• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

Sometimes I see Jira online, but Ashodin is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a pizza.

I was playing yesterday and as some of you know I'm working now and it's very odd hours so I don't have a consistent schedule. I'll be on in a bit after I eat though. Pizzadin doesn't play much anymore, but I still do when I have time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Getting mailed a glory booster for reaching spvp lvl 20 is almost a slap in the face. It's the equivalent of mailing everyone a karma jug for reaching pve level 80.
Not totally positive, but pretty positive, that you get the glory booster for reaching actual level 20, not SPvP level 20. And the WXP booster for reaching level 15. Which sounds about right I think.
Gotta thank Hawkian for running around 2 servers with me last night. I finally got the achievement for Taidha and finished up my boss achievement list. Four different tries at her and finally it happened.
She's nasty now, damn! I think they fixed/kinda fixed the pre-event sequence to be more reliable, but it's a legit fight now. Should be buffed rewards.
First few months of the game we used to do guild events where we wpuld go and get all the hearts, pois, vistas and skill points on 1 map and I think many people enjoyed that.

Looks like with the influx of returning and new players we should try doing that again because many of us who have played since day 1 have alts that they could bring to event or even thier mains of they just want to explore and help out.
An old-fashioned zone mob. Good stuff, will be better than before cause of the champions. We could vote on where to go.... feel free to nominate zones.

I did a dungeon with both Ash and Jira like two or three nights ago. Believe!

edit: I will, sadly, be out of town this weekend but we can feel free to set it up for whenever Victrix/others have the most time.

Ashodin

I have

5bn6Szul.png

a game to make.

And

a Kickstarter to organize on the 1st. I'm busy.

Moondrop

Banned
Not totally positive, but pretty positive, that you get the glory booster for reaching actual level 20, not SPvP level 20. And the WXP booster for reaching level 15. Which sounds about right I think.

Ok, I stand corrected. Nataku pointed this out as well but I only listen to Hawkian. :p

Map mobs sounds like fun; I'll try to attend. I have a baby engi but it still hasn't clicked for me. Might bring ele; need the practice.

An old-fashioned zone mob. Good stuff, will be better than before cause of the champions. We could vote on where to go.... feel free to nominate zones.

I did a dungeon with both Ash and Jira like two or three nights ago. Believe!

edit: I will, sadly, be out of town this weekend but we can feel free to set it up for whenever Victrix/others have the most time.

I would be up for this, even if it was clearing the three Orr zones of skills, waypoints, and vistas.

Retro

I'm thinking I need to organize a gaf event for the weekend or something, I reallllllllly don't want to do all the mid-high levels zones completely alone for every heart/event. I wouldn't be able to do the group events, and running around alone for hours sucks.

If you see me on a character that isn't Dhalion, it's an almost 100% chance I am doing map completion or leveling an alt, and I'll gladly switch over to give you some company. Doing that stuff as a group makes it a lot more fun, especially with mumble. Plus, every damn time I play this game, I find something new.

For example, there's a hidden Order of Whispers base in Snowden with a trigger-able event chain.

Retro

The hell, seriously? I need to spend more time in the Norn areas.

It's a door in the cliffside behind Snowdrift Haven, and it has a hidden door inside that leads to a matching door way down in the valley. The event chain waits for someone to trigger it just outside that lower door.

I noticed there's a printing press inside, kind of cool.

Victrix

*beard*
I'm down, I don't really have any particular plan - basically every zone past the 40s I either haven't done at all, or haven't done fully, so anything would be cool.

If we get a larger group, tackling all of Orr would be nice, because I ran through those zones briefly just to get entry waypoints and the mobs there are nasty, dense, and the places were loaded with vets/champs and group events that I wouldn't be able to touch solo.

Arkanius

I'm down, I don't really have any particular plan - basically every zone past the 40s I either haven't done at all, or haven't done fully, so anything would be cool.

If we get a larger group, tackling all of Orr would be nice, because I ran through those zones briefly just to get entry waypoints and the mobs there are nasty, dense, and the places were loaded with vets/champs and group events that I wouldn't be able to touch solo.

It used to be way way worser in the beginning

Proven

It used to be way way worser in the beginning

I liked it better that way. If people aren't going to go there normally unless there's a farm train, might as well make it mighty and difficult. Although the amount people complained about roots and pulls always left me curious. If you timed your dodges and stun breaks, you wouldn't have much trouble.

markot

Banned
kraitttttttttt.... more filer story?

So... are we ever going to see the other dragons? You know. The dragons that want to kill us all and rape our corpses?...

SIgh.

jersoc

kraitttttttttt.... more filer story?

So... are we ever going to see the other dragons? You know. The dragons that want to kill us all and rape our corpses?...

SIgh.

meh, let them redo the current world bosses before adding more.

seriously, enough with the 50% more hp to bosses. that just makes me read stuff on my other monitor and move if i see a red circle. more hp!=harder.

Jira

meh, let them redo the current world bosses before adding more.

seriously, enough with the 50% more hp to bosses. that just makes me read stuff on my other monitor and move if i see a red circle. more hp!=harder.

Those were hold over changes so they could increase the rewards. I'd much rather spend a bit more time fighting the bosses now and get better rewards than one shotting them and getting less. The smaller world bosses will be redone in time much like Taco.

Oh, also:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-October-15-2013/3039565

Clarification

There was a mistake in our update notes on the amount of materials needed for the rewards, here are the correct numbers:

Recipes for the Gift of Spiders, Gift of Souls, and Gift of the Moon have returned in their updated forms.
Recipe: Gift of Spiders requires 40 Bottles of Elonian Wine, 10 Candy Corn Cobs, 10 Piles of Crystalline Dust, and 10 High-Quality Plastic Fangs.
Recipe: Gift of Souls requires 40 Bottles of Elonian Wine, 10 Candy Corn Cobs, 10 Piles of Crystalline Dust, and 10 Tyria’s Best Nougat Centers.
Recipe: Gift of the Moon requires 40 Bottles of Elonian Wine, 10 Candy Corn Cobs, 10 Piles of Crystalline Dust, and 10 Gibbering Skulls.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ruby's looking good Levyne. :)

Had a packed night last night (I just remembered somebody had asked about a bounty and I totally blanked; happy to kick one off tonight if anyone needs it)... meant to try the clock tower and some lunatic inquisition before bed but I didn't get to either one before I realized how late it was. Definitely want to beat the clock tower at least once tonight.

I'm heading out of town tomorrow afternoon, but you guys should totally schedule a zone mob for this weekend. Surely Kos can pick a time he is available or something!

edit:
Ha, translation of the Dead Stop headstone shield:
Dedicated to those clumsy
oafs who tumbled off my
Tower last Halloween.
Thanks to you, I had a
delightful and colorful
corpse pile to gaze upon.

New map mined, maybe the bigger Obsidian Sanctum?

On Saturday I can run them at 3pm est because at 6 I'm going out to dinner so I won't be able to run the usual 8/9pm so if people want I can run 3pm guild missions and anyone who can't make it can try and run them at 8/9 if any officer is online.

Levyne

Banned
I dunno. Probably a combination. Can't really generalize whole server motivations.

For instance Maguuma was calling us out for "tanking" for Silver but that wasn't a SBI serverwide decision either.

TrounceX

Is it confirmed that they are only focusing on SoS so that we can make it into Gold or did a lot of their players just got bored of destroying us every night?

No, nothing like that. SoS started to get riled up and was running huge map zergs, so we went where the action was.

edit: I hope Mag ends up getting that final spot in Gold league. SBI is weak and boring to play against (except on reset night where you look like a t1 server)

mingus

Is it confirmed that they are only focusing on SoS so that we can make it into Gold or did a lot of their players just got bored of destroying us every night?

Word on the street is that the former is what is happening, SoR is trying to get some SBI guilds to jump ship.

Levyne

Banned
I doubt they have a specific target. SBI is just seen as a bandwagon server with non-native guilds that have already shown a willingness to move from one server to another. So the target are any guilds with that predisposition I guess.

I can't blame chase for wanting Mag there. They're tough as nails.

Hey guys was wondering if I could get help on something.

I'm looking at getting into GW2. I've never played an MMO before so I'm trying to do as much research as I can to try and understand what the game is all about.

One thing that I'm a bit unsure about is the whole fee for transferring servers. How exactly does this work? I.e. If I wanted to change servers, would I have to pay a set fee? Or does this only apply when transferring existing characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom