• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbon

Not sure what to make of warriors. Between the regen, hammer, lyssa runes, and gs mobility they're really aggravating. Don't know if any of that warrants a nerf, but there are more and more of them each week.

The only time i use my warrior in wvw, I do the fun but silly crit/zerk Rifle killshot thing. Pretty ineffective, I'm sure, but it is fun to kill people with one shot.

I play the crit rifle build once in a blue moon for laughs, but I'd never run it regularly because you turn into worthless rally bait in any sort of large battle.

Feels so good getting a 10k piercing crit through several people though.

swnny

After watch the entire PvP stream, I'm really on the fence about their development.

Firstly, we had a quick Q&A about the recent blog post, some questions answered (even my own, about the Arcane forge materials - turns out I will free up 2 bank TABS "soon", because they will turn the materials to sell-able "junk"), some didn't have that chance - "what to do with my 10 stacks of win chests?". Nothing wrong in this section really, except for that "phone call", but it was sort of fun anyways.

Now, on one hand, we have one new healing skill for each of the 8 professions. Most of the skills (I think, except for the ranger's and thief's) are situational and they can actually punish you (talking more in PvP perspective, here) if you pop them mindlessly. In my book, that's a good direction away from the passive heals (and with future skills - passive effects in general), which will involve more skillful play and that is always good.
Plus the thing, that some of the skills are created with ally support in mind, it opens a good number of new possible builds and compositions.
Sounds great on paper, now we (as players) have to test and see them in action. I only hope they have their numbers right, else it can easily escalate as new forced meta.

But, on the other hand, we have what it looks to be a complete failure with this new (and temporally!) PvP Gold vendor. I believe it's a huge mistake to force glory + GOLD (as in gold, and not silver or copper) (and in not small amounts) costs in sPvP, where there was ZERO gold income (even with counting the dye crafting).
I know, that most of the sPvP players (me in that count) would be able to buy everything from the Vendor the moment it's live, because of the huge amount of stored glory, but isn't THAT the point of this temporally vendor - to act as a "glory sink", before gold (as currency) replace it?

And why, in Balthazar's name, BOXES?! What if from Human Tier 3 Medium Armor I only want the chest or the leggings? I have to buy the whole BOX set, which will waste half my spent currencies(in plural). (or maybe ALMOST, given how they do math over there...)
They are either stupid to overlook this, or not even whiling to spent couple more hours to add all items separately. Or, I'm afraid, they are both... It, most likely, was more dev time consuming creating these BOXES and add them in the vendor, then just add the armor sets' items (and what about weapons?!) in the vendor.

The inventory bag's are another complete bullshit!
12slot bag for 1000 glory and 20silver? It costs just 500 glory out from the rank 20 vendor. And R20 is doable in a day.
And 20slot bag for 6000 glory and 6gold?! They really are stupid. Should have at least added one in the R50 vendor.

Which leads us to the ways we get gold from PvPing. I'm 50/50 about Custom Arena's rates for wining/lossing to gold. The format itself is just hot-join - you are leaving a new game to join one, that is almost finished. It can really be exploitable, so it's overall (or what they implemented as CAP) reward should be a bit lower. But on other side, if you are honest player, just wanting to do your PvP daily (atm it needs 3 matches), I think you should be rewarded a bit more, then 15silver a win.

Now, about the Rated Matches, and especially the Team Arena, well they really need to rise the reward.
As I see it now - In Team Arena, you spend good amount of time looking for a group, or getting your teammates ready. Then you have a nice long queue to wait for. And lastly a 15 minute long match to play in. Let's average it to 3 matches per hour, that will be 90silvers per hour in a perfect scenario. And 45silvers if you are really unlucky with the matchmaking. Given the effort a player puts in Team Arena, it should be a bit more rewarding. Not double, but like +10silvers for wining and +5 for losing.
Same thing Solo Arena - +5silvers for wining and +2.5 for losing. At least now, 'Hugh' will be able to do the math...

Arcteryx

Actually, perhaps you could help me with something. I've started a Warrior alt that I'm still working on, but I can't get a good feel for the class. I've only played Engie since launch. I have a level 80 Ranger and level 80 Guardian, but I don't play either.

I'm trying to find a way to play Warrior that isn't just the copypaste buildabear of the week dressed in all Zerk. I think the dynamic nature of the Engineer has spoiled me, in that I have trouble playing overly straightforward classes.

I like utility and being of use to a party more than outright DPS, what would you suggest I focus on?

Wait til the 10th to see what changes ultimately. That said, there are some pretty nifty might stacking builds and other semi-unorthodox builds(the usual CC type, condi burning, etc). With the changes to the healing signet there are actually quite a lot more diverse builds that work now.

Sadly, no matter what build I've used on my Warrior...it just isn't as "dynamic" as Engineer.

Proven

Dulfy summary for everyone else: http://dulfy.net/2013/12/06/gw2-pvp-developer-livestream-notes/

After watch the entire PvP stream, I'm really on the fence about their development.

Firstly, we had a quick Q&A about the recent blog post, some questions answered (even my own, about the Arcane forge materials - turns out I will free up 2 bank TABS "soon", because they will turn the materials to sell-able "junk"), some didn't have that chance - "what to do with my 10 stacks of win chests?". Nothing wrong in this section really, except for that "phone call", but it was sort of fun anyways.

Now, on one hand, we have one new healing skill for each of the 8 professions. Most of the skills (I think, except for the ranger's and thief's) are situational and they can actually punish you (talking more in PvP perspective, here) if you pop them mindlessly. In my book, that's a good direction away from the passive heals (and with future skills - passive effects in general), which will involve more skillful play and that is always good.
Plus the thing, that some of the skills are created with ally support in mind, it opens a good number of new possible builds and compositions.
Sounds great on paper, now we (as players) have to test and see them in action. I only hope they have their numbers right, else it can easily escalate as new forced meta.

But, on the other hand, we have what it looks to be a complete failure with this new (and temporally!) PvP Gold vendor. I believe it's a huge mistake to force glory + GOLD (as in gold, and not silver or copper) (and in not small amounts) costs in sPvP, where there was ZERO gold income (even with counting the dye crafting).
I know, that most of the sPvP players (me in that count) would be able to buy everything from the Vendor the moment it's live, because of the huge amount of stored glory, but isn't THAT the point of this temporally vendor - to act as a "glory sink", before gold (as currency) replace it?

And why, in Balthazar's name, BOXES?! What if from Human Tier 3 Medium Armor I only want the chest or the leggings? I have to buy the whole BOX set, which will waste half my spent currencies(in plural). (or maybe ALMOST, given how they do math over there...)
They are either stupid to overlook this, or not even whiling to spent couple more hours to add all items separately. Or, I'm afraid, they are both... It, most likely, was more dev time consuming creating these BOXES and add them in the vendor, then just add the armor sets' items (and what about weapons?!) in the vendor.

The inventory bag's are another complete bullshit!
12slot bag for 1000 glory and 20silver? It costs just 500 glory out from the rank 20 vendor. And R20 is doable in a day.
And 20slot bag for 6000 glory and 6gold?! They really are stupid. Should have at least added one in the R50 vendor.

Which leads us to the ways we get gold from PvPing. I'm 50/50 about Custom Arena's rates for wining/lossing to gold. The format itself is just hot-join - you are leaving a new game to join one, that is almost finished. It can really be exploitable, so it's overall (or what they implemented as CAP) reward should be a bit lower. But on other side, if you are honest player, just wanting to do your PvP daily (atm it needs 3 matches), I think you should be rewarded a bit more, then 15silver a win.

Now, about the Rated Matches, and especially the Team Arena, well they really need to rise the reward.
As I see it now - In Team Arena, you spend good amount of time looking for a group, or getting your teammates ready. Then you have a nice long queue to wait for. And lastly a 15 minute long match to play in. Let's average it to 3 matches per hour, that will be 90silvers per hour in a perfect scenario. And 45silvers if you are really unlucky with the matchmaking. Given the effort a player puts in Team Arena, it should be a bit more rewarding. Not double, but like +10silvers for wining and +5 for losing.
Same thing Solo Arena - +5silvers for wining and +2.5 for losing. At least now, 'Hugh' will be able to do the math...

They may adjust the gold rates like they adjusted the glory rates today.

As for the vendor... If you only have a few pieces of one of the cultural armors left in PvP, (I could be having a brain fart here) couldn't you just try to mystic forge craft it? That's a glory sink right there. The bags themselves don't feel too bad; the lower tier ones are for people just getting in. Yes, you can grind to rank 20 in a day but most people will get there after at least a week of consistently playing for a few hours each day. The 12 slot bag feels more like something for people who weren't PvPing that much and may start doing it after the patch. Actually, all of the bags feel like that. The 18 slot bag feels like a decent deal and even if they added the 20 slot bag to the rank vendors only a small percentage of the population could actually get them (although it would be nice if they added them in addition to the glory vendor as well).

The vendor as a whole feels like an inclusive addition; something for the PvP primary population but not for them only.

I'm more irritated by the gold prices of the armor sets in combination to the amount of gold gained from tournaments. I'd also like to have it increased. All things considered it feels like the most the PvP population gets is magic find to catch up to PvE people. They won't be making any money off of PvP since the vendor is glory and gold sink. We'll have to wonder what the full system is going to look like for that.

At the very least, with the glory reward being boosted a person can fund a custom server if he's playing several hours each day.

Just got my WvW Season 1 chest(s). I'm totally happy - lots of rares, an exotic, 500 Luck essense, 10 Tomes of Knowledge, and a bunch of other stuff. The wXp consumable ranked me up too.

GLopez12

Neo Member
Except for the mini, the WvW chest is awful. But that's not really surprising, considering how terrible the achievement chests were as well.

Proven

There are a surprising amount of people trying out solo queue for the first time today... Also, my MMR is so low that I'm getting a 50% win rate with the teams mixed with half of them.

Ashodin

5U7S25K.gif

I just love how this looks!

swnny

Dulfy summary for everyone else: http://dulfy.net/2013/12/06/gw2-pvp-developer-livestream-notes/

As for the vendor... If you only have a few pieces of one of the cultural armors left in PvP, (I could be having a brain fart here) couldn't you just try to mystic forge craft it? That's a glory sink right there. The bags themselves don't feel too bad; the lower tier ones are for people just getting in. Yes, you can grind to rank 20 in a day but most people will get there after at least a week of consistently playing for a few hours each day. The 12 slot bag feels more like something for people who weren't PvPing that much and may start doing it after the patch. Actually, all of the bags feel like that. The 18 slot bag feels like a decent deal and even if they added the 20 slot bag to the rank vendors only a small percentage of the population could actually get them (although it would be nice if they added them in addition to the glory vendor as well).

The vendor as a whole feels like an inclusive addition; something for the PvP primary population but not for them only.

I'm more irritated by the gold prices of the armor sets in combination to the amount of gold gained from tournaments. I'd also like to have it increased. All things considered it feels like the most the PvP population gets is magic find to catch up to PvE people. They won't be making any money off of PvP since the vendor is glory and gold sink. We'll have to wonder what the full system is going to look like for that.

To mystic forge the cultural armor, you need to be rank 60+, so with the current rates, you will farm the needed glory and gold to get all the BOXES long before you reach r60. :)

Bags, as everything in the vendor, are totally overpriced for a PvP only player (or a player playing mostly PvP). For new comers to PvP it may be just about right now.
But there should be a way to convert glory to gold, because there are a lot of players with millions of glory and few gold. At the moment there is no glory only vendor or a way to just turn your glory into gold.

And about:
They may adjust the gold rates like they adjusted the glory rates today.

At the very least, with the glory reward being boosted a person can fund a custom server if he's playing several hours each day.

I am 101% certain, that they will be no sort of compensation what so ever for the already played games. Basically - "Screw you and your 5000+ rated tournaments and matches played so far."

They can just look give out additional rank points (through the chests) for every Solo/Team arena Win (it's being tracked in both PvP stats and in the leaderboards), just like what they did with the WvW chests. But again, anet have no idea what to do and how to do it, so they constantly overlook small design changes...

Even in GW1 we were compensated for every title track change.
Players who already had acquired Gladiator points before the update on September 27, 2007, had their total number of points multiplied by 6 to compensate for the difficulty and raised tiers.
Players who already had acquired Gladiator points before the update on June 2, 2011, had their total number of points multiplied by 8 to compensate for the difficulty and raised tiers.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gladiator#Notes

Asd202

Thief healing skill is terrible not only it requires 60 points to spend in traits to be decent, but you can miss the 4 heal attacks it gives, the base heal is weaker than other heals and it has long cooldown. It's only decent for when you ally and you are mid health and he stands on you and you won't miss somehow the 4 blows on the target, simply terrible design like all venoms and traps thief skills really.

Proven

To mystic forge the cultural armor, you need to be rank 60+, so with the current rates, you will farm the needed glory and gold to get all the BOXES long before you reach r60. :)
Oh, you mean buying the pieces one of the time from PvE. The cultural armor felt like a PvP primary thing. It is the best example of not being inclusive.

Bags, as everything in the vendor, are totally overpriced for a PvP only player (or a player playing mostly PvP). For new comers to PvP it may be just about right now.
But there should be a way to convert glory to gold, because there are a lot of players with millions of glory and few gold. At the moment there is no glory only vendor or a way to just turn your glory into gold.
Yeah, you're right. There isn't one and I don't think they'll give us anything but indirect ones (like the Toxic lockboxes) because of the fear of shocking the economy. They probably know the total glory held across the game and are terrified of the possible gold injection if they actually do give out a decent conversion rate.

As for the glory+gold vendor, the only thing I can think of possibly being a decent glory sink is the mystery boxes if they actually end up being good. But they'll probably end up as a glory->magic find sink like they're doing with the excess tournament chest issue.

I am 101% certain, that they will be no sort of compensation what so ever for the already played games. Basically - "Screw you and your 5000+ rated tournaments and matches played so far."

They can just look give out additional rank points (through the chests) for every Solo/Team arena Win (it's being tracked in both PvP stats and in the leaderboards), just like what they did with the WvW chests. But again, anet have no idea what to do and how to do it, so they constantly overlook small design changes...

Even in GW1 we were compensated for every title track change.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gladiator#Notes
I'm certain we're not going to see retroactive rewards related to tournament wins for the same reason why there wasn't a rollback for the Skyhammer glory farmers and why we still have the issue of people switching between NA and EU regions being unable to get tournament chests (which I hear now is even affecting WvW players who swapped regions mid-season trying to get their Season 1 chests). I'm guessing there's an issue with the code that makes it impossible or impractical.

Knowing that I can still live with it as long as they do things like increased soloq and teamq rewards to make up for it when they try to fix their mistakes. Something like the doubling of tournament chests we've gotten for the past month to make up for the lack of them during Halloween. Equivalents to COD and Halo double XP weekends. Just more ways to catch up in general since they aren't going to do anything else about the past. There will probably be another glory sink related to some Wintersday items in the update as well so that's more stuff I can sell.

Also, I pray that they'll update activities (or at least Snowball fights) to give glory and gold.

Oh, I like that.

I don't use it, but http://gw2hero.com/# does the same thing, but is a Google Map you can zoom in on zones with, and it shows the actual locations of events.

I'm now officially on holiday, so I've added a bunch of sites to my '10 minutes a day' timer, to prevent procrastination. I'll be in GW2 at 9 tonight (and most of the rest of the month, whee), but won't be on the forums much until next year. Hope y'all have a good holiday.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
All areas - but because they can be spread out, you might not realize it. Use something like http://www.gw2state.com/events.html to see where events are at that moment.
I don't use it, but http://gw2hero.com/# does the same thing, but is a Google Map you can zoom in on zones with, and it shows the actual locations of events.

I'm now officially on holiday, so I've added a bunch of sites to my '10 minutes a day' timer, to prevent procrastination. I'll be in GW2 at 9 tonight (and most of the rest of the month, whee), but won't be on the forums much until next year. Hope y'all have a good holiday.

O:

oh my

also I noticed that the starting maps also tend to have events a lot

swnny

Oh, you mean buying the pieces one of the time from PvE. The cultural armor felt like a PvP primary thing. It is the best example of not being inclusive.

I mean the following - if I want a mixed set of cultural/dungeon armors from the new vendor, I HAVE to buy the WHOLE sets. For example - I want the Tier 3 Human Cultural Light Armor chest and leggings, the Citadel of Flame boots and gloves and the helmet and shouders from the Arah dungeon. To get these items, I need to buy all 3 sets, which will cost me a total of 100 000 glory and 80 gold!!! It's just ridiculous.
That's why they should allow us to get only individual parts of said armor set, like only the chest or the leggings.

Yeah, you're right. There isn't one and I don't think they'll give us anything but indirect ones (like the Toxic lockboxes) because of the fear of shocking the economy. They probably know the total glory held across the game and are terrified of the possible gold injection if they actually do give out a decent conversion rate.

As for the glory+gold vendor, the only thing I can think of possibly being a decent glory sink is the mystery boxes if they actually end up being good. But they'll probably end up as a glory->magic find sink like they're doing with the excess tournament chest issue.

Rewatch the Stream again, and at one point(around the 25min mark), when they are demonstrating the luck drops, that clown Hugh, bought few mystery boxes, and they turned just as another rank/win chests, which everyone have few stacks of.

I'm certain we're not going to see retroactive rewards related to tournament wins for the same reason why there wasn't a rollback for the Skyhammer glory farmers and why we still have the issue of people switching between NA and EU regions being unable to get tournament chests (which I hear now is even affecting WvW players who swapped regions mid-season trying to get their Season 1 chests). I'm guessing there's an issue with the code that makes it impossible or impractical.

Knowing that I can still live with it as long as they do things like increased soloq and teamq rewards to make up for it when they try to fix their mistakes. Something like the doubling of tournament chests we've gotten for the past month to make up for the lack of them during Halloween. Equivalents to COD and Halo double XP weekends. Just more ways to catch up in general since they aren't going to do anything else about the past. There will probably be another glory sink related to some Wintersday items in the update as well so that's more stuff I can sell.

You are probably right, their code will not allow them to give out the additional rank points, even if they agree they have to compensate us, which is the more doubtful thing here.

Also, I pray that they'll update activities (or at least Snowball fights) to give glory and gold.

Don't count much on this. I'm sure they will overlook this as well, like any other design decision they make.

Hello everyone!
I have started playing pretty recently, around a month ago, but I have been playing more regularly during last week.
I have a Ranger Sylvari at level 30, and I tried an elementalist but she is still at level 3 :)

I'll probably lurk more than post because I don't know the game that well yet, one day I'll be more active :D

Can I join the guild? My character name is Yoscitsune

Hello everyone!
I have started playing pretty recently, around a month ago, but I have been playing more regularly during last week.
I have a Ranger Sylvari at level 30, and I tried an elementalist but she is still at level 3 :)

I'll probably lurk more than post because I don't know the game that well yet, one day I'll be more active :D

Can I join the guild? My character name is Yoscitsune

Will add you in 5 minutes when I log in. Welcome to the guild.

Aquila

So I saw a couple of pages back that people were complaining about pugging fractals. Is there any interest in starting up a daily/weekly guild run or training camp again? I think we had one back when fractals first released but that's obviously died out.

From reading guild chat, it looks like a decent amount of our members have barely braved it, stopped farming around the 20's or 30's, or have nobody to run it with in the 50's.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I saw a couple of pages back that people were complaining about pugging fractals. Is there any interest in starting up a daily/weekly guild run or training camp again? I think we had one back when fractals first released but that's obviously died out.

From reading guild chat, it looks like a decent amount of our members have barely braved it, stopped farming around the 20's or 30's, or have nobody to run it with in the 50's.
At the least, I would be happy to commit to a weekly run. I'm only at level 21.

You will be able to chat with us but since you are in EU you won't be able to play with us, unless you transfer over to SBI.
Yes, I know about it :)
I was actually thinking of maybe changing server (if they'll do another free one)
Mine seems a bit empty. I thought it was because I was in the low-level part of the map, but there aren't that many people in the area around the tower either. For example yesterday I had to beat the Champion Demagogue alone because there was no one else around.
I actually managed to get into the tower once, only to discover that it was for level 80. And I was about level 25.

Yes, I know about it :)
I was actually thinking of maybe changing server (if they'll do another free one)
Mine seems a bit empty. I thought it was because I was in the low-level part of the map, but there aren't that many people in the area around the tower either. For example yesterday I had to beat the Champion Demagogue alone because there was no one else around.
I actually managed to get into the tower once, only to discover that it was for level 80. And I was about level 25.

The tower uplevels you to level 80, it's fine!

Also, I'm Euro too. There's not as many euros over here in SBI, obviously, but it's still awesome to be with most of the GAFbros. Finally, I think there's a transfer help fund for Euro people if you're interested to get over here.

One thing though is that "lack of people to kill low level champions" is a general problem everywhere, as people tend to flock together. You might suddenly see a mob murdering every champion in their path, or look at some champions for hours. In any case, being in GAFguild definitely helps getting people for stuff. :)

The tower uplevels you to level 80, it's fine!
Wow, I didn't even notice XD Maybe I'll go back there later.

I'll think about changing server, for now this one is fine.
Recently I started having trouble with it actually, I keep lagging and getting disconnected. Is it just me or is this a general problem?

I'd also be interested, I stopped at 12. :p

Wow, I didn't even notice XD Maybe I'll go back there later.

I'll think about changing server, for now this one is fine.
Recently I started having trouble with it actually, I keep lagging and getting disconnected. Is it just me or is this a general problem?

http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/stormbluff-isle-immigration-fund.312/
Post on that thread if you are interested in transfering over to SBI. I'm sure we can collect some gold for you to transfer over. We have already done it for many EU players. They do not experience any extra lag.

ibnT4cjdDZ1gfg.jpg

Had a great time with [GAF] last night - I don't think I've ever done so many successful back-to-back Guild missions. The brand crystal bit, both bounties, everyone beeing too drunk while doing Mansion to actually hit anything, a ghost wolf rush I'd never seen before, and then finishing off Karka Queen just for good measure. [GAF] rolled into Southsun like a wrecking ball.

I ended up taking almost no screenshots, because I was too busy playing. Next time :p

ibnT4cjdDZ1gfg.jpg

Had a great time with [GAF] last night - I don't think I've ever done so many successful back-to-back Guild missions. The brand crystal bit, both bounties, everyone beeing too drunk while doing Mansion to actually hit anything, a ghost wolf rush I'd never seen before, and then finishing off Karka Queen just for good measure. [GAF] rolled into Southsun like a wrecking ball.

I ended up taking almost no screenshots, because I was too busy playing. Next time :p

darn. running natively at that res sure looks good. I have my graphics set to subsampling:/ maybe I should try overclocking my i7 950... 3 GHz is not enough for dis game!

Shiokazu

if its of anyone's interest, i'll be farming linen at fireheart rise. come and join if you're still leveling your crafting, or just want to score some cash next week.

Any PvE Guardians out there that can help me out?

After today's run with my friends in Fractals, I realized our team composition isn't so great.

We're:

Engineer, (me, Pistol/Shield)
Engineer, (Dual Pistols)
Mesmer, (Not sure)
Warrior (Greatsword / Longbow)
Warrior (Dual Swords? / Longbow)

I have a level 80 Guardian running http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mccz0oz9MmaGbmmvNbm0x0xaoaqMkqo8khT707khT7070M7kNc70V7owX70m and full Valkyries set (armour and weapons) in the wings, that I'm thinking of using for Fractals/Dungeons when running with the group. But I've got no idea what I'm doing, or how best to help the team. We seem to lack condition removal for some reason (Mai Trin was giving us hell on Fractal 1, for pete's sake).

Any suggestions as to what I should do with the Guardian, to raise our survivability? I'm trying to bolster confidence a bit, so we can tackle harder content together.

kiriin

I have a level 80 Guardian running http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mccz0oz9MmaGbmmvNbm0x0xaoaqMkqo8khT707khT7070M7kNc70V7owX70m and full Valkyries set (armour and weapons) in the wings, that I'm thinking of using for Fractals/Dungeons guardian ning with the group. But I've got no idea what I'm doing, or how best to help the team. We seem to lack condition removal for some reason (Mai Trin was giving us hell on Fractal 1, for pete's sake).

Any suggestions as to what I should do with the Guardian, to raise our survivability? I'm trying to bolster confidence a bit, so we can tackle harder content together.

That trait build your using is similar to what Brazil from DnT runs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXkXtAmLlvs&
Except full zerker gear which isn't recommended if your new to fotm or still learning mechanics of every single fight/scenario. If youre concern about your survivability then run the standard altruistic healing 0/0/30/30/10 with knight's gear. It a bit mundane but that what I ran on my guardian until the lvl 30s and 40s.

The most important is learning the mechanics of all the bosses/fractals. Afterward it matter of running gear that your comfortable with and swapping traits and util skills at certain scenario.

Shiokazu

Any PvE Guardians out there that can help me out?

After today's run with my friends in Fractals, I realized our team composition isn't so great.

We're:

Engineer, (me, Pistol/Shield)
Engineer, (Dual Pistols)
Mesmer, (Not sure)
Warrior (Greatsword / Longbow)
Warrior (Dual Swords? / Longbow)

I have a level 80 Guardian running http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mccz0oz9MmaGbmmvNbm0x0xaoaqMkqo8khT707khT7070M7kNc70V7owX70m and full Valkyries set (armour and weapons) in the wings, that I'm thinking of using for Fractals/Dungeons when running with the group. But I've got no idea what I'm doing, or how best to help the team. We seem to lack condition removal for some reason (Mai Trin was giving us hell on Fractal 1, for pete's sake).

im going on a carion set, with soldier trinkets.

in PVE even for fractals anything works, the real thing is what skills you are going to bring into the current boss, meaning you will have do adapt.

against mai i recomend you to run staff/scepter (focus/shield/torch) and use signet of resolve, signet of mercy, stand your ground, and hold the line, for elite skill anything goes but you'd be good with tome of courage.

SINCE i am a burning guardian, i could keep mai with some nice blind time, while giving my party a small dps burst burning justice every time it was up, staff was used to keep the speed on the party, small damage output on mai, and have a burst of might. scepter was for when i could jump at her and apply some burning using torch. thanks to the traits staff's symbol was also healing, helping the mitigation.

the important part is the signet of mercy and the shouts, hold the line was being cast all time by me, together with stand your ground, for retaliation.

TL;DR i recomend you to help the party on the mitigation + boons side, skills and traits are more important here than stats. your only real problem is the cannon shower.

Ironically, the cannon shower is zero issue, we never die to it. Thankfully, everyone is good at not standing in the fire. Anomaly in Thauma is a total pushover thanks to that.

That trait build your using is similar to what Brazil from DnT runs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXkXtAmLlvs& .

I know it's just me, but man, I cannot watch this kind of stuff. Couldn't he just link the build in info? Sitting through 12 minutes of someone droning on, when a 10 second read would suffice. I'm getting too old for this internet crap. Everyone just wants to make the youtubes instead of writing a single word.

maneil99

Just got back into the game, only level 21, how do I get into the tower of nightmare, theres tons of enemies luring outside. Also seems very dead, its a rare site to see anyone wandering around :(

Wow. Just wow. World vs World is SO much better when your join your server's mumble(or teamspeak, whatever service). The awareness of what is going on is amazing. Even if you don't have a headset, get in there! Wish I had done it ages ago.

Complistic

Just got back into the game, only level 21, how do I get into the tower of nightmare, theres tons of enemies luring outside. Also seems very dead, its a rare site to see anyone wandering around :(

run past the enemies to the door. You should be able to make it.

I haven't played in 13 months, but I'm thinking of playing again...what have I missed?

My guy is level 80 and I had 100% world completion (put in 500 hours in less than 3 months of playing). Now I'm missing a couple of vistas and waypoints, but I don't see a new area on the map.

Name is Varax if anyone remembers my character. Charr Ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom