• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This update is the worst update ever,they didn't add brains to the game just brawn, the boss update is just switching from medium to hard with a time limit...aaaarrrrrrggggggg
Gonna have to call deep, extreme shenanigans on this one.

NONE of the World Bosses were anything other than "easy" before with the exceptions of: the Orr Temples, Karka Queen, Fire Shaman, and the Claw of Jormag... all of which were either completely unchanged or made slightly easier in the case of Claw (not that I'm really complaining about that).

Maw and Wurm went from "so mindnumblingly easy it's tough to actually make it to the event before the kill" to "merely easy." Fire Elemental went from "easy enough that you might as well get a snack" to "if you get a snack you might be dead when you come back though if you found the right spot you're probably stlil ok." Shadow Behemoth was barely affected. If anything, Golem went from "AFK-easy" to "medium."

Tequatl is balls-out hard, and is one of only a few things ever present in the game that could be considered legitimately hard. There are a handful of things on that list, but it's not a long one.
Lunar15 said:
Not sure how to feel about this, but I don't want to jump to conclusions either.
Hah, what is there to feel anything about yet?

edit: Yep, Desolation got it. Grats to them as the second overall and first EU server to slay the beast :)

Levyne

Banned
And even then, reminder that now 2 servers have killed Teq within a day of the patch. And at least one had 2 minutes remaining. Who knows what the rate will be in a week, month. Who knows how fast he will go down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha, yep, who knows. I saw some small improvement just from attempt 1 to 2 that I tried last night!

All in all I'm very pleased with his difficulty, and really impressed with Blackgate and Deso for beating it before the 24 hour mark... but there's a funny part of me that's just a little disappointed. Not that he's secretly an easy fight or anything. But It think it would have been a little amazing if we were heading into the weekend with the best servers only having him down to 10%; really sure they could do it but still struggling to pull it off and make slight changes to strategy.

edit:
Elona Reach had Tequatl on 1% AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH
I look forward to being able to relate to this frustration.

Levyne

Banned
I need to watch a video when I get a chance so that I know the mechanics for the 2nd half of the fight, right now I am blind.

Jira

I guess I'll hop on and check in on TS when he's about to spawn. I don't know of any scheduled attempt for the SBI commanders tonight or anything though.

Mysterious shots of next patch content (13 days o_O)

WTF ARE THOSE?!? New Ele skill and some on land breather wat?

Hmm people on reddit pointed out that's an already existing Ele skill on the staff but this is a telegraph like a signet to let you know it's being casted.

Levyne

Banned
I don't feel we can really do a "GAF" event for teq. The numbers needed seem to be too high and we maximize numbers in NA primetime anyway, when everyone else will also be doing teq. What we can do, however, is ensure that the members we do bring to the event are doing what they need to, staying on whichever commander, communicating with the server, defending or dpsing or firing the cannons properly. Ensuring we bring some defensive/support builds to aid those who spec for damage and need to be behind blocks or reflects or be ressed. Etc.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sunday is gaf dragon raid rite?

Rite?

RITE?

i mean

RITE!?
I'm thinking scheduling something for Teq on Sunday would be good. Give me tonight to think about it a little more.
I don't feel we can really do a "GAF" event for teq. The numbers needed seem to be too high and we maximize numbers in NA primetime anyway, when everyone else will also be doing teq. What we can do, however, is ensure that the members we do bring to the event are doing what they need to, staying on whichever commander, communicating with the server, defending or dpsing or firing the cannons properly. Ensuring we bring some defensive/support builds to aid those who spec for damage and need to be behind blocks or reflects or be ressed. Etc.
Well, there are two things we could do in this vein. One is what you just suggested. Basically, we'd schedule a time and hop in our own Mumble with a couple of us also listening on TS. We'd assign jobs to all our groups and make sure we do have the support and distribution we need. We could basically maximize our own effectiveness as a component of the event in support of SBI as a whole.

The other thing we could do is schedule something and then, as the EU kill squad is doing, pick a particularly low population server to all guest to and actually do the event. This would make us more likely to be the bulk of participants present and make the most impact ourselves, but it also means that we'd, you know, need to be good enough to do it.

I think shorter term, I'd like to help SBI. I really think we can do it. Longer term though I am definitely intrigued by securing our own GAF-hijacked version to try our hands at.

Can anyone that understands his timer explain it to me? I still don't think I understand.

Can anyone that understands his timer explain it to me? I still don't think I understand.

We were told by Kristen that it is on a 1h30m timer. Only for the first 2 weeks. Timer probably will be longer after the two weeks.

What is happening on the GW2Stuff.com is that every time the event fails the timer resests to 2h30m and it counts down to 1h00m and then he pops. He does not have a spawn window like he used to. I think he just spawn as soon as that time passes. This is my understanding but please let me know if I am wrong, because I usually am.

Lunar15

Hah, what is there to feel anything about yet?

I dunno, gas-masks and pollution robots? Sounds like some kind of post-apocalyptica science fiction nonsense. I'm not a huge fan of that stuff, so I'm conflicted.

Like I said, however, that's all just jumping to conclusions.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We were told by Kristen that it is on a 1h30m timer. Only for the first 2 weeks. Timer probably will be longer after the two weeks.

What is happening on the GW2Stuff.com is that every time the event fails the timer resests to 2h30m and it counts down to 1h00m and then he pops. He does not have a spawn window like he used to. I think he just spawn as soon as that time passes. This is my understanding but please let me know if I am wrong, because I usually am.
Thanks for that info. Makes more sense than the impression I had anyway.

Off topic, but holy crap Diablo III is completely removing its Auction House altogether. This is remarkable to me in many ways, but perhaps the most of all because their devs seem to acknowledge what I realized while playing it myself, rather than sugarcoating things...
...it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot.
Somewhat mindboggling to me that this was never considered a significant concern during the decade of top-tier development cycles poured into this thing.

It's not happening til March 2014... but I'm really surprised. I thought they were totally committed to it.

Ashodin

Thanks for that info. Makes more sense than the impression I had anyway.

Off topic, but holy crap Diablo III is completely removing its Auction House altogether. This is remarkable to me in many ways, but perhaps the most of all because their devs seem to acknowledge what I realized while playing it myself, rather than sugarcoating things...

Somewhat mindboggling to me that this was never considered a significant concern during the decade of top-tier development cycles poured into this thing.

It's not happening til March 2014... but I'm really surprised. I thought they were totally committed to it.

It's the new producer of the game man. He worked on the console version, then they gave him the big chair job after that, and he has been reworking the entire game for the expansion. I think the game is going to kick ass when it releases.

Atrophis

It's the new producer of the game man. He worked on the console version, then they gave him the big chair job after that, and he has been reworking the entire game for the expansion. I think the game is going to kick ass when it releases.

Because they are turning it into D2. You gotta hand it to Blizzard, they figured it out eventually.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm certainly more intrigued by the possibility of playing it than I have been since before it launched. Prolly not til March 2014 tho. :p

Back on topic:

Hmm.. here's a list of daily world bosses that get you more than just the guaranteed rare + dragonite (let me know if I missed anything):

Fire Elemental
Golem Mk. II
Claw of Jormag
Karka Queen
Tequatl

And then you've got the Orr temples which still only guarantee the rare but also have a guaranteed 30 dragonite, plus a chance for cores.

Finally a list of all of the daily world bosses that get you less than one rare + dragonite:
Megadestroyer

:(

Luigi87

Oh... So TC beat Taco.

...how nice...

*twitch and stares at Overflow on map*

And now, to quell my madness
"Theorizing that one could defeat Tequatl on an another server, Lekalt stepped into the world server list and guested. He awoke to find himself trapped in an overflow, facing guilds that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change the meta for the better. His only guide on this journey is GAF, a guild from his own region, who appears in the form of a chat box that only Lekalt can see and read. And so, Lekalt finds himself leaping from overflow to overflow, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home."

Lunar15

"Theorizing that one could defeat Tequatl on an another server, Lekalt stepped into the world server list and guested. He awoke to find himself trapped in an overflow, facing guilds that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change the meta for the better. His only guide on this journey is GAF, a guild from his own region, who appears in the form of a chat box that only Lekalt can see and read. And so, Lekalt finds himself leaping from overflow to overflow, striving to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home."

I'd watch it.

Lunar15

If TC, an RP server, can beat Taco... well, the bar isn't very high anymore.

I dunno, I'd assume you'd have to be pretty coordinated and open minded to RP, which is fairly essential for success.

Also, if SBI is last to figure it out, I'm transferring servers. C'MON SBI.

Ceres

Banned
I'll just be pissed if SBI beats him while I'm at work (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well we're close to the 75% mark! :eek:)

I don't think any SBI guilds have made a really organized push yet. For all we know GAF could be the first to do so, but I do think I want to wait until the weekend.

edit: Ah damn you! I wanted to be there for that! Nice work ;)

Levyne

Banned
Our dps zerg was too spread. We had a main group sitting by the banners and I never died until the second phase started and I was sent underwater. But we had people everywhere in the shallow water, and so many people down and dead.

Ashodin

Our dps zerg was too spread. We had a main group sitting by the banners and I never died until the second phase started and I was sent underwater. But we had people everywhere in the shallow water, and so many people down and dead.

just keep chanting "STACK" in the map chat and people should get it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Politely asking those who aren't representing a "stack point" to turn off their commander tags might be good as well.

So the megalaser charging event didn't pop?

I suggest our whole guild goes into the zerg and we follow one commander and always stay stacked, hopefully people will understand that they need to stack together. We can also focus on buffing so we do a lot of damage.

I think most people by now know what to do with turrets.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ahh, rough. Guess we should probably designate GAF parties for each battery beforehand (there's a north, south, east and west right?)
I suggest our whole guild goes into the zerg and we follow one commander and always stay stacked, hopefully people will understand that they need to stack together. We can also focus on buffing so we do a lot of damage.

I think most people by now know what to do with turrets.
We should ensure there is a party at each set of turrets for defense, but I think next attempt I am going to try to be that commander (unless one is already present and communicating) in my support spec, so everybody can jump on me and try to set an example.

Lunar15

We really need a revamp of the commander system. If they're gonna do big coordinated events like this, it'd just be a big help.

As far as I know, there's only 3 batteries.

Lunar15

You can follow and "block" other commanders so it's not a problem.

That's good to know, but it's not quite what I'm getting at. If commanders are meant to be a guide for players where to go, it still doesn't make sense that anyone who reaches 100 gold should be able to do it.

I dunno, I understand it's a weird issue so I don't blame Anet for not working on it, but having 8 commanders at an event sure isn't helping anyone.

Giard

Finally done with tribulation mode! Jesus that was hard. Got my yellow Super Pistol though.

It seems like the "pew pew" sound doesn't really work with the mesmer... that's pretty disappointing.

Ceres

Banned
There should be a limit on how many tags can be active in a particular location. But I'm sure those wanting the epeen will be up in arms if they can't have their tag on at all times.

pyros

Ahh, rough. Guess we should probably designate GAF parties for each battery beforehand (there's a north, south, east and west right?)

We should ensure there is a party at each set of turrets for defense, but I think next attempt I am going to try to be that commander (unless one is already present and communicating) in my support spec, so everybody can jump on me and try to set an example.

I think turret defence is where we are lacking, I've done four so far, and positioned myself near the southern turrets and have had them constantly destroyed because of lack of manpower, maybe about ten of us defending the entire position.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think turret defence is where we are lacking, I've done four so far, and positioned myself near the southern turrets and have had them constantly destroyed because of lack of manpower, maybe about ten of us defending the entire position.
There are two different things we're talking about. For the turrets, 10 people is actually enough for each set of 3- even less is actually okay. More and you risk it scaling up to champs which is not good. We did a very solid job on my first attempt at guarding the west (north...?) turrets with just my party of 5. I think only 1 was destroyed the entire time. If turrets are getting destroyed constantly something is obviously going very wrong.

What I was referring to was in the megalaser phase after 75%, there are batteries that need to be defended to charge the laser. These are in different spots that can quickly be reached with the jump pads. I think we'll want to designate a party for each so people know where to go when that phase hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom