• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Been a while since I've posted here. Has anyone heard of any news about new weapons or utilities any time soon?

Nothing on that front since Colin's mid-2013 blog article, and since then we've gotten the new heals so technically he was right. They've said they're using this longer-than-usual break to make sure the next updates are really good, so maybe we'll get something like that in the near future.

It's weird going this long without some rumblings of the future.

ALSO: Stop hiding on steam or whatever, Meg wanted to tell you all about our new cat.

hythloday

Hey guys, we just heard from Ferny and the Mumble account now has $142.73 in it. At $9.99/month, Mumble is now covered for at least the next 14 months! That's awesome!

Thanks everyone for being so generous, and SUPER thanks to the couple of anonymous folks who donated $60 and $25 in one chunk respectively. I don't know who you are, but you get some gold stars for that! :)

Good to be home again, even though I had a great time in Chile. :D

Thanks again to Hawkian for selling all my cloth. That 200g will go a long way towards my next legendary.

Proven

I expected that cloth would skyrocket, since every armor profession requires it. That's why I went all in on cloth. Too bad I sold earlier than I should've. :S

This is a fact that I wasn't especially cognizant about. I only had three crafting professions at 400 by the time the first year anniversary rolled around. Crafting was never something I was all that interested in, and even when the game first launched and I was playing with some close friends I'd constantly send them all my materials if I was near a guild bank while they were online.

I wish I had done a little more research. All the profit I've made since Dec. 10th (about 50g or so) has come from power crafting up a Leatherworker with 99% only materials in my bank, then flipping Bolts of Damask until my stockpile ran out and prices broke even on the Trading Post. And I didn't even start doing that much until a week and a half ago.

Most of that gold went into buying gems though...

Talking about crafting, what should I do to level it up faster? Should I just make random stuff to level it up as much as possible?
I'm currently using Leatherworking and Huntersomething I think.

Talking about crafting, what should I do to level it up faster? Should I just make random stuff to level it up as much as possible?
I'm currently using Leatherworking and Huntersomething I think.
Yeah pretty much. If you have a crafting booster it will level up the crafting quicker. You will always level up quicker in the discovery tab.

If you don't need to use the items you are making either sell them on trading post if they are worth anything or just salvage them so you'll have material for more crafting.

Rootbeer

Banned
After a long absence, I decided to install this on my new rMBP (Mavericks), it's a clean install. Every time I open the client it does the 1.11 client update (over and over and over), and I also can't login, gives me error 11:1001:2:1270. I looked on the forums and a lot of people have the problem, seems most or all are on Mac. I can login to the website fine and there's only 1 IP range authenticated, and it matches my current one. Even removed and re-authenticated to be sure.

I've checked their forums, a lot of people have this problem and i haven't found a solution.

Anyone else on a Mac? Anyone got it working? What OS version etc.?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey guys, we just heard from Ferny and the Mumble account now has $142.73 in it. At $9.99/month, Mumble is now covered for at least the next 14 months! That's awesome!

Thanks everyone for being so generous, and SUPER thanks to the couple of anonymous folks who donated $60 and $25 in one chunk respectively. I don't know who you are, but you get some gold stars for that! :)
Wow, that's outstanding. Thanks so much for pitching in you guys.

Zulithe, I wish I knew anything about the Mac client... that error is associated with a sn/pass authent issue. Are you using your email address as your login name?

Oh also hi guys it's real pic month an all.

After a long absence, I decided to install this on my new rMBP (Mavericks), it's a clean install. Every time I open the client it does the 1.11 client update (over and over and over), and I also can't login, gives me error 11:1001:2:1270. I looked on the forums and a lot of people have the problem, seems most or all are on Mac. I can login to the website fine and there's only 1 IP range authenticated, and it matches my current one. Even removed and re-authenticated to be sure.

I've checked their forums, a lot of people have this problem and i haven't found a solution.

Anyone else on a Mac? Anyone got it working? What OS version etc.?

Check out this thread: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...rytime-i-open-the-launcher/page/2#post3394418

Seems like it might be the same issue that you are having.

Oh also hi guys it's real pic month an all.
Are you the first Jewish-Amish person?

Reminds me to change mine. Time to find super sexy picture of my face. Shouldn't be too hard because they are all at least sexy.

Lunar15

I've been out of this game for a while now, but I am interested to see what they do have planned for February. They seemed fairly hyped internally.

Arken2121

Hawkian is one sexy mother fucker. Anyway, the new healing skill was a nice step forward. Just a lot of us have been doing the same content the same way for over a year. New skills/traits would definitely add more flavor to it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was gonna shave tonight. Damnit.
Hawkian is one sexy mother fucker. Anyway, the new healing skill was a nice step forward. Just a lot of us have been doing the same content the same way for over a year. New skills/traits would definitely add more flavor to it.
Well right back at you slugger.

And (of things we are definitely getting) new weapon skills are what I'm most looking forward to as well. I think as much as they're desired by all, people actually underestimate the impact it'll have on gameplay, because of the heavy class/weapon/skill connection and synergy. It'll be like expanding the capabilities of every class rather than "just" adding new skills to them, if that makes any sense at all.

nataku

GW2 community setting themselves up for disappointment again, I see.

I can confirm I am not an Anet dev. Derp. I can also confirm this has been blown WAAAY out of proportion. Still, fantastic theorycraft everyone!

Retro

I was gonna shave tonight. Damnit.

With great beard comes great responsibility.

Gaming community setting themselves up for disappointment again, I see.

Fixed that for ya. This is not a condition exclusive to GW2 or even MMOs (or even gaming, honestly, but we don't need to cast too wide a net).

Probably another dragon redesign.

Supposedly we'll see the end of Scarlet's story arc, which means some amazing truth is likely to be revealed and/or a new villain will step up to take her place. From a "LoLore" perspective, it will at least give us some measure of resolution to last year's Living Story. Hopefully it will set the stage for the next storyline as well.

I think they've got some elaborate final chapter to Scarlet's chapter; one tweet described it as "choreographing the invasion of another country, down to the foot soldier." They've also mentioned that the long break for Christmas is being used to really polish the next few updates, so hopefully they'll be really good.

Beyond that, I'm not getting excited about anything until we get a "2014 Preview" article from Colin or some actual sneak previews. It has nothing to do with ArenaNet not living up to the hype (if anything, they've managed to surpass my expectations) and more with my enjoyment of being blown away every two weeks instead of pleasantly surprised.

Lunar15

Don't mistake my tone: another dragon redesign would pull me back in.

Other than that, they've made several allusions to an event dealing with scarlet "invading" or "taking over" a place. Sounds like another area will be transformed, much like what they did with the Tower.

Unrealistic expectations: Lion's Arch or Orr get invaded by Scarlet
Realistic expectations: Another mid-level zone that doesn't get much love.

Retro

Don't mistake my tone: another dragon redesign would pull me back in.

Oh, I wasn't. Just sort of using your comment as a springboard about what I think will happen.

Unrealistic expectations: Lion's Arch or Orr get invaded by Scarlet
Realistic expectations: Another mid-level zone that doesn't get much love.

The Orr zones are technically 'stuck' in time because of the Personal Story, until that's resolved somehow, I don't think they can do much with Orr. Not that Scarlet invading Orr wouldn't be cool; she's been tinkering with all of these races for something and building an army resistant to and better equipped to deal with the Risen would make sense. Maybe she's after Zhaitan's remains, and when she gets down there he'll wake up and unceremoniously stomp her.

Lion's Arch is a possibility. They've wrecked parts of the zone before, but never made it uninhabitable. It'd be interesting to see which of the other cities becomes the new de facto hub, were that to happen.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Another dragon redesign would certainly not be enough to warrant such hyperbole, though damn do I want them to love up on Shatterer soon.

Guess I sort of hope it's something nobody has suggested or thought up. Though I like Kos's theory about the current probes in-game somehow having to do with Scarlet advancing to the Ring of Fire Islands.

Retro

Guess I sort of hope it's something nobody has suggested or thought up. Though I like Kos's theory about the current probes in-game somehow having to do with Scarlet advancing to the Ring of Fire Islands.

I still think Scarlet being a Sylvari is going to get played up more than anything else, if only because the writers seem to have storyboners for them.

Don't, the beard suits you. :)

You know his avatar doesn't change if he shaves, right?
JUWnj.gif

Retro

I never understood why Tron wasn't the main character. The film's named after him!

I swear, if you guys saw me without the big Highway Patrol sunglasses and scruffy hair, the Jeff Bridges stuff would end. I guess since I used that pic for RPJ last year, I'll find another (though it's likely to be slightly older).
Edit: Nope, no decent ones. The Dude stays.

What if she burns down the Grove? D:

This still sounds like a shaving joke, but not necessarily one about beards.

Shaving is for wimps. Us men must keep what's left of our insanity within a small patch of love.

So does this.

Proven

Something I've been failing to mention: Every week there have been a number of Edge of the Mists tests we haven't been jumping on.

There's another 24 hour test this Saturday. GAF should do a raid.

xeris

Ok, changed my avatar. Hope y'all are happy. Bask in the beard. Or if you're from certain areas of Europe, feel free to Basque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom