• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Let's try for the reset kill, on NSP. I'm not sure what time or if you'll need to get there before reset. I'd say best to get there at 7:15PM EDT.

To make it clear, we're going to try and all guest and commandeer a Teq attempt on another server. We might get crushed, but please come help out if you can!

Ashodin

Let's try for the reset kill, on NSP. I'm not sure what time or if you'll need to get there before reset. I'd say best to get there at 7:15PM EDT.

To make it clear, we're going to try and all guest and commandeer a Teq attempt on another server. We might get crushed, but please come help out if you can!
Still tomorrow right?

OK I shouted in NSP LA that we'd be gathering experienced taco killers from SBI from 7:15 EDT tomorrow for a kill attempt, will do it again and hopefully we can rally some NSP guilds to turn out and pull this off.

Edit: They're still bitter about last week's WvW thrashing XD.

A couple of Northern Shiverpeak bros who love Taco and are super keen to get into a Taco kill:

Anchoku.8142
Hawken son of Z.1367 (may have to work tomorrow night)

I'll try and get them in, but if I'm not there for any reason I'd be super grateful if someone could send them a whisper and see if they need a ferry or anything.

Shiokazu

im natural of NSP, so i should be there representing the guild.

just because its NSP and its the GAF. i dont know, i feel the calling for this taco tempt

i'll be there.

Ashodin

Going through zone 2 trib mode, what the hell is behind the ninja door in the tribulation cloud pagoda? It looks like a bag with smoke coming out of it...

Guys, I've found a terrible flaw in the game: YOU CAN JUST KEEP BUYING CHARACTER SLOTS.

As a long term sufferer of Altitus, my condition is usually limited in MMOs by some character per server limit (usually around 8). Not here. I can have a fevered dream about an idea for a new character one evening, and the next evening and 800 gems later, I have another character. THIS IS DISASTROUS.

I now have 11 characters. THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE. FIX IT ARENANET.

In related news, I now have a second guardian (this time an Asura). Oh god the Asura heavy cultural armour is glorious. Even tier 1.

I know that there is a Charr Necro and some sort of other human caster (because the human T3 light cultural is delightful) on the horizon. STOP ME PLEASE.

I have zero ascended gear. I don't have a lot of laurels but I do have a lot honor.

Can I deck out all my accessories, trinkets, amulets and stuff with ascended honor bought gear?

i just need honor and some gold right?

I dont even have a lot of guild commadation;( I really shouldnt have used all my laurels on t6 Mats>.<

Virzeth

I have zero ascended gear. I don't have a lot of laurels but I do have a lot honor.

Can I deck out all my accessories, trinkets, amulets and stuff with ascended honor bought gear?

i just need honor and some gold right?

I dont even have a lot of guild commadation;( I really shouldnt have used all my laurels on t6 Mats>.<

Sadly, WvW Laurel merchants also require laurels, just 10 less at the price of 250 badges of honor.
Guild commendation traders sell ascended accessories for 5Gs and 12 commendations, though, and you can also get ascended rings with 10 Pristine Fractal Relics, from BUY-4373.

markot

Banned
I hate Anet some times..

World vs. World Match Rewards

We’re adding account-based bonus chests at the end of every single WvW matchup! Every player will receive one, two, or three bonus chests depending on their server’s performance! Once earned, these account-based chests will be come available as your characters gain rank in WvW.

So, this reward is account bound, but all the other wvwvw shit is character bound... Either one of the other turdlers.

Retro

Guys, I've found a terrible flaw in the game: YOU CAN JUST KEEP BUYING CHARACTER SLOTS.

I now have 11 characters. THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE. FIX IT ARENANET.

I'm pretty sure Xeris mentioned he has twice as many character slots at this point. One of his friends purports to have over 30, I believe he said. You've got the bug, no doubt, but it's a pretty mild case.

So, this reward is account bound, but all the other wvwvw shit is character bound... Either one of the other turdlers.

Well, you get the chests based on your server's placing each week, which isn't exclusive to a single character but your entire account. I admit that it's not ideal and there needs to be a whole lot more that's account bound, but I think in this instance that's really the only option they have.

It's not unreasonable that it's per account. Otherwise people like me would get more chests simply for having more characters.

Actually, MAKE IT PER CHARACTER ANET I WANT FREE THINGS.

xeris

I'm pretty sure Xeris mentioned he has twice as many character slots at this point. One of his friends purports to have over 30, I believe he said. You've got the bug, no doubt, but it's a pretty mild case.

18 now and close to 19. And yeah I know someone with 32 characters/36 slots. For you, it was 11 characters, for me it was last January.

Sadly, WvW Laurel merchants also require laurels, just 10 less at the price of 250 badges of honor.
Guild commendation traders sell ascended accessories for 5Gs and 12 commendations, though, and you can also get ascended rings with 10 Pristine Fractal Relics, from BUY-4373.

Hmmm.

Then the best way would be to get the Amulet and rings from WvW, and then the accessories from Guild trader. That seems doable enough.

I've ignored ascended gear for all this time, just doing other stuff. But I've gotten so many T7 mats now, that I actually want to upgrade my greatsword.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you're at/near/willing to get up to Fractal level 10, that's actually your best bet for rings. You're correct on the other pieces.

markot

Banned
It's not unreasonable that it's per account. Otherwise people like me would get more chests simply for having more characters.

Actually, MAKE IT PER CHARACTER ANET I WANT FREE THINGS.
By anet design, every character I use in wvw gets its own restrictions and contributes to wvw in its own way. So why should rewards bypass that?

Could it be, another screw you to people who play more then one character with their schizophrenic restrictions and choices?

Arkanius

I've reached the conclusion:

The Ascended Weapon Box I've got is only useful if I want to make a Sword/Shield Healing Shouts Warrior.
Which I love, but I feel shitty wasting the Ascended skins on a small Sword instead of a Greatsword or Hammer.

Fuck my life. Even in RNG I'm unlucky. Vitality, Healing Power and Condition Damage? What a fucked up combo

Retro

- New TA path was done by Lief (lead dungeon designer on Molten Facility) and folks doing the Aetherblade Retreat. He called it a "Super Dungeon Design team".
- Yes, he clarified: the old Forward, Up is gone, this replaces it.

Levyne

Banned
- New TA path was done by Lief (lead dungeon designer on Molten Facility) and folks doing the Aetherblade Retreat. He called it a "Super Dungeon Design team".
- Yes, he clarified: the old Forward, Up is gone, this replaces it.

So the most annoying path is gone!

Retro

Kinda spoilers on the dungeon, so tagging these;
- Looks like the first boss encounter requires you to kite oil oozes through a room set on fire and filled with fire elementals to break down a door. One player as a "Ooze Pheromone" buff that needs to lure the ooze while everyone else kills elementals. Looks complicated, but a coordinated group will take it down pretty quick, I bet.

- Existing TA paths have not been changed.
- This new path is permanent and will not be removed.
- Caithe is seriously pissed at Scarlet. She's basically in TA to kill her.
- New enemy type appears to summon a TON of aetherblades when he gets a specific attack off. Interrupts are going to be essential.
- Aetherblade Keys are used on a chest after the dungeon is completed.

Looks like he's stopping before he really digs into the meat of the dungeon. Now some Q&A:
- New weapon skins from this path are permanent.
- New achievements (obviously, he's already mentioned that...)
- This path gives more TA tokens during the next two weeks, but reverts after the event ends.
- New skins are tradeable.

Not a bad stream at all, nice work Lief.

Arkanius

Kinda spoilers on the dungeon, so tagging these;
- Looks like the first boss encounter requires you to kite oil oozes through a room set on fire and filled with fire elementals to break down a door. One player as a "Ooze Pheromone" buff that needs to lure the ooze while everyone else kills elementals. Looks complicated, but a coordinated group will take it down pretty quick, I bet.

- Existing TA paths have not been changed.
- This new path is permanent and will not be removed.
- Caithe is seriously pissed at Scarlet. She's basically in TA to kill her.
- New enemy type appears to summon a TON of aetherblades when he gets a specific attack off. Interrupts are going to be essential.
- Aetherblade Keys are used on a chest after the dungeon is completed.

Looks like he's stopping before he really digs into the meat of the dungeon. Now some Q&A:
- New weapon skins from this path are permanent.
- New achievements (obviously, he's already mentioned that...)
- This path gives more TA tokens during the next two weeks, but reverts after the event ends.
- New skins are tradeable.

Everyone and their mother will be dressed as a vegetable now

Retro

So this went up on Twitter during the stream;
Great Architect is sponsoring a Breast Cancer Awareness campaign for the entire month of October. We encourage all of our guild members, members of the SBI community, and the whole GW2 world to wear pink for the entire month of October. If you are questioned about your pink colors please respond with information about our campaign and direct them to our site and this thread where they can learn more about Breast Cancer Awareness. (source)

I'm nit-picky about my armor, but I usually have an armor detail that I can swap around (usually I change it to our team color for WvW), so I'll probably have some pink during the month. Kind of a cool idea, honestly.

Everyone and their mother will be dressed as a vegetable now

It'll be like the old days when everyone was in COF gear.

Arkanius

So this went up on Twitter during the stream;

I'm nit-picky about my armor, but I usually have an armor detail that I can swap around (usually I change it to our team color for WvW), so I'll probably have some pink during the month. Kind of a cool idea, honestly.

It'll be like the old days when everyone was in COF gear.

Very awesome idea actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom