• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Charr fractal takes place during the searing. Dunno about the others.

The invasion farmers on SBI sure are pissy. Had some freak out tonight because we had some people trying to get crystals away from their hoard. Invasions have become pretty awful in general it seems like. Hopefully ANet took notice of all the stuff.

I think it actually takes place during the Foefire which is after the searing. When the Ascalon King turns all his people to ghosts.

Jira

Some things, just out in the world, are too tough to solo. I know the GAF guild is awesome but it's hard for me to get into it without any close friends to enjoy it with. They're all console gamers.

Unless an event says [Group Event] or it's a giant world boss, it can ALL be solo'd.

Mxrz

I think it actually takes place during the Foefire which is after the searing. When the Ascalon King turns all his people to ghosts.

Hmm. It could be for all I know. Just by the looks of the city it looked more akin to pre-searing's look compared to post searing's broken walls and stuff.

Ashodin

Hmm. It could be for all I know. Just by the looks of the city it looked more akin to pre-searing's look compared to post searing's broken walls and stuff.

It was a fringe city, I think. The commander runs out saying "you'll never take ascalon. RAHHH"

CoF, SE, HotW, TA, a typical GAF power combo

zYDAQ2f.jpg

Kos gonna Kos.

TrounceX

. said:
World Ability Points will be refunded to everyone at the start of the season.

Holy shit this is awesome since I messed up badly on my ability points.

Protip: Guard Leech and Guard Defense are the best. With each of those lines maxed you get:

+100 power
+100 condition damage
+250 Vitality

Provided you take a supply camp and tag all the guards obviously, but that shouldn't really be a problem

I guess the only other caveat is that it costs 115 ability points for each of them...which I'm guessing is quite a bit for most people in GAF. Not a big deal for me though.

Also nabbed this picture last night. Anyone ever seen more buffs at one time than this? Took up so much of my screen I had to turn Simple Party UI on lol. #T1 problems

. said:

(sorry for the messed aspect ratio)

Proven

I'm never going to step foot into SAB at this rate...
Kinda hype!

Reading the forum, seems like they are looking to separate NA servers into 2 leagues only...

Collection of info from Devon Carver on the new WvW seasons:

So what's important to take from this is there are rewards tied into this beyond a finisher that they'll talk about in a blog closer to the Season 1 start. That even if you're in a low tier WvW server, getting 1st in your Bronze league will yield better rewards for you over the server who got 6th in Gold because they gave up. Also, the finisher that is handed out won't be available if you don't defend your rankings each season.

So the new stomps are like trophies. Hype.

Any chance of some guild mission makeups of some sort this week? Wasn't around for any last weekend.

They are scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday evenings. 9pm Eastern Tuesday, 6:30pm Eastern Thursday. Also Sundays at 3pm. One of our fine officers will attempt to get them going.

Edit: Tuesday is patch day...

Mxrz

I caved and bought the Deep Glacial Teal dye I've been eyeing. Probably dropped 100g over the last day or two. So while I might never have a legendary, I'll be the snazziest charr in Ascalon.

The average quality of boss design will significantly increase on Tuesday, when the big fuck you to balanced, satisfying difficulty design and worst boss in GW2, aka Liadri, will be gone, hopefully forever.

If I buy a 9th character slot to make a Norn Warrior because their tier 2/3 cultural amour is amazing, that would be really stupid, wouldn't it? :/

Give us another heavy armour class dammit.

It's never going to happen, is it?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
If I buy a 9th character slot to make a Norn Warrior because their tier 2/3 cultural amour is amazing, that would be really stupid, wouldn't it? :/

Give us another heavy armour class dammit.

It's never going to happen, is it?

I have two warriors and two guardians...because both times I decided Norn looked cooler and rerolled. Yes, it's really stupid.
And wooooorrrth it
It took every ounce of strength to not leap over and save him.

I have two warriors and two guardians...because both times I decided Norn looked cooler and rerolled. Yes, it's really stupid.
And wooooorrrth it

You are meant to dissuade me!

One nice thing about this game is that I could have two warriors with radically different builds and skill sets and they might as well be different classes.

I really like the idea of a build that users banners.

This is inevitable, isn't it?

Complistic

CoF, SE, HotW, TA, a typical GAF power combo

Kos gonna Kos.

I love that pic. in one screen shot, it captures our entire se1 run last night. So fun.

When I run the dungeon with true dungeon masters like Hawkian, we never hide in a corner, we face our foes head on.

Everyone skips that part because if you do you shave off like 5 minutes of mobs. I'm pretty sure hawk was the one that showed me.

Seems to be pick on Kos week. That's cool. Can't wait till tomorrows update so you can waste your time in SAB and I do not have to see your characters in Tyria.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Any chance of some guild mission makeups of some sort this week? Wasn't around for any last weekend.
Sure, just show up at the regularly scheduled times and speak up and we'll attempt to get everybody who needs them their comms. For those who are new that is:

(All times eastern)
Sunday: 3:00PM, open session
Tuesday: 9:00PM, challenge/rush
Thursday: 6:30PM, bounty/puzzle

Pulling off a challenge might be tricky tomorrow with the new shiny, but with a group of 9 or more I'm always willing to try.
The average quality of boss design will significantly increase on Tuesday, when the big fuck you to balanced, satisfying difficulty design and worst boss in GW2, aka Liadri, will be gone, hopefully forever.
Haha, aw <3
I love that pic. in one screen shot, it captures our entire se1 run last night. So fun.

Everyone skips that part because if you do you shave off like 5 minutes of mobs. I'm pretty sure hawk was the one that showed me.
Haha, I mean the patrol can be easily skipped but it doesn't cost THAT much time to just kill them either. sounds like there was comedic value in watching that run either way.
About how long do you all think it would take me to get the Gauntlet meta?
I'm not certain, is killing Liadri a requirement for it or not?

I should spend some time in there today, I'll miss the gauntlet.

Anno

You can grind through to Liadri in fairly short order. It's killing her that's the hard part, and the one that rewards the mini.

Ludovico

Just so it's clear, there is absolutely no log in requirement for GAF. The "culling" is just a result of us bumping against the cap and needing space. If we could have 2000 members we'd allow anyone to be as inactive as they want or their lifestyle/entertainment choices demands.

I just joined GAF yesterday after finally having time to play again. I'm currently on Sorrow's Furnace, should I make sure to guest SI every time I play, or consider a permanent switch?

Yarrr matey, there be a guild +15% karma boost off the port bow, freshly activated this morning, arr.

I don't know why I typed that like a pirate.

I have 105 jugs stashed, as well as some karma boosters.
Will the boosters stack or should I just use one, and where's port bow?!

Levyne

Banned
You can pretty much do anything via guesting except wvw.

The +50% boost, passive guild boost, banner boost, food boost, and infusion boost all stack for the Karma.

Katoki

I just joined GAF yesterday after finally having time to play again. I'm currently on Sorrow's Furnace, should I make sure to guest SI every time I play, or consider a permanent switch?

If you like Sorrow's Furnace, just remember to guest over when you want to join the people in SBI. Otherwise there is no real need to guest to begin with.

Ludovico

You can pretty much do anything via guesting except wvw.

The +50% boost, passive guild boost, banner boost, food boost, and infusion boost all stack for the Karma.

If you like Sorrow's Furnace, just remember to guest over when you want to join the people in SBI. Otherwise there is no real need to guest to begin with.

Thanks.

And I really do want to get into WvW more, I'll think about switching once I'm able to contribute more on that front.

I'm lvl62 now and am getting ever so closer to lvl80. I'm noticing with every 10 levels, my character is getting cooler armor and I like it.

Btw, is their any dyes that are close to the black dye or abyss dye? I would get the black or abyss dye but they're super rare and cost over 12 gold.

Retro

I'm lvl62 now and am getting ever so closer to lvl80. I'm noticing with every 10 levels, my character is getting cooler armor and I like it.

Btw, is their any dyes that are close to the black dye or abyss dye? I would get the black or abyss dye but they're super rare and cost over 12 gold.

Midnight Ice is very close, though on heavy armor it can be very blue-ish. On leather, it's surprisingly a darker color than black or abyss. Unfortunately, it runs about the same price as black dye, 13g48s right now.

Look into Charcoal, Iron and all of the other "Midnight _____" dyes.

Complistic

Do whatever you want, but I find just black dye to be terribly boring. it's like the dye color for people who want to look cool but don't want to experiment with the millions of dye combinations. You can get a much more cool and unique look for a whole lot cheaper if you play with the dyes a bit.

Retro

Do whatever you want, but I find just black dye to be terribly boring. it's like the dye color for people who want to look cool but don't want to experiment with the millions of dye combinations. You can get a much more cool and unique look for a whole lot cheaper if you play with the dyes a bit.

This is absolutely true too; black is good as an accent color at best. The only character I actually have close to all black is my thief. I'm using the CM armor skins which have some metallic bits and a sort of 'wing' design on the coat that's naturally lighter. So even though I'm using Midnight Ice, there's still a lot of shapes and textures going on just with reflections. Where things sort of looked like big black blobs, I used red to punch it up. I still need to run CM for the boots, since they're thigh-high they'd make her legs stand out much more than they do with the armor she has (which is a pretty common skin). I figure as a thief being in dark colors is appropriate, but all black? No thanks.

Edit: Screenshot!
celeneujs1s.jpg

Alrighty, been lazy this weekend and now I gotta make 15-20 gold from the invasions today to get to my goal ... gonna take a shower and run the gauntlet.

As for dyes ... The dye pricing is sooo strange. Basically if you want any dye that's not black or white you can get it for a decent price. Hate seeing full black gear though ... looks terrible most of the time.

Retro

Oh yeah, took this screenshot last night and meant to post it, but completely forgot.

I'm going to miss seeing these balloons and aetherblade airships all over the horizon. I guess I'll just have to take SAB as a consolation prize.
JUWnj.gif

Ashodin

Oh yeah, took this screenshot last night and meant to post it, but completely forgot.

I'm going to miss seeing these balloons and aetherblade airships all over the horizon. I guess I'll just have to take SAB as a consolation prize.
JUWnj.gif

Still be able to see the ships in invasion zones bro

Retro

Still be able to see the ships in invasion zones bro

Yeah, but it won't be as widespread as it was during the Jubilee / Clockwork Chaos phases. Don't get me wrong, I want the Living Story to keep moving, I just like that the landscape was dominated by these highly visible elements. That kind of stuff is fantastic and I'd love to see more stuff like that in the future.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

"Pitch" is the ultimate poor man's black imo.

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I'll look into the midnight dyes and that pitch dye. Also that thief looks awesome, I can't wait until I get the cooler looking armor later on.

Lunar15

Midnight blue has worked well for me, and is sometimes even darker than Abyss on certain materials.

It's weird, there's not one dye that's "black" on all materials. Like, I can't make black fur on the Braham's armor set, even with every dark dye imaginable.

Jira

New Karka Queen rewards on the 17th and update to her mechanics to reflect the new rewards.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Why-80-players/page/2#post2755264[1]

I&#8217;m willing to bet someday when people get really good at him, less than 80 people will be able to pull it off, that tends to be how anything works in an MMO. It&#8217;s balanced for 80 average players though though and scales up into the hundreds because we want to make epic, large scale encounters available to players out in the open world. We&#8217;ll have a mix of a lot of different types of encounters as we continue to update our boss and world encounters, but Tequatl specifically is intended to go for the epic scale.

The idea is we&#8217;re going to make him hard, and require a lot of players, he needs to have rewards that make that time worthwhile. In the next update the same philosophy will apply to the karka queen, who will get a bump to her rewards as well given her difficulty; her base line player number is much lower than 80.

Extra bonus info: The highest chance of having a rare chance ascended weapon for you is on Tequatl&#8217;s daily bonus chest if you defeat him: game on.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Why-80-players/page/2#post2755425[2]

We&#8217;re looking into this functionality yes! If we end up messaging multiple bosses long term we&#8217;ll likely make this an option you can turn on/off in the options panel so people not interested can ignore the spamalot.

During the release Tequatl will work this way yes, all overflows created within 10 mintues or so of Tequatl arriving will also inherent the event. We&#8217;re doing this manually right now while our engineering team works on the ability to have this handled automagically by the system, once that is completed we&#8217;d roll that concept out to other major encounters as the default behavior&#8230;forever. No ETA on this, but we&#8217;re working on it right now.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Why-80-players/page/2#post2755442[3]

It is yes, Taco will have normal every time rewards (rewards for each 25% health interval you&#8217;re able to take him down) as well as a bonus daily reward roll you can also get for defeating him.

Arcteryx

"Pitch" is the ultimate poor man's black imo.

Was just going to say this. Pitch or Graphite both look very dark on metallic pieces; Charcoal is also a good choice for non-metallic pieces, as are some of the "Midnight" series of dyes (Green/Yew look almost as dark as Abyss on some pieces).

Lunar15

New Karka Queen rewards on the 17th and update to her mechanics to reflect the new rewards.

Well, if anything, it seems they've learned a lot about mass scale, single map events through Clockwork Chaos. Would have been nuts to have all three dragons upgraded at once, for variety's sake. One disadvantage of a faster release cycle is that we're all shuffled to basically one event for two weeks, rather than having a wealth of new content everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom