• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virzeth

These days people only play games if they're rewarded in some fashion, if the WvW rewards end up sucking because we're in dead last within the Gold league, people aren't going to bother showing up to even try. I don't have the actual quote, but I remember reading that the rewards for placing higher in Silver/Bronze will net you better rewards than lower placement in Gold so that people in SIlver/Bronze will still care to even play. So now we're stuck in a place where we'll get crushed by the better servers and get shit rewards instead of crushing Silver league and getting the best rewards. I play WvW just to PvP, but you can't sit here and tell me that you'd prefer getting stomped while being handed consolation prizes over stomping Silver and getting the best rewards possible. Though it's also possible the rewards mean nothing to you specifically. I dunno I think I'm just bitter about WvW matchups since no one enjoys blowouts on any side.
WvWers, hardcore or not, WvWed for 12 months with no rewards except loot bags, why should that change now?
Being stomped for eight weeks will obviously weed out many so called fairweathers, and for those that would rather have spent at 5 of the 7 weeks (can only be matched up against Mag/SoS/FA so many times) with 600+ PPT just to win Silver, pretty much needing to spawncamp to see some red tags... well, there's always PvE.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes, for any new players or anybody else reading..

Guild mission sat. night fever is at 9:00PM eastern, we blaze through all 4 mission types and you can come hang out with us on mumble. :)

Not sure when I'll be on, but sometime before that, I wouldn't mind punching the Karka Queen, she made a mockery out of us earlier today.

After missions conclude I will be leading for a little bit on whatever BL I can get onto if anyone feels like joining.

Lunar15

We don't even know the rewards yet, do we? If not, I really don't see how it'd make a difference in the first place. Maybe in the next season, but for right now it's so vague that I think people are just playing for the challenge and pride.

BrettWeir

Happy day! Hit 80 on the Necro. I'm done leveling new toons until an expansion comes out (or whenever/however they add new classes). I have zero desire to create a Warrior or Ele. Looking forward to the patch on Tuesday more for the balance changes, than I am the Halloween content.

**Edit....Asura = master race.

ibjeJROnzjPqr0.jpg

Not sure when I'll be on, but sometime before that, I wouldn't mind punching the Karka Queen, she made a mockery out of us earlier today.

You weren't able to take her down after I had to afk?

We should take her down before reset and after to get her back for what she did to us earlier today.

Jira

WvWers, hardcore or not, WvWed for 12 months with no rewards except loot bags, why should that change now?
Being stomped for eight weeks will obviously weed out many so called fairweathers, and for those that would rather have spent at 5 of the 7 weeks (can only be matched up against Mag/SoS/FA so many times) with 600+ PPT just to win Silver, pretty much needing to spawncamp to see some red tags... well, there's always PvE.

Well WvW is going to see a massive injection of PvE players since there's meta achievements involved.

Virzeth

We don't even know the rewards yet, do we? If not, I really don't see how it'd make a difference in the first place. Maybe in the next season, but for right now it's so vague that I think people are just playing for the challenge and pride.

The Leagues

Each world will be matched up with each other world in their league at least once over the course of the season. 1st place in each matchup will gain the world 5 points, 2nd place 3 points, and 3rd place 1 point. At the conclusion of the season, the worlds will be ranked in order of the total number of points they’ve acquired and all players who have completed the season long meta-achievement will be given prizes based on that ranking.

The winning world in each league will unlock a stack of supply dolyak finishers for their use in WvW and PvP. 1st place in the gold league will get a gold dolyak, 1st place in the silver league a silver dolyak, and 1st place in the bronze league a bronze dolyak. Every player will be rewarded with WvW account bonus chests based on the weekly results. This will continue once the season is complete and be a permanent feature of WvW going forward. The rewards for each week will only be available during the following week’s matchup. If you don’t log in during a given week you will not receive the bonus chests for the previous week.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-world-vs-world-season-1/

This is the only official word I've read about it. Other than that, I assume there will likely be something else directly tied to the meta achievement (which is also a requirement for the tiered reward, IIRC, will edit as soon as I find the quote).

Edit_ Devon's word - https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/wuv/Well-played-Anet/first#post2924568

Yeah there's some kind of key you'll get based on how your server did to unlock a chest, we just don't know what's in the chest yet.

Huh, makes sense. Well, PvErs don't spike anyway, we'll see what else we'll be missing out on IF we actually end up in Gold.

Jira

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/welcome-to-world-vs-world-season-1/

This is the only official word I've read about it. Other than that, I assume there will likely be something else directly tied to the meta achievement (which is also a requirement for the tiered reward, IIRC, will edit as soon as I find the quote in this thread).

Yeah there's some kind of key you'll get based on how your server did to unlock a chest, we just don't know what's in the chest yet.

Mxrz

SoR players aren't any better than us. They are more organized and there are more of them, of course. That seems the case with every server imo.

In today's weekly havoc, we kept running into 10 man groups all over our BL. Yeah, we could cat-and-mouse them, draw back, hit and run and all that, and we did some of that, but just isn't all that fun when its your only choice. And fun is the reason we wvw in the first place. So we broke out early and caught up on some pve. We're thinking of trying to gather more people (Maybe get out own 10-15 man group) for havoc'ing next time.

One thing i don't like is the bit of attitude popping up in chat. Had one commander raging lastnight, then saw a couple guys whining about "didnt come here to lose" today. Annoying stuff. Don't really give a shit about rewards, but I do want SBI to stay SBI with the general "screw it, lets have fun" mindset. Not the elitist or whining crap you hear about on other servers.

Ceres

Banned
A lot of our transfers do have that attitude. The problem is 1) fair weathers which we've always had on our own server. And not just casuals but "hardcore" regulars included. There were times we had some really bad vitriol in map chat before KWBH transferred which was our first major transfer. Even before the whole TS incident, I was seeing a lot of trolls dropping crap siege when bannok was leading EB. Or people that built so much siege on top of the repair npc in the keep, there was no way to click on him.
2) the 6+ guilds that basically said "hey we're transferring to your server" without any kind of scouting or what not that came because they wanted to bandwagon and nothing more. Everyone else scouted a few places or had directly known us from previous matchups. They want to win and we're likely hoping to see us win silver once the changes were announced.
Can't really do anything about either situation. Although now that SBI is expensive to transfer to and a good chance of getting into gold for a 5-6 place finish, we won't see many more of these guilds most likely.

Depending exactly how the leagues go, we may see a bit of an exodus 2 months from now but hopefully it won't be nearly as bad as the first one.

Retro

In the interest of keeping things (relatively) tranquil and avoiding this pointless line of discussion further, I won't say anything more on the WvW situation beyond this ...

One thing i don't like is the bit of attitude popping up in chat. Had one commander raging lastnight, then saw a couple guys whining about "didnt come here to lose" today. Annoying stuff. Don't really give a shit about rewards, but I do want SBI to stay SBI with the general "screw it, lets have fun" mindset. Not the elitist or whining crap you hear about on other servers.

... makes me incredibly sad to read. How bad is it going to get when we're bottom feeding in Gold tier, how inhospitable is Map Chat going to be?

I dunno. I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. I'll try to keep my distaste over the situation out of GChat and the OT since we don't need to re-tread the same argument. I'm just incredibly disappointed that this kind of behavior is already starting before the Season even gets underway.

Hzoltan69

I just got an email that someone from China tried to access my account. I never thought this was a thing with GW2.

I'm not at my gaming pc at the moment, so I guess I will see tomorrow if anything happened to my chars or items...

Retro

Guild Missions in one hour! Assume your missionary positions!

I just got an email that someone from China tried to access my account. I never thought this was a thing with GW2.

I'm not at my gaming pc at the moment, so I guess I will see tomorrow if anything happened to my chars or items...

I'm fairly certain they can't access your account until you authenticate via e-mail, but I can't remember if this is something you need to set up or if that's what they're doing automatically. I'm pretty sure they can give you a rollback as well if they got in.

I've gotten that email twice and nothing happened to my account but each time I also changed my password just incase.

Jira

It's the 2nd biggest MMO in the west so it comes with the territory.

Ugh, two consecutive attempts at Flawless Defense only to lose a turret in the final minute both times due to people abandoning the stations altogether. I shouldn't have wasted my time on this.

Complistic

Did they fix that achievement so that you actually need to kill teq? I got it by rallying the server at an odd time of day to just all guard the turrets. So everyone abandoned the dps group, and the whole server defended. And at the time you didn't need to actually kill teq for credit.

On a related note, we beat teq in an overflow with like a minute left. Felt really good.

Retro

Good missions tonight, sorry for everyone who missed out on comms thanks to the bugged Puzzle. Makeups are tomorrow for 3PM Eastern / Noon Pacific (numbers permitting, of course).

So far if I ask PUGs who needs the secret room achievement in the aetherblade path, and tell them to follow Caithe to the room after the boss is dead, and target mark Caithe, one in four PUG players have made it to the secret room.

Victrix

*beard*
Could I get a guild invite? Evilgamer.3964

I added everyone on the officer's list, but no one was on, probably due to the hour :D

Mxrz

Alright. WvW interest officially at zero. Fairweather, etc. etc. yeah. When the dust clears, I hope we're back in silver and some of our more ragey-transfers have moved on.

sPvP go go go.

Raide

I finally made the choice and I am now installing GW2. EU region but is there the usual choice of picking US etc? Would be nice to see some GAF peoples on my travels.

Retro

I finally made the choice and I am now installing GW2. EU region but is there the usual choice of picking US etc? Would be nice to see some GAF peoples on my travels.

EU players can roll on NA servers; lots of your fellow Europeans have come to Stormbluff Isle and reported minimal lag and latency issues.

The only catch is that International Guesting does not work; you can guest on any NA server as long as your account is tied to the NA datacenter, and likewise, to any EU server if you're set to the EU region. That means if you decide to roll on Stormbluff Isle, you can't "Guest" to an EU server, and vice versa. So if having lots of people who speak your specific language or are in your specific primetime is important, you may have to skip on seeing GAFers. You can still belong to the guild, that works across all regions, but guesting doesn't for whatever reason. It would basically just be a chatroom though.

Having said all that, I'd still recommend just rolling on Stormbluff Isle, but it's something I just thought you might want to know.

Taffer

I remember a thread on the official forums ages ago where someone posted the results of some IP tracing thingy or other claiming the EU servers were in Texas.

Raide

Playing a Thief and actually enjoying it. Combat takes a while to adjust to. Stealing is not what I expected. :D Also getting skills using the weapons is pretty cool and gets me to use them all to see what stuff there is.

Arkanius

I had such a busy weekend. Couldn't join you guys for anything.
My University work (and Girlfriend) are siphoning my free time. Pls send help.

Retro

Playing a Thief and actually enjoying it. Combat takes a while to adjust to. Stealing is not what I expected. :D Also getting skills using the weapons is pretty cool and gets me to use them all to see what stuff there is.

Post your username (name.####) for an invite, unless you whispered somebody in-game already.

My University work (and Girlfriend) are siphoning my free time. Pls send help.

Girlfriend / Wife aggro is the worst, and the hits are too strong for anyone to tank. The only reliable, proven method is to get them hooked on the game too.

I want to jump back into this game so badly. I think I made it to lvl 15 as a warrior back in January. Have the classes changed much since the beginning of this year?

Retro

I want to jump back into this game so badly. I think I made it to lvl 15 as a warrior back in January. Have the classes changed much since the beginning of this year?

There was a pretty big balance pass over the summer where just about every profession was touched on. Necromancers were improved quite substantially, but just about everybody got something good. Warriors specifically received quite a few buffs, including an upgrade to Sword skills (Savage Leap now cripples for 3s, Hamstring is replaced entirely with an attack that deals more against enemies below 50% Health and Impale now causes Torment, a new condition). I'm hard pressed to think of anyone who came out the other side of that update with less than they went in with.

And lucky for you, there's another big balance pass coming Tuesday as well, from some leaked notes we saw a while ago it should be pretty good too.

There was a pretty big balance pass over the summer where just about every profession was touched on. Necromancers were improved quite substantially, but just about everybody got something good. Warriors specifically received quite a few buffs, including an upgrade to Sword skills (Savage Leap now cripples for 3s, Hamstring is replaced entirely with an attack that deals more against enemies below 50% Health and Impale now causes Torment, a new condition). I'm hard pressed to think of anyone who came out the other side of that update with less than they went in with.

And lucky for you, there's another big balance pass coming Tuesday as well, from some leaked notes we saw a while ago it should be pretty good too.

Should I just start over? I dont remember anything from when I played earlier this year.

Retro

Should I just start over? I dont remember anything from when I played earlier this year.

Nah, if you're level 15, you're not past any point where you can't just pick it back up and figure it out. The only thing you're not going to be able to 'catch up' on is the Living Story, which has basically been "Bad guys are working together to do bad things and we're not 100% sure why." That's really all WE know, honestly, though there's returning characters and such that you might bump into in the future. Since Tuesday's update is also the Halloween update, it probably won't be too story heavy either.

Jump in, have fun. Post your name.#### for a GAFGuild Invite and there will be plenty of people on to answer any questions you have (not that you can't ask them here too, of course).

Nah, if you're level 15, you're not past any point where you can't just pick it back up and figure it out. The only thing you're not going to be able to 'catch up' on is the Living Story, which has basically been "Bad guys are working together to do bad things and we're not 100% sure why." That's really all WE know, honestly, though there's returning characters and such that you might bump into in the future. Since Tuesday's update is also the Halloween update, it probably won't be too story heavy either.

Jump in, have fun. Post your name.#### for a GAFGuild Invite and there will be plenty of people on to answer any questions you have (not that you can't ask them here too, of course).

Thank you. You are a very good person.

Victrix

*beard*
Who wants to run Ascalon Catacombs path 2 explorable with me?

I just started doing dungeons this weekend, and I can't seem to get a group for that one. All the LFG groups are 'level 80 experienced only' and asking in guild chat didn't get any replies.

Retro

Thank you. You are a very good person.

Hahaha, no. I'm a grumpy old man who yells at clouds, you just haven't gotten to know me yet.
JUWnj.gif

Who wants to run Ascalon Catacombs path 2 explorable with me?

I just started doing dungeons this weekend, and I can't seem to get a group for that one. All the LFG groups are 'level 80 experienced only' and asking in guild chat didn't get any replies.

I'd certainly be willing to go, but if you mean now, that's going to be a problem since I'm posting from my phone in bed. I'll be on tomorrow, but I'm guessing there's a significant time difference. What times are best for you, maybe we can hit it early (for you) / late (for me)?

TrounceX

Can confirm it will be a pretty big update if they decide to go through with all of it at once.

New healing skills for all professions inbound.

Retro

Can confirm it will be a pretty big update if they decide to go through with all of it at once.

New healing skills for all professions inbound.

Even without that (which, honestly, is overdue, most professions have one, maybe two that are decent), the leaked notes we saw earlier, if true, would make this a pretty significant update.

Even without that (which, honestly, is overdue, most professions have one, maybe two that are decent), the leaked notes we saw earlier, if true, would make this a pretty significant update.
Always was kind of funny that warriors are one of the few classes all useful healing skills. Each one would tie in quite well in different builds.

Victrix

*beard*
I'd certainly be willing to go, but if you mean now, that's going to be a problem since I'm posting from my phone in bed. I'll be on tomorrow, but I'm guessing there's a significant time difference. What times are best for you, maybe we can hit it early (for you) / late (for me)?

Any time in the evening really, Kerus Tel Veren in game, I just wanna see all the dungeon paths :D

My experiences with LFG have been kinda cruddy so far :( I did routes 1/3 of AC and route 1 of CM, but they were just blitz speedrun/skip everything deals. Which is cool for people who have done them a million times, somewhat less for someones first trip D:

I now have enough of my family (me, my parter and my sisters) playing that we can four-man dungeons, communicating across continents on Skype.

We've done TA and AC story modes together.

So much fun!

For one of my sisters this is her first experience of doing a dungeon in anything.

Hopefully my other sister's husband will start playing when he submits his masters dissertation later this year since they EQ together and we'll have five!

Hyun Sai

Hi guys, I tried the game last week, but the keyboard control is killing my left hand as I feared.

Is this game playable with a 360 Pad + Xpadder ?

Thanks.

BrettWeir

Hi guys, I tried the game last week, but the keyboard control is killing my left hand as I feared.

Is this game playable with a 360 Pad + Xpadder ?

Thanks.

Quite a few guys play with a 360 pad. Hawkian should be able to point you in the right direction.

Can't WAIT until tomorrow! WTB class update changes ASAP~! I am REALLY hoping for some good Ranger updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom