• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

They'll nerf it soon enough.

edit: if not with this patch in the next 5 minutes.

They wont nerf it...it's not IMPOSSIBLE to do as it has been done by 4 servers now, it's just not easy mode faceroll on the keyboard and win. It takes very real coordination in order to kill him now which is in line with what you expect when fighting a dragon.

Complistic

They wont nerf it...it's not IMPOSSIBLE to do as it has been done by 4 servers now, it's just not easy mode faceroll on the keyboard and win. It takes very real coordination in order to kill him now which is in line with what you expect when fighting a dragon.

It being possible has nothing to do with anet nerfing it. They'll nerf it because it's currently the living story update and advertising something that is 99% unbeatable to the masses won't cut it. Showing up, dying 10 times, and getting nothing for your time isn't fun. At all.

Jira

Super Adventure Box: Back to School

Fixed a bug that prevented players from earning the Master of Secrets, World 2, achievement.

World vs. World

Fixed a bug that reduced performance in WvW.

Balance, Bug-Fixing, Polish

Fixed a bug that caused the Boss Week daily achievements to be awarded twice on the same day.
Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect animation to play when the Molten Alliance Mining Pick was used.
Fixed various crash bugs.

Lunar15

It being possible has nothing to do with anet nerfing it. They'll nerf it because it's currently the living story update and advertising something that is 99% unbeatable to the masses won't cut it. Showing up, dying 10 times, and getting nothing for your time isn't fun. At all.

Speak for yourself. I love it. I even said yesterday that I wouldn't mind if it took us a month.

Not all content needs to be beatable on a regular basis. There are cross-server strategy meetings going on. That's nuts! I love it!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

super, crazy, ridiculous disagree

SBI got it to 60% last time, couldn't get in though :( Awesome progress.

I like the Teq revamp. I can actually be in PTV gear and be useful with my main Elementalist while my Ice Bows and Fiery Greatswords are being put to good use by others during their cool-downs.

I wonder what shameful server is going to be last to defeat Teq. :p

I like the Teq revamp. I can actually be in PTV gear and be useful with my main Elementalist while my Ice Bows and Fiery Greatswords are being put to good use by others during their cool-downs.

SBI because Complistic gave up on it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My first time hitting the batteries. The fight changes a LOT at that point, and it feels pretty suitably epic IMO. You charge up this huge laser to shoot a dragon and do discernible damage to it. The rest of the time you're barely nipping at its heels.

Basically, the health bar is very misleading. Things like the thief trait Executioner matter a TON for completion in timed fights and we were THIS CLOSE to 50%.

Plus the more damage you do while he's stunned the shorter phase before you hit the next laser charge.... it's pretty well-designed.

I will have his fangs as a souvenir.

Levyne

Banned
Put it this way. BG's first success got to the 75% benchmark at 7:20 remaining? SBI's last three tries are roughly 0:30. 2:00. 5:00. Not saying we're gonna get it easy or anything, but there's reason to hope.

Lunar15

For those wondering, a little bit of Mastodon in the background goes excellently with this fight. I recommend Leviathan.

Teq is our White Whale.

Holy Grail.

hythloday

I love the new Tequatl.

I think it's awesome that it's hard. One of my minor gripes about this game since launch has been that all the world boss events are lame. Showing up to kill the Shatterer is usually about as exciting as opening an ice cold can of Coke and discovering it's gone completely flat. It's not fun to me to just mindlessly go from autoattack event to autoattack event, collecting rares like I'm ticking off items on my grocery list.

Sure, Teamspeak is kind of a clusterfuck at times but I think it's awesome that multiple guilds and random people are now learning to come together and organize (outside of WvW). You have to contend with overflow issues, but you are not locked out of the event by raid caps or guild membership. Anyone can jump in and help.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for other bosses.

Retro

Just as a reminder, this is a very public event and GAF is one of, if not the largest guild on SBI. The other officers and I want to remind the folks who are attending the Taco fight to please be on their best behavior as you are representing the guild in front of a very large part of the server. Try to cut the excessive negativity in map chat, keep comms clear if you're getting on team speak, etc.

Luigi87

gw057.jpg
From TC's second defeat of it. Not my pic, but nearly dead center, lol
Representing.

Jira

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...unding-the-Teq-living-story/first#post2868109[1]

The story component for the Tequatl Rising LW update primarily deals with helping Rox fight Tequatl and finding dragon minion clues. You can also interact with Warmaster Narru to get a few more details.

Narru will remain behind, though Rox will leave the area with the next Living World release.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...unding-the-Teq-living-story/first#post2868897[2]

We’re planning to put Living World story summaries into game UI, but I can’t say when that system is coming online just yet. (It’s a more complicated system than that, by the way, but one component of it will include some of these story details.) Regarding something that bridges the releases more clearly, Design will have to continue to work closely with Marketing to hit that sweet spot. Inside the game, we’ll continue to explore ways to do this in various forms (cinematics, conversations, lore bits, etc.).

I realize that, for a lot of people, the LW release stories don’t feel connected. They are, but we’re not always making that clear to players. It’s something we’re always looking to improve. That stated, we have deliberately held back some story details for pacing reasons. More dots will be connected in the coming months, so I will continue to encourage folks to let us know what they think with each release. We appreciate the feedback.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...unding-the-Teq-living-story/first#post2869046[3]

Maybe I wasn’t clear in my other post. Tequatl becoming stronger (and Rox being present) are both tied into the overall LW story. More will be revealed later.

We're inching closer, learning each time. Tomorrow night maybe, but I feel like the 1st or 2nd spawn Friday night after reset will be our first time.

Shiokazu

i bet all my marks on NSP.

everyone wants to be the hero, nobody wants to follow orders... its a mess, compared to what SBI is... i doubt if NSP can even beat Tequatl.

That last one did not go as well as earlier tonight. I get downed more than I should, so I'm not pointing fingers. But as a group, the DPS group has to find a way to stay up. I'm standing by my earlier prediction, SBI beats Tequatl Friday night.

We had a great turnout in TS tonight. We can only get better. TS crapping out that one time hurt us a lot.

This may be the best patch I have seen so far. No farmers, no one complaining about farmers. Just everyone coming together to beat a common goal. Never has failing been so much fun.

Levyne

Banned
Need to learn how to manage turrets into the fight. Start out good, get a few champs on the turrets, fewer cleansing and armor removing shots, zerg spread due to increased downed, runs back, more turret issues, snowballs.

Need to learn how to manage turrets into the fight. Start out good, get a few champs on the turrets, fewer cleansing and armor removing shots, zerg spread due to increased downed, runs back, more turret issues, snowballs.

Yep. That's exactly what I've seen so far. Once the zerg gets spread out, it's all downhill from there. Do we have too many defenders on the turrets, and that spawns champs? Tuesday night, Hawkian was on the turret I believe. The 4 other party members were there defending him. We had one turret destroyed once on that side, and I think just one champ spawned. Until we're proven wrong, it just feels like too many turret defenders = too many champs spawning.

I love the strategy here. I'm by far NOT the best at the execution, but the strategy? Damn this is fun.

EDIT: Wow missed a huge word there lol!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SoR killed taco with 0 seconds left:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...eats_tequatl_the_sunless_with_0_seconds_left/

3rd NA kill and 5th world wide.

Technically, ET was the 3rd NA, but Blackgate was wearing them like a cape!

Maybe we should just try a party at each turret wing? If the dps ball can stay a bit away from the other turrets too.

Honestly, we also just lost a lot of people in that 10-11 NA hour. Retrying as an individual multiple times helps the most, and a lot of people in TS for that last attempt were doing it for the first time.

I can feel MYSELF getting better each time though... that's basically all I need to keep going.

All concerns about needing a nerf, group size, trolls, etc. have all evaporated completely; at this point I think it would be ludicrous for them to significantly change the event. However, I am truly concerned that I will simply not be there the first time we get him holy fuck I want to be there so bad.

Do... decently but not exceptionally during the day tomorrow guys.

Ashodin

CALM's commander said they'd be on tomorrow, so I'm really excited to try again. Holy shit I can't wait.

edit: lol borlis pass thinks we are "stormblob isle"

Ceres

Banned
CALM's commander said they'd be on tomorrow, so I'm really excited to try again. Holy shit I can't wait.

edit: lol borlis pass thinks we are "stormblob isle"

Buffy on the GW forums right? That's pretty much all they ever say each thread and complain about transfers. Yet they transferred to BP from NSP or some other lower tier server.

Shiokazu

i dont know, but im reading these comentaries about tequatl here in this thread and, it only makes me think:

;-; its so beautiful what anet made, a whole community joined together to kill a evil menace, its like those old fantasy stories, its

its like narnia dude ;-;

Jira

they should add in a couple more turrets really. i think that's about it. relying on 6 people is too much imo. what happens later when half the people are doing it?

Once we get it down and it's done every day, people will always be doing it since it's a guaranteed 4 ectos which is 4-5g for ~15 min of effort, then the chance at Ascended weps, unique weapon skins, and mini taco as well as a unique sigil.

Shiokazu

Once we get it down and it's done every day, people will always be doing it since it's a guaranteed 4 ectos which is 4-5g for ~15 min of effort, then the chance at Ascended weps, unique weapon skins, and mini taco as well as a unique sigil.

for this reason, MAY TEQ STAY THE WAY IT IS.

i dont want GW2 becoming another casualfest like WoW became now.

Arkanius

I hope we get another try at it later today.
I was very very surprised on how fast his health got down after the first laser blast. We can do it. We can probably reduce the number of players defending the turrets. We had champions spawning there, and champions only spawn when there are more than 10 players on each turret base. I myself was defending the North turret battery together with a Commander and a few other players, and I think we did well. We had lots of Risen spawn from the event but the turrets went mostly undefeated. We had a Champion though, and that's a bad sign. As an hammer warrior nowadays, CC is more useful in the turrets that hacking at the feet of Taco.

Luigi87

One thing about Tequatl -- Right now its timer seems to be universal across all worlds I think, so it always starts at the same time everywhere, have they indicated if it will be changed come the next Living Story patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom