• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffer

Anyone with 400 Armorsmith?
I need a set of Knight Draconic Armor crafted. I'll try cover the materials and other costs that might be required. I feel the TP price is a bit absurd :p
Give me a list of the mats and I'll try to gather them all.

I'll be on in a minute and can craft it for you if no-one else has, also you can check GW2spidy to see what mats you'll need.

It's super important to get to taco as soon as he hits the ground after the megalaser fires. While he's stunned, you do like 4 times more damage to him and you don't want to miss that opportunity.

We also had problems restacking, might be good to pick an exact point on the ground where the stack should try to form up on if we get spread, like the northern most point of the little island, and get everyone on the same page. A tag would be good, but a point on the ground also works when the commander is dead or running back or in the wrong place or there is no commander.

Ceres

Banned
I need a set of Knight Draconic Armor crafted. I'll try cover the materials and other costs that might be required. I feel the TP price is a bit absurd :p

If you don't get this prior to me getting home, I can help you tonight.
Can get the info for supplies at http://www.gw2spidy.com

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's super important to get to taco as soon as he hits the ground after the megalaser fires. While he's stunned, you do like 4 times more damage to him and you don't want to miss that opportunity.
I noticed this also applies to damage from the 1 on the turrets, which is fairly substantial. Basically, up to each turret-manner if they feel the DPS boost would be better served by them shooting or going up close.

I noticed this also applies to damage from the 1 on the turrets, which is fairly substantial. Basically, up to each turret-manner if they feel the DPS boost would be better served by them shooting or going up close.

I heard the tower shots hit for 2400 on his head (and only his head, not the claws) when he isn't stunned. If that's true I'd definitely stay on the turrets.

Ashodin

Gwendabella said:
Mal texted me and wanted me to let everyone know she'll be running a bit late and should be on around 7-8pm. Sooooo, that's probably when you will see us focusing on teq. I've been pouring over things we have learned from yesterday, what you guys have added here, as well as videos and 'teq'niques from those who have downed it. Hope to see everyone there, you guys did an amazing job yesterday and we made some really solid progress!

So a little bit later than expected, but fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psEKa69b-Lo JQ's kill of Tequatl. Watching.

Complistic

what's your in game name?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I heard the tower shots hit for 2400 on his head (and only his head, not the claws) when he isn't stunned. If that's true I'd definitely stay on the turrets.
Seemed like 2100-2500, and 9-10k when stunned. Good stuff. 111
So a little bit later than expected, but fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psEKa69b-Lo JQ's kill of Tequatl. Watching.
Errr I'm still jumping in for whatever attempts take place before Malcynth and co. are online.

Just wondering, Thursday nights are Guild WvW nights right?
Fridays, at the reset.

Ceres

Banned
There are a few stuff there that I dont think I have nor can I craft.
After the next Taco fight I'll analyse it. Thank you!

Basically you need Gossamer Scraps, Orichalcum Ore, Ectoplasm, and Armored Scale through the TP, salvaging, or farming.
Spool of Gossamer Thread is purchasable from the crafting merchants.

It might just be cheaper/easier to buy the Chestplate Padding and Chestplate Panel from the TP if you don't already have the crafting supplies. But the Insignias are expensive if you don't have the supplies for those.

Ashodin

Seemed like 2100-2500, and 9-10k when stunned. Good stuff. 111

Errr I'm still jumping in for whatever attempts take place before Malcynth and co. are online.

Fridays, at the reset.

Oh you bet your ass I'll be there for the next attempt (SBI is doing him right now). Which should be at 6:30.

pyros

I have the recipe for a box of knight draconic armor in my craft table, I'll send you a mat list, if you want

I already mentioned this in Gchat but NE turrets (closest to the contest WP) were having trouble, especially early on. Two of the turrets were getting down pretty constantly. Just need more DPS in that area to burn the mobs faster. New waves of Risen kept hitting before the previous wave was cleared.

People were working hard to keep the turrets cleared and rebuilding and manning them pretty quickly but if we could tighten that up just a bit we'd get to 75% faster I think.

Arkanius

http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/1096

I want Knight's, but the difference in gold between Craft and TP isn't that big :(

I have the recipe for a box of knight draconic armor in my craft table, I'll send you a mat list, if you want

I have some stuff that is required. I've sold my Globs recently, unfortunately :/

EDIT:

Wow I have nothing. I'm missing most of the Fine materials, have 54 Gossamer Scraps, 3 Ori, and that's it. Time to start gathering.

Mxrz

I'll try to sneak in for a go. If you stand out at the lasers, doing all the dirty work and never actually hit Teq, do you still get credit for the kill?

* New build in 10 minutes. 6:30 spawn borked?

I'll try to sneak in for a go. If you stand out at the lasers, doing all the dirty work and never actually hit Teq, do you still get credit for the kill?

* New build in 10 minutes. 6:30 spawn borked?

I worked the turret the whole time and I still got credit for getting past the first battery defense, so I'm very certain you will.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think he means as a turret defender rather than being on it? Might as well hit Teq during the last 5% anyway.

I think he means as a turret defender rather than being on it? Might as well hit Teq during the last 5% anyway.

Yup. That's what I was doing. Also everyone defends the batteries, so there will be credit there as well.

If you're iffy on it though, you can always rush Teq in the last bit of health he has.

Edit: lol Man I need to read stuff fully. ;p

Mxrz

Yeah, I always ask these days. I'll go with that.

Patched. Made it into SBI Sparkfly, but not too many here. Everyone hanging out in the pre-patch instance?

Jira

Looking For Group Tool Beta

We’ve begun expanding player access to the Looking For Group tool. We are continuing to monitor and address any issues found during this process.

Player vs. Player

Fixed a bug that prevented kill announcements from being displayed to all players.

Luigi87

I am... The Sunbringer!

BTW, really nice attempt there on SBI.
Thing that hurt most I think was the brief lost in DPS when there were no cleanses on the zerg for a good 15-20 seconds.

Ceres

Banned
I am... The Sunbringer!

BTW, really nice attempt there on SBI.
Thing that hurt most I think was the brief lost in DPS when there were no cleanses on the zerg for a good 15-20 seconds.

What also didn't help is teq spawning in the middle of people patching. So they were running to get back in place and get ferries.

Yeah that was a good attempt. Lots of chatter on TS during the fight about defending turrets, turrets down, etc. I think if we get that smoothed out a bit, we're good. The new DPS stack location seems much better.

And the way the event works, 30 seconds faster and 27% becomes 20% or less.

There's another laser at 25% which is another big hit to his health and another stun. In the JQ attempt, that's enough free damage to bring him to like than 5% before the timer starts again.

We missed by a tiny margin even in that chaotic attempt.

Arkanius

Yeah that was a good attempt. Lots of chatter on TS during the fight about defending turrets, turrets down, etc. I think if we get that smoothed out a bit, we're good. The new DPS stack location seems much better.

It's amazing. We just need better poison removal. Our DPS stack always go down so fast at the beginning.

Also our turrets had more than 9 players

Another thing learned from the JQ attempt: When they go out to dps on the stunned taco, there are no fingers and no poison aoes, whereas when we do it there are fingers and people go down the finger attacks.

They must have had a squad clearing the remaining fingers while the laser charges.

This lets them dps on the stunned dragon and restack to fight with no pressure from the poison damage. We lacked that, and and it really hurt us in both those aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom