• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Bazaar of the Four Winds area has some of the fastest exp I ever experienced in this game. I blew through 70 - 72 so fast just by killing those spawnable champions. If you kill them too much you will get a penalty for a bit but that's a good cue to take a break and get back at it. If this area don't leave after a few weeks I'll probably level up there exclusively. I have Mesmer and Guardian to get to 80 if it's gone soon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I had flipped back to Kiel to keep things crazy but I realized Evon is also sponsoring the Hunger Royale (Southsun Survival) and I really do want that Abbadon fractal. I'm gonna do both of their achievements... and then some extra for Evon.

nataku

Do all of you know who you're voting for already?

Kiel. I want to know what happened in the reactor more than seeing what I already know happened to Abbaddon play out.

It probably has something to do with dragons, which are already a big mystery. The sooner we start dealing with more dragons in the story, the better.

hythloday

Do all of you know who you're voting for already?

COMPLETELY UNDECIDED. /cry

I don't give a hoot about minigames (although Southsun Survival sounds cooler than the other one).

The Fall of Abaddon fractal sounds really, really cool. They could do a lot with the idea, as this Wooden Potatoes video illustrates. Although something really interesting and cool could have happened at the Thaumanova Reactor and we may never know what it was if Kiel doesn't win. That's what's killing me. One thing that does give me pause is that we do know the Inquest was involved, and the Inquest are already everywhere in the game, so that aspect is not particularly exciting to me. I'll probably go Gnashblade just for the fractal.

For a plant guy trahearne is p.hot. I want him to read to me the Guild Wars books mmm

I... didn't know this was a thing. (Although, Rule 34 and all that...) It is kind of endearing when he talks about Clawr Island.

Personally, I'm a little more fond of Doern Velazquez.

Complistic

gotta vote for kiel because

1372976-jack___subject_zero_10_by_johntesh.jpg

Trey

I briefly considered going back to GW1 in order to go for GWAMM. Then I remembered all the time and bullshit I'd have to go through in order to complete that title track and I was like nah.

Horde mode will be glorious. Do mobs drop loot in that mode? Does anyone know?

Massively said:
You'll choose to support either Kiel or Gnashblade at the start of the challenge and then hold out against against waves of Aetherblades. The bad news? You and your party will be the only thing standing between the sky pirates and a downed airship that they'd like very much to loot. The good news? The more Aetherblades you manage to defeat, the more loot you'll get. More good news: That loot has a chance to include those really cool Aetherblade weapons fans have been looking for since they were first introduced.

Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/0...en-candidate-in-guild-wars-2s-cutthroat-poli/

I don't know if that answers your question.

Complistic

awesome. I don't imagine the drops will be as good as broken events in orr, but I love slaughtering wave after wave of enemies.

Retro

From Twitter:
Our #GW2 developer livestream begins today at Noon PDT. Join us for a live Cutthroat Politics preview! http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2 ~RB2

Stars in abut 10 minutes!

Horde mode will be glorious.

I didn't care for Gears of War, but I spent a ridiculous amount of time playing Firefight in Halo ODST. Too bad Reach killed it and Halo 4 buried it... But yes, surviving wave after wave of enemies is always a blast; getting some Aetherblade weapons is just icing on the cake. I hope it sticks around for a while, or is a prelude to a larger "Arena" mode where you fight waves of different enemies (other than Aetherblades, I mean).

Trey

I didn't care for Gears of War, but I spent a ridiculous amount of time playing Firefight in Halo ODST. Too bad Reach killed it and Halo 4 buried it... But yes, surviving wave after wave of enemies is always a blast; getting some Aetherblade weapons is just icing on the cake. I hope it sticks around for a while, or is a prelude to a larger "Arena" mode where you fight waves of different enemies (other than Aetherblades, I mean).

The best.

Retro

Hmm... Livestream is late...
Livestream is up! http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

The best.

ODST Halo is best Halo.

The first game hit the right notes because you're one soldier (admittedly, a super soldier) on an ancient, alien construct with a giant covenant army bearing down on you. You feel isolated and alone, even when you've got a lot of regular soldiers around you.

From Halo 2 onwards, you were sort of treated as a superhero or demigod, and the mythology of the series embraced it to the point where, in Halo 4, it's become literal. ODST though... regular solider in an overrun, evacuated city... it hit those notes from Halo 1 perfectly. I'm also a huge fan of the ODST Silenced-SMG.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
ODST Halo is best Halo.

The first game hit the right notes because you're one soldier (admittedly, a super soldier) on an ancient, alien construct with a giant covenant army bearing down on you. You feel isolated and alone, even when you've got a lot of regular soldiers around you.

From Halo 2 onwards, you were sort of treated as a superhero or demigod, and the mythology of the series embraced it to the point where, in Halo 4, it's become literal. ODST though... regular solider in an overrun, evacuated city... it hit those notes from Halo 1 perfectly. I'm also a huge fan of the ODST Silenced-SMG.
Jesus. Good thing I stopped playing that.

Trey

Hopefully in future iterations of the Horde mode, they add interactive maps, cannons and walls placeable by players, siege, etc.

nataku

Hopefully in future iterations of the Horde mode, they add interactive maps, cannons and walls placeable by players, siege, etc.

If they ever add walls that can be placed by players they need to add those to WvW maps as well (with limits).

Retro

Halo and ODST were my favorites too! Halo 2 multiplayer though.

Yeah, I spent an absurd amount of time in H2 Multiplayer. Every subsequent game was trying to recapture that magic. GOD, I miss Halo 2 Multiplayer, even if there were issues, they were nothing compared to what came in subsequent games.

Jesus. Good thing I stopped playing that.

Yeeeeep. Halo 4 Spoilers:
At one point in the game, you bump into an AI construct of the Librarian, who 'accelerates the evolutionary journey' of Master Chief to withstand the Composer, a weapon the Diadact uses to convert humans into Prometheans, along with "other gifts". She does this because her original plan, planting the genetic seeds necessary for humanity to defeat the Flood 10,000 years ago, hasn't finished yet, so Master Chief is, in effect, a super-advanced Savior of Humanity at a genetic level, instead of just being one really lucky, skilled soldier.

Yep...

jersoc

so, I guess i should start doing fractals again to get those back items :|
was hoping they would add them in another way, but i guess not.

edit:halo 4 was pretty bad. every damn enemy was a bullet sponge. fuck you devs for making enemies bullet sponges in fps games lately. that shit aint fun. ever. doesnt make it harder too. makes me not buy your games.

Aquila

Chasm Ten... Endure... Never forget.

Aquila

Chasm Ten was fantastic, and more than anything made me want a Boarding Action-style map to pop up in multiplayer... /sigh.

Did you finish SpOps in 4? The later episodes had some similar setups. They're worth a playthrough if only for trolololo fun.

Retro

Did you finish SpOps in 4? The later episodes had some similar setups. They're worth a playthrough if only for trolololo fun.

I haven't played H4 since the week it came out. Beat single player, tried multiplayer for a weekend, never touched it again. Everything was a disappointment, I've accepted that 343's vision for Halo just isn't something I want... especially since the next part of the story requires an XBone purchase.

Levyne

Banned
I haven't read or watched maby previews for this so I am to a degree going in blind. Maybe late tonight when I am free.

Aquila

I haven't played H4 since the week it came out. Beat single player, tried multiplayer for a weekend, never touched it again. Everything was a disappointment, I've accepted that 343's vision for Halo just isn't something I want... especially since the next part of the story requires an XBone purchase.

That's a shame but understandable. Short of Crimson Dragon being absolutely incredible, I don't plan to keep my live account much longer either. If you still have gold, I'd say finish spartan ops at least. Its second half is much better than the first and while it for sure doesn't even come close to firefight, it is a lot of fun on legendary with friends.

Retro

That's a shame but understandable. Short of Crimson Dragon being absolutely incredible, I don't plan to keep my live account much longer either. If you still have gold, I'd say finish spartan ops at least. Its second half is much better than the first and while it for sure doesn't even come close to firefight, it is a lot of fun on legendary with friends.

Nah, my live subscription is long gone, sick of wasting my money on it. I think playing H4 at this point would just make me depressed... or angry.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Yeeeeep. Halo 4 Spoilers:
At one point in the game, you bump into an AI construct of the Librarian, who 'accelerates the evolutionary journey' of Master Chief to withstand the Composer, a weapon the Diadact uses to convert humans into Prometheans, along with "other gifts". She does this because her original plan, planting the genetic seeds necessary for humanity to defeat the Flood 10,000 years ago, hasn't finished yet, so Master Chief is, in effect, a super-advanced Savior of Humanity at a genetic level, instead of just being one really lucky, skilled soldier.

Yep...
...that's fan fiction, right?

I didn't care for Gears of War, but I spent a ridiculous amount of time playing Firefight in Halo ODST. Too bad Reach killed it and Halo 4 buried it... But yes, surviving wave after wave of enemies is always a blast; getting some Aetherblade weapons is just icing on the cake.

I've spent quite some time playing War for Cybertron's Escalation mode with pals (basically, its horde equivalent). Going from the secured place you're holding (because it has the health vending machine) and having to exit it momentarily in order to fetch ammo, going through the mob of enemies by turning into a super fast car (or a jet) never gets old, nor does boosting into enemies as a truck and putting them in orbit. Loved the physics, inertia and feel of transforming in both it and Fall.

TrounceX

Heh, kind of funny to see Halo talk in here. That's where I come from. I spent like 6 years playing nonstop, have been to 8 MLG events, and even held pro status for 1 of them. Which was awesome because MLG gives you a stipend to pay for flight/hotel/food etc. I just carpooled there, slept in the car, and pocketed the money. Good times.

Overall it was just too stressful to keep up with the competition, which is why I picked up GW in the first place.

Anyways I'm rambling. But If anyone ever wants to play Halo, hit me up! We will never lose!

Lunar15

A vote for Gnashblade is a vote for quaggan related accessories.

Also, Charr are cool. Too many humans on the council already. Gotta balance it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom