• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
Developer Preview of Edge of the Mists Tomorrow at Noon PST
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/wuv/GW2-Livestream-Edge-of-the-Mists/first#post3169655

Tomorrow’s Guild Wars 2 developer livestream will be all about Edge of the MIsts. We’ll be giving an extensive sneak peek at the new map, so if you’ve got questions about it, post them here and our livestream devs will try to answer some of them during the event!

The livestream begins tomorrow, November 8th, at noon PST on http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2–we'll see you then!

Proven

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Good lord did a path 3 Arah and somehow this one ranger managed to stay dead practically the entire lup fight, we must have revived him at least 10 times and he just died instantly the second he was revived.

I was like my god how is that even possible.

Retro

Still no word on the guild invites? I've been playing WvW a lot more lately but because of the blowout wins and upcoming balance patch I can feel myself moving towards a tPvP stint soon.

We were accepted last Monday, hopefully they'll give us some info on when things will get started during the livestream.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Good lord did a path 3 Arah and somehow this one ranger managed to stay dead practically the entire lup fight, we must have revived him at least 10 times and he just died instantly the second he was revived.

Death penalty + Full zerker + lack of understanding what to dodge with his attacks. I've seen the same thing :(

leng jai

If had Lupi's aggro the entire fight then it's possible.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
If had Lupi's aggro the entire fight then it's possible.

But he didn't since we we're trying to get as much aggro as possible so the other guy could safely rez him rez him, lupi tends to favour the person closest to him anyway so it's very hard for a person to have his aggro the entire fight. Plus his second stage attacks are easy to avoid aside from the wonky AoE one.

Shiokazu

But he didn't since we we're trying to get as much aggro as possible so the other guy could safely rez him rez him, lupi tends to favour the person closest to him anyway so it's very hard for a person to have his aggro the entire fight. Plus his second stage attacks are easy to avoid aside from the wonky AoE one.

i baptized the second phase:

Gundam Mode.

leng jai

Another two hours wasted in fractals today. The dredge fractal is mind-blowingly terrible in every facet and the fact that it's remained unchanged for almost a year is even more so.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The Black knight cometh

DucYo2g.jpg

bCtF7Vn.jpg

Ui4ffke.jpg

Finally finished this char, always thought male human armours looked like shit in gw2 even despite all my chars in gw1 being male so when figured out this combination I pretty much power levelled this character just for it.

Badass male human armour I missed you baby.

Mxrz

Everyone should jump on Borlis Pass bl because they hate SBI so it is more entertaining smacking down a server that hates you.

I've been shooting for EB in the past to get a Stone mist cap in, but now that I've finished the other horrible achievements this sounds pretty good. GL to everyone trying to get in. Last week I was the only one in my group of 5 who made it. Reset night sucks on your own.

Moondrop

Banned
Finally got my desire to WvW back. The power creep has definitely taken hold; I can no longer shrug off 1v2s. Those achievements are no joke, but I think I'm making progress.

Kind of sad over the impending warrior nerfs, though nerfing hammer and longbow will actually help me personally. But a half-second windup on Skull Crack would be pretty awful. WvW things will be fine, but in sPvP warrior is about to find itself in a bad place again.

I want to get my ele more involved in WvW (though there seems to be no shortage).

Kind of sad over the impending warrior nerfs, though nerfing hammer and longbow will actually help me personally. But a half-second windup on Skull Crack would be pretty awful. WvW things will be fine, but in sPvP warrior is about to find itself in a bad place again.

Gah.... :(

Retro

Wow got busy and totally forgot. Map looks gorgeous to me, so much variety.

Holy shit, the center area of the map has a whole area hanging underneath that you can use to get around while avoiding the objectives. It looks INSANE.

Also, you can build and destroy bridges... and there's an entire section of the map that looks like it's on a 45 degree angle.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Love how the bosses give you some kind of gimmick benefit for beating them too.

Looks like a giant playground to me.

Ashodin

Holy shit, the center area of the map has a whole area hanging underneath that you can use to get around while avoiding the objectives. It looks INSANE.

Also, you can build and destroy bridges... and there's an entire section of the map that looks like it's on a 45 degree angle.

I'm going to be in there. All day err day. Fuck the regular WvW shit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Arg, yeah, no way I'm gonna make the reset queue rush tonight if it's really 8 now. Sorry Kos :(

If only there was some sort of additional map that I could jump into for my Friday WvW fix regardless of how much time I felt like spending in-game! Bah.

Proven

I'm going to watch it later, but someone on reddit posted notes: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1q78t3/some_notes_on_the_edges_of_mists_livestream/

dulfy said:
Very rough notes as I was typing along during the livestream but here are some points I gathered. Will put up some pics in a bit.
  • Able to get to this map anytime from a drop down in the WvW menu. Once the map is full, it will create more instances of itself so you can always get into this map.
  • Able to place siege, capture objectives, which affect your scores in the Edge of Mists map but does not affect WvW scores. Matches are shorter than current WvW matches. More in terms of hours for a match rather than a week long.
  • Three sectors of map with unique creatures and different objectives.
    • Arctic sector, Desert sector, Jungle sector.
    • You can expect to see kodan in arctic, grawls/trolls in jungle, and ogres in desert.
    • Each sector has a keep, 2 resource camps, a tower, 3 unique objectives.
    • Getting an objective in the jungle sector guarded by an air elemental grant you a new skill that allow you to jump further.
    • Getting an objective in jungle sector guarded by a grawl grant you a thing you can commune with that act as a giant stationary siege weapon.
    • Getting an objective in the desert sector guarded by a balloon pilot allow you to call down airstrikes.
    • Enemies have unique skills – petrify you, turn you into a rabbit etc
  • Sentry turrets can be placed on the map once you have controlled all 3 objectives that allow you to spot enemy players and zergs.
  • Generate supplies differently in this map – build generators to supply a reactor that give you supply, no dolyaks to kill.
  • Can build and destroy bridges between the different parts of the map. There are certain bridges that you cannot destroy them so you are never locked out of an area.
  • Since the map is a series of interconnected islands, you can get knocked off the island and fall to your death.
  • Sentry points are currently not in the map but might be implanted later to give solo players some things to do.
  • Owning a keep and objective in the arctic area will grant you a blizzard that cause perioidic damage to enemy attackers. More objectives you control the hard the blizzard ticks. Blizzard also can obscure your vision.
  • You will get World XP in this map, same as the standard maps.
  • There are no world completion stuff inside this map.
  • You can also complete your WvW meta achievements in these maps.
  • There are no jumping puzzles in this map yet but one could be added later.
  • Parties can enter the same map together but getting into the same map together as a guild is very tricky since there are multiple instances of the map once it begins to fill.
  • New achievements for this map.
  • Rewards for winning this WvW map (not sure what they are yet) but they will not affect the current WvW scores/rewards/rankings.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
"Someone," lol

Pity we have to disregard all that because of how horrible and worthless she is :|

edit: lmao, Intigo is in love with the new map... wonder if that will last or not.

Retro

Getting an objective in the jungle sector guarded by an air elemental grant you a new skill that allow you to jump further.

If this functions anything like the Bazaar of the Four Winds, fuck yes. It really does sound like a giant playground.

I know I said this yesterday, but when they DO get around to adding new zones I think they're going to be amazing.

If EotM ends up being more fun than regular maps I think BL and EB pop will drop. The only thing EB/BL WvW will have over EotM will be the league achievements which who knows what they will even give...probably greens and blues.

Lol. Love how Ash thinks that he will ever play this game again.

Proven

If EotM ends up being more fun than regular maps I think BL and EB pop will drop. The only thing EB/BL WvW will have over EotM will be the league achievements which who knows what they will even give...probably greens and blues.

Lol. Love how Ash thinks that he will ever play this game again.

If we're lucky then the direction of Edge of the Mists means that the WvW maps will get some major redesigns down the road. We might even get three different borderland maps!

If we're lucky then the direction of Edge of the Mists means that the WvW maps will get some major redesigns down the road. We might even get three different borderland maps!
I hope that is where this is heading to and that they start implementing the fun stuff from EotM into main WvW soon after it is released.

Proven

In one of the collaborative development threads on alternate PvP modes, the topic of MOBAs or Hero Brawlers (which I'll be calling them from now on because I hate the term MOBA) kept coming up. And a lot of the mechanics in this Edge of the Mist map are ideas I could see working in a GW2 Hero Brawler game mode. Just food for thought.

Vyrance

I don't think I'll be liking the addition of this map. Having it separate from the other WvW maps just means it's going to fracture the playerbase between them. Didn't get to watch the stream at all earlier, but hopefully there isn't a bunch of PvE stuff in there.

I don't think I'll be liking the addition of this map. Having it separate from the other WvW maps just means it's going to fracture the playerbase between them. Didn't get to watch the stream at all earlier, but hopefully there isn't a bunch of PvE stuff in there.

The map is sexy. You will change your mind once you see the video. It might fracture the playbase but I think people should play whatever they find more fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What do you mean by "hopefully there isn't a bunch of PvE stuff in there"?

There are more events and NPCs than in the borderlands or EB for sure, by design.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Honestly precisely why are there Toxic mobs in WvW, especially during a season. They do nothing but screw up existing WvW mechanics e.g mercenaries. The whole thing just seems poorly thought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom