• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Hyde

Stormbluff Isle, here I come! I have not played this game since the first couple of weeks it went retail due to getting busy and then my pc dying. I built a new pc a month ago, so it's now time to jump back into the Guild Wars 2 world.

Kite

I've started leveling up a Sylvari warrior after messing around with the armor previewer and fell in love with their cultural tier 2 male heavy armor with the t3 headpiece. In the past I've made and deleted many sylvari characters because I could not make one who didn't look like a silly tree man (I know that is what they are), but have finally come up with a face and body color that looks more like a demon. I already have a human guardian who looks like your typical knight archetype but this looks simply badass. Soon my warrior will look like this~

z5jjzRf.png

Retro

Yeah, I've been extremely tempted to do a Sylvari Guardian in the past, after a GAFer named Araman posted these on GAFGuild a while ago;

The demon look is better for a Warrior though. That's a great look, if they ever roll out another Heavy armor profession I will be sorely tempted to go Sylvari.

Kite

Man that greatsword looks badass as well, gonna have to look it up. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this character :D Soon.. I will get out of this janky lowbie armor and into something more badass! I'm just sad that I used my instant lvl 1 to 20 ticket on my ele alt instead when I don't really intent to play her that much.

LQZdm4h.png

Retro

Man that greatsword looks badass as well, gonna have to look it up.

I believe that's the Sylvari Tier 3 cultural weapon. I think with the demonic look you've got going though, you'd prefer the Twilight Arbor greatsword;

100ff82dpxri.png

Here's the ingame link: [&AgHOQwAA]

Complistic

you guys can't bait me like this

DVLzKvT.jpg

Took me forever, but I finally found a secondary color for my armor that matched my skin tone haha.

Jira

If you have played GW1 you should have an good idea of what to expect, if you haven't expect at least 2weeks of celebration....

Well ANet has outdone Mad King and Wintersday thus far so I expect them to outdo their anniversary celebrations as well.

nataku

If I don't find a blue birthday present with a golden ribbon in the mail on the day my characters turn 1 I'll be disappointed.

Jira

If I don't find a blue birthday present with a golden ribbon in the mail on the day my characters turn 1 I'll be disappointed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do something much more elaborate than bday presents. If they go the mini route they're going to need to create a whole line of new minis that are exclusive to the bday presents.

Levyne

Banned
I originally had 5 slots immediately filled for the purpose of birthday presents, but 2 characters have since bee deleted.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do something much more elaborate than bday presents. If they go the mini route they're going to need to create a whole line of new minis that are exclusive to the bday presents.

They'll release an entirely new lineup... of various colored Risen Priests of Balth. ;p

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
AWESOME TIPS (i.e. "Why don't other MMOs have that?!")
- There are no mailboxes anywhere, because you can send and receive mail anywhere via messenger pigeons.

Son of a bitch, asshole game never explains these things properly. :p

(enjoying my boomstick Engineer very much so far, though thinking of rerolling as an Asura for added knockback hilarity)

Can I still join the guild even though I'm from europe and I don't play every day?

Just feel naked without a guild in a game called guild wars >.<

Got a second monitor that wasn't being used by my parents after seeing ash and Retro GW2 setups. I also did the Ellen Kiel and Evon wallpapers on each monitor but then wife said "why don't you do that with our faces?" So I obliged.

6skrZRm.jpg

Retro

Got a second monitor that wasn't being used by my parents after seeing ash and Retro GW2 setups. I also did the Ellen Kiel and Evon wallpapers on each monitor but then wife said "why don't you do that with our faces?" So I obliged.

Something seems a little... off... ah, I know.

beardjppjg.jpg

That's better...

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Asura opening zone >> Silvari tree people zone.
Can I still join the guild even though I'm from europe and I don't play every day?

Just feel naked without a guild in a game called guild wars >.<

I'm European as well, but I rolled on the US GAF server for the guild. Afaik EU and US servers don't talk to each other.

Yes, iirc i picked gandara
Guesting does not work between different regions so you won't be able to play with us since we are in Stormbluff isle (NA).

If you are new and character is not that leveled up you can delete character and start a new one in Stormbluff isle for free.

Something seems a little... off... ah, I know.

That's better...
I just trimmed my beard so give me a break! Lol

hythloday

If you're in Gandara you can still join the guild and have access to chat, but you won't be able to guest to SBI for missions/grouping. You are still welcome to join!

Retro

Well if i can just create a character on the other server, sure.

It's not as easy as that; all of your characters are tied to a single server, so you can't just make one on Gandara and one on SBI. You have to delete all of your characters, at which point the game basically treats you like a new player and allows you to pick a new home server.

The good news is, names are reserved for 24 hours after you delete them, and your bank's contents don't disappear; you can stash any money or non-soulbound items inside for your new character to use.

Retro

Thats ok, I only have 2 characters, nowhere near high levels lol. So I'll do that :)

Yeah, definitely the cheaper option. Make sure you get their gold, non-soulbound weapons/armor, gathering tools (they're account bound now) and, though you probably haven't bought any, any town clothes you might have. Might be a good idea to take a close-up screencap so you can get their looks right too.

I deleted a character with the special GW2 Launch Hat, I wouldn't use it much these days anyways but it was still a bummer.

Retro

The Releases page is updated, which means we get a big of art on the August 6th update;

cc8218-6_qj_nexthero_bjaoz.jpg

File name is "cc8218-6_QJ_NextHero_EN.jpg". EN is obviously "English"... so what is QJ_NextHero all about?

Looks like a bunch of soldiers saluting. The face on the nearest character looks Charr-like, but the characters in the background look human. I don't think I've ever seen a Charr with 4 horns curling forward like that either.

Quest for J?
Quarry of Jade?

Not a lot of stuff starts with Q, so that should help narrow it down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Eh? https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/july-23-content-release-notes/

Most important stuffs would be:
Support tokens for Evon Gnashblade and Ellen Kiel will no longer be accepted at Zephyr Sanctum after 11 a.m. PST on August 5.
A Player Instrument Volume slider has been added to the Sound Options panel.
hah
Election Support Bundles can be used to help players support Evon Gnashblade or Ellen Kiel in their campaign to be elected to the Captain&#8217;s Council. Each support bundle contains a buff that will double the players&#8217; votes cast for 30 minutes and display five banners that can be placed to visually show the players&#8217; support in the world. Support bundles are available in the Consumable category for 125 gems each or 5 packs for 500 gems.
buy your support today :p

New Black Lion Stuff: Black Lion Chests drop ticket scraps or rare full tickets; 10 ticket scraps = a ticket. Ticket = an Aetherblade weapon. Aetherblade weapons from BLCs can be traded before use.
Aetherblade Weapons are permanent; however, there is a discount in their cost (1 ticket versus 5 tickets) during this event. Of course, they can also be obtained randomly from the Candidate Trials.

edit: Oh, I should've said not just that Aetherblade Weapons are permanentl, but that it looks like a number of skins will be added to the game using this method:
Tickets and ticket scraps will continue to drop from the Black Lion Chest and can be used for select future weapon sets.
New weapon skins purchased with a Black Lion Claim Ticket are now tradable until used.

Rune of the Centaur: Fixed a bug that caused the swiftness internal cooldown to be 15 seconds instead of 10.
Hey, fuck you.

Retro

• A Player Instrument Volume slider has been added to the Sound Options panel.

And thus ended the tyrannical reign of the Hornblowers.

• Impale: This skill now applies torment instead of bleeding. Two stacks of torment are now applied upon the sword&#8217;s impact.

Okay, I'm a Warrior main and even I have to say this is getting fucking ridiculous now. REALLY?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Torment for everybody!

Pulled a little more from the guide:
Support Tokens can be acquired from slain mobs; in dungeons; by participing in Candidate Trials, Southsun Survival and Aspect Arena; and in World vs. World. They can also be purchased from the vendor Shady Quill.
Many of the achievements require you to support your candidate while performing things like events and dailies in the open world.

Reknoc

The Releases page is updated, which means we get a big of art on the August 6th update;

cc8218-6_qj_nexthero_bjaoz.jpg

File name is "cc8218-6_QJ_NextHero_EN.jpg". EN is obviously "English"... so what is QJ_NextHero all about?

Looks like a bunch of soldiers saluting. The face on the nearest character looks Charr-like, but the characters in the background look human. I don't think I've ever seen a Charr with 4 horns curling forward like that either.

Quest for J?
Quarry of Jade?

Not a lot of stuff starts with Q, so that should help narrow it down.

Queen Jennah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom