• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

Ha, I love that skill. And "once" :D you're lucky because I do it to EVERY guardian I meet at height of their boons.
Got it in my build since the start and it's amazing, wait for guardian to pop up billion boons and with 1 small click he dies :D
Of course I fear him twice to make sure he doesn't heal up or something naughty like that ^^

I wish pvp was more varied and challenging, I enjoy it quite a bit when it's a good game and good teams, but that's rare, from my experience at least.

I can only imagine how much more crazy it would be in sPvP. In WvW I usually can cure most of them and get away to heal up. 1v1 I would be boned without loading Smite Conditions or something specifically to counter that skill.

Retro

Glad to hear you're ok Kos I hate tornadoes. And unfortunately I live in Oklahoma.

Eek. I lived in Northern Indiana for 18 years and had more than my fair share of warnings and close calls, I can't even imagine how rough it would be to live in Tornado Alley...

Eek. I lived in Northern Indiana for 18 years and had more than my fair share of warnings and close calls, I can't even imagine how rough it would be to live in Tornado Alley...

Lmao there can be a tornado in Moore and I freak out even though Im like 2 hrs from there.

How often do these builds happen in game with this yellow notice poppin up?

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, Iowa had its fair share too. So many hustles to the basement growing up.

In unrelated spinning object news, north of Indianpolis has a fuckton of wind turbines. Quite an eyesore but can't complain too loudly about renewable energy and such.

Roxie: 1-3 times a week?

Yeah, Iowa had its fair share too. So many hustles to the basement growing up.

In unrelated spinning object news, north of Indianpolis has a fuckton of wind turbines. Quite an eyesore but can't complain too loudly about renewable energy and such.

Roxie: 1-3 times a week?

Idk lol. I just had one earlier this wk, at least one. Oh well.

demented

Even when doing the Hot Join I filter for 5v5. Makes the games much more bearable.

Yeah do this. 8v8 in most modes is such a weird spot where you've got just enough people to overwhelm a player and the variety actually goes down. In contrast, 5v5 is just fantastic and it feels like all the maps were balanced for it. Which, with all the maps being three point domination, they probably were. :p

I'm almost always up for PvP matches when I'm online btw.

I... didn't even know there's 5v5. Probably read there is but if you asked me I'd say there's only 8v8 in the game and bit less(5v5?) for paid ones lol

Katoki

Hey look, we're green this week. That means Arken gets his world completion star.

Heres to another week with Kaineng and Darkhaven.

Dragonbrand!

Finally I will have my revenge. I am going to hit them ALL week long.

DB is ranked 5th good luck with your revenge, mines 11th, and we got steam rolled, at 3am est when most players are sleeping DB is rolling with 70 plus man zerg and 7-10 Golems, not once did we keep our OL through out the night, every day we had to win it back..

Jira

I... didn't even know there's 5v5. Probably read there is but if you asked me I'd say there's only 8v8 in the game and bit less(5v5?) for paid ones lol

There's no paid anything anymore, all tournaments are free now and are all 5 v 5. You should always filter hot join for 5 v 5 too cause the entire game is balanced for it. 8 v 8 is a gigantic clusterfuck that shouldn't even be in the game.

Sophia

There's no paid anything anymore, all tournaments are free now and are all 5 v 5. You should always filter hot join for 5 v 5 too cause the entire game is balanced for it. 8 v 8 is a gigantic clusterfuck that shouldn't even be in the game.

The entire Hot join play system is really silly and outdated, more so considering the original Guild Wars had matchmaking. There are very few games that make use of a server browser setup, and the ones that do usually have justifications for it (Battlefield and it's 64+ players)

Plus this whole "server setup" allows for lots of rampant silliness that wouldn't happen on a proper matchmaking system. Right now there's no punishment for poor team players and no way to really enforce balance on teams because it just throws whoever unless someone volunteers. Yet almost nobody volunteers. :\

The entire Hot join play system is really silly and outdated, more so considering the original Guild Wars had matchmaking. There are very few games that make use of a server browser setup, and the ones that do usually have justifications for it (Battlefield and it's 64+ players)

Well in theory, people would be renting rooms and putting in custom map lists with custom rules but other than Glory grinding, most people just keep the stuff with stock settings. I don't even know off the top of my head if that many people have rented the servers. Seems like a waste of Gems tbh.

Sophia

Well in theory, people would be renting rooms and putting in custom map lists with custom rules but other than Glory grinding, most people just keep the stuff with stock settings. I don't even know off the top of my head if that many people have rented the servers. Seems like a waste of Gems tbh.

I can't see why anyone would want to do it, really. Structured PvP is effectively a MOBA game, so I'd prefer a proper matchmaking system like virtually every other MOBA has.

Kite

There was finally a slight shakeup in "tier 1" with DB joining the fun with SOR and BG. This should be an interesting match up, I don't know about DB's coverage.

TrounceX

There was finally a slight shakeup in "tier 1" with DB joining the fun with SOR and BG. This should be an interesting match up, I don't know about DB's coverage.

Eh, they have good coverage I suppose but it's not even a contest. SoR and BG are head and shoulders above the other servers in terms of....well, everything. DB will lose by 50-75k, and only because this is SoR's workshop week where we are focusing on open field tactics, not PPT.

demented

Noo, my server is 2nd tier now feels so trash :(

I kid but it's been tough but holding out well tbh even with all the problems.

Baskcm

Started my char last night getting used to him, liking the game very different also im not getting in any darj cupboard with anyone . ....

WvW is getting boring, Anet needs to add new maps, I think there should be 9 BL maps and 3 Battle ground maps, and BL maps should never be the same so if you switch BL if you have use a new strategy...

Cels

what am people doing with their badges? got so many from achievement chests. don't need gear or skins.

CrNBWJp.jpg

(yes i am a hoarder)

what am people doing with their badges? got so many from achievement chests. don't need gear or skins.

CrNBWJp.jpg

(yes i am a hoarder)

Keep them because they will probably be used to craft percursor in the future.

If you want to try a precursor now you could buy exotic items in WvW with badges and 1 gold and try your luck...the 1 gold price was steep for me so I going to keep hording.

I used the 400 gems and 15gold from achievement to expand my bank again to 3 sections for more hoarding.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There is no 8v8 in the game. There's some kind of bug that lets people get more than 10 people onto the map or something.

Complistic

Keep them because they will probably be used to craft percursor in the future.

Ah, good idea. Though I can't see it taking more than 1000 really. To be safe anyway. Honestly I guess I can't see it taking more than 500 since that's how many it takes for a legendary.

Levyne

Banned
I didn't think I needed any more armors after I used the first ~2000 to grab two sets, but then they threw that experience scroll at me so now I have another alt that will eventually be 80 and will need an armor set....

Levyne

Banned
Dunno how serious you are, but gold constantly inflates where ectos, ori, etc, have a chance of spiking in value. Though I've never been much of a hoarder in games like these. Burns a hole in my virtual pockets.

Retro

Well, he did say in guild chat that the blog post we got was about half of what he wrote. Man, wouldn't I love to get my mits on some of that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I missed you too! Gonna be playing a lot today. Hunting for some kite fortunes and sky crystals, and some dungeons and wvw. :)

Arcteryx

CrNBWJp.jpg

(yes i am a hoarder)

I would hang onto them for either pre crafting or for making/buying ascended armor/trinkets(the blogpost made it sound like WvW would allow for purchasing ascended armors, or make crafting them easier, much like how it handles exotic gear). Either that, or just simply for gearing up alts/builds. I already had a huge stack of them and with the achievement chests...I had to get another tab just to hold them. So I spent yesterday just buying up extra armor/weaponsets for different builds I wanted to run on alts.

Speaking of Necro's.. either something got tweaked in the last skill update or there's a new build but they've been absolutely wrecking my Thief lately. I was never spectacular against them before but I've just been getting demolished. I'm watching debuffs and I'm not seeing them use Torment either so it's not that.

Was it the terrormancer build? because I know that it got buffed pretty damn hard. There is also a new power/burst build that I've run into in tPvP; it actually gave my SD Engi a good fight a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom