• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this matchup reminds me of being on TC. You can't do shit since everything is taken over by a T1 server. Even if you try, you'll just get roflstomped, lol. I hope we're not Gold, that would be awful.

Mxrz

We're set for #7 now. Long as Mag doesn't quit, we should be okay. Won't get to face TC like I wanted, but at least we'll be able to play on the weekend in silver.

Kite

Even without that (which, honestly, is overdue, most professions have one, maybe two that are decent), the leaked notes we saw earlier, if true, would make this a pretty significant update.
These new ones are OP as hell (if what I've seen are true), especially that mesmer one o_O

Levyne

Banned
The primetime fights have been amazing, I'm going to miss those. I understand that it can be un-bearable outside of that time, though.

markot

Banned
I don't see how a gendered insult is helping matters. There is nothing fun about not being able to do anything on any map. I enjoyed last week's matchup; that had the right amount of challenge and activity.

lol?

pussy_cat.jpg

I wish they'd remove the increasing damage with increasing range from ranger longbows and mesmer greatswords, it makes this dumb situation where they're either not that useful because they're standing too far back to share anything with allies or their not that useful because they're stacked with their allies and therefore too close to do much damage.

les-miserables--jean-valjean-est-hugh-jackman-default-28386-0.jpg

If we earn Gold, we are condemned.
If we stay Silver, we are damned!

I am the commander of hundreds of zerglings.
They ride my loot train.
How can I abandon them?
How would they rank
If I don't make it rain?

If we earn Gold, we are condemned.
If we stay Silver, we are damned!

SBI?
Can we condemn this realm to tragedy?
Pretend we do not feel that agony?
These innocents who shun that fate,
And PvDoor all night and day

SBI?
Can we try to golem rush once more?
Pretend they help when we go to war?
And should we try to grab supply
Then log off and say goodbye?

Must we lie?
How can we ever face our fellow men?
How can we ever face ourselves again?
Our fate belongs to Gold, we know
We began that trek long ago
We've earned our rank when rank was naught
We've earned karma with which our gear was bought

SBI? SBI?
Gold we're truly not!

And so Maguuma, your rank is true
Our placement rests well behind you!

SBI?
Silver is our spot!

markot

Banned
Yeah sure if you trust 'that' site, but the site I visit says you are going down to gold league for everrrrrrrrrr.

Sea of Sorrows 5 5 1781.429 (-11.894) 1793.323
Stormbluff Isle 6 (+2) 8 1766.411 (+17.001) 1749.410
Maguuma 7 7 1765.433 (-4.079) 1769.512
Fort Aspenwood 8 (-2) 6 1750.665 (-37.232) 1787.897

imagine proper formatting!

BrettWeir

Patch day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am excite~

Ack! Better get in my nodes before the change!

Can't wait to see ALL the class changes. Especially Ranger!

do you get rewards based on rankings?

/noob

From my understanding of the new Seasons, yes. Gold, silver, and bronze level based rewards.

Artadius

I played for about a month, maybe two at launch and I think I'd like to come back and experience some more GW2.

I'm on Maguuma currently... how much would it cost for me to transfer to NeoGAF's server since I really do enjoy WvW and would prefer rolling with a guild who participates?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I played for about a month, maybe two at launch and I think I'd like to come back and experience some more GW2.

I'm on Maguuma currently... how much would it cost for me to transfer to NeoGAF's server since I really do enjoy WvW and would prefer rolling with a guild who participates?
Unfortunately, SBI is a "Very High" server which means an 1800 gem transfer fee. Actually...
Don't have much else in NA these days...

Maguuma is pretty competitive in WvW, and you can guest to do everything else with us if you like, but it's up to you. If you're at "endgame," you could earn the gold for the transfer in a few days easily.

Patch notes are up!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
And to me it looks like a fireman!

Some halloween deets:
-Bloody Prince and Mad King have their own doors in the open world
The Mad King’s Labyrinth has been thrown into conflict as the Mad King’s and Bloody Prince’s armies clash. Watch the Thorns bicker in the map as their forces fight for control. Three legendary bosses patrol the maze: the Skeletal Lich, the Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn, and the Labyrinthine Horror.
The Mad King’s Clock Tower has returned with all of its jumping challenges. While ascending the tower, the player will remain fully visible, but fellow players will be shown with a mist effect.

Proven

Bah, they fixed/nerfed Quick Breathing. Although I'm not sure if the "remove more than one condition issue" ever happened with regularity.

docbon

Re: Necro changes

Tranfusion, deathly invigoration, and ritual mastery together is insane. With all cleric's gear (except accessory slots, which are berserker), I can pull off 5100~ hp heals every 34 seconds with life transfer, and 950~ heals every seven seconds when coming out of life shroud-- both in an AOE. I can then use my actual healing ability, well of blood, for a 7k self heal, followed by another 7k hot over the duration of 10 seconds, every 32 seconds.

edit: I can also maintain perma-regen on a group for 304~ hp a second using my staff 2 skill.

Fucking nuts.

leng jai

Re: Necro changes

Tranfusion, deathly invigoration, and ritual mastery together is insane. With all cleric's gear (except accessory slots, which are berserker), I can pull off 5100~ hp heals every 34 seconds with life transfer, and 950~ heals every seven seconds when coming out of life shroud-- both in an AOE. I can then use my actual healing ability, well of blood, for a 7k self heal, followed by another 7k hot over the duration of 10 seconds, every 32 seconds.

Fucking nuts.

What's the use of being OP if you don't play GW2 Doc?

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
Somethings going on in Kessex Hills Majory and Kasmeer are there investigating an invisble barrier set up by the krait over Vaithan Lake that not allowing anyone to get in also the forest that was there has been completely chopped down and the Village North of viathan Lake that was in ruins has been completely wiped out and a tower of smoke is rising from the lake.

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
This concept art may also be relevant its a concept for a Krait Obelisk

Interesting read on the krait on the wiki:
Krait structures, often titled with the word "Deeps" (e.g., Stygian Deeps and Stormwreck Deeps), stretch from the ocean depths to just above the surface. Their cities are often built around one or more of the great obelisks, elaborately built to incorporate coral reefs and natural caverns. The city usually contains underwater hatcheries, palatial living areas, arenas for gladiatorial combat, and long lines of glowing road markers which can be seen from the surface. Slaves are penned in small chambers at the top of the structures until it is time to be eaten or sacrificed. This top part is often built from shipwrecks or materials stolen from the land.

Krait Religion
Religion is at the heart of krait society, and in turn, the obelisks are at the heart of krait religion. The obelisks are rare, eerily smooth stones made from a unique material found on the ocean floor. According to the Oratuss, the priesthood of the krait, the obelisks mark the sites of the "ascension" of ancient krait prophets to some higher realm, but land-based scholars speculate that they are simply ancient krait monuments whose purpose have been long-forgotten due to the oral nature of the krait's religious texts.

Krait doctrine fortells the return of the obelisks' prophets, bringing with them massive armies to flood the surface of the world and destroy other species. It is to these prophets that the krait sacrifice their slaves, believing that they will serve the prophets as they expand their otherworldly armies. The krait regularly use magical and mathematical means to attempt to predict the time of the prophets' return, but have yet to be successful.

Like their obelisks, all krait are steadfast and immobile in their beliefs. Their legends say those on land were driven out of the sea by the prophets and forbidden to return. This regarded with a degree of scepticism by other races but the krait refuse to listen such things and are happy to kill to ensure that the krait religion is not defamed. All krait are willing to die for the continuity of their species and for the cause of their prophets.

The religion of the krait is what allows the Oratuss to control the entire race. Religious "texts" followed by the krait are passed down verbally through these priests and priestesses. The vast length of the texts allows the priests, who have dedicated their lives to the texts, to make subtle changes to the wording and manipulate the interpretation of their legends to serve their purposes and support their power.

BrettWeir

Oh god....that shield and staff! I have 1 BL ticket....to buy more keys or not?! I love you Anet.

Oh .. and I'm not into mini's, but OMG......mini baby ghost trick or treat quaggan?!!!! /dead

Retro

Oh god....that shield and staff! I have 1 BL ticket....to buy more keys or not?! I love you Anet.

Oh .. and I'm not into mini's, but OMG......mini baby ghost trick or treat quaggan?!!!! /dead

If they did any kind of Quaggan Merchandise, from plushes to ceramics to Christmas tree ornaments and anything (literally, anything) in between, they will be printing money. I'm completely gobsmacked there's nothing out there.

Westraid

Been looking forward to the Mad King's Clocktower jumping puzzle all year.
Was going for 100 wins, but decided to quit at 74 because my fingers were about to fall off. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom