• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeahhhhhh I have a pretty outlandishly tough time imagining that it isn't intended to be "cheesy rather than imposing," in much the same way that mostly all death metal does its thing.
Few things are as “metal” as a sorcerous tower full of evil
Rock the nightmare dude \m/

The rumor is this is going to be like an open world dungeon with lots of new events and maybe a new meta so I think we should set up an event for Tuesday night 8pm maybe,(nov12) where we get our guild into an overflow and lead the charge into the tower as a guild.

What do you guys think?
That sounds great. Let's hope that is what it is and thus can be done all together.

Retro

Also poor Tails. Already has an inferiority complex and then gets a female vocalist singing his theme in first person. Daww.

That's okay, the creepy sonic fans usually make him female anyways so sonic has someone to plow besides Pink Sonic and Hookerbat.

.... nobody else ventures into the "Awesome" fan art thread, do they?

Retro

I'm suspicious that every time there's some military-grade vore posted, up pops Retro. The lady doth protest too much and all that.

This is going to be way off course for this thread (and for human sanity in general), but that one in particular just strikes me as one of the most disturbing. Deriving pleasure from the consumption and digestion/gestation of another, and all the weird inflation / cannibalism / unbirth stuff that orbits around it is just a whole different level of fucked right the hell up.

We should probably stop here, people are going to google that shit and find something they can't unsee.

Mxrz

Old argument. Dead horse. But I'd get more into the living story if the protagonist weren't useless, or they made the character the protagonist. Dunno if its their aim, but I sure wish they'd try to incorporate the player as something more than a item-fetcher, mob-killer, or general witness to NPCs talking to one another.

This is going to be way off course for this thread (and for human sanity in general), but that one in particular just strikes me as one of the most disturbing. Deriving pleasure from the consumption and digestion/gestation of another, and all the weird inflation / cannibalism / unbirth stuff that orbits around it is just a whole different level of fucked right the hell up.

We should probably stop here, people are going to google that shit and find something they can't unsee.

Always creepy this is what became of Sonic. How the hell did Mario avoid it.

Ashodin

Old argument. Dead horse. But I'd get more into the living story if the protagonist weren't useless, or they made the character the protagonist. Dunno if its their aim, but I sure wish they'd try to incorporate the player as something more than a item-fetcher, mob-killer, or general witness to NPCs talking to one another.

Always creepy this is what became of Sonic. How the hell did Mario avoid it.

hhehehehe

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
Jon P summarizes balance changes due to player feedback
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Dec-10th-Balance-Preview/page/29#post3156808

Here is a summary of the changes we have made thus far based on feedback we have read. This is not necessarily the end of adjustments, but where we stand currently. There were a lot of good suggestions, and some of them may not be able to make it due to time constraints on testing and implementation. Please continue to give feedback over the course of the next few days. We will continue to monitor that feedback and take it into account in changes we make for this patch and for the future.

ELEMENTALIST

Arcane Resurrection is going up to master tier instead of Renewing Stamina.
Windborne Dagger is going to function outside of combat.
Soothing Disruption is moving to master tier.
Cantrip Mastery is moving to adept tier.
Soothing Wave redesign: Gain Regeneration(3s) on incmoing critical hits. 10s recharge.

ENGINEER

Power Shoes is going to function outside of combat.

MESMER

Confounding Suggestions – We will merge the old functionality with the new functionality. It will now have 50% change to stun on daze and increase daze duration by 25%.

THIEF

Vigorous Recovery will come down to kitten Vigor instead of 4s.
Bountiful Theft will come down to a 10s Vigor instead of 8s.

WARRIOR

Combustive Shot. To clarify this change, the damage is normalized to about 15% less physical damage than it used to do at all adrenaline levels, but that the damage per pulse is the same regardless of adrenaline level.

Reminder, we will be locking this thread near the end of the week.

Thanks,

Jon

Arkanius

"WARRIOR

Combustive Shot. To clarify this change, the damage is normalized to about 15% less physical damage than it used to do at all adrenaline levels, but that the damage per pulse is the same regardless of adrenaline level.
"

The only Warrior problems is the LONGBOW.
Clearly

Proven

"WARRIOR

"

The only Warrior problems is the LONGBOW.
Clearly
Hmm?

This is in addition to nerfing stuns in some patch before and Hammer damage. Everyone complains that the Warrior can do too much stuff with too high damage, and they're nerfing the damage. The 50% crit chance on stunned enemies trait is also getting moved.

Retro

February 2014 content already in the works

https://twitter.com/John_J_Ryan/status/397804292943278080
Working on February content now. If we pull this off, it's going to be bonkers.

Bonkers, of course, is Scarlet's pet cat, who will be revealed as the true source of evil, in the literary tradition of Terry Goodkind's "chicken that was not a chicken."

Kitten vigor. Good buff.

Gasp! Another clue, Bonker's reach is indeed far-reaching.
Kitten is a replacement word for the language filter on the Official Forums, probably something he put in there just tripped it.

Edit: Oh my god, I just realized that Queen Jennah is a powerful mesmer, so she could have made the Veil in Kessex. And she's constantly in the company of her pet cat, Shadow!
The cats are taking over Tyria!

Proven

Still not toning down warrior passive regen lolololol.

It's one of the only things making a Warrior Bunker build possible. Yes it's high and yes it's passive but being really hard to kill never stopped Guardian Bunkers from being a thing, and they're still considered better than Warrior Bunkers anyway.

It's one of the only things making a Warrior Bunker build possible. Yes it's high and yes it's passive but being really hard to kill never stopped Guardian Bunkers from being a thing, and they're still considered better than Warrior Bunkers anyway.

Stuff like this happening is just obviously ridiculous and should not happen. Legitimate builds should not be able to not out-damage each others passive regeneration. One warrior just gives up fighting and starts standing around. That's not just broken, it's worse because it's not even broken in a way that is interesting or exciting. It's just flat out bad. And their 'fix' to the mess this makes is they're nerfing hammer warrior damage. What the fuck. When hammer warriors can't outdamage each others passive regen the problem with the class is obviously not that they have too much damage. It's so retarded!

Proven

Stuff like this happening is just obviously ridiculous and should not happen. Legitimate builds should not be able to not out-damage each others passive regeneration. One warrior just gives up fighting and starts standing around. That's not just broken, it's worse because it's not even broken in a way that is interesting or exciting. It's just flat out bad. And their 'fix' to the mess this makes is they're nerfing hammer warrior damage. What the fuck. When hammer warriors can't outdamage each others passive regen the problem with the class is obviously not that they have too much damage. It's so retarded!

But this is how it currently is with Guardian bunkers and how it was with Elementalists bunkers (unsure if still true). Ranger bunkers come close too.

The Warriors in that video weren't using the Berserker gear variation. And they actually could have killed each other. At one point in the video the other Warrior gets low thanks to burning damage, but the video maker doesn't push with that. He's just doing a rotation instead of paying attention.

But this is how it currently is with Guardian bunkers and how it was with Elementalists bunkers (unsure if still true). Ranger bunkers come close too.

The Warriors in that video weren't using the Berserker gear variation. And they actually could have killed each other. At one point in the video the other Warrior gets low thanks to burning damage, but the video maker doesn't push with that. He's just doing a rotation instead of paying attention.

Not true, Guardian bunkers simply do not have that much passive regen, and getting high regen on a guardian requires much more tradeoffs. Elementalists also never had that much passive regen and were also significantly more vulnerable to burst.

Retro

800 gems for 2 pieces of armour which can't be dyed and one which clips through your chest. Lovely.

I checked, they can be dyed. There's a dark green spot with thorns that glow that can't be dyed, but the majority of the skins can be:

toxic37rz2.jpg

What race/gender setup did you have clipping on?

Proven

Not true, Guardian bunkers simply do not have that much passive regen, and getting high regen on a guardian requires much more tradeoffs. Elementalists also never had that much passive regen and were also significantly more vulnerable to burst.

Ah, I failed to take into account your focus on it being passive. There were some videos of a Guardian who just stood there getting wailed on and pressed one or two buttons for shouts or meditations a while back though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Those warriors hit like a wet rag man. They couldn't kill my thief.

Those warriors hit like a wet rag man. They couldn't kill my thief.

No they don't hit hard. But you can't burst them down, so in small fights it goes down to does their damage minus your sustain beat your damage minus their sustain, and their sustain is fricken huge so they don't need high damage to win fights because they can just grind you down. And their sustain is so passive, it puts so much less risk on them. And then in bigger fights.... well, there's a reason why hammer warriors are absolutely everywhere in WvW.

And their balance team is making it worse... You're saying they hit like a wet rag, does that sound like they need their damage nerfed?

Proven

No they don't hit hard. But you can't burst them down, so in small fights it goes down to does their damage minus your sustain beat your damage minus their sustain, and their sustain is fricken huge so they don't need high damage to win fights because they can just grind you down. And their sustain is so passive, it puts so much less risk on them. And then in bigger fights.... well, there's a reason why hammer warriors are absolutely everywhere in WvW.

And their balance team is making it worse... You're saying they hit like a wet rag, does that sound like they need their damage nerfed?

You can burst them down. At least in PvP. You see it happen all the time in tournaments. I don't know what they're doing in WvW. Are they running Cleric's or something? At the very least, my Condi Warrior has no problem 1v1 but I'm not sure about my Power Necro. I'm playing around with my Condi Thief build right now and the only problem happens when I get caught by a stun, but like with my Necro that can happen with any opponent so I may just have to run two stunbreakers instead of one.

Edit: Hammer Warriors were already used since launch because of their stun abilities. And as you just said, if it's damage vs. sustain and they do even less damage... can they grind you down anymore?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The top comment is Peters mentioning that they are going to do something regarding Defiant in the future. I wonder what they can do. Allowing "fire at will" CC on bosses turns them into punching bags (see: AC Story post-revamp).

Shiokazu

They are really hyping up this "mysterious enemy" at the top of the tower and I don't think they mean scarlet. They are probably talking about the monster behind her in the image. I can't wait to see if my theory about her using magic from underworld to make her hybrids is true.

The rumor is this is going to be like an open world dungeon with lots of new events and maybe a new meta so I think we should set up an event for Tuesday night 8pm maybe,(nov12) where we get our guild into an overflow and lead the charge into the tower as a guild.

What do you guys think?

Count me in. Vil reporting for.duty commander kos.

Count me in. Vil reporting for.duty commander kos.

Awesome. Look forward to Tuesday to hopefully try that out. People should get mumble installed because it is a lot of fun chatting without having to stop and type everything.

How about dat GAF WubWub last night in the YB BL North Camp...so many bags!

Awesome. Look forward to Tuesday to hopefully try that out. People should get mumble installed because it is a lot of fun chatting without having to stop and type everything.

How about dat GAF WubWub last night in the YB BL North Camp...so many bags!

WvW is always better with gaf! It was fun even though you always get me killed!

Grudy

Did anyone try using Neko's guide for eles in dungeons? He mentions that armor and equips should be all zerker but I already have a full Knight exotic set (which has more emphasis on toughness than power and precision) while all my trinkets and weapons are zerker stats (all exotic, non ascended). I dunno it just seems out of place in my build but I'm not experienced enough to know if it's viable or getting full zerker armor or another type would be better. Can anyone help in this area?

Mxrz

It is amusing to see people flipping out about the music in the trailer, like its some heinous act against the personification of "Metal."

Finished up my Season 1 stuff with gaf lastnight. The long as fight in North camp was a hoot. I don't get to play my glassy thief much in open combat, and it was nice seeing all the big numbers.

leng jai

Did anyone try using Neko's guide for eles in dungeons? He mentions that armor and equips should be all zerker but I already have a full Knight exotic set (which has more emphasis on toughness than power and precision) while all my trinkets and weapons are zerker stats (all exotic, non ascended). I dunno it just seems out of place in my build but I'm not experienced enough to know if it's viable or getting full zerker armor or another type would be better. Can anyone help in this area?

I suppose by definition "full zerker" would always be optimal for dungeons (unless you're using a condition build) but that's assuming you can stay up most of the time. I've never played Ele but I'd imagine it's one of the tougher classes to manage when it comes to survivability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom