• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
These are the game mode prototypes ArenaNet revealed in the PvP Map creation livestream

Concave
U4GPcXV.jpg

Encampment
erRwLqM.jpg

Stronghold
NIhluFO.jpg

Arena
fhmXRMU.jpg

Castle
LIkcLYS.jpg

Discovered my new favorite place today - a Guild Puzzle somewhere in the snowy regions, I was rushed to join and didn't pay attention to exactly where:

ibe64T2bAbQ8ud.jpg

ivknkdi0J2qaT.jpg

ijdBDK9GNGdKX.jpg

During WvW I was trying to get a shot of this cool armour/colour setup, and caught an arrow midflight:

i23pkPHJL0Rza.jpg

Insert Brazzers logo:

i6W4j3GHC8fYN.jpg

When I get bored in WvW (these achivements are hell), I go tidy up the Golems:

iblJ3fUCeGbupu.jpg

Last shot. I'm gonna miss the Tower when it's gone:

iba7NyWBNnlHP3.jpg

Mxrz

Reset was weird.

Yak's had some huge zergs in EB to our 25'ish. Wiped them a lot, but always seemed to reform and get back asap. Ah well. Lot of loot.

Some of the AC/Siege stuff is getting outright suspicious.

I've already told Anet that I would pay up to $20 for an item that lets me go first-person. $40 if they let me adjust DoF.
Should've signed up for Edge of the Mist.

So long as it's not altering gameplay or giving you an unfair advantage, Anet is pretty lenient about 3rd party tools.

And there's the problem - it can give people using arrow carts unfair advantage in WvW, by letting them zoom way, way out. Even if I never use it for that, and only for first-person, the last thing I'd want is to get banned now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So long as it's not altering gameplay or giving you an unfair advantage, Anet is pretty lenient about 3rd party tools.

ZoomUnlocker, in WvW, is one tool that plainly and distinctly provides a gameplay advantage. I do not recommend using it if you are at all concerned with the possibility of losing your account.

Complistic

And there's the problem - it can give people using arrow carts unfair advantage in WvW, by letting them zoom way, way out. Even if I never use it for that, and only for first-person, the last thing I'd want is to get banned now.

Ah, that certainly sounds like a no no. lol.

Mxrz

ZoomUnlocker, in WvW, is one tool that plainly and distinctly provides a gameplay advantage. I do not recommend using it if you are at all concerned with the possibility of losing your account.

They reeeeeeally need to crack down on this one.

So looks like SBI really dropped the ball on reset night this round.

First by lots of guilds using new commanders, commanders not communicating together early on in SBI BL and finally oceanic guilds not showing up.

YB was always strong but we crushed EBay last time so this is just not cool.

So looks like SBI really dropped the ball on reset night this round.

First by lots of guilds using new commanders, commanders not communicating together early on in SBI BL and finally oceanic guilds not showing up.

YB was always strong but we crushed EBay last time so this is just not cool.

Was just in SBI bl and we had a queued borderlands vs like 20 YB and they were running rings around our commander, it was just painful to watch.

I'm kind of glad that I missed WvW reset night if it was that bad. I spammed "F" on the portals to try to get in like I always do but then all of a sudden I was queued. I've never seen the place fill up in less than a second.

Complistic

Our zerg was really bad. We had a ton of people, but we were always so spread out while attacking the other zerg.

The commander was average. While I was on anyway.

Well I think we can say bye bye to 2nd spot and a shot at first if we don't turn this around this weekend because after fractals get released there will be less people wubwubing. I even heard people like Bannock (known EB Commander) saying he will take a break to try the new fractals which is totally fine but I am sure Ebay and YB will take advantage.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I still don't get why they capped aoe damage. it just encourages zerg balls.

Which is the point, the ability to stick in a blob in WvW is a lot harder to do. than a general spread out rush in that's generally unorganised. The longer your tale the more you can get punished It's why any commander in a high level world will ask you to get on TS, as your simply nowhere near as effective otherwise.

It also means numbers alone aren't that important as a smaller group, can consistently defeat a larger group to a degree if they're more organised.

It's a good mechanic that encourages organisation rather than throw more numbers at it.

Mxrz

Queues seemed messed up lastnight, at least for EB. Yak's numbers dwarfed us, but we still rolled over them. When you have to loot dump 3-4 times with 100+ inventory inside an hour you know stuff is good.

Dunno what was going on with the BLs, lot of shit was being flung at them though. Something about not sieging up vs trying to karma train it. We haven't really had to do that for a while. Maybe people forgot how.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
EBay also got a guild or two from one of the tier 1s that wanted out of the 24/7 queues for a bit.

TBF is that 24 hour queues for EB or over all borders. Because I've found the queues in borders are rarely half as bad as those in EB, its the fact the majority doesn't want to play in those borders is the problem. That and home is generally crap, because in our server barely anyone is compact on the commander because not many are on TS which leads to us losing the battle, the commander raging and often leaving or at least tagging off.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sorry guys, I was rubberbanding around after I got dced. Had some good fights especially 4-5 against 4-10 Thanks again to Zed for leading. :)

In around 3 hours going to get a group together for Arah story. I think we may have a full party coming already but just in case or if a second party wants to get together and chill on mumble.

Fractals tomorrow, newbies welcome at 5PM EST.

Zed you need to get on eBay BL tonight and command because the current commanders have no idea what they are doing.

Won't be on because I'm out getting drunk but do it for me. Turn eBay BL green and raise those GAF flags up everywhere.

Good lucky to rest of the guild in the Arah story runs.

markot

Banned
Which is the point, the ability to stick in a blob in WvW is a lot harder to do. than a general spread out rush in that's generally unorganised. The longer your tale the more you can get punished It's why any commander in a high level world will ask you to get on TS, as your simply nowhere near as effective otherwise.

It also means numbers alone aren't that important as a smaller group, can consistently defeat a larger group to a degree if they're more organised.

It's a good mechanic that encourages organisation rather than throw more numbers at it.

it's stupid. sticking into a ball isn't hard and it just leads to boring battles.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
it's stupid. sticking into a ball isn't hard and it just leads to boring battles.

Umm what.... If that was true the majority of players would actually be able to do it, as opposed to the few on TeamSpeak that actually do. Any commander in a tier 1 world will tell you this. You require a certain threshold of health, and survivability as well as stability and stun breaking (a lot of players don't even reach this requirement, you see a lot players with berserkers armor that are actually detrimental to their team rather than bonus), as well as the ability to stick on the at all times commander (a lot of players can't do this in a very chaotic battle.

Also precisely what would you rather have random chaos that's far more boring, if the two worlds are actually trying?

The vast majority of players in WvW can't do this, the fact you say this is easy for most players makes me believe you haven't been involved in a difficult high level wvw battle worth much. If you can't stay in a ball, your a rally bot someone that are in most cases detrimental to your team. The team would actually be a lot better off if your not there as your death allows downed enemies to rally.

Also people would be balling without the cap anyway, it's the way the game is designed it's simply more benefitial to rapidly stack might, heal through blasting water fields and empowers etc to keep players in your group alive. The fact your complaining about this means your not understanding these core mechanics . Whether you like them or not is another matter but it's how large scale battles in this game are supposed to be

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I avoid zergs and do my own thing mostly.

Zerg balls are a by product of bad design, not skill.

Umm no? The purpose of this game mode is large scale battles, recreate a battlefield. It's an RTS with units controlled with people. which means large scale battle because you know that's the point like, the fantasy battles you see in movies many players like that. Turning into completely small scale scale skirmishes would be worthless as you can do that in SPVP hell that's the point of SPVP.

Did you ever wonder why everything to do with supply management was added to this game, the traps, upgrading systems, siege and well EVERYTHING.

Bad design my ass it's the whole point of game mode, if you don't like the game mode then fair enough but don't call it bad design when it's what you actually want is completely different. It's like ragging on a turn based rpg and calling it badly designed because it's not a shooter.

What man seriously what...

No body-blocking is the reason zerg balls are as effective as they, which one I'll say that stands against the tactic you'd probably have more variation in formations if that was the case, the reason it's not included could either be design or technical, I'd honestly prefer it was there, but it's not something I'd decry the whole mode because of.

markot

Banned
Its terrible design. Its boringly stupendous. I've been involved in some balls and they ball me to tears.

Its a by product of the bad design. Being the cap on aoe. it's all about minimising surface area of as many players as possible.

This is at Ft Trinity. What makes this particularly egregious is that the round detail actually clips through, a non-animated object. Meh.

On the other hand, some of the smaller details are remarkably high resolution.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Its terrible design. Its boringly stupendous. I've been involved in some balls and they ball me to tears.

Its a by product of the bad design. Being the cap on aoe. it's all about minimising surface area of as many players as possible.

I like how you keep spouting terrible design as some fact, without explaining once why you think it is. if you expect people to understand why you dislike something you'd have to do more than simple say it's crap and expect people to nod along.

You don't even offer a solution. This conversation would carry on more meaningfully if you actually expanded on your view points, rather than not even bothering to counter mine and simply say it's crap.

It doesn't simply exist simply because of the cap the games whole the gameplay systems were designed towards it would exist viably anyway. It just wouldn't be as effective and would make battles more of a pure numbers game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry I won't be on for missions, I'm out of town for a family emergency. Should be back on Wednesday.
Hope it's all going as well as can be expected Retro :( We'll all miss you and wish your family the best.

Getting started with a puzzle now.

edit: Extremely efficient tonight all, great job O.O

Thanks to my all-star Arah squad as well. Nice to not have any personal story crap on my screen anymore :D

Complistic

So EB and yaks legitimately are coordinating against us. I was in EB borderlands, seiging a yaks tower, and sure as shit, the EB zerg comes all the way across the map and flanks us.

So sad that they need to do that to beat us.

Sorry I won't be on for missions, I'm out of town for a family emergency. Should be back on Wednesday.

Damn, I hope everything is OK. :(

In around 3 hours going to get a group together for Arah story. I think we may have a full party coming already but just in case or if a second party wants to get together and chill on mumble.

Damn, I always miss those; still haven't seen Arah. :D. It's OK, as I went to bed early (0:00) AM) yesterday as I've been sleeping 4-5 hours a day for like months.

Fractals tomorrow, newbies welcome at 5PM EST.

Will be there, which is the other reason I went to bed early yesterday. :)

Principate

Saint Titanfall
So EB and yaks legitimately are coordinating against us. I was in EB borderlands, seiging a yaks tower, and sure as shit, the EB zerg comes all the way across the map and flanks us.

Was that the first time they've done that, because Vizunah square Fr does that all day everyday, each time we fight them, and piken square gladly obliged them on the first week with some precision double teaming putting us in third. They had almost certainly been communicating with the shit they pulled

We of course did the same to piken when we we faced them a few weeks later, because well when you pull that shit we're entitled to revenge, no actual communication to other server though we just double teamed them as much as possible through the week.

Of course the next we face Vizunah Fr is the last week with Piken again, we're so screwed. Double teaming bitches, We could probably win now but that third really hurt us.

Proven

Balling/Stacking mechanics are not because of the AoE cap, full stop. Else you wouldn't see people advocate for stacking in dungeons so often, exploits or not. Or else you would see people try that as a shit strategy during team fights in PvP while using Spirit/Minion builds.

Take off the AoE cap, and you would get the same exact strategies for WvW open warfare.

It's a 3-way fight and we have the bigger numbers and better track record. Don't shame them.

pyros

Hi guys, sorry to have been missing for the past few months, I'm in the process of migrating to another country and would humbly ask the gaf guild admins to remove me from the roster.

As a person who has never played a MMO, you guys have given me an experience I will never forget, the support and camaraderie I've experienced is beyond compare.

My only conciliation is that you girls and guys are gaf members and my departure from the guild won't end the relationships I've made, Thank you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Edge of the Mists survey that was sent out is due by tomororw, 11/25. Please take the time to complete it if you have done any testing! :)
Hi guys, sorry to have been missing for the past few months, I'm in the process of migrating to another country and would humbly ask the gaf guild admins to remove me from the roster.

As a person who has never played a MMO, you guys have given me an experience I will never forget, the support and camaraderie I've experienced is beyond compare.

My only conciliation is that you girls and guys are gaf members and my departure from the guild won't end the relationships I've made, Thank you.
Wish you the best with your move pyros, and the door will always remain open if you return to GW2 one day. :)

edit:
Looks like I'm running a bit of the tower now with a couple people if anyone wants to get in on that before fractals.

Well after all that wubwubing this weekend, waking up this morning and seeing YBs BL almost all green makes me very happy.

Sorry I missed out on all the guild events but I really want to get my league achievements so I can see what the rewards will be like.

Looking forward to today's stream, I'm sure they won't spoil the new fractal.

Yak's Bend get a wp in our bl and they make us pay hell for it for days. We get a wp in their bl and it lasts five minutes before we lose it when no one shows up to defend it. And our experienced commanders and hardcore WvW guilds show up in force around the clock - when it's a karma train stomp for the last few weeks on end. Now it's a hard week, hey where is everybody?

Yak's Bend is just flat out playing harder and better than us, and they deserve their win.

Ceres

Banned
Yak's Bend get a wp in our bl and they make us pay hell for it for days. We get a wp in their bl and it lasts five minutes before we lose it when no one shows up to defend it. And our experienced commanders and hardcore WvW guilds show up in force around the clock - when it's a karma train stomp for the last few weeks on end. Now it's a hard week, hey where is everybody?

Yak's Bend is just flat out playing harder and better than us, and they deserve their win.

Eh, week is hardly lost yet. The main issue is that when push comes to shove, our server tends to take the easy way out focusing the weakest server. We could have made BP get third last week but most commanders seem to just want the easiest target and BP wasn't rolling over enough for them so they would karma train DB's stuff instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom