• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
And guild perks, right? I recall things like guild bank being locked to your home server.
I don't actually have the full insight here- when guesting can others see our guild bank? It does definitely show a separate one on each server.

I know that guildies on other servers can maintain their own sort of "subguilds" with their own upgrades and such, and we have the rank Remote Operator for that purpose.

edit:

Edvardelis and Miktar have been invited. Do your best to ignore Adriaaa.

I don't actually have the full insight here- when guesting can others see our guild bank? It does definitely show a separate one on each server.

I know that guildies on other servers can maintain their own sort of "subguilds" with their own upgrades and such, and we have the rank Remote Operator for that purpose.

edit:

Edvardelis and Miktar have been invited. Do your best to ignore Adriaaa.

all adriaaa wants is arah runs

leng jai

hEALy8e.jpg

I'll still log on for Teq.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nope, should be everywhere. Long as you're not on a European server. You just have to remember to rep the guild since you can only see chat from one at a time.

Ahh neat. I always thought it's only server wide rather than the whole game itself.

Still, kinda hilarious when different guild members are on different servers and go to WvW

Dec

I got an email that my gw2 account was locked after being hacked but they sent it to the wrong email? I made an email specifically for gw2, has nothing else on it, and has an authenticator I didn't get the email on this email.

The only thing I can think is gw1? But why say gw2. Maybe my beta account? idk...

Edit: Oh clever girl. Phishing attempt. The link is very sneaky indeed. Took me a minute to see it.

Does GAF still run the Tower of Nightmares or are you guys all event-ed out?
I seem to still get a few people interested in it when I ask in guild chat. 2 days ago we did a 5-6 person run from floor 1 all the way to the top.

Don't run it every night because usually get distracted by something else, like last night was a tier 24 fractal.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've still been running it pretty regularly, usually with small groups but also led a zerg pretty recently. I get great drops in there for whatever reason, so I never mind it.

Though dang Fractal 24 woulda leveled me up last night!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
With at least something related to the Tower sticking around, all the old Wintersday stuff, new skills and balancing to play with and the new Ascended crafting, plus the fact that it would come on Christmas Eve, it's probably a good idea to let this one coast. It'll be a fun end to the year.

Next update after Tuesday's will likely be on January 7th, but I don't have the foggiest guess as to what it'll be.

Proven

Ahh there is a late test tonight! 5PM to 9PMPST in the EotM. They also are hosting a Vent server.

Meh, I was just on normal GW2. I'm too GW2'd out to do super GW2. I need a slight GW2 break.

Next update will probably deal with Scarlet's thumper machines. They're confirmed to be on magic (or was it dragon magic?) leylines, so we'll see what happens.

Shiokazu

didnt joined the guild yet today, i was out DESTROYING TIAMAT (darksiders) and stuff.

ah, i have a question about the forums. is there some restriction on who can create new threads? looks like i cant make any yet.

[sidenote:
well, i read around that people hated tiamat, and that she was a hard boss... she wasnt a third of the hardness i thought she would be. i mean, come on! the bitching part is the bombs, but that can be easily done with some patience, the rest is just avoid attacks and hit action button when time comes.
]

GLopez12

Neo Member
The new heals seem really interesting. Signet of Vampirism certainly opens a more signet-focused build for condition necromancers in PvE and PvP.

Mxrz

Forgive the rant, but it might be time for a break, or at least scaling back.

Fractal pugs are killing me. Most of the time people don't have AR, or can't stay alive for other reasons. Then these people almost always pull a fractal weapon at the end. Solo/duoing fucking Mai trin and the moltan bosses is making me hate this game. Low level runs are even worse with all the people that are trying to game the lfg system for free rings instead of dropping the laurels for their initial ascendeds/AR.

I don't like taking the game seriously, but that shit is annoying. Its my fault for doing so many out of skin-greed, but fractal skins are about the only skins left that I dig and that aren't 300g to 1800g on the trading post. Its like I've hit a loot/progression plateau, and the next 'thing' is a billion f'ing hours away. Ascended armor will hit, and I'll make that. Then I'll HoM it cause everything else is butt ugly on heavy female charrs. It'll be nice in a spreadsheet sort of way, at least.

Hopefully after finals next week I can get back into this game!

Holy crap I've missed a lot of stuff since I stopped playing. They added in a LFG system?

Mxrz

Yeah, its under the contacts menu. Its pretty handy. Not an instant-flag and go like WoWs, but you see/make a party listing and join it.

Forgive the rant, but it might be time for a break, or at least scaling back.

Fractal pugs are killing me. Most of the time people don't have AR, or can't stay alive for other reasons. Then these people almost always pull a fractal weapon at the end. Solo/duoing fucking Mai trin and the moltan bosses is making me hate this game. Low level runs are even worse with all the people that are trying to game the lfg system for free rings instead of dropping the laurels for their initial ascendeds/AR.

I don't like taking the game seriously, but that shit is annoying. Its my fault for doing so many out of skin-greed, but fractal skins are about the only skins left that I dig and that aren't 300g to 1800g on the trading post. Its like I've hit a loot/progression plateau, and the next 'thing' is a billion f'ing hours away. Ascended armor will hit, and I'll make that. Then I'll HoM it cause everything else is butt ugly on heavy female charrs. It'll be nice in a spreadsheet sort of way, at least.

I see what you're saying but there is no winning for ArenaNet. Either the game is to peachy dumbed down my-four-year-old-newphew-even-knows-how-to-do-it, or it takes a certain bit of understanding/thought/skill and that leaves a portion of the playerbase ruining it for others. ArenaNet tried to make a "skill based" game for "everyone". It's impossible. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

kiriin

Question, how was this year's October event? I remember having great time doing all the event leading The Mad King dungeon instance; unfortunately I had to miss this year's event. Hopefully winter's day should be more of the same as well... Also hello! haha..

jersoc

I think the halloween event was meh. It was pretty much like last year's.

I've been scaling back a bit on play time too. these patches have not been my thing. Plus I have so many games to play, like starbound.

markot

Banned
It was worse then let years and the story went nowhere.

Last year there was at least a funnish find and seek with a cool reward.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Question, how was this year's October event? I remember having great time doing all the event leading The Mad King dungeon instance; unfortunately I had to miss this year's event. Hopefully winter's day should be more of the same as well... Also hello! haha..
Well hello! Are you/wanna be a member of the guild? If you're in NA anyway, just post a character or account name.

I had a lot of fun this Halloween though it was smaller than last year's. No Mad King dungeon or scavenger hunt, but they introduced his son the Bloody Prince who you defeated in a couple story instances. They also didn't bring back the MOBA style game for whatever reason. The Labyrinth returned with some new bosses, one of which was pretty hilarious in action, and some new weapons and minis. I enjoyed reliving the challenge of the clock tower even if it took me like 1/4 of the time to master it again :p

Looks like Wintersday has all of last year's goodies, and it'll be on for six weeks as we finish up 2013.

I'm still super stoked that they changed the armor skin of the new heavy helmet. I can't wait to make this my Charr guardian look. <3

I skimmed over this post really quickly and I read Charr guardian as "Charrdian." I don't know if that's already a thing, but if it's not, it should be.

Fractal pugs are killing me.

This is why I rarely pug. Of course, that also means I'm only scale 11 fractals, because the group I was doing it with regularly aren't getting together as much anymore. I'm looking for a permanent, regular Fractal group again. Because pugging, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom