• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

I fucking forgot Guild Missions too! In my defense, I was on my phone and kind of made a quick response, but still... I really like missions so that should have sprung to mind.

Luigi87

Today my friend finally crafted her ascended staff.
Almost immediately afterward she got an ascended chest from Teq.

*twitch*

Retro

So.... erm..... Missions were interesting tonight with DJ Lump on the mumbles. Thanks everyone for coming out and getting their comms. If anyone missed out, general makeups are tomorrow, numbers permitting.

Giard

I believe my server (NSP) has officially given up on ever beating Teq. The last three times I've tried to participate, we were no more than 7-8 people, not far from peak hours. Everyone who wants to fight him is just camping at Blackgate. Pretty depressing.

Proven

The whole ques idea is overblown, at least for SoR. The meta wont even be hard to get, its gonna be built for casuals.
True. But since there's a slight chance they'll go overboard and make them extremely grindy, I didn't put that in my original post.

Whats your top 3 favorite changes/things anet added so far to gw2.

Go!

1. Adjusting tournament mode by dropping the previous tournament ticket system.
2. AoE looting for WvW. Runner up being the adjustment to the badge of honor drop rate.
3. Actually going back and adjusting the skills for Warrior one handed Sword.

markot

Banned
ITS STILL STUPID ASS BAGS THAT ARE THE WORST LOOTING MECHANISM SINCE HITLER!

I mean that was probably how they dropped loot in ww2, I dont know, wasnt there.

Hedge

ITS STILL STUPID ASS BAGS THAT ARE THE WORST LOOTING MECHANISM SINCE HITLER!

I mean that was probably how they dropped loot in ww2, I dont know, wasnt there.

..what? That is an incredibly vile comment to make. I can't even wrap my mind about this.

Arkanius

True. But since there's a slight chance they'll go overboard and make them extremely grindy, I didn't put that in my original post.

1. Adjusting tournament mode by dropping the previous tournament ticket system.
2. AoE looting for WvW. Runner up being the adjustment to the badge of honor drop rate.
3. Actually going back and adjusting the skills for Warrior one handed Sword.

Wait, what?
Did they adjust something?

SmugSnake

Neo Member
Can I get an invite to the guild? I'm currently in Gates of Madness (which really, really, REALLY sucks) but I can afford the transfer.
Character name is Rhen Sethus. Thanks :)

Wait, what?
Did they adjust something?
Warrior sword skills got a major overhaul a month or so ago.

The 3rd part of Skill #1 chain now ends with a cripple attack.
The #2 skill got a cripple effect added.
#3 skill got totally changed. Now it deals damage that gets doubled against enemies with <50% health.
#4 skill gives torment instead of bleeding.

Arkanius

#3 skill got totally changed. Now it deals damage that gets doubled against enemies with <50% health.

:|
Since I came back (Before swapping to hammer) I had been doing the combo all wrong then D:

Proven

The #5 skill also got changed to be a continuous block against projectiles.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, this GW2 controller config keeps freezing on me. Anyone have the full version and know if it... stops it from freezing in W8?

Arkanius

Who is up to teach me how to do Path 2 and 3 in Arah later on?
I feel reluctant to join any LFG group when they say "Experienced players" only

Arkanius

Well, the armor mix and match I'm aiming for the Zerker gear I must obtain if I want to stay relevant in PvE:

ibbcL4VhTdnOQM.png

Minimized the Arah set pieces to only 2!

hythloday

Retro and I have been driving around with a mystery box in the trunk of the car. It was in my parents' place and they finally said "here, take this, it's yours."

Today we finally decided to deal with it. Among other things from my college days, it contained a nice fat binder in which I'd lovingly placed labeled maps of almost every zone and dungeon in EverQuest, printed from the internet and organized with divider tabs.

You kids have it too easy these days in MMOs, with your minimaps and your API applications.

nataku

Retro and I have been driving around with a mystery box in the trunk of the car. It was in my parents' place and they finally said "here, take this, it's yours."

Today we finally decided to deal with it. Among other things from my college days, it contained a nice fat binder in which I'd lovingly placed labeled maps of almost every zone and dungeon in EverQuest, printed from the internet and organized with divider tabs.

You kids have it too easy these days in MMOs, with your minimaps and your API applications.

Call me crazy, but I loved doing that in EQ. Vague printed maps to get around by, not knowing exactly where you were and trying to recognize landmarks. It was a great experience.

TrounceX

Well, the armor mix and match I'm aiming for the Zerker gear I must obtain if I want to stay relevant in PvE:

Minimized the Arah set pieces to only 2!

Looks nice except the CoF boots. I think it's the clawed feet that bug me. The Arah boots would look a lot better imo

Luigi87

/loc for days

Arkanius

Looks nice except the CoF boots. I think it's the clawed feet that bug me. The Arah boots would look a lot better imo

I was trying to minimize the skeletons and hands that show up with the Arah armor.
It also looks good with Arah boots, but it clashes a bit with the armored style

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I believe my server (NSP) has officially given up on ever beating Teq. The last three times I've tried to participate, we were no more than 7-8 people, not far from peak hours. Everyone who wants to fight him is just camping at Blackgate. Pretty depressing.
Poor NSP... you guys just can't catch a break :(

I'd look into joining TTS or another kill squad guild. They are REALLY good and you can listen in on when to coordinate for a kill.

(SBI is also getting pretty good if you wanna guest and hang out)

So, this GW2 controller config keeps freezing on me. Anyone have the full version and know if it... stops it from freezing in W8?
So, assuming you mean Xpadder, the thing is there's no "full version." If you're using the one from the package we made, it's a legacy version but not a trial or anything. You have to set the compatibility mode for it to WinXP. Other than that, I have no real suggestions because it's a pretty stable application in general :( There are some issues with Win8 regardless, so it could be related.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thinking we should set up a NSP mercy killing.
Oh... you're right, this is probably what we should do. I was thinking we'd pick an overflow or whatever...

But yeah. So um, tomorrow night, I want to try a GAF Teq kill.

Would anyone on NSP be amenable to us coming over there to try it?

Saw some random guy who was obviously looking for the way up tribulation cliffs and helped him find the way up and then through the tribulation cave jumping puzzle. Partly for the daily, and partly so I could ask him if he'd done the Forsaken Halls yet. He hadn't. Yay an excuse to go do them again. Love that place. I will lure everyone in there.

Psh, that's nothing. I have lots of maps of Spectrum games carefully drawn by my 6-10 old self. This was not just way before the internet, it was before (the few) game magazines that existed in Spain started including foldout maps. The map I made for The Transformers spanned three full paper sheets taped together.

This is, of course, because I have the worst sense of direction ever and can't get my bearings for shit without some kind of map, either in real life or in games. :D

Korten

Banned
twilightmwpfj.png

Got bored waiting for new stuff.

Damn. D: I wanted to try and get a legendary but I just decided to go and get my weaponsmith to 500 and then make my Asecended greatsword. Which is still going to take a while. D: Those Dragonite/Emp Fragments taking the longest.

But I still envy those with legendaries.

(Also first post on NeoGaf, woo!)

Korten

Banned
Welcome to GAF Korten!

Thanks. :) I signed up a couple of months ago but happy I got accepted less than an hour ago (of the time I am posting this).

Mind if I ask how active the GAF guild is? Even though i'm in Jade Quarry (and in a decent guild), I was thinking of joining the GAF guild if it's active enough to warrant it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tequatl wings are mine!

The worst part about Ascendant weapons for me has to split between grinding to 500 and those damm stars.

Pretty much have everything I need bar the stars and the level requirement. =/

Retro

Mind if I ask how active the GAF guild is? Even though i'm in Jade Quarry (and in a decent guild), I was thinking of joining the GAF guild if it's active enough to warrant it.

433 Members, last culling of inactive players was only 2 months ago. Some people are on every night, a few only on the weekends.

Pretty much always ~10 players on at all times, 30-40 most nights, 50-60 on weekends. Update nights tend to go higher than that, I think for the Queen's Speech invasions we had something like 80+ on. People play across all spectrums as well; Arken says he plays about 40 hours a week, most of it in sPVP (and streaming), lots of GAFers cruise around WvW, lots are in dungeons and fractals as well. I can't remember the last time I had to look outside of GAF to fill a group.

Post your account name.#### and we'll get you an invite. Guild rules pretty much mirror GAF: if you can say it on GAF and not get banned, you can probably say it in guild chat. Lots of info in the first post, including our mission schedule.

Giard

Oh... you're right, this is probably what we should do. I was thinking we'd pick an overflow or whatever...

But yeah. So um, tomorrow night, I want to try a GAF Teq kill.

Would anyone on NSP be amenable to us coming over there to try it?

I'd love it, but I'm not anybody important. :p

Korten

Banned
433 Members, last culling of inactive players was only 2 months ago. Some people are on every night, a few only on the weekends.

Pretty much always ~10 players on at all times, 30-40 most nights, 50-60 on weekends. Update nights tend to go higher than that, I think for the Queen's Speech invasions we had something like 80+ on. People play across all spectrums as well; Arken says he plays about 40 hours a week, most of it in sPVP (and streaming), lots of GAFers cruise around WvW, lots are in dungeons and fractals as well. I can't remember the last time I had to look outside of GAF to fill a group.

Post your account name.#### and we'll get you an invite. Guild rules pretty much mirror GAF: if you can say it on GAF and not get banned, you can probably say it in guild chat. Lots of info in the first post, including our mission schedule.

Alright. :)

Korten.9084.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom