• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think biggest reason we aren't progressing fast enough is that the dps group goes down too much and I think the biggest reason the go down too much is they are taking too much damage from the poison aoes because no one kills the tendrils that throw them.

The group is constantly in 2, 3 aoe damage circles at the same time and the turret clense alone isn't cutting it because of all the tendrils constantly reapplying them, and it's killing people or taking them low enough to go down to the wave damage if they fail to dodge. Next organized try I'm going to stand in the zerg but focus on the tendrils over Taco except for a few big skills like firestorm and I think if we get a bunch of like minded people in the zerg doing the same thing, melting all nearby tendrils as they spawn we can really help the zerg survive and ultimately increase our damage output on taco.

jersoc

Once we get it down and it's done every day, people will always be doing it since it's a guaranteed 4 ectos which is 4-5g for ~15 min of effort, then the chance at Ascended weps, unique weapon skins, and mini taco as well as a unique sigil.

I hope so. I'm going to be there every time I can like pretty much every boss.

I could use an ascended for my mesmer.

also this is pretty funny
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/tequatl/Eredon-Terrace-VICTORY/first#post2870436

Arkanius

I think biggest reason we aren't progressing fast enough is that the dps group goes down too much and I think the biggest reason the go down too much is they are taking too much damage from the poison aoes because no one kills the tendrils that throw them.

The group is constantly in 2, 3 aoe damage circles at the same time and the turret clense alone isn't cutting it because of all the tendrils constantly reapplying them, and it's killing people or taking them low enough to go down to the wave damage if they fail to dodge. Next organized try I'm going to stand in the zerg but focus on the tendrils over Taco except for a few big skills like firestorm and I think if we get a bunch of like minded people in the zerg doing the same thing, melting all nearby tendrils as they spawn we can really help the zerg survive and ultimately increase our damage output on taco.

The turrets are clearing their tendrils quick enough. If it's being a problem on the DPS group I can go there and focus on Tendrils as well, they go down fast enough with Hammer since it also interrupts. We could get 6/7 players doing the same and it would be good.

BrettWeir

Also the waves. It's a massacre with the lag or not being able to see the waves.

Guys remember the camera zooms way the hell back during the fight and if you want to be on the Zerg, you almost get an isometric view of the fight and you can see when the wave starts, then you can start just spamming jump and you'll make it over.

Atrophis

Once we get it down and it's done every day, people will always be doing it since it's a guaranteed 4 ectos which is 4-5g for ~15 min of effort, then the chance at Ascended weps, unique weapon skins, and mini taco as well as a unique sigil.

Since when are ectos worth 1g??

I think we need l10 people on the stack to be assigned specifically the fingers, 5 watch for ones on the left and 5 on the right and thier whole job is to take down the fingers.

If reflection walls, reflect poison walls from fingers those two groups should have a gurdian to mitigate initial attack from fingers.

I think the only way for us to win this is to stop dying in the stack so we need reflection walls like crazy.

People need more specific roles than just stacking in one spot and attacking.

If we get the massive downs again, I'm going to remember to try to kill the krait and slow walking poison mobs. I rallied twice off them during my previous fight and I bet we can mass rally like we do in WvW. IIRC, I couldn't rally off those finger tendrils.

Edit: I would definitely be up for a Finger Tendril havoc squad that roams around the stack.

Lunar15

If we get the massive downs again, I'm going to remember to try to kill the krait and slow walking poison mobs. I rallied twice off them during my previous fight and I bet we can mass rally like we do in WvW. IIRC, I couldn't rally off those finger tendrils.

Edit: I would definitely be up for a Finger Tendril havoc squad that roams around the stack.

I would say having a very small group that focuses on the fingers and having the turret pilots out of a squad would help a lot.

The havoc squad on the fingers also has to be mindful of the poison since they won't be getting the buff from the turrets.

I don't think the tendril squad needs to leave the zerg, they may as well stay there and benefit from the quickness buff while ranging nearby tendrils (and switching back to taco when tendrils are down).

Everyone get on their engineers and we set Mortars all around Taco where they wave won't hit us and we just attack his face. Rest of the people can stack or whatever.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't think the tendril squad needs to leave the zerg, they may as well stay there and benefit from the quickness buff while ranging nearby tendrils (and switching back to taco when tendrils are down).
They could leave the zerg to spike down tendrils that happen to pop out of their range and then quickly return to it. I think the main thing is definitely having a single party designated to this task for the whole fight.
Warriors should probably stick to defending turrets.
This advice seems like madness considering how critical Warbanners are, but maybe I'm misinterpreting you?

Lunar15

Is the tidal wave a circular attack or just semicircle infrint of taco?

Full circle.

I feel confident that we're getting down turrets. The next step is training to keep the DPS crew on a stable mixture of DPS, killing tendrils, and ressing downed (not dead) players. The other suggestion is to have two commanders or have some kind of visual marker so that the DPS group knows exactly where to stack. I'm not going to lie, once all those blue death markers go up and the effects start flying, it's kind of difficult to see where my character is in relation to the stack point.

You know, I keep hearing that people are just laying dead and not WP'ing, but I'm not entirely certain that's the issue. I think more of what we see are downed players that are not fully dead yet.

You know, I keep hearing that people are just laying dead and not WP'ing, but I'm not entirely certain that's the issue. I think more of what we see are downed players that are not fully dead yet.
I've been vocal about this on gchat. Too often I'm rezzing in the stack and I immediately know I'm rezzing a defeated person. If I go down in the stack and my health goes to 10%, I go straight to map window and start spamming the crap out of the WP. And I never see a steady stream of 10 other players traveling from that WP. Maybe 2 or 3. If I go down after a dozen others have and I'm defeated, I expect to see a dozen at the WP.

Maybe it's mean but I only rez gaf and only if I see that they have just downed try to avoid defeated. But yeah these ppl need to wp and help.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I agree that while defeated players not running back is an issue (honestly, for the duration of the Meta it should just auto-waypoint you to Brooloonu; this particular kind of thing should be player-proof), it's not the main issue keeping us from Greatness. Every individaul player that avoids being downed by the wave in the first place is a deceptively massive improvement- one more res slot out of 5 per Warbanner or ranger Spirit, one fewer "interact" icon for the remaining rezzers, one more source of continuous DPS.

Another thing I just really started to consider is that there's a definite distribution in terms of ideal classes and specs for roles. For instance, I think I did pretty well on the turret last night- but I realized this morning that my Thief would have been way better applied doing DPS and buffing the zerg with cluster bomb and my other support abilities. Manning a turret is a perfect job for high-HP and/or toughness folk. This really didn't even occur to me after the fight at all, not until this morning did I really start thinking about it.

Similarly, Berserker's spec peeps, high-condition specs, and minion master necros are wasted in the DPS ball but supreme as turret defenders.

Putting together specialized parties for individual tasks that supplement the general server instructions will help massively.

Lulubop

They could leave the zerg to spike down tendrils that happen to pop out of their range and then quickly return to it. I think the main thing is definitely having a single party designated to this task for the whole fight.

This advice seems like madness considering how critical Warbanners are, but maybe I'm misinterpreting you?

Ranged damaged felt low in comparison to other classes. at least for phase 1. They should be first in line when he is stunned however. Maybe it was just me.

Ashodin

Basically this. If you are GAF and inside the DPS, you have finger priority first, taco second. I will be gathering you into my party, then targeting fingers for quick dispatching. If you hear "wave", jump repeatedly.

Wow 10 servers defeated it already.
If we don't get it today, SBI will be last.

Blackgate (World first)
Desolation
Tarnished Coast
Sanctum of Rall
Abaddon's Mouth
Seafarer's Rest
Vabbi
Pken Square
Fissure of Woe
Riverside

Do you know of one that needs to be added to the list? Post a screenshot or video link and we'll get it up here! ~RB2

Complistic

i think my talents are better used defending the turrets. Taco gets 25 stacks of bleeding pretty easily. I do more much more damage to multiple mobs in large groups rather than just one.

As a side note, it's stupid you can only stack 25 bleeds on the guy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ranged damaged felt low in comparison to other classes. at least for phase 1. They should be first in line when he is stunned however. Maybe it was just me.
Just to clarify, simply doing direct damage yourself isn't the full scope of the role people have in the zerg. Of course it's important, but amplifying the other people doing so is likely just as important. The rezzes from Warbanner are compleeeetely awesomely helpful, and I wouldn't want a Warrior anywhere but right up in Teq's face as my first choice. I think the Warrior shouts that buff people around you are also perfect for this, but I don't really know Warriors well at all so I'll defer to others.
Wow 10 servers defeated it already.
If we don't get it today, SBI will be last.
Damnit I so wanted us to be top 10. Womp womp :(
i think my talents are better used defending the turrets. Taco gets 25 stacks of bleeding pretty easily. I do more much more damage to multiple mobs in large groups rather than just one.
Definitely perfect for turret defending. Try to get in a party devoted to it if you can.
Mumble tonight?
Teamspeak- there were over 120 present last night.
Overflow got it today.
Hah, Overflow.

Lunar15

SBI has always been a pretty casual, laid back kind of server.

I'd like to hear more about the tactics used by multiple servers. Part of me wonders if we're just massively overthinking it.

Arkanius

SBI has always been a pretty casual, laid back kind of server.

I'd like to hear more about the tactics used by multiple servers. Part of me wonders if we're just massively overthinking it.

They used the tactic we used last time.
Multiple teams, turrets and DPS.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We did very well in the battery defense/charging segments. Everybody was in lock-step on those and we even leveraged the time (you can run back to Teq before the countdown finishes) almost perfectly.

I think a majority of it is just going to be individual improvements when it comes to the waves, plus good people on the turrets for cleanses. I'll be in DPS/tentacle duty tonight to do my part!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fow's near perfect run seems to use only one stack: http://www.twitch.tv/nalefyr/c/2959061

edit: THAT'S the position we should be using, though! We were way, way closer (and more head-on) to Teq. Look how much safer they are!

I wish the recorder would have zoomed in on the map a little though, I'd love a screenshot of where that spot is.

Lunar15

Fow's near perfect run seems to use only one stack: http://www.twitch.tv/nalefyr/c/2959061

edit: THAT'S the position we should be using, though! We were way, way closer (and more head-on) to Teq. Look how much safer they are!

I wish the recorder would have zoomed in on the map a little though, I'd love a screenshot of where that spot is.

I thought about moving back, I felt a lot of people had no time to react to the wave.

EDIT: They look closer. Moving to the side seems interesting.

EDIT: Biggest difference between them and us is just faaaar less downed players. Like, it's not even close.

Levyne

Banned
They look well to teq's right, and yeah, closer. This means the north turrets probably cant hit them, but maybe they dont need to? North can focus on keeping the bone wall down and south more on cleanses?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry, let me clarify. They are closer to the Teq model than we were, but MUCH farther from the point of origin of the shockwave. Look at where it eminates from. It's a lateral move; they're all still in 900 range of hitting him.

The turret range is quite extensive... not sure if both sets of turrets can hit them or not, but I really like the look of that spot either way.

Lunar15

They also have people dedicated to attacking the fingers. I see people dropping in and out of the stack with melee to take them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom