• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is well known but he is in a guild with tons of commanders and usually let's them command. I think he mostly covers for the regulars.

You heard about WvW season (leagues) starting in October?

yea I did hear. What guild is he in? SBI? I thought he made that dgaf guild with nacho

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SE1 tonight?

ಠ_ಠ
Quick easy and certainly fits with my quest for science so I'm there!

I'm kinda worried we won't have enough people organized for Karka queen. :( If you're willing and able, please be in guild chat at 8:45PMish, or roughly 4 hours from now.
Right in the middle of the screen, akin to new build notifications.
That's kinda what I was hoping for personally, but people are hella going to want to be able to turn that off (if it's not able to be currently).

Ceres

Banned
I'll do Karka if I can stay awake long enough tonight. Having a hard time at work right now.

I'm more interested in one of the poster's argument for convincing PvE players to even consider stepping foot in WvW when the leagues happen. There really is little incentive for people happy with their PvE content to go in there barring systems unable to handle the load.

Based on the comments from Devon, awards for the league tournament will be based on achievements only obtainable through playing WvW during it. So if a server wins their league, only the population that contributed to the win get the awards, not everyone on the server. And I'm guessing there will be some achievement related awards as well since a there will be servers facing gigantic looses every week.

The tag is TE not sure what it stands for but te commander Kevyn mentioned (star) is the leader of that guild.

Twisted Effect

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awards for the league tournament will be based on achievements only obtainable through playing WvW during it. So if a server wins their league, only the population that contributed to the win get the awards, not everyone on the server. And I'm guessing there will be some achievement related awards as well since a there will be servers facing gigantic loses every week.
So far as I understand it there will be a meta achievement (similar to a Living Story release) that you can obtain, win or lose.

jersoc

just want to say this patch is great so far. after a year this game is vastly different.'

also now im tempted to get the unlimited salvage kit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, personally tempted to buy both the Salva-tron and the Infinite coin when I get home tonight...

Also, this will probably be relevant to some of you: the new Transmutation Splitters, in combination with white items and transmutation crystals, can be used to effectively transfer any soulbound item to another character (read: Legendaries)

The tag is TE not sure what it stands for but te commander Kevyn mentioned (star) is the leader of that guild.

Get a job closer so you can play sometimes.

lol I only work twice a week now since school started. Once I get my schedule worked out, I may be able to get on at some point lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
You have my sword for the Karka battle.

How many hours from now?

The Box stuff is awesome. Just exploring World 1 by myself for the first time.

markot

Banned
The weapon damage difference seems pretty big...

Pretty awful for wvwvw, its almost like shifting everyone on exotics down a tier damage wise

i'll be there for karka queen, grabbing a quick bit.

Some of us just spent 3+ hours in SAB world 2 regular mode, and we only finished the first two zones. Those who have the patience to Tribulation Mode it will truly distinguish themselves. I just want my blue dagger.

Edit: also, to reiterate what xeris (think it was xeris) said during the run, huge shoutout to Jira for raging on Mumble on all of our behalf. Even though I died a few dozen rage-inducing deaths, I was too busy laughing at Jira's rage, as well as Ash laughing at Jira.

Lulubop

Some of us just spent 3+ hours in SAB world 2 regular mode, and we only finished the first two zones. Those who have the patience to Tribulation Mode it will truly distinguish themselves. I just want my blue dagger.

Edit: also, to reiterate what xeris (think it was xeris) said during the run, huge shoutout to Jira for raging on Mumble on all of our behalf. Even though I died a few dozen rage-inducing deaths, I was too busy laughing at Jira's rage, as well as Ash laughing at Jira.

Sorry I bailed(varix?), but I was getting frustrated... and sleepy. Had to leave soon anyway. Not really feeling the new SAB. Stages are just to long.

Edit: seems I won't be around for the Queen too bad.

Overall I really like the changes.

xeris

Sorry I bailed(varix?), but I was getting frustrated... and sleepy. Had to leave soon anyway. Not really feeling the new SAB. Stages are just to long.

Edit: seems I won't be around for the Queen too bad.

Overall I really like the changes.

I know I said something like that about Jira. And sorry I had to bail as well but family called. At any rate, my short review is that SAB Stage 2 can die in a car fire. An 8-bit car fire. Perhaps involving a clown car.

Jira

:D

Giard

What's the point of making Bloodstone Dust account bound? I can't even send it to my friends who can craft weapons for me. I'm a chef/tailor, so I can't do anything with my five stacks.

Complistic

What's the point of making Bloodstone Dust account bound? I can't even send it to my friends who can craft weapons for me. I'm a chef/tailor, so I can't do anything with my five stacks.

You sorta answered your own question. its so you need to craft your own weapons.

Ashodin

you can change your crafting skills without losing progress. Swap tailor for weaponsmith and get goin'.

Giard

You sorta answered your own question. its so you need to craft your own weapons.

Then why not make every single crafting class available for everyone at the same time? That's why there's a limit of two crafting skills at once, it should be to encourage trade.

you can change your crafting skills without losing progress. Swap tailor for weaponsmith and get goin'.

Yeah, but it's annoying to have to go from 0 to 500 instead of just sending the mats to a friend who can craft them. I'm not even sure I have the mats or the money to get the 400.

Levyne

Banned
Got all my Craftings to 450+. I had pretty much all the mats (had to buy some wood) to refine and discover to get there. Refined the shit ton of bloodstone dust to get to 460/470 on two of them but it really slows down. Wonder if there's any other way to get experience faster.

Also just decided to get fine infusions for all my slots on a whim.

^ I don't know how you do it. Crafting is so boring to me :(

Good times killing karka queen tonight everyone. I'm really looking forward to sinking my teeth into SAB tomorrow. I barely touched it the first time around, now that I have a much better feel for the game and the LS updates, I think I can get into it more. A quick question, I've made it through 2 or 3 levels in world one solo. How far can I go solo? Does it require a party of five eventually? I assume it does with the gates.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
tried rolling a new toon. empty starting zones kinda bums ya out :(
What uh, region race and server?

Good times killing karka queen tonight everyone. I'm really looking forward to sinking my teeth into SAB tomorrow. I bare6ly touched it the first time around, now that I have a much better feel for the game and the LS updates, I think I can get into it more. A quick question, I've made it through 2 or 3 levels in world one solo. How far can I go solo? Does it require a party of five eventually? I assume it does with the gates.
Solo.

Solo.

xeris

Good times killing karka queen tonight everyone. I'm really looking forward to sinking my teeth into SAB tomorrow. I barely touched it the first time around, now that I have a much better feel for the game and the LS updates, I think I can get into it more. A quick question, I've made it through 2 or 3 levels in world one solo. How far can I go solo? Does it require a party of five eventually? I assume it does with the gates.

You can solo, but world 2 will make you hate life.

Levyne

Banned
Gonna ignore sab for the time being. Maybe this weekend. Wish I didn't get home so late, had fun today though.

I like the gentle adjustment of Kudzu's flight arrow. It has a string of flowers/petals.

Hyunashi

Personally thought todays patch was pretty sucky, especially as we still dont have any answers to what secret announcement jennah wishes to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom