• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

Yeah, you did. The Queen really needs something. All of Southsun does to get a few people to go back there every now and then.

Was going through my old screenshots (5k and counting!), when I came across this shot from earlier this year, when my guild finally finished CoE for the first time. I clean forgot about it, and it was a nice memory to stumble upon.

iF7sX6ZNAAOxo.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man you guys were decked out. The first time I ever beat COE I think I was still rocking an all-blue Pirate set :p

jersoc

ok, lots of greens saved and a shit ton of bags. i am ready.

the month of farming was great for the bank, but i'm ready for a break from it now. time to spend time in sab trying to unlock those hard mode skins i guess.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy shit fail rewards too? fuck awesome!
Threshold completion rewards like the Scarlet invasions. Keeps the time investment from feeling worthless while not undoing the threatening shame of failure for those players who happen to care about such things (me)

Wall of Text crit first thing in the AM. Ouch. I'll edit in any thoughts I have on this once I have my coffee.

Edit: Ok.. so turns out there isn't much to say. Most of the post was just Chap getting stuff off his chest and trying to get through to the forum trolls/cut through the hyperbolic bs. Cool post but there's just nothing to really say since every even tempered person should already know everything he wrote out there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dunno when exactly this section was added to the update page but for anyone who didn't see the new gem shop items available:
Permanent Super Explosive Finisher
You’ve already come to know and love the Super Explosive Finisher – now you can use it forever! The Permanent Super Explosive Finisher will allow you to finish off your foes with an 16-bit blast of epic proportions.

Miniature Super Trio—World 2
The Super Adventure Box’s World 2 is bringing in all-new monsters for brave adventurers to fight! Celebrate your adventures within the Box with the new Mini Super Banana, Raccoon, and Yeti!

Infinite Continue Coin
The Infinite Continue Coin is your get out of jail free card within the Super Adventure Box! Use when Moto’s educational monsters have gotten the best of you to get back in the game with ten lives.

Transmutation Splitter
This handy device will allow you to recover the two items used to create a transmuted item. You’ll receive soulbound versions of the original stat and appearance items used in transmutation.
I'm guessing that infinite continue coin will be the companion of tribulation mode masochists like myself.

markot

Banned
I got my thief to max...

I want to be condition based so I got rabid gear from wvw. But not sure what else.

Currently dagger dagger and short bow. Dd mainly for blossom and stealth.

I'm going for a self Healy condition stealth solo build for roaming.

Wallach

Dunno when exactly this section was added to the update page but for anyone who didn't see the new gem shop items available:

I'm guessing that infinite continue coin will be the companion of tribulation mode masochists like myself.

How much is the coin?

Lunar15

he rises!

Good. Good. Excellent.

I wonder how they will tie it in, storywise. Either way, I'm glad that they're going to do something. As always, expectations in check, but I'm insanely curious to see how they deal with dragon content when a lot of people have already beaten Zhaitan. I'm expecting them to treat it as if we have not, which I'm fine with, but who knows what kind of twist they could throw out there.

EDIT: It could be Returns or Revenge, but Rises sounds like the safest bet.

Wall of Text crit first thing in the AM. Ouch. I'll edit in any thoughts I have on this once I have my coffee.

Edit: Ok.. so turns out there isn't much to say. Most of the post was just Chap getting stuff off his chest and trying to get through to the forum trolls/cut through the hyperbolic bs. Cool post but there's just nothing to really say since every even tempered person should already know everything he wrote out there.

I think there's some back story to this where one of the "Big name" players in their eSports thing very publicly quit (leaving post and all) on the forums, ANet deleted his post, the repost, and then a discussion about why they had deleted the post. Then drama, hence the venting on the SPvP forum.

Edit - More here: http://www.reddit.com/r/gw2esports/comments/1lih2t/xeph_leaves_gw2_for_good/

My issues with the coming updates are entirely unrelated, and more to do with the approx 42 weeks taken to gear my alts with ascended weapons if I work flat out at it (which let's be honest is not going to happen, that's not fun and I'm not going to do it).

I think there's some back story to this where one of the "Big name" players in their eSports thing very publicly quit (leaving post and all) on the forums, ANet deleted his post, the repost, and then a discussion about why they had deleted the post. Then drama, hence the venting on the SPvP forum.

Edit - More here: http://www.reddit.com/r/gw2esports/comments/1lih2t/xeph_leaves_gw2_for_good/

Without getting too meta in terms of sniping at other forums, it seems like the 'I quit' post was seen as a catalyst for negative types, which is unfortunate. I don't know Xeph personally. He's probably a great guy. But I can't really take his leaving (or any other "big" name leaving for that matter) as any kind of sign. He was a great player and apart of (as far as I can tell) two great teams. From the outside looking in though, a lot of the high end players made really odd moves over the past few months in team switching and the like in an attempt to set themselves up better for money making or something? I'm not really sure. Maybe internal politics played a part too. But for a game whose balance and meta are still in the infant stages.. there was just no real stability. I would guess that has more to do with a player like Xeph leaving than balance decisions.

My issues with the coming updates are entirely unrelated, and more to do with the approx 42 weeks taken to gear my alts with ascended weapons if I work flat out at it (which let's be honest is not going to happen, that's not fun and I'm not going to do it).

Understandable. I've already posted my concerns about the way Ascended is being implemented though, so I won't jump on my soap box about that again. ;p

Retro

From Kill Ten Rats:
Tribulation Mode is a game of feedback loops, which Foreman talks about on the official forum. Run along an open path, and FLOWERS EXPLODE NOW FOR INSTA-DEATH. Ok, lesson learned: don’t go near flowers. Now, I think I am clever and avoid the main path by jumping on to a big rock. THE ROCK JUMPS UP AND FLATTENS ME DEAD. Don’t go near rocks. And so it goes.
This is gonna hurt so good....

What's that supposed to be Tequatl Rising update?

Probably. They post a teaser image on their Releases page when the next update becomes current. We'll get more details on the 10th, but given what we saw at PAX, "Tequatl Rising" is a safe bet.

Ceres

Banned
Does anyone know a thread or site with all the info on the WvW leagues? Setup/rewards/anything. From both PAX and whats been stated on the official forums since? Want to read everything involved since currently I think its the worst idea ever but want to see all the details.

Lunar15

Trahearne's Revenge.

"Scarlet as most hated Sylvari? This cannot stand."

What's that, Trahearne's connection to Orr after cleansing it caused him to get infected by the spirit of Zhaitan? You're saying we now have to kill an evil Trahearne who has taken control of Orr? Well, if I have to...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How much is the coin?
No price on the page, might be up on the gem shop already? Post if you spot any of them.
When Hawkian is in a group I get really confused when he skips mobs. Such a wildcard.
Gotta keep you on your toes. :D

Basically, I don't like to skip anything unless it is an inordinate waste of time or could actually harm the run. For example, those mobs in SE1 will respawn in waves forever and the duration of the run will be infinity if you try to kill them all.

I hate skipping stuff with legit rewards (like a champ box) even if it's out of the way. Even stuff everybody skips by default like Kholer in path 3 of AC. I don't like being the only one to want to do something time-consuming though so I will defer to the rest of the group or whoever is leading in those scenarios.
raaaaaaaar

Jira

Does anyone know a thread or site with all the info on the WvW leagues? Setup/rewards/anything. From both PAX and whats been stated on the official forums since? Want to read everything involved since currently I think its the worst idea ever but want to see all the details.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2743478

Your reward will be based on the server you log into the first time once the season starts. You can transfer as much as you like, but you will still get the reward from that first server.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2746708

I’ve consistently said we are doing 2 leagues in NA and 3 in EU. The leagues will be broken up strictly by world rating at the conclusion of the matchup prior to the league start.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2746732

The season long reward will require you to complete the WvW season meta achievement. Which behaves much like the Living World achievements. The server for which you receive rewards will be the 1st server you log in on once the season starts. Any transfers after that will not change your rewards.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2746742

There will be considerably more rewards than that. But good sarcasm!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2746809

I didn’t say PvE components, I said that they will function like the Living World achievements. They will be WvW specific and much like the achievements you see already, except actually reachable in 7 weeks. As to the total number of points, it will be hundreds, nothing like the achievements currently in place.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2746873

The achievements and achievement points will be exactly the same across the leagues and there will be few, if any, rewards that are different across the leagues. The dolyak stomp is the clearest example. The winners of each league will get a finisher specific to that league. From Gold to Bronze. The rest of the rewards will be more about how you performed in your league, than which league you were in.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2746930

I can’t comment at this time as we haven’t finalized anything. In addition, you should look at it this way, if people flee lower league servers to get into the top leagues, it opens the opportunity for people to move to those lower leagues and finish 1st or 2nd, rather than being in the top league and finishing 6th or 7th. The rewards for finishing 2nd in the Bronze League will be markedly better than the rewards for finishing 6th in the Gold league.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2746934

We literally can’t do three equal leagues in NA as there are 24 servers. That would leave us with 2 servers per league with no match up every single week.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2747282

At no point did I, or would I have, said “Fair competition” WvW is not intended to be “fair”. There are servers with more people, there are servers with better organizations and that will always be the case. This competition will be about showing how your world can do over a defined period of time, against a variety of opponents. SPvP is the part of our game that aims for a completely level playing field. WvW would never be able to match that goal.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2747304

I never said they did. However, I’d argue that they do in fact stand a chance against the 6th ranked server and the 5th ranked server. We are not trying to only ever match you up against your closest comparable server. That was what was happening with the system before and it was bad. If you are saying you don’t ever even want the chance to try and show your skill against a higher ranked server, then I don’t know what to say. We will continue to look into ways to change scoring to try and even out some of the population based imbalances, but that is not an easy task and it won’t happen during the season.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2747322

I’ll scoop the blog post. World Ability Points will be refunded to everyone at the start of the season.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2747387

So, as I’ve said before, we are still looking into ways to try and alleviate those problems, but that is also what WvW is like right now, so while this season will create new rewards and new incentives to play, it isn’t as though this is a brand new problem. We want to make it so that skill is more important than sheer numbers and we have some ideas. None of them are so easy/safe to implement that they are going to happen in the near-term.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2747410

You mention in this post why nothing is changing here. We can’t merge servers based on what percentage of players on a server play WvW. We make determinations about servers based on their overall population. Your best bet is to use the influx of rewards from the season to convince people on your server to start paying attention to WvW. Or convince people to transfer to your server to boost your WvW ranks.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2747630

Winners will have access to the finisher until there are new winners. At that point those people will gain access and the winners from the previous season will no longer have access to the stomp. Think of it like this, the finisher is intended to show off who won the last season. If you don’t continue to win each and every season, you will not retain the bragging rights.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2747836

Good suggestion, I will see what I can do.

nataku

I'm assuming the Transmutation Splitter is single use?

Good. Good. Excellent.

I wonder how they will tie it in, storywise. Either way, I'm glad that they're going to do something. As always, expectations in check, but I'm insanely curious to see how they deal with dragon content when a lot of people have already beaten Zhaitan. I'm expecting them to treat it as if we have not, which I'm fine with, but who knows what kind of twist they could throw out there.

Obviously, Scarlet took control of the remaining forces of Zhaitan.

Looks like the patch is on its way - according to the Reddits there has been a server notice.

Hopefully it'll be up before I get home from work!

THEN IT WILL BE CHAMP BAG OPENING PARTY.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lots of information is now readily available about SAB's stuff in this patch (which should hit within the next hour), some of which is sure to be upsetting for some, but also some good surprises. I'll spoiler tag stuff (no actual content described really, just rewards and organizational stuff, but juuust in case):

New non-instanced hubworld inside the box
New World 1 achievements and Meta event for a King Toad backpack
New secrets throughout World 1
Original SAB weapon skins (blue Super skins) will not be returning to Moto's inventory for Bauble Bubbles (they remain on the TP for not-outrageous prices, so consider scoping out and buying the ones you want if any)
New skins complete the set: Mace, Axe, Warhorn, Focus, Torch, Pistol, Rifle, Dagger, Hammer. No word on Super Backpacks yet.
Chest rewards and bauble dig locations are now account based, restricting bauble farming
New title, and second meta/backpack for World 2
Much like World 2 in the last SAB release before it, beating World 2 unlocks a preview of World 3
In tribulation mode, everything kills you in one hit

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I knew they would ruin my technique from the first SAB release. :'''''''''(
Hehe, it wasn't just you!

Do bear in mind that the number of daily rewards you can obtain has doubled due to the new world, and that everything besides chests and dig sites are neither character- nor daily-gated (Bee Dogs on notice).

Hehe, it wasn't just you!

Do bear in mind that the number of daily rewards you can obtain has doubled due to the new world, and that everything besides chests and dig sites are neither character- nor daily-gated (Bee Dogs on notice).

Well
my technique was speed running 1-3 with all of my characters specifically for the chests. I was drop farming rather than bauble farming. It really only paid off in that it was something I could do rather quickly, 5 times over for 15 chances at a drop per day. Even though they've added 3 more zones, if the W2-1 preview was any indication, they're going to get increasingly time consuming AND with chests account bound, that still cuts my drop rate chance in half.

:(

I'm pretty broke at the moment and the first SAB was the only dependable way for me to make decent amounts of gold and the drop rate was one that it wasn't a steady amount and wildly varied. Over the entire first month of SAB I made maybe 250-ish gold due to the nature of RNG. Unless I get some really lucky and valuable drops more often than last time.. I'm going to come in significantly lower this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom