• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You can do SE1 in 3.3 minutes reliably? Yes you get dust but just do an invasion for that.
I can't do COF1 in 3 minutes and 20 seconds, sorry :(. I'm not sure what you mean about dust but SE1 makes me more substantially more money in roughly the same amount of time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry for being unclear, I meant for the purpose of rapidly running a dungeon repeatedly. Taking all benefits into account I think SE1 beats COF1 handily since the changes. Can't even kill Blaclan Firetooth for a box anymore. :(

Levyne

Banned
Yeah. I agree with you that SE1 is a good compromise for boxes (thus dust and silver) and speed (fragments and gold).

Edit: Also It seems like no recipes open up between 450-500?

All refining up to 500 and after 470ish the exp seems largely diminished. I split my large bloodstone dust collection refining between Weaponsmith and Huntsman (to cover the ranger weapons) and now I wish I just dumped them all into one. Gonna be a slow burn of stockpiling a decent amount of dust / fragments / dragonite and popping a booster and refining every once in awhile. Plus whatever you can do on the daily basis.

Unless there's a trick I am missing.

So how long before I can buy an ascended weapon off the TP? Because that's all I really care about.

I will not be crafting and messing around with materials if at all possible. Aint nobody got time for that.

/fistbump

I'll get it like I get almost everything, via gold.

I took a crafting booster with the idea of doing some crafting leveling and realized that I can't do anything with armor yet and if I can I have no idea what I'm doing. I am level 400 and stocked with everything I need to make exotics but, couldn't find a damn thing to do that would get me XP. The booster ran out while I messed around in SAB.

Levyne

Banned
Hmm. I just assumed that since they are at 400 that the exp at 470 would be small, but I guess it is a discovery.

Cool. At least I was able to refine half way to save some money.

Edit: Woah, I guess it's 8 weapon discoveries at each benchmark so the amount of exp much be unchanged? I still recommend refining what you can..and at 450 too since the refining exp does diminish.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm. I just assumed that since they are at 400 that the exp at 470 would be small, but I guess it is a discovery.

Cool. At least I was able to refine half way to save some money.

Edit: Woah, I guess it's 8 weapon discoveries at each benchmark so the amount of exp much be unchanged? I still recommend refining what you can..and at 450 too since the refining exp does diminish.
Yeah you definitely want to refine as you go, right? I mean, you either make stuff that you can sell to get back much bigger chunks of your investment, or actually put the stuff together for a weapon. I don't know why their guide doesn't stipulate that at all? I guess because the idea behind all those guides is you walk into a city, plunk down the requisite gold and craft all the way to max, whereas you can't buy any of the special account bound mats. But their method is cray cray in terms of gold demands.

Levyne

Banned
Well, the only thing you can readily refine large volumes of (to my knowledge) is the dust, dragonite, and fragments (the "Obsidian" refinement, since the "Ectoplasm Refinement" is gated and the regular "Refinement" draws from that)

and I guess it's outside of the scope of the guide to say "Kill x champs for y dust and refine y/100 bricks."

But yes, the less wood and ori you have to buy (or use and not sell), the better. So refine what you can and save some money! Since I'm so close on those two professions, I'll probably just spend some gold and top them off.

Arcteryx

Anyone else thinking MF has been changed for the better? I swear I'm getting WAY more rare drops than I ever did with even those outrageous MF boosts during events(250-300% with banners or whatever). I'm sitting at 124% right now and I keep getting rares out of JP (I did 11 today and each time there was a rare in the box).

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Happy 5774!

PS.
Wasn't sure what you meant so I googled that number and it said something about Year 5774 on a Jewish site. Hope I'm right.

v3QWNlJ.jpg

If Sarlett ends up being behind Te shadowy figure that Moto saw at the end of the recent short story, it will not be funny or interesting.

Corsick

Prospective buyer here with some quick questions. Is there any reason why the regular edition has no digital download on Amazon? I have a gift card I wanted to spend on this but it isn't there as an option. Is it possible to use amazon to buy on green man gaming?

Retro

Prospective buyer here with some quick questions. Is there any reason why the regular edition has no digital download on Amazon? I have a gift card I wanted to spend on this but it isn't there as an option. Is it possible to use amazon to buy on green man gaming?

Definitely can't use Amazon credit to buy via GMG, but here's the link to the digital purchase on amazon; http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TOQ8X4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The "Heroic Edition" is basically the standard Online version. It's not on sale like the boxed Standard edition, but you don't have to wait or pay for shipping either. It comes with a Suit of Legacy Armor, a Mithril Box (basically a large bag) and 10 Experience Boosters. So you'll want to get that, if you're stuck going only through amazon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sad that amazon has the boxed version discounted over the digital :-/ But yeah, "Heroic Edition" is the new standard digital and you get some actually decent goodies (as opposed to what comes with the digital deluxe edition).

hythloday

If Sarlett ends up being behind Te shadowy figure that Moto saw at the end of the recent short story, it will not be funny or interesting.

I was thinking about this issue today at work and here's why I don't like Scarlet:

Villains who want to fuck shit up "just because" are boring. I want to understand why they are doing what they do. At least with some villains you have the desire for revenge or to overthrow their brother and become the new king or whatever. Give them a reason (even if it's a bad one). Make me feel a little bit sorry for them, maybe, to make things really interesting. The dragons have no motive but I can understand that because they're basically a force of nature.

With Scarlet it just seems like she was a little weird to begin with, but then that experiment turned her completely insane and now she wants to destroy shit. Just because she can. What is Scarlet going to do when she succeeds? Sit on the rubble of Divinity's Reach and play a Marriner's Horn?

Bleh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Almost done with Trib Mode W1Z1. So much fun dying hahaha
Lump and I got so close last night but we handicapped the fuck out of ourselves not knowing about the happy clouds. :'( Like Tribulation Tribulation Mode.

I liked the story mostly because of this:
“You travel through distant lands, fight monsters, and rescue the princess from the evil lord.”

“Selling human fairy tales to the bookahs? Clever. What about the norn and charr?”

“I’ll just say it’s too difficult for them. They’ll see it as an insult; then, of course, they’ll want to play.”

It shouldn't be. THIS time would be the appropriate time to guess that it's a being from the Infinity Ball dimension, since it's his own shadow and all that.

Either that or the Box somehow had all his malice, anger, pride, etc.. imprinted on it during the build and it manifested in the code as the shadow.

and became lord vanquish

I considered this but if that's the case.. then what happened to the monster that was supposed to Kidnap the Princess? I think Vanquish is the monster and this story hints at the existence of either a Boss further than Vanquish OR... even BETTER.. a HIDDEN boss. Booyah!

nataku

How would vanquishing work outside of instancing though?

Kill X of each mob type in the zone, I guess. You can't kill everything, obviously, so that's just about the only way to do it without instancing zones.

Maybe even make a new type of guild mission out of it that spans a couple zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom