro

Ugh, get better questions people.

This is pretty standard for live panels at gaming shows, regardless of who's doing it and what game type it is. The questions are always lame and almost always about things they KNOW they can't answer but ask to try and put them on the spot. Never gonna happen.

Also, a nice SBI shoutout from Colin.

This is pretty standard for live panels at gaming shows, regardless of who's doing it and what game type it is. The questions are always lame and almost always about things they KNOW they can't answer but ask to try and put them on the spot. Never gonna happen.

Also, a nice SBI shoutout from Colin.

Hey! There was that one Blizzcon where a guy asked a certain Web Show actress/producer if the Carpet matched the Curtains. That was a pretty good question both for the gall he showed and the fact she didn't know what he meant. :X

Retro

So what was the big surprise? The WvW tourney?

New version of Tequatl and LFG in the second September update, WvW tourney in October, and people in fedoras need to be buried up to their necks in concrete before the brainless horde multiplies. Actually, that last one isn't a surprise, but it was sad to see it crop up in the GW2 community. Oh Well, it was only a matter of time.

It's a good thing we only joke about Ash wearing one, or he'd be the first to go.
JUWnj.gif

Hey! There was that one Blizzcon where a guy asked a certain Web Show actress/producer if the Carpet matched the Curtains. That was a pretty good question both for the gall he showed and the fact she didn't know what he meant. :X

Yeah, I forgot about him, and Red Shirt Guy who stood up and tried to play "gotcha" with the major developers on some minor lore issue nobody cares about.

These, ladies and gentlemen, are the Legends of Live Dev Panels. Look upon them and despair.

Mxrz

The twitch stream is just music. Is it over? What was the question about Charr, more of the armor-whine stuff? I hope someone made sure to ask about the !@^#$ Crystal Desert.

hythloday

The twitch stream is just music. Is it over? What was the question about Charr, more of the armor-whine stuff? I hope someone made sure to ask about the !@^#$ Crystal Desert.

It's a break before the live PvP match. The Q&A stuff is over.

The charr stuff was exactly that, armor complaints.

They didn't really touch on Crystal Desert specifically, they just kinda said Cantha/Elona still exist in the world and they'll have to talk about them some point, and "nothing's off the table." Then the girl asking the question said they'd have to get rid of Kralkatorrik before going to Elona, and the devs kind of agreed without confirming/denying anything.

Retro

Charr question was indeed about armor, and a very nervous-looking girl in a fedora vaguely asked about seeing GW1 content return, and when asked to elaborate mentioned both Cantha and Elona. As expected, the devs dodged the question without breaking a sweat, as it was foreseen well in advance by everyone everywhere with a clue... They really should have people submit questions in writing first or something and weed out the stuff everyone already knows or knows they can't answer. Such a waste of time.

MMORPG.com article on the new LFG tool. As well as a screenshot form the livestream.

Oooh, nice... especially this bit;
What’s more is that groups started by friends, guild members, and so forth will automatically rise to the top.

Sophia

Oooh, nice... especially this bit;

Another thing I like is that anyone can modify the LFG tool, as there's no party leader under GW2's group system. It also keeps logs of who modified what:

On top of this automatic limitation, everyone has the ability to report players who behave poorly too, and kick them from groups. One of the freeform parts of the LFG tool is that any player can alter what your group is looking for in the LFG menu, not just the leader. So if you get a stranger who changes your group’s tagline from “Level 11 Fractals” to “Looking for animal strange” you can report them. The chat log will notify you of every single thing your group does and has done to it in the LFG tool, and it will also let you know who did what. This way you can just right-click the offender, kick them from the group, and report their heinous deeds. And of course, they’ll also be subject to the same timed limitation that ArenaNet is putting in place. Asshats beware, indeed.

Lunar15

I wonder if Teq's the only thing going up on the 17th alongside the LFG tool. I mean, Don't me wrong, an LFG tool is always welcome, but Teq isn't exactly something that requires a group, and therefore I'd wonder if something more group focused would be hitting too.

Retro

I wonder if Teq's the only thing going up on the 17th alongside the LFG tool. I mean, Don't me wrong, an LFG tool is always welcome, but Teq isn't exactly something that requires a group, and therefore I'd wonder if something more group focused would be hitting too.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to it than that. Our first hint will be Tuesday when the "Coming Soon" banner changes from the SAB one to whatever's new.

xeris

Cross-posting from the GAFguild site: anyone up for Arah Story dungeon after guild fever today? My necromancer needs it. The little guy has come a long way from being initially created mainly to make a legendary gift.

Most of the large meta-events already have pre-events that require completion, you mean like those?

Can't promise when I'll be on, but if you're looking for people and I'm around I'm more than happy to go.

Mxrz

Hmm. I'll still spam gaf everynight looking for more on ac/hotw/cof. I usually do it and then go to gw2lfg, so this one less step.

I like to pester ANet about Crystal desert & Elona in a superficial attempt to balance out all the "CANTHAN OH GAWD CANTHA PLS" masses. Lot of fond memories of the crystal desert back in the day, and I still think Nightfall was a better traditional crpg than people gave it credit for.

Jira

So there's 10 new Achievements coming for the new Taco fight (11 counting the Meta and new title) I THINK they also said there's a reward tied to it too.

Shiokazu

<< is a retard.

but it was fun, and the crab part was frustrating.

couldnt stay much longer, pc crashed and i have books to read. literature degrees sucks

Retro

Man, any update that deals with the actual main element of the game (the dragons) I'm all for. This is gonna be great.

No one seems to have noticed that despite Zhaitan being "dead", his Champion seems to be getting stronger. If this were a Living Story, wouldn't he be getting weaker?

Suspicious...

Shiokazu

No one seems to have noticed that despite Zhaitan being "dead", his Champion seems to be getting stronger. If this were a Living Story, wouldn't he be getting weaker?

Suspicious...

you cant really kill dragons, i think thats what the wikia says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom