• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season varies in quality, so watch at your own risk. That scene is from Ep 2 of the newest season though.

I watched everything up to Season 3 and it was hilarious then season 4 started, and first episode was meh so I just preferred to play more GW2 then to watch the show so I stopped.

Everything really gives karma, events, dungeons, wvw, dailies. I really do not keep an eye on it very much but I've bought karma exotic armor many times for characters which uses up quite a lot but whenever I look at karma it seems like I have 1million at least.

I know people who play wvw a lot have like 10-20 million karma because they never use it on anything.

th3dude

Any tips or links for someone who has never done WvWvW before? I'd like to check it out and participate in GAF WvW events if they still happen but I have no idea what I'm doing.

th3dude

We can try to WvW tomorrow night at around 9 and I can try and explain the basics. If you can get Mumble setup do it so it is easier to chat rather than type everything. If you can't then don't worry I will type.

Check out this thread https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/wuv/The-Basics-of-WvW-guide-and-more to just get some basic details. Warning lots of text.

Awesome. Thanks for the link. I'll try to get on and next time I see you on I'll shoot you a message and get on Mumble.

Is there a dialog I'm missing that I shouldn't be when ANet resets my traits? This is the second time I've been running around going, "damn is my dude's weak as hell" only to look and see that my entire trait line was all 0s.

Retro

Is there a dialog I'm missing that I shouldn't be when ANet resets my traits? This is the second time I've been running around going, "damn is my dude's weak as hell" only to look and see that my entire trait line was all 0s.

I can't remember the last time traits were reset by an update, I don't think the December 10th one did any. Maybe you haven't played that character in a while? The only other thing I can think of is you've accidentally used a trait reset item. There's a pretty clear dialog message when you go to an NPC to do it.

Do any of you joystick-oriented types know if the DualShock 4 will work with xpadder?

You know how I can tell you're old? You call a controller a joystick!

Seriously though, when the DS4s first started to show up in retail, people here on GAF were talking about how easy it would be to get them working for PC, but I haven't heard anything since. I'm sure Hawkian or Weltall will have a solid answer, or at least know where to look better than I would.

I can't remember the last time traits were reset by an update, I don't think the December 10th one did any. Maybe you haven't played that character in a while? The only other thing I can think of is you've accidentally used a trait reset item. There's a pretty clear dialog message when you go to an NPC to do it.

No NPC visits were done by me. I think I've been running around since the last reset, whenever that was, without them being set. It's on an alt so I don't play it as much, which is why I probably didn't notice until I went to run a dungeon and was getting rofl-stomped by crap I usually beat down.

xeris

I don't think there's ever been a popup, but they do announce it in the patch notes. If you go awhile for awhile and come back it's usually a good idea to double-check your traits.

Edit: Beaten like Cinderella by Retro. That'll teach me not to hit the refresh button.

Retro

No NPC visits were done by me. I think I've been running around since the last reset, whenever that was, without them being set. It's on an alt so I don't play it as much, which is why I probably didn't notice until I went to run a dungeon and was getting rofl-stomped by crap I usually beat down.

Yeah, if it's an alt you haven't played in a while, I would say it was probably one of the free resets they gave during one of the balance passes.

Proven

So I spent all of my karma for temple armor.

Now I'm out of karma.

How do I earn more karma? :(

I was told that Fractals were the best after they put in the scaling system early in 2013.

If it's happening repeatedly, I've seen it happen to people jumping between the Mists and WvW, usually because they're queued for solo q.

Promised myself I would stop doing landscape shots, and yet...

i5TmBWH0C92L3.jpg

iLYgTMsSFDwfy.jpg

iLYHkrUahfWA1.jpg

Retro

Promised myself I would stop doing landscape shots, and yet...

So good. My brother and I did the Hidden Garden jumping puzzle last night, and I was thinking it would be a great place for you to hang out and take a ton of photos the entire time. They've got this great fern/grass thing on the higher outcroppings that blows in the wind, and it just looks incredible.

i found this on yt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4YOCuYHieo its a very pretty video featuring Fear Not This Night.

entirely using GW2 animations, like the dungeon scenes and the character introduction.

I'm glad they're starting to get back to using those type of cinematics more often (like with the Fractals video and such). They lend a sort of 'historical' vibe to the game, like someone is painting events after the fact for the record. Most games just use the in-game engine and call it a day, but GW2 feels like concept art come to life. The 'talking torso' storytelling stuck out all the more because of how good the 'painted' cinematics look.

th3dude

Probably a dumb question, but you're on Stormbluff Isle, right Sn1pes?

I am. I was around right at launch for a few months, and haven't really been around much until the last few weeks.

I was around for Guild events on Saturday night. I've been primarily leveling my ele, Spykero.

So good. My brother and I did the Hidden Garden jumping puzzle last night, and I was thinking it would be a great place for you to hang out and take a ton of photos the entire time..

I've actually spent a lot of time there trying to get something, since it's such a great area - but the lack of a first-person view really messes it up. Going /sleep doesn't work right, because the camera moves in and out of the plane when you pan up or down, due to it bumping against the floor when you look up. Messes with trying to stitch things together. :/

EDIT; Derp, I was thinking of the Nolan strawberry garden.

Hidden Garden is awesome, I need to do more stuff there, I've only done one overview shot:

Retro

I am. I was around right at launch for a few months, and haven't really been around much until the last few weeks.

I was around for Guild events on Saturday night. I've been primarily leveling my ele, Spykero.

Gotcha. All of those things can be done while guesting though, which we've had a few people doing. There's also 473 people in the guild, and my memory is already total garbage.

Hidden Garden is awesome, I need to do more stuff there, I've only done one overview shot:

And a damn fine shot it is.

Retro

There's a looooooot of good stuff in that interview, I was just kind of skimming through it and kept having to double take and re-read a bit to see what was actually being said.

Curious what the "Death Star" is........ hmm.

Retro

Not sure I'm familiar on what a "CDI" is, can someone give some background?

Collaborate Design Initiative. Basically they create a thread on a given subject (usually they cast a wide net so people don't get blinders on) and try to get people to work together under closer-than-usual supervision and discussion with the devs. It's apparently been going well, but there's still too much of that 'lazy developers!' tone for me to want to participate too much.

Very interesting read. Looks like the Living Story CDI was very important and they used a lot of ideas from there to make Living Story better and we will see that starting in January.

We got a pug and beat it. I don't hate you but they might.
Oh shit. Hope not.

Not sure, but probably.
Hope an attack/invasion of Lion's Arch goes better then when the Karka attacked. That was very lagggy but with the culling issue pretty much fixed (if you put your setting on low) then it should be a bit better. Hope they took the Karka attack on LA into consideration.

Retro

Good News, Everyone; there's a fancy new item in the gem store:
6TgWU3b.jpg
mmmDvSh.jpg

Bad News, Everyone; it's 500 gems for a little slash of face paint. Chat code if you want to preview it: [&AgEwvwAA]

Hope an attack/invasion of Lion's Arch goes better then when the Karka attacked. That was very lagggy but with the culling issue pretty much fixed (if you put your setting on low) then it should be a bit better. Hope they took the Karka attack on LA into consideration.

I think they know better than to try that again, and anything like that will probably be heavily instanced anyways since the other big complaint about that event was that it was a one-time deal that a lot of people missed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
welp

I crafted an exotic berserker boots, but forgot that transmuting an item automatically soulbounds it (it's for another character)

Is there a way for my other character to use it? I'm making a pit fighter set

Retro

welp

I crafted an exotic berserker boots, but forgot that transmuting an item automatically soulbounds it (it's for another character)

Is there a way for my other character to use it? I'm making a pit fighter set

Not with those stats, unfortunately. You can transmute an item to a white item (I believe blue also works, but I stick with white just to be safe) and it will become 'account bound'. Pretty much only good for the visual appearance, but useful for stuff like getting the Necromancer masks on Ele/Mesmer, Guardian shoulders on Warriors, etc.

Boss Doggie

Not with those stats, unfortunately. You can transmute an item to a white item (I believe blue also works, but I stick with white just to be safe) and it will become 'account bound'. Pretty much only good for the visual appearance, but useful for stuff like getting the Necromancer masks on Ele/Mesmer, Guardian shoulders on Warriors, etc.

Well, I guess I can craft another exotic boot. It's the skin really that's hard to get. So what are the steps?

Retro

Screen cap of the new ad's ending, in case people are at work;
gw2-adm5f2v.jpg

Well, I guess I can craft another exotic boot. It's the skin really that's hard to get. So what are the steps?

1. Buy a white item of the same time. Level shouldn't matter, I don't think.
2. Use a transmutation crystal (I assume the item you're trying to transmute is 80, otherwise you can use one of the yellow stones).
3. Put the items into the transmutation window, select the visual you want with the white stats. Not sure if a sigil/rune will screw things up, so just drop it in case.
4. You should end up with a white 'account bound' item with terrible stats but the look you want, which you can pass to any character.

Works on back items (Engineer backpack on a Backpack Strap item = backpack for anyone), weapons and armor.

Boss Doggie

Oh shit we're finally seeing the broken asura gates in LA are?

1. Buy a white item of the same time. Level shouldn't matter, I don't think.
2. Use a transmutation crystal (I assume the item you're trying to transmute is 80, otherwise you can use one of the yellow stones).
3. Put the items into the transmutation window, select the visual you want with the white stats. Not sure if a sigil/rune will screw things up, so just drop it in case.
4. You should end up with a white 'account bound' item with terrible stats but the look you want, which you can pass to any character.

Works on back items (Engineer backpack on a Backpack Strap item = backpack for anyone), weapons and armor.

Thanks. I made another boot so that should be fine. No more mistakes.

So if I'm sending a Berserker Pit Fighter Boot, I should buy heavy boots from an armorsmith?

Screen cap of the new ad's ending, in case people are at work;
gw2-adm5f2v.jpg

I want to log in later and go to the 5 city gates and see if any of them line up like that? It kinda seems like on the one further away that its path leading to it has been destroyed. Could also be the Fort Mariner WvW gates since it seems like it might have something to do with Scarlet hanging out in the Mists.

th3dude

Sn1pse, xeris, am eel and Roxie, I am sorry for leaving at the end of ghost eater. Hope I'm not hated too much.

http://youtu.be/B9q32VSMToo watch till the end, is that one of the Asura gates in LA?

We got a pug and beat it. I don't hate you but they might.

Hah, no hate. I was really close to throwing in the towel and going to bed but decided to try one pug. We got someone right away and got Ghost Eater down to like 5% and almost all went down. Luckily, he can't heal himself if you aren't hitting him, so we just kited and rez'd for 10 minutes until we all go back up, trapped him one more time, and finished him. Felt good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom