• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxious

It's been quite some time since I played this game, tried to sign in to download the client again but forgot my password. And seeing as I don't have my serial number anymore, I'm now waiting for Customer support to help me out :(

It's been quite some time since I played this game, tried to sign in to download the client again but forgot my password. And seeing as I don't have my serial number anymore, I'm now waiting for Customer support to help me out :(

They are usually really quick so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Ceres

Banned
Yea, was finally able to reset my password just now. Now to see what server I'll join. I might join GAF once more, but my main issue is the fact that I'm European.

If you've deleted your characters or you're just getting the option to choose a new server and can pick US, you can join a US server (Stormbluff Isle to play with GAF). There's a few here in Europe that now play on SBI. Guesting doesn't work across EU <-> US so there's that.

Which reminds me I have a second account I never play on Piken. Wanted to try some WvW in Europe but I never got further than creating Mr Huggles

Retro

Before Halloween starts, Hythloday and I would kind of like to do the new TA path before everyone abandons it for the new hotness. Anybody up for some Columbus Day TA?

Ceres

Banned
Before Halloween starts, Hythloday and I would kind of like to do the new TA path before everyone abandons it for the new hotness. Anybody up for some Columbus Day TA?

I'm a poor soul working today but I'd do it tonight. Still need 5 achievements.

If I wasn't working I'd be up for it. I'll be around later tonight if anyone wants to run anything.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll gladly do the new TA path tonight after work.
Hi guys, I tried the game last week, but the keyboard control is killing my left hand as I feared.

Is this game playable with a 360 Pad + Xpadder ?

Thanks.
Let me know if you have any issues with the setup RobbieH linked.

edit: wonder how you guys did on ac2, I miss ghostbusting.

I'll gladly do the new TA path tonight after work.

Let me know if you have any issues with the setup RobbieH linked.

edit: wonder how you guys did on ac2, I miss ghostbusting.
Don't know if they finished but they didn't like that the LFGers they got wanted to skip and cheese everything.

Retro

AC2 run was about what I expected from LFG: everyone cheesed and sped their way through. None of the boss fights were legit; Spider Queen was cheesed, skipped Kholer, did the Breeder Trap legit (I dunno how that could be cheesed otherwise), and pre-loaded Ghost Eater by loading all three trap from range and resetting if he pulled.

Gotta put newbie run in the description or something!

We did, people don't read.

AC2 run was about what I expected from LFG: everyone cheesed and sped their way through. None of the boss fights were legit; Spider Queen was cheesed, skipped Kholer, did the Breeder Trap legit (I dunno how that could be cheesed otherwise), and pre-loaded Ghost Eater by loading all three trap from range and resetting if he pulled.

We did, people don't read.

I got kicked from a LFG group because I didn't want to cheese Ghost Eater. My entire argument was that if they'd have just played it out like normal we'd have already been done. It's not like the fight is unbearably hard.

I hate when people skip Kholer too. I want that chest. I don't care that it doesn't give me anything worth much 95% of the time. I want it. It's 0% of the time that I'll get something worthwhile if I never get to it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Aww, nobody on LFG ever does Kholer ;_;

Did you ask anything of the people when they entered? I always try to put an explanatory description, then reaffirm when I see somebody join that they read/understood it with the obvious option to leave right up front if they're looking for something else. :)

I read about a new pro technique for ghost eater the other day; with managing defiant you can push/pull it into an unloaded trap, then tap out a bunch of oozes and have everyone immediately shoot them with 1, so they get sucked up into the trap and spring it right away, then you don't have to worry about pre-loading or pulling them in the air from far away. Would take someone who knew what they were doing to position the ghost eater but sounds like it could be fun.

edit: Kholer's a fun fight and screw the spawned chest, he drops a champ box! :p

Retro

I got kicked from a LFG group because I didn't want to cheese Ghost Eater. My entire argument was that if they'd have just played it out like normal we'd have already been done. It's not like the fight is unbearably hard.

I hate when people skip Kholer too. I want that chest. I don't care that it doesn't give me anything worth much 95% of the time. I want it. It's 0% of the time that I'll get something worthwhile if I never get to it.

I've seen that chest drop the axe precursor. I forget who got it, it was probably a year ago...

And yeah, Ghost Eater took longer because of the pre-loading traps. It also dragged out because they ran past all of the mobs, but as usual not everyone knew the plan so the pug elementalist, Victrix and I both kind of lagged behind and ended up getting hit, slowed and downed by the packs of slimes, gravelings and ghosts trailing behind them.

If the first guy hadn't walked into Story Mode and then gone AFK for a smoke (literally; he joined the group and said "Gonna go have a smoke, brb"), and if we hadn't been slowed down by shortcuts, we could have beaten it before Kos had to leave.

I've seen that chest drop the axe precursor. I forget who got it, it was probably a year ago...

And yeah, Ghost Eater took longer because of the pre-loading traps. It also dragged out because they ran past all of the mobs, but as usual not everyone knew the plan so the pug elementalist, Victrix and I both kind of lagged behind and ended up getting hit, slowed and downed by the packs of slimes, gravelings and ghosts trailing behind them.

If the first guy hadn't walked into Story Mode and then gone AFK for a smoke (literally; he joined the group and said "Gonna go have a smoke, brb"), and if we hadn't been slowed down by shortcuts, we could have beaten it before Kos had to leave.

kos ruining parties. I forget if it was neko or his friend that got the axe precursor and it was from the mid boss in se path 1 I believe. I think some guy on reddit got a drop from kholer

Levyne

Banned
Elal got the axe precursor from SE1, Kanik got it from Kholer.

I dunno. I don't lose any sleep skipping him. Killed him so many times anyway. Not saying that "full run" lfg requests should go ignored, though.

Retro

Nah, Kos told us well in advance he only had about 40 mins to do it.

Anyways, yeah; loot drops everywhere, so why skip anything? Speed running may be more efficient for grinding tokens or whatever, but in LFG? No, too many people have too many different cheese methods to expect that to go smoothly.

Edit: That's right, it was Kanik. Couldn't believe that when it happened.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, Kholer also grinds pugs that don't know what they're doing into fine dust. It's just a fun fight for people that do though, I wish it were more common. Especially satisfying on my mesmer :p

kos ruining parties. I forget if it was neko or his friend that got the axe precursor and it was from the mid boss in se path 1 I believe. I think some guy on reddit got a drop from kholer

You just reminded me that next time I'm online I'm kicking you off the guild because you never play and I hate you.

Hzoltan69

There really is a world of difference between doing dungeons with PUGs and guildies.

Nearly all LFG groups just do speedruns, skipping things and stacking in corners and such, which - to me - takes all the enjoyment out of a dungeon run.

Whenever I run with GAF on the other hand, I have fun - nobody's in a hurry, everyone is patient and willing to help, and it's obvious that people are doing it for the fun, not just the rewards.

Unfortunately I had to do a few LFG runs recently, because most of the time I find it hard to put a full group together from GAF (being rarely on during NA peak hours). These runs really had me thinking about how I want to play this game.

Retro

Live Stream is over, here's the notes:

Misc:
- Lots more coming tomorrow, this is just a brief overview.
- Chilled now causes your recharge timers to turn blue so you can easily see what's going on.
- AOE skills no longer skip targets who are blocking or evading. They will now count as a target.
- Stunbreakers now work on launch / blowout.
- Immobilize now stacks in duration, rather than replacing itself.
- Sigil of Paralyzation was bugged and was scaling up, it's been changed so stunlocks aren't quite so problematic now.
- Tab Targeting now prioritizes players over NPCs, Mesmer Clones are considered players however. No more spirit / pet targeting.
- Condition Floaters look pretty cool.

Elementalist
- Elementalist Water Staff Support improved (auto attack heals, geyser radius increased)
- One with Air now grants temporary "Super Speed" on switch.

Engineer
- Engineer Turret targeting looks nice.
- Elixir S now grants stealth 100%, Elixir B is always Stability.
- Bomb kits normalized? Some fucking telemarketer called so I couldn't hear.
- Bomb kits do not explode faster.

Guardian:
- Focused Mind now gives you fury on Mediation use, all Meditations are now instant baseline.
- Hallowed Ground now grants stability and boon duration.
- Purging Flames now reduces condition duration when in AOE, removes 3 conditions on cast.

Mesmer:
- Power Cleanse and Power Break now apply their effects in a radius, so they're now support options. Mesmers have AOE Condition removal and Stability now.
- Scepter 2 and 3 skills cooldowns reduced. Scepter still needs work, they said.

Ranger:
- Sick 'em now applies Reveal to your target, preventing them from stealthing for 4 seconds. Works good on downed enemies, no more shadow refuge revives, apparently.
- Companion's Defense (Minor trait) now applies protection to your pet when you start a dodge roll, then applies it to the Ranger at the end.
- Fern Hound now heals, I think he said it applies a 1k AOE heal now, so your pet can heal people.
- Ranger Pets have more HP now, to bring them in line with other pet classes.

Necro:
- Lifeforce Bar changed slightly to be more accurate.
- Transfusion now heals allies, when you exit deathshroud it has an AOE heal as well. Didn't catch what the traits were, sorry Necros.
- Blood Thirst changed, lower life steal, but because of this other vampiric abilities are stronger.
-Vampiric Master healing reduced 16%, but injures enemies now.

Thief:
- "Lots of cool changes"
- Signet of Mercy is now a ground-target rez. (Elementalists got a similar change to Glyph of Renewal)
- Venomous Aura radius increased.
- Body Shot (Mainhand Pistol #2) now immobilizes.
- Roll for initiative removes immobilize so you don't roll in place.
- Blinding Powder is now a Blast Finisher.

Warrior:
- Lung Capacity and Empower Allies have switched places for better synergy with Shrug it Off.
- Increased Vigorous Shout's base healing by 25%, scaling with +Healing power improved as well.
- Staggering Blow (Hammer skill) can now be used while moving.

Time to make my Engi BOMB build for WvW Zergs so I can join the frontline hammer train with my Engi. Could also make bombs heal aswell so it should be grrreat!

Retro

Underwhelming Ranger changes. Unsurprising though.

That wasn't all of them, that's just the stuff they showed quickly. It was like they spent maybe 3 or 4 minutes on each profession, and a big chunk of the ranger stuff was explaining how pet HP has been increased.

Levyne

Banned
I'm not holding my breath.

I guess I can comment on specifics though.

- Sick 'em now applies Reveal to your target, preventing them from stealthing for 4 seconds. Works good on downed enemies, no more shadow refuge revives, apparently.

I mean, they didn't take anything away from sic em so it's only an upgrade, but it's only a skill you'd slot as a roamer (or in pve where the reveal is pointless) for a class that is already a decent roaming class. It's still only 4 seconds on 40 or 32 traited. I think putting it on "Guard" with a limited aoe reveal would be much nicer, and much better up time. It seems kind of silly that a skill that would reveal an enemy would require a target. So you have to get it on them before they stealth, which would be okay if the duration was longer..

- Companion's Defense (Minor trait) now applies protection to your pet when you start a dodge roll, then applies it to the Ranger at the end.

Nearly inconsequential. An extra .75 seconds (plus whatever boon duration +) of protection on the ranger.

- Fern Hound now heals, I think he said it applies a 1k AOE heal now, so your pet can heal people.
- Ranger Pets have more HP now, to bring them in line with other pet classes.

1k aoe heal is nearly nothing, but increased pet hp is nice sounding, should it be significant. Would help get off all the of the more useful roars (Stalker might, drakehound immobile, wolf fear.)

docbon

Engineer
- Engineer Turret targeting looks nice.
- Elixir S now grants stealth 100%, Elixir B is always Stability.
- Bomb kits normalized? Some fucking telemarketer called so I couldn't hear.
- Bomb kits do not explode faster.

Turret changes own.

Elixirs without RNG owns.

??? at bombkits.

And why mention something you didn't change???

Necro:
- Lifeforce Bar changed slightly to be more accurate.
- Transfusion now heals allies, when you exit deathshroud it has an AOE heal as well. Didn't catch what the traits were, sorry Necros.
- Blood Thirst changed, lower life steal, but because of this other vampiric abilities are stronger.
-Vampiric Master healing reduced 16%, but injures enemies now.

Don't curr about the lifeforce bar change.

Transfusion already heals allies via life transfer. Might have meant that Tranfusion and Deathly Invigoration were consolidated into one trait, which means a new one will appear in tomorrow's patch.

Interesting to see Bloodthirst changed to provide even less healing after players incessantly complaining about the low siphon amount that scaled horribly with healing power. I guess they want players to have a more active role when it comes to siphoning health?

Vampiric master change is... interesting, I guess. The interaction between bloodthirst and vampiric master is doubly nerfed in exchange for bigger damage numeros.

That still leaves some possible changes in Vampiric, Vampiric Precision, Vampiric Rituals, and the potential new trait.

Bomb kit was fixed because they were very inconsistent and with increased radius they will hit more enemies, and hit them all the time.

Levyne

Banned
Looks like we're gonna slip into silver. Hopefully we face FA more than a a couple times and Dragonbrand hasn't completely fallen off a cliff.

Retro

??? at bombkits.

And why mention something you didn't change???

I didn't catch what was said about Bomb Kits because my phone rang. It sounded like he said that "Bomb kits are now normalized". I'm going through the live stream now to see what was said.
Edit: Kos is right, it sounds like bomb kit had some inconsistencies with traits like Bigger Explosions, base bomb radius was increased.

The comment about the explosion time being unchanged was in response to someone in chat asking, I believe.

Don't curr about the lifeforce bar change.

Transfusion already heals allies via life transfer. Might have meant that Tranfusion and Deathly Invigoration were consolidated into one trait, which means a new one will appear in tomorrow's patch.

Interesting to see Bloodthirst changed to provide even less healing after players incessantly complaining about the low siphon amount that scaled horribly with healing power. I guess they want players to have a more active role when it comes to siphoning health?

Vampiric master change is... interesting, I guess. The interaction between bloodthirst and vampiric master is doubly nerfed in exchange for bigger damage numeros.

That still leaves some possible changes in Vampiric, Vampiric Precision, Vampiric Rituals, and the potential new trait.

I don't know Necros very well, so a lot of what they were saying, I just didn't grasp. I'm watching the video now to clarify.

Edit: Okay.
Transfusion and Deathly Invigoration seem to be healing more. It doesn't look like they're consolidated, they were just saying that they improved the healing, but saying it in a really weird way. These guys seemed kind of uncomfortable on camera, I think.
Blood Thirst was reduced to a 20% increase, but the base lifesteal of many abilities and traits were increased "quite a bit." They didn't reduce the amount of lifesteal you can obtain with Blood Thirst, but they increased the base to about 80% of what Blood Thirst actually is. So you now have a lot more baseline lifestealing without having to trait for it, I guess.
Vampiric Master didn't deal damage on siphon, now it does. The lifesteal effect was reduced by 16% at base level.

Ceres

Banned
Looks like we're gonna slip into silver. Hopefully we face FA more than a a couple times and Dragonbrand hasn't completely fallen off a cliff.

Anyone know if The Balance still on DB? I've seen a random few running around SBI from time to time. Figured they didn't want to transfer but stayed with the guild.

Levyne

Banned
Unsure. All I know is that Drangonbrand is "dead", a sinking ship. So unless their server loyalty was higher than their guild loyalty, I bet they are gone.

swnny

I was skeptical about the sick 'em addition, but I'm really pleased with what I saw. At last some (minor) counter to stealth... The game could use some more skills like that. I hope they continue to develop on top that idea.
As far as other changes are concerned, I'll wait for the full notes tomorrow. After 3(!!!) months of z-e-r-o balance changes, Anet better deliver something really good tomorrow...

th3dude

I can't wait to have a little more time to play this game with you all. Work and school are tough right now and I'm also in the process of moving. I feel like I'm missing so much of the new content. Soon though!

I got a little bored with my Warrior (greatsword and longbow) so I started a pistol/pistol thief. Loving it so far but I wish so much I could get him to 80 faster. He's only in the mid 20s right now, and that's after a birthday boost to 20.

Maybe I also need to investigate warrior builds that is find more fun, but that pistol build is so fun.

Ceres

Banned
Oh, is "The Balance" Rook's guild? I knew they moved to BG, I just didn't put 2 and 2 together, haha

Yep, I used to like running with Rook on SBI. Was kind of sad they moved at first but they got what they deserved with DB after skeppi was an ass when they left after some people raised their eyes at their choice of servers.

Jira

So we all just met to work out the logistics around the Collaborative Dev initiative and we will be opening the topics for listing your top three areas for discussion once the text has been localized. I will keep you all up to date with our progress and expect the request for discussion topics to go live in the next day or two.

Chris

Mxrz

Dunno about anyone else, but we're pulling for Mag or FA to take 6th. Gold pretty much means our weekend roaming is dead as we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom