• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
You can do that without them sucking the nuts of the epro gaming scene yo.

mmos dont make good espots.

I like fighting other people, all I do is wvwvw pretty much. (Unless the match up is no contest and we crush the other sides)

Arken2121

Wvw is a completely different beast with a lot more customization and zerging. I just find it more fun playing with a bunch of guys(or girls) on a team to be more fun.

markot

Banned
Its weird. When we get matched up with higher ranked servers we always go up. When we go up against lower ranked ones, we go down >.< (Sea of Sorrows!)

Its weird. When we get matched up with higher ranked servers we always go up. When we go up against lower ranked ones, we go down >.< (Sea of Sorrows!)

SBI has been crushing all opposition for at least a straight month now. We've received a massive surge of WvW players (both North American and Oceanic).

Luigi87

As a member of TC...
Well, I'm screwed no matter which way.
TC can easily beat out T2 servers, but gets trounced by T1 servers.
T1.5 indeed.

markot

Banned
As a member of TC...
Well, I'm screwed no matter which way.
TC can easily beat out T2 servers, but gets trounced by T1 servers.
T1.5 indeed.

The problem is that the old system pretty much made servers stuck in tiers, and its hard to bust out, a few above or below and its either a blow out of you get blown out >.<

I finally got Flawless Defense.
I can stop crying now.

Now you need SAB tribulation mode so those tears flow. Or so I've heard...

Congratulations on Flawless Defense!

Ok you GAF commanders... Hawkian, Ashodin, Siafra, Levyne, Rottel, and those I've missed. I'd love to see a completely GAF commanded Tequatl fight. I want to see all our commanders tagged and leading everyone to the fastest SBI record. Come on, organize and let's give it a shot!

god fucking damnit. this is about when i logged off because after 3 times I said fuck it and gave up today.

I got my flawless defense on an organized attempt at that achievement. Failing to beat Tequatl on purpose sucks I know, but I'm sure those attempts will be out there this weekend. As far as I know, I've only seen one Tequatl success that also earned Flawless Defense too.

ThinFinn

So we completed Arah Path 4 earlier today.

I always thought the dungeon was gorgeous, but the area after Simin's encounter is truly breathtaking.

Only managed to grab a screen:

I recommend others to venture into Path 4 to catch a glimpse of this magnificent sight, even if it means enduring the torturous trek to get there.

Nerokis

There's officially and official thread for the trial, in case you want to introduce any friends:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687497

Love how the thread title is cleverly worded to make sure the "free DLC" thing is at the forefront. :p That's actually not a categorization I would agree with. I would hate to see every service based game with large free updates suddenly classify their patches as free DLC, and the imperative to do so seems to come entirely from a marketing point of view. It comes off as almost amateurish, somehow - maybe a bit lazy, or desperate.

Consider this entirely a nitpick-y, this-is-a-pet-peeve-of-mine kind of post, by the way. Personally speaking, this is the kind of marketing that turns me off. Obviously not a particularly big deal, though.

pyros

Thanks to jersoc's reddit link, i'm making 70 plus empyreal fragments a day, and I'm only doing some of the easy locations.

When I get my ascended GS, I'm transmuting my existing skin onto it, that thing is ugly

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I wish they didn't bother so much with the pro gaming shit.

Your forgetting gw1 pretty much was just an esport with some pve was tacked (In fact it was the strongest section of the game). Then only bad part of the focus is that gw2's structured pvp is kinda crappy but A-net are too resistant to change to fix it and bother adding fundamentally different game types.

Heyyyy welcome back mi amigo, how was it?

Not the best vacation I've had, actually. The place was kind of far from any kind of town or shop (20-30 minutes walk across country to the nearest town/groceries shop), it was really windy, especially at the beach (and often cloudy and just a bit too cold for the swimming pool, which itself was pretty awesome and huge), we had a crazy ant invasion in all rooms for the first week and a half or so (until the owner called the exterminator).

Some Germans really enjoyed the Anti semetic aspect of the Nazi party.

See how your logic falls apart!?

Godwin's law at its finest. Pro gaming = nazism, you heard it here first, folks. :p

Arkanius

Now you need SAB tribulation mode so those tears flow. Or so I've heard...

Congratulations on Flawless Defense!

Ok you GAF commanders... Hawkian, Ashodin, Siafra, Levyne, Rottel, and those I've missed. I'd love to see a completely GAF commanded Tequatl fight. I want to see all our commanders tagged and leading everyone to the fastest SBI record. Come on, organize and let's give it a shot!

I'm never coming back to World 2-2!

So we completed Arah Path 4 earlier today.

I always thought the dungeon was gorgeous, but the area after Simin's encounter is truly breathtaking.

Only managed to grab a screen:

I recommend others to venture into Path 4 to catch a glimpse of this magnificent sight, even if it means enduring the torturous trek to get there.
That was an awesome run and than you to all 5 of you that helped me get the Dungeon Master tittle.

I really liked path 4 because it isn't really unfairly hard it is just long. I think the guide helped a lot though for the boss fights.

The only dungeon that gives 7 boss chests, yet I only got 1 rare. Classic GW2.

Proven

OH SNAP SON

Stackers = pwnt.

So just move before the season starts...

The point was that if you're on a stacked server, you'll have two problems:

1. You'll be stuck in queues a lot at the beginning of the week, meaning you won't get a lot of playtime towards that meta achievement.

2. If your match has a blow out then you'll rarely see any enemies in the latter half of the week, meaning you still may not make much progress on the achievement anyway.

Of course the counter argument is that you'll have 7 weeks and not every matchup will be a blowout. But still, it's adding more stress to yourself.

Ceres

Banned
People probably just want to be on servers that kill Taco. Bet all the servers with kills got pop boosts!

Yeah, there's been a few PvX guilds that transferred over recently so teq results probably had something to do with that in addition to WvW. Helps that I think we were the only High pop server with more than 10 kills so a cheaper transfer for those looking for a more active server.

Luigi87

100'd SAB finally, and spent all my laurels on T6 mat bags.
Then sold all the T6 mats, except for the Crystalline Dust, which I will use to forge Charged Lodestones that I shall sell.

... I miss my laurels =(

Hyunashi

The point was that if you're on a stacked server, you'll have two problems:

1. You'll be stuck in queues a lot at the beginning of the week, meaning you won't get a lot of playtime towards that meta achievement.

2. If your match has a blow out then you'll rarely see any enemies in the latter half of the week, meaning you still may not make much progress on the achievement anyway.

Of course the counter argument is that you'll have 7 weeks and not every matchup will be a blowout. But still, it's adding more stress to yourself.

The whole ques idea is overblown, at least for SoR. The meta wont even be hard to get, its gonna be built for casuals.

Jira

Your forgetting gw1 pretty much was just an esport with some pve was tacked (In fact it was the strongest section of the game). Then only bad part of the focus is that gw2's structured pvp is kinda crappy but A-net are too resistant to change to fix it and bother adding fundamentally different game types.

Yet they're working on new map types as we speak.

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
Yet they're working on new map types as we speak.

Karl McLain and Roy are are gonna do a livestream on oct 11 to talk about features and adjustments to sPvP coming on oct 15 and as I said in my previous post during the MLG tournament the devs were interviewed but Jon peters couldn't make it and he was suppose to talk about some important stuff. Later he was on twitch chat he asked the other devs if they had talked about game types during the interview but they didn't because he was the one that was suppose to talk about that.

Here the what Karl posted on the forums
Hey all!

We wanted to ‘spoiler’ a couple of patch notes early, so here they are:

Glacial Heart: This trait now delivers an area strike on the target it activates on, damaging and chilling up to 5 enemies in a 180 radius.

Transfusion: This trait now scales with healing power at a 20% rate, where it didn’t previously scale.

Unsteady Ground: This skill no longer damages or cripples enemies. It will now prevent foes from crossing the area, knocking them back a short distance. Lasts for 3 seconds.

Roy and I are scheduled to stream on October 11th where we’ll go over a few more features and adjustments that you’ll see on the mid-october update. Be sure to tune in and check it out!

Complistic

I have a blast jumping in and playing a few pvp matches with gaffers. I'd play more if they varied up the gametypes and gave me more maps. But that's all coming so I'm not going to complain.

I dunno who i was playing with a couple days ago, but we had 2 matches in a row that we won by less 100 points. Was a blast. Necro's dont seem to be high on the kill priority list, but it's gotta be seriously terrifying to watch your health exponentially decrease faster and faster as the battle goes on.

This is for all you Guardians! Never run, never surrender.

http://www.twitch.tv/arken_elric/c/2978067

really nice mate!

You know watching this, I think I can see why Peters always talks about how deathmatch might not work for a game like GW2. What made this exciting was that you had to be stationary, and that creates unfair drama - which is exciting. in a deathmatch situation i think the game would be more limited.

I am looking forward to hearing what game modes they are talking about.

Moondrop

Banned
That Unsteady Ground change will be huge for staff eles in WvW. Can even use it to troll on Skyhammer I bet. Really looking forward to bringing mine back, along with the Lightning Hammer buffs.

swnny

That Unsteady Ground change will be huge for staff eles in WvW. Can even use it to troll on Skyhammer I bet. Really looking forward to bringing mine back, along with the Lightning Hammer buffs.

Ye, all the (sort of deserved) nerfs to eles, the big changes of warriors, necros and engies, pretty much kicked eles out of the meta for far too long. About time anet give them some viable play. And some reworks on conjures are definitely needed, because that's a whole profession(class) mechanic which is completely useless.

Retro

1. Fractals. Soooo much fun, and so much room for future growth.
2. Wallet. I'm a hoarder, so this is a big one for me.
3. World Boss/champ Rewards. Suddenly so much content was getting run and worth doing.

Complistic

I'll say in no particular order

1. AoE looting.
2. World Boss/champ Reward
3. The new magic find system/getting rid of magic find gear.

Retro

Edit: Oh.... hmm... top of the page. Well, in case anyone still needs it;
- Free Trial registration page: https://register.guildwars2.com/tria
- The corresponding Gaming Side thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687497
- Preview of Tuesday's "Twilight Assault" update: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-01-2013/

I'll say in no particular order

1. AoE looting.
2. World Boss/champ Reward
3. The new magic find system/getting rid of magic find gear.

I didn't even think of your 1 and 3. AOE looting is certainly nice, but the new Magic Find system would definitely be my number 4.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
1. Tequatl 2.0; never experienced the exhilaration of taking down a boss with a huge group like that before. I wonder who else out there is in the same category as me. Without paying a monthly fee I dunno where you really got such an experience before now (the Secret World?)
2. Wallet; I was asking for it as of a week or two out from launch when I started crazily running AC. Everything is so seamless now, you just walk up to a vendor and it shows you how much your account has to spend. Just the kind of free, representative convenience I've always counted on Anet for. If only it held Bloodstone Dust ;)
3. Fractals. Even though I'm only on level 26, that's mostly because I spent the initial weeks running <5 runs over and over to help people out and I wasn't even mad. I burned myself out on them a bit but I like almost every single one a lot and I'll be back in there on a fanatical basis when they add the 3 new ones.

Of Permanent stuff, Guild Missions would be my clear number 4... speaking of which, our regularly scheduled mission blitz shall be occurring in about 1.5 hours!

Missed this added to the tuesday release page:
World vs. World Match Rewards

We&#8217;re adding account-based bonus chests at the end of every single WvW matchup! Every player will receive one, two, or three bonus chests depending on their server&#8217;s performance! Once earned, these account-based chests will be come available as your characters gain rank in WvW.
"Every player," for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom