• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm going to stay attacking the fingers and saving everyone from the waves. It's pretty easy to jump over them
I'll admit, I hadn't quite mastered it during my first try last night and turreting means you don't even contend with them at all. Locking that down is how I'm gonna spend the first fight I get into when I get home tonight.

pyros

I made about 50 Powerful potion of Undead slaying and 5 Feast of Orrian Steak Frittes, was going to put it in the guild stash, but it's full, can I use the lottery or transfer fund slots?

Hmph that's the exact spot i was trying to get people to stand on, on the little island behind his right claw.

Probably the best thing about it is that you stay in range of the claw so you can still fire at it when he pulls it back.

Runes of undead slaying now at like 1g. Got one anyway, and a PVT staff.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Woo! I posted it in the little thread on the sbi forums as well. Can't wait to try.

And yeah, Powerful Potions of Undead Slaying and Orrian Steak Frittes for everyone! Omnmonomnom

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I made about 50 Powerful potion of Undead slaying and 5 Feast of Orrian Steak Frittes, was going to put it in the guild stash, but it's full, can I use the lottery or transfer fund slots?
What I would do is just send them to individual players who say they don't have them (even those not in the guild) at the start of a Teq attempt. Just be all "anybody need some [link]?" They really do make a big impact.

edit: Shit DP. I am too hyped.
Runes of undead slaying now at like 1g. Got one anyway, and a PVT staff.
I'm not doing this (don't have a weapon that I want to devote to the cause) but for anyone interested who doesn't want to shell out the 1g, the 5% from a Major sigil still adds up.

nataku

Something about stacking just really bothers me. It always feels like something that runs counter to the movement based combat the game normally has.

Ashodin

Watching the FOW video, it looks at MOST there are three fingers dropping poison on the group at one time, whereas where we were standing last night were about five or four of them. If we can get that spot AND use a group to take down the fingers, we got this.

Second observation: after the melee at Tequatl's foot, people retreat back to the usual spot instead of running back to the spot we used, which would have lost time and group cohesion. It's just flat out better.

AAAnnd I just figured out why north group doesn't need to fire on the DPS group. They can quickness themselves.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Something about stacking just really bothers me. It always feels like something runs counter to the movement based combat the game normally has.
I must say I certainly agree. Especially on my thief, it's tough because I tend to be in constant motion even when not under threat.

It probably wouldn't be needed, actually, if everyone were very comfortable with the waves. Dodging out of the poison fields and so on would actually be viable. But the constant support/rezzing is pretty crucial for now.

It doesn't bother me so much because while a relatively simple tactic, it by no means trivializes this fight- and I'm looking at this in terms of being the first new-school encounter that requires coordination like this. Future ones might necessitate multiple equal groups or even punish stacking, or even standing still altogether, like the grawl frac boss. For the first one, though, we're all still getting our bearings and everything... I can tolerate it.
Watching the FOW video, it looks at MOST there are three fingers dropping poison on the group at one time, whereas where we were standing last night were about five or four of them. If we can get that spot AND use a group to take down the fingers, we got this.
I want in yo' fingerkiller group.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Borlis Pass is apparently having an enormous amount of trouble even getting him below 80%. This amuses me for some reason but I can't put my finger on it. I don't dislike them or anything.
Third observation: the ENTIRE GROUP hits Tequatl when he's stunned, including cannon groups.
Oh absolutely. Were we not doing that last night? I know I did. There's no poison, nor any threat of bone walls, during the stun.

Ashodin

Borlis Pass is apparently having an enormous amount of trouble even getting him below 80%. This amuses me for some reason but I can't put my finger on it. I don't dislike them or anything.

Oh absolutely. Were we not doing that last night? I know I did. There's no poison, nor any threat of bone walls, during the stun.

tee hee, borlis pass. Lovin' this sense of server solidarity.

Lunar15

I ain't trash talkin about any server till we beat it. The difference between 1% and 80% is meaningless to me. It's win or lose. Frankly, I'm still disappointed we weren't first! What shame!

AintFirstorLast.jpg

Lunar15

Kind of annoying they're rolling it out so slowly. I don't care for Tequatl one bit considering I'd just be sitting at 5 FPS the whole time. :\

I'm shocked at how little lag I've had without changing my settings a bit. Sure, I've got a decent rig, but even jormag used to throw that thing for a loop.

Sophia

I'm shocked at how little lag I've had without changing my settings a bit. Sure, I've got a decent rig, but even jormag used to throw that thing for a loop.

They've improved it significantly. I know outside of the Scarlet fight herself, the invasions were actually playable on my end at 15-25 FPS.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I ain't trash talkin about any server till we beat it. The difference between 1% and 80% is meaningless to me. It's win or lose. Frankly, I'm still disappointed we weren't first! What shame!

AintFirstorLast.jpg
Shake and bake!

I changed my player model and quality things to medium for the Teq fight and that's about it. I'm not getting a rock solid framerate or anything but it's been completely playable and looks great. Honestly in this case I can't really say that I've yet died or messed up when it wasn't totally my fault. The first time Watery Grave happened to me I died and got kind of pissed because I thought it was a bug or camera glitch.... but.... yeah. Now I know.

Complistic

3 months from now, we will have no dragons to farm

I'm beginning to think taco is only so hard right now because anet knows how many players are going to be fighting him. Once this little boss week is over, i could see them nerfing him a bit to make him more manageable for the average crowd.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm beginning to think taco is only so hard right now because anet knows how many players are going to be fighting him. Once this little boss week is over, i could see them nerfing him a bit to make him more manageable for the average crowd.
I read someone speculating that there might be some kind of lore reason to do this, like Rox finding a way to weaken him or something. Kinda hoping not, but so be it if this comes to pass.

Lunar15

Honestly? If the rewards are good enough, you're gonna get guilds who devote themselves to this content and will find ways to run it with less numbers.

I can run DPS on Fingers. Should I bring PVT or Zerk gear though? I'd rather not keep going down with the zerk gear.

hythloday

Didn't someone at ArenaNet also say in a past interview that they were working on their version of 'raids'? I swear I read that at some point. There could be a living story tie in to weaken him I guess, but my gut feeling (and hope) is that this is what they were talking about, and they WANT it to be hard.

Also, remember original AC before revamp. It was hard, then suddenly it wasn't, without them changing the dungeon. Players' gear and skill improved. That will surely happen again.

Lunar15

No thank you, sir. All I need is the pride of taking down this dragon at his toughest.

Would have been nice to put his head up in a guild hall or player house though. Just sayin..............

Levyne

Banned
I'd just get PVT gear. You don't need the prec or the critical damage. Or any power primary gear that keeps you upright and has useful minors. Unless you are defending turrets. You can get a full exotic pvt set for under 6 gold and ~950 badges. You could probably just get any cheap runeset or slot items for it.

Can get soldiers exotics from Grenth Temple if you want to go all out.

Lunar15

I'd just get PVT gear. You don't need the prec or the critical damage. Or any power primary gear that keeps you upright and has useful minors. Unless you are defending turrets. You can get a full exotic pvt set for under 6 gold and ~950 badges. You could probably just get any cheap runeset or slot items for it.

I run PVT by default, but I do have a Zerk set just in case. Just curious.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Honestly? If the rewards are good enough, you're gonna get guilds who devote themselves to this content and will find ways to run it with less numbers.

I can run DPS on Fingers. Should I bring PVT or Zerk gear though? I'd rather not keep going down with the zerk gear.
Fingers cannot be crit my good sir! Bring yo' Soldier's.

Arkanius

Anyone with 400 Armorsmith?
I need a set of Knight Draconic Armor crafted. I'll try cover the materials and other costs that might be required. I feel the TP price is a bit absurd :p
Give me a list of the mats and I'll try to gather them all.

jersoc

lol our server sucks :| map is just constant bitching probably doesnt help. every damn map chat that is. people were crying in fucking frost before it even begun.

we did get him past 75% though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom