• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Merry Christmas / Holidas / Kwanzaa / Festivus, GAFalonians. I'll probably be on for a bit tonight. I feel like a dungeon or two, maybe.

I MEAN, BALOR'S EYE! IM NOT EVEN CHRISTIAN, COME ON!

Wait, what? You do know we're a Christian-oriented guild, right? We were founded on the principles of faith, family and the teachings of Jesus Christ, to spread the word of the gospel in .... yeeeeeeeeah, I can't even bullshit my way through this one.

GW2 is a great game, but my ideal MMO would be level-less and class-less. Everything would be horizontal, requiring the player to improve rather than their character's stats or gear.

I sometimes wish there was a 'hardcore' mode for Guild Wars 2, like, when you create a character, you can choose the mode. It removes most of the HUD, you can't use waypoints (only asura gates), there's no DE event notifiers, you can't turn player and enemy names on (so no labels at all). Stuff like that. And the reward for playing that mode, other than it being far more satisfying in the long run, is something like bonus MF and XP, or something.

I sometimes wish there was a 'hardcore' mode for Guild Wars 2, like, when you create a character, you can choose the mode. It removes most of the HUD, you can't use waypoints (only asura gates), there's no DE event notifiers, you can't turn player and enemy names on (so no labels at all). Stuff like that. And the reward for playing that mode, other than it being far more satisfying in the long run, is something like bonus MF and XP, or something.
Hit CTRL+ALT+H for optional hard mode. Its really quite satisfying if you have you have the game well memorized.

Shiokazu

Merry Christmas / Holidas / Kwanzaa / Festivus, GAFalonians. I'll probably be on for a bit tonight. I feel like a dungeon or two, maybe.

Wait, what? You do know we're a Christian-oriented guild, right? We were founded on the principles of faith, family and the teachings of Jesus Christ, to spread the word of the gospel in .... yeeeeeeeeah, I can't even bullshit my way through this one.

i know right? i mean, why cant i spend my christmas with my... nvm i dont have any around in this country.

GW2 is a great game, but my ideal MMO would be level-less and class-less. Everything would be horizontal, requiring the player to improve rather than their character's stats or gear.

there was once a game just like this one, it had hud but it was all about skill, and it was called: Survival Project.

players were rewarded by their skills mostly, the levels were so symbolic they were not even numbers, they represented your levels by different jewel tiers.

i miss that game, HELL it even had guard, dodge, counter guard and other stuff that required you to time your shit well. hit points and mana points were in %, they never went up and defense could only be improved a little by upgrading your armor cards.

full skill, AND THEY HAD TO SHUT IT DOWN EVERYWHERE BUT CHINA!

anyway i'll be around dead end bar tonight, if anyone wants to come around, and im up to dungeons, fractals, roaming, exploration, doing events, just call i'll answer. Like always but with more care today because i dont know.

Anno

I don't really play many alts, but today I fired up a D/D ele because I really love high movement/high skill characters and that seems like one of the best choices. Air-attuned d/d seems *so* close being an amazing class that really embraces what a master of magic should be like. So close. It feels like one tweak to Ride the Lightning and maybe a little bit more damage and control to back that up would make it near perfect. I'll certainly continue with hopes that traits and further changes get it to what I want the class to be.

Honestly, s/d(f) and staff feel more like magic mastery to me. Combining skills to make the ele more than the sum of its parts.

D/D ele has a lot more twitch play and the combo system isn't nearly as involved. It feels much more like a gish.

Complistic

Honestly, s/d(f) and staff feel more like magic mastery to me. Combining skills to make the ele more than the sum of its parts.

D/D ele has a lot more twitch play and the combo system isn't nearly as involved. It feels much more like a gish.

It's easy to shut down as well if you dont lose your cool.

Anno

Maybe it's unfair but I really want D/D to play like something akin to Dota2 Storm Spirit. If Ride the Lightning was maybe a 5 second recharge if you connect and had a 1s stun it seems like a solid build, Maybe dial back the damage just a bit and increase the movement. `

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So kinda sorta bad news, I gotta babysit for some little ones next saturday and it might run over into mission time. Since I'm doing the lottery drawing stuff myself and I might not make it this time, would it be horrible to push it back to the following Saturday, 1/4?
Would give the pot a bit longer to marinate... but, if there are people who know they couldn't make it then instead we can work something out so that we can still do the drawing at this Sat. Fever.

This is the only way I'd play. There are a lot of UI elements I like and consider necessary, but would prefer the immersion of as few as possible and all the other limitations.
Hit CTRL+ALT+H for optional hard mode. Its really quite satisfying if you have you have the game well memorized.
I cleared much of Bloodtide Coast this way, while about 6 levels too "young" for the area I was in, and it was incredibly satisfying and rewarding, but certain elements were just too annoying to keep it up for long. Not seeing what you pick up or inventory full messages for one, and I always forgot to use my elite at all because of not being able to see the cooldown. Knowing that you completed a heart just from the pigeon bringing you the reward was amazing though.

Tabby

So does anyone here play in Europe?
Getting lonely playing by my lonesome.
Coming back to this after months to find my previous guild inactive.

So does anyone here play in Europe?
Getting lonely playing by my lonesome.
Coming back to this after months to find my previous guild inactive.

We have lots of European players that moved over to Stormbluff Isle NA server and they do not have any problem with lag. The GAF Guild in NA is big and active so if you want you should join us and we can try to help you with transferring over to NA server.

Tabby

Merry Christmas!
We have lots of European players that moved over to Stormbluff Isle NA server and they do not have any problem with lag. The GAF Guild in NA is big and active so if you want you should join us and we can try to help you with transferring over to NA server.
If I transfer to NA will I be able to transfer back no problem? My internet isn't the best and I'm worried about the lag, I've never had a download go over 600kb/s.

Merry Christmas!

If I transfer to NA will I be able to transfer back no problem? My internet isn't the best and I'm worried about the lag, I've never had a download go over 600kb/s.
I have transferred over two weeks ago and had no problems whatsoever. Only one day i got disconnecred randomly but it may have been my modem fault.

Merry Christmas!

I'm afraid if you're in EU, you need to pay up (quite a lot of) gems to transfer. Either that, or delete all your characters; at that point you can choose your server for free. And obviously, you need to do the same to go back to EU.

If you're convinced to go US, there's a fund for helping people transfer, over at the GAFGuild forums. But I'm not sure you're too convinced, so...

Tabby

I'm afraid if you're in EU, you need to pay up (quite a lot of) gems to transfer. Either that, or delete all your characters; at that point you can choose your server for free. And obviously, you need to do the same to go back to EU.

If you're convinced to go US, there's a fund for helping people transfer, over at the GAFGuild forums. But I'm not sure you're too convinced, so...

1800 is a lot of gems god damn,
I'll just stay in Europe by myself.

1800 is a lot of gems god damn,
I'll just stay in Europe by myself.

No need to do that if you do not want.

Post your account name here, I'll add you to the guild. Then join GAFGuild.com and post in this thread: http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/stormbluff-isle-immigration-fund.312/ so that we can start collecting some gold for you to transfer over. We won't be able to transfer you back though but I doubt you will want to switch once you get to play with us...we are like the best people on the internet.

Tabby

No need to do that if you do not want.

Post your account name here, I'll add you to the guild. Then join GAFGuild.com and post in this thread: http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/stormbluff-isle-immigration-fund.312/ so that we can start collecting some gold for you to transfer over. We won't be able to transfer you back though but I doubt you will want to switch once you get to play with us...we are like the best people on the internet.

Right, I see thanks.
Account name is ItsThatAsianBoy.2095

I wish I never read that comment about how the lighting on player models always has a light source from the right side. No matter if I turn or if my shadows fall in a different direction, my right side is lit up. The contrast looks nice, but now I can never un-see it, yargh.

I wish I never read that comment about how the lighting on player models always has a light source from the right side. No matter if I turn or if my shadows fall in a different direction, my right side is lit up. The contrast looks nice, but now I can never un-see it, yargh.

Odd. I loaded it up to see this for myself, but can't reproduce the results. Not in Kessex anyway. The major light source was always from the sun. Even the specular on the eyes, were correct and only showing if my character was looking at the major lightsource.

Were you in a specific place, like a dungeon or something?

Odd. I loaded it up to see this for myself, but can't reproduce the results. Not in Kessex anyway. The major light source was always from the sun. Even the specular on the eyes, were correct and only showing if my character was looking at the major lightsource.

Were you in a specific place, like a dungeon or something?
Here's an example using a northern spot in Frostgorge, a popular spot for Ancient Wood nodes:
iboj7vBYt7xsuy.png

Turn the camera 180 degrees:
ibvhi039Jnm1SE.png

Retro

this guild is so dead

KuGsj.gif

There were actually 3 people on this morning around 9 Eastern. On Christmas Day, when people are supposed to be spending time with their families, we had GAFers on chatting. Eventually more people got on, but that was the lowest I've ever seen our numbers drop.

I just reached level 80 and I do not know what to do. I am still using gear from 66-75. Where do I even begin to look to upgrade? I have 55 gold and 110K karma.

Retro

I just reached level 80 and I do not know what to do. I am still using gear from 66-75. Where do I even begin to look to upgrade? I have 55 gold and 110K karma.

Run dungeons (CoF is usually fastest), get tokens and gold. Use to buy exotics. If you're desperate, just buy some level 80 greens and blues, you won't be too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom