• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffer

Today I found another GW2 screenshot folder separate from the main one that I had no idea about, so here's some:

For Xeris:

F0Roo8R.jpg

For Retro:

I'm impatient for the next LS update, I'm out of ideas for things to do in-game and am just waiting for new things.

Today I found another GW2 screenshot folder separate from the main one that I had no idea about, so here's some:

For Xeris:

For Retro:

I'm impatient for the next LS update, I'm out of ideas for things to do in-game and am just waiting for new things.

Craft dat ascended armor.
WubWub more.
PvP more.

Taffer

Craft dat ascended armor.
WubWub more.
PvP more.

I could blow a chunk of money on armour, but to what end? Once I have it I'm back where I started. Wubwub has only ever been a way to kill time when I want to play GW2 but can't think of anything specific to do, there's too much dead time running from A to B to hold my attention enough to log in just for wubwub and PvP is just not my cup of tea.
I don't want to appear like I'm completely sick of the game - I dropped it completely for about a month at Christmas last year as well and came back to sink just as much time into it as before - it's just that I've done everything I want to do in-game and can't really think of a reason to log in and work on something at the moment.
I am looking forward to the conclusion of the first LS season (I'm hoping Scarlet kicks Grenth out of his job and hangs around forever to troll people when they die) and it'll come with some new things to hold my attention for two weeks as well. Guild missions are fun too, more because I like to see all the people from the guild turn out in force in their fanciest gear showing off their newest toys and being stupid than for the missions themselves which are pretty routine by now.
Anyway, as has been said in this thread many times, no sub means getting bored and coming back costs me nothing.

We're getting back on now - join GAFGuild for maximum enjoyment!

Damn this game is awesome so far, no idea why I passed on it when it was released. Might have to upgrade my PC a bit to play this smother.

I'm on Stormbluff now but still messing around with the professions to see what fits my playstyle.

Shiokazu

so much hype for this month, fucking anet!

im hype to the level of the old digimon opening songs.

I REGRET NOTHING FOR SAYING SO.

Shiokazu

I think February is the big month for them. January is more or less the prelude. At least that's what I've gathered.

i just hope its not scarlet.

OH RIGHT, i thought of this but it needs to be checked:

we wont be able to kill her, because the sylvari we are figthing against is not scarlet.

now i'll check her short story to make sure what i am thinking is possible.

YAY actually i was wrong, shes totally killable. SHARPEN YOUR BLADES!

Retro

so much hype for this month, fucking anet!

im hype to the level of the old digimon opening songs.

I REGRET NOTHING FOR SAYING SO.

There's only going to be one update for January, on the 21st. I would say February or March is going to be the big one. At the very least, that's when the Scarlet arc is supposed to end, and it should theoretically go out with a bang.

Proven

So Minion Master is getting popular in PvP, but I'm one of the rare few that seems to be able to handle them because the majority of my odd and non-viable builds come with enough AoE pressure to kill the minions and then easily kill the Necro with no utilities, assuming I dodge the CC. Same with Spirit Rangers.

But for some damn reason I have a hard time against Phantasm Mesmers. It's like the Phantasms are always just out of my effective range to easily kill before they can recharge for a second volley. Grr.

Just a rant from testing my new bunker Thief build and (honestly terrible) Permeating Wrath build over the past couple weeks. The worst part is that I've already figured the Guardian build needs to change to Meditations, but I'm too afraid of losing the AoE burning that quickly melts minions and spirits.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lottery reminder!
Drawing will be tomorrow night after missions (which begin at 9:00PM EST). Again, thanks to Hayira the pot is at something like 550g. Even if you're not buying in, 10g is going to a random attendee, so be there!

Lottery reminder!

Drawing will be tomorrow night after missions (which begin at 9:00PM EST). Again, thanks to Hayira the pot is at something like 550g. Even if you're not buying in, 10g is going to a random attendee, so be there!
I'll be out getting drunk for my birthday. (Celebrating on Saturday since birthday lands on a Monday).

Have fun.

Retro

So, just a heads up; A permanent Royal Terrace pass is on the Gem store for 1000 gems, allowing you quick, non-LA access to everything but character trainers in one nice, small area (including portals to the other major cities). It's account bound.

Character slots are 600 gems (regular 800) and Transmutation Splitters are 50% off. Sale ends in 15 hours. Stock up, Xeris!

Edit: It says it's a weekend sale, but those items are for only one day, so there will probably be more sales tomorrow.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Actually quite curious about that Royal Terrace pass. I've never seen it. Not much could get me to deviate from my cozy spot in Rata Sum, but a Mystic Forge would be it.

edit: Do I want a Warrior?

Nah, I don't want a Warrior.

Retro

New year, I should be able to play more Guild Wars again with you all! Quite excited.

Awesome. Let me know if you need an invite back to the guild (I think you've played recently enough you should still be in).

Actually quite curious about that Royal Terrace pass. I've never seen it. Not much could get me to deviate from my cozy spot in Rata Sum, but a Mystic Forge would be it.

Apparently it's new. And there is a mystic forge in there too, for what it's worth.

edit: Do I want a Warrior?

Nah, I don't want a Warrior.

You want a warrior.

Yes you do.

See?

hythloday

Ok, changed my avatar. Hope y'all are happy. Bask in the beard. Or if you're from certain areas of Europe, feel free to Basque.

This is the best post.

I'm kinda curious about the Royal Pass as well but I'm sure there will be a new batch of pretty outfits soon so I will continue to hoard gems.

Awesome. Let me know if you need an invite back to the guild (I think you've played recently enough you should still be in).

Apparently it's new. And there is a mystic forge in there too, for what it's worth.

You want a warrior.

See?

Yeah I logged in last night and was still part of the guild. I logged in at least twice in the past month to not get removed from the guild.

And yes Hawkian needs a warrior, they are fun.

xeris

So, just a heads up; A permanent Royal Terrace pass is on the Gem store for 1000 gems, allowing you quick, non-LA access to everything but character trainers in one nice, small area (including portals to the other major cities). It's account bound.

Character slots are 600 gems (regular 800) and Transmutation Splitters are 50% off. Sale ends in 15 hours. Stock up, Xeris!

Saw it when it went live at 3am and already bought 2. Contemplating blowing more gold and getting a third.

It's true, I rock a warrior main and just look at all that bushy goodness going on over here:

Look what having 2 warriors does!

<----------

nataku

Seems like the final few tests for the Edge of the Mists map will be next week.

Just three tests left. One this Saturday, one Wednesday, and one Thursday.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmmmm maybe I wanna warrior.

Reminder: tomorrow is a 24-hour "Play Day" in the Edge of the Mists. It sounds like just about every restriction is gonna be removed and you can even switch servers apparently. Could be fun to try and get some people together.

Hmmmm maybe I wanna warrior.

Reminder: tomorrow is a 24-hour "Play Day" in the Edge of the Mists. It sounds like just about every restriction is gonna be removed and you can even switch servers apparently. Could be fun to try and get some people together.
Yeah, this'll be my first chance to get involved in the test. I've been gone or working for most of it. >_<

Ashodin

Finally back home from Arkansas visiting my Grandmother who's in the hospital, and I get a message from my mom that after we left, her only kidney she has left is failing.

Sheesh!

Retro

Courtesy of Reddit:
Friday
Transmutation Splitters 50% Off!
Transmutation Splitters can be used to return the stat and appearance items in a transmuted piece of gear back to their original, separate states.

Character Slots 25% Off!
Expand your family of characters with steeply discounted character slots!

Permanent Royal Pass!
This has never before been available – pick up a Permanent Royal Pass for unlimited, life-long access to the Queen’s Royal Terrace. The Royal Pass will teleport you directly to the Terrace from any PvE map!

Saturday
WvW Booster 40% Off!
Rise through the ranks in WvW with a 50% bonus to WvW XP gain!

Total Makeover Kits 30% Off!
Find the new you with a Total Makeover Kit! Kits give you an opportunity to change your character’s gender, stature, hair, facial features, and more – including several exclusive options!

Harvesting Tool Bundle!
Pick up a bundle of the first permanent gathering tools: the Molten Alliance Mining Pick, the Chop-It-All Logging Axe, and the Consortium Harvesting Sickle.

Sunday
35% Off of All Aetherized Armors!
There’s an Aetherized Armor set for everyone! Show off your fashion sensibility with these striking armor skins.

Ashodin

It's not going to affect me as much as it will affect my dad, really. It's a shame, we had a great holidays together, and now my dad's worries will triple.

Agkel

Courtesy of Reddit:
Permanent Royal Pass

Shit, is this available only today?
I wont be home until the 6th and I dont have my GW2 installation on my laptop!
-Is there a way I can get in game with a light client so I can buy this?
-Is it account bound or soul bound on use?

Arken2121

Picked it up right away, real convenient item. Was only 85 gold.

Retro

I think it's only today, it doesn't say it's on sale, so who knows. I don't know of any way to get it without logging in, but surely it will be back later. It's account bound, for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom