• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
There are loads of non coaty medium armours.

markmani_2_0_10_0_t.jpg

tuddedi_2_0_10_0_t.jpg

Levyne

Banned
I don't know your race but I like human t2 and to a lesser extent t3. For being a coat, I also like the invader coat you get for gold and badges. Vigil set has been mentioned but I dont care for it much.

Lunar15

Thanks for the run tonight Lazorexplosion and Aodh!

Also, I took a screen from my first run last night. Beautiful dungeon! Also you can catch a glimpse of some really unimportant guy who was in my party. He probably went down immediately after this screenshot.

nataku

My light armored Charr will take all your coat models, since that's just about the only type of armor that looks good on them.

I wish more light armor for Charr looked like coats.

Proven

man, i just read about this shit: Guards of the guild, is it even possible? like, in the end of the mitigation when this build is working you take 0 damage?

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/guardian/zero-damage-it-s-possible

Considering the recent exploit with the armor ability from Flame Ram mastery, we already know that damage reducers combine additively before they affect anything else in the damage formula. So we already knew that Guardians that could get 100% Protection uptime along with that signet could have constant 43% damage reduction.

So yeah, technically what's said in the thread is possible to a point. What's questionable is the whole Healing Power being better than Toughness. It sounds like it should be a break even point. There's also the fact that spike damage exists in this game that should be able to contend with all of this already. And if not, then there are still conditions.

The build is theoretically possible but it loses on practicality with bosses in PvE having enough spike damage to over come this, and WvW and sPvP having enough condition damage to overcome this. And if this ever became practical then something would need to be patched. Guardian (and to a lesser degree Ele) regen are already too strong for my tastes, and this would just increase the staying power of bunker guardians.

Jira

Thanks again for the run Hawkian and company :) Lots of fun tonight.

In case you're lurking the thread, could you guys take a look at the last boss in the path where it feels like you randomly get ported near one of the generators, your camera gets moved, and it feels like you're stuck in place for a few seconds? This happens to me at least once in every attempt of the fight and feels very buggy. Other than that though, it's easily the best dungeon path in the game now. You guys have become progressively better at encounter design and I can't wait to see what's next. Love that there's challenging achievements too and that you guys are attaching rewards to it as a form of cosmetic prestige.

Moondrop

Banned
It should still be possible to knock people in but it'll be trickier- though you can't jump all the way back up anyway so as long as you get them past the first ledge you're good.

Thanks Hawk. I'm glad there's another opportunity to incorporate fall damage, but I'm disappointed at the greater trend to avoid underwater combat rather than fix it (i.e. underwater finishers).

Not to defend the abundance of medium armor coats, but the crafting profession is "Leatherworking." I suppose there could be tunics made of hides.

hythloday

Mad King will slap her around if she even dares.
But seriously, Aetherblades need a Sky Fortress

Maybe they could end up taking over that awesome floaty castle thing in Kessex Hills.

Man I was so disappointed when I found out we couldn't actually go up there.

leng jai

PvE Commander tag shenanigans are always amusing. Say a guy get ripped on map chat for 10 minutes straight after he messed up the order in the Frostgorge champ train. I like the pace of SBI's one - fast enough that you're not wasting time and slow enough so you don't have to struggle to get to each one in time (like on TC).

Thinfinn also gave me his Mini Teq for free just because I was gawking at during our daily Sparkfly camp.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In case you're lurking the thread, could you guys take a look at the last boss in the path where it feels like you randomly get ported near one of the generators, your camera gets moved, and it feels like you're stuck in place for a few seconds? This happens to me at least once in every attempt of the fight and feels very buggy. Other than that though, it's easily the best dungeon path in the game now. You guys have become progressively better at encounter design and I can't wait to see what's next. Love that there's challenging achievements too and that you guys are attaching rewards to it as a form of cosmetic prestige.
Didn't believe me when I said "known bug"? :p
Thanks Hawk. I'm glad there's another opportunity to incorporate fall damage, but I'm disappointed at the greater trend to avoid underwater combat rather than fix it (i.e. underwater finishers).
I actually enjoy underwater combat on my mesmer and thief, but I must admit I don't think it really belongs in sPvP. It's interesting to hear that disappointed you, I'm surprised.

Arkanius

Maybe they could end up taking over that awesome floaty castle thing in Kessex Hills.

Man I was so disappointed when I found out we couldn't actually go up there.

That floating castle has been haunting me since Guild Wars 1
ANet never delivered. I still remember killing Galrath and watching the castle "Man, there must be some sweet quest there"

They probably have no idea what to do with it just like in GW1 and only included it so people didn't complain it got removed for no reason.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I hate the medium armors in GW2. I just use the heritage skins from the HoM on my ranger.
I'm going to end up doing the same. I got my level 39 thief the Order of Whispers armour, but find the coat is too long, the physics when running look horrible, and the textures on the back (where the two buckles that you can't dye are) are really low-rez. I think the HoM coat was the only one I've been able to stomach. And it'll be cheaper than trying to find something that doesn't clip.

Still frustrating. Like they took the GW1 Assassin's weapons/pouches and the threw them willy-nilly on modifications of GW1's Ranger Eye of the North armour.

It's funny to look back at GW1 and see the variation in Ranger armour. Maybe 7 or 8 coats out of 32?

Arkanius

I'm going to end up doing the same. I got my level 39 thief the Order of Whispers armour, but find the coat is too long, the physics when running look horrible, and the textures on the back (where the two buckles that you can't dye are) are really low-rez. I think the HoM coat was the only one I've been able to stomach. And it'll be cheaper than trying to find something that doesn't clip.

Still frustrating. Like they took the GW1 Assassin's weapons/pouches and the threw them willy-nilly on modifications of GW1's Ranger Eye of the North armour.

It's funny to look back at GW1 and see the variation in Ranger armour. Maybe 7 or 8 coats out of 32?

Assassin_Ancient_armor_m.jpg

Great armor design

Arkanius

Speaking of bad armor, anyone see the pictures of the ascended armor floating around? That stuff is a hot mess.

I showed the ingame codes a few days ago.
It's hideous. Which is sad, I was expecting something classy after the Ascended Weapons. I really loved those designs

Lunar15

I showed the ingame codes a few days ago.
It's hideous. Which is sad, I was expecting something classy after the Ascended Weapons. I really loved those designs

I actually might want the light armor top and shoulders for my mesmer. We'll have to see. Either way it's not attractive, and I'm kind of confused why they'd make it so uninteresting. Maybe they did it on purpose so not everyone would have the same kind of armor.

I think you could definitely use pieces of it with other sets though.

Arkanius

I actually might want the light armor top and shoulders for my mesmer. We'll have to see. Either way it's not attractive, and I'm kind of confused why they'd make it so uninteresting. Maybe they did it on purpose so not everyone would have the same kind of armor.

I think you could definitely use pieces of it with other sets though.

Got to sell those Transmutation Stones.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, they're going to be the most desirable pieces of armour for hardcore players, and they're ugly. So you're either going to shell out cash of transmutations stones, use up the ones you have, or remove gold from the economy and buy some gems.

Arkanius

Well, they're going to be the most desirable pieces of armour for hardcore players, and they're ugly. So you're either going to shell out cash of transmutations stones, use up the ones you have, or remove gold from the economy and buy some gems.

I'm not taking part in it, fortunately, We should grind for looks not stats in a game with such a strong PvP component.

Kuraine

Neo Member

Yeah, that was a side effect of preventing folks from getting stuck in the generators. The collision gets smaller once you destroy them. A fix for that and the Clockheart retaining shielding after wipe are both queued up for the
next non-hotfix update.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, that was a side effect of preventing folks from getting stuck in the generators. The collision gets smaller once you destroy them. A fix for that and the Clockheart retaining shielding after wipe are both queued up for the
next non-hotfix update.

Thanks. This just made things a little more annoying after you know what you needed to do but have to induce/eat the mega pound anyways, like being penalized twice.

Arkanius

next non-hotfix update

Ah so it wasn't intended?
We had so many early wipes because of it :(

Ah so it wasn't intended?
We had so many early wipes because of it :(

Oh we were wiping like crazy last night because of that and other reasons. I find it fascinating how after wipe and wipe and wipe a team can just pull one last ditch effort together and get things done. Epic finish to our run last night.

Arkanius

Oh we were wiping like crazy last night because of that and other reasons. I find it fascinating how after wipe and wipe and wipe a team can just pull one last ditch effort together and get things done. Epic finish to our run last night.

That Mesmer must have thought the dungeon was pretty easy!

Levito

Banned
Ran TA with Jira and a few others for the first time last night and it was a lot of fun. Ended up getting a really awesome skin for my staff too.

It really need to find some heavier gear for my Mesmer so I'm not so squishy though.

Arkanius

Ran TA with Jira and a few others for the first time last night and it was a lot of fun. Ended up getting a really awesome skin for my staff too.

It really need to find some heavier gear for my Mesmer so I'm not so squishy though.

Go full Berserker! What could go wrong?

Levito

Banned
I'm coming back to the game after having been gone for quite a while, still trying to get my mind around everything. hah

What are the more popular builds for Mesmer's right now? My traits are all bases on condition damage and my gear reflects that. Is there another route I should go?

Also someone mentioned that WvW is a good place to start earning gear that'll have better defence and what not-- Good bet?

Complistic

This is funny, I was just coming here to ask for mesmer dungeon builds. Thinking of going full zerk, but what weapons/utilities are popular for mesmers right now.

Lunar15

Protip: Don't really worry about builds until after the balance patch in two weeks. You might end up wasting money!

Also, funny enough, I too am looking for a dungeon mesmer build. But i'll wait and see what they get from the balance update before deciding.

Lunar15

When's the balance patch?
#PersonaGAF

PersonaGAF represent!

As far as I know, the balance patch will be with the next two week update, which is on the 15th of this month.

Also, one of my favorite things about the new dungeon are all the little touches in the dialogue that show how aware Anet is about complaints. I'll spoiler the ones I love the best, just in case someone hasn't run it yet:

A lot of the dungeon makes fun of people's hatred for Twilight Arbor. I loved the part where Sparki comments that she hates the deadly blooms, so she lights them all on fire. Also, I like how the first part of the dungeon seems to thematically revolve around showing you old mechanics, such as the blooms and the wurms, and then lighting them all on fire as the dungeon gets progressively more "new", both artistically and mechanically

Not many people commented on it, but Caithe might be the first Dungeon NPC who isn't worthless. By making her not follow you but work in the background, she's still there for dialogue while not standing around, getting downed or attracting aggro. This is definitely a response to dungeon NPC complaints

There's one part where Caithe comments that you never seem to get much credit, even though you're always the one who's actually doing everything. I can't remember the exact line, but I laughed when she mentioned it. Seemed like a dig at Trahearne!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom