• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

What if LA gets totally destroyed and it becomes an exploreable area, and they make new LA on that hidden zone between current LA and Kessex. (map: http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o527/carralpha/GW2mapannotated.png)

That area is much smaller but this way they can keep all the TP, Banks, Crafting, really close to each other, and maybe not all of the current LA is lost but some of it is.

I actually considered this. I'd still put it under the realm of "highly unrealistic", but it would be a way for Anet to say, "look, we've changed, it's not the same main city!" They could then use that to tout how much the game has changed and incentivize people to come back and check it out.

Reknoc

What if LA gets totally destroyed and it becomes an exploreable area, and they make new LA on that hidden zone between current LA and Kessex. (map: http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o527/carralpha/GW2mapannotated.png)

That area is much smaller but this way they can keep all the TP, Banks, Crafting, really close to each other, and maybe not all of the current LA is lost but some of it is.

Isn't that area Tengu territory? Don't think they'd be happy with people moving in.

Holy shit at the power crafter/trader video on reddit. Using 8 accounts to buy mats and craft rare greatswords. Guy has 6000 gold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHdeAaYz8gM

I'd never do this because it's insane and crazy!

The hidden area between kessex and LA is not Tengu I don't think. That area shares borders with east of kessex (there is no Tengu wall on that side), south of gandaran (no Tengu wall either), the only Tengu you see are the ones on LA border with that zone but it's only one door not a wall. They could just be blocking the path to thier city.

How do you guys handle the monthly? I could just run the Queensdale train, but damn if that isn't boring...

P.S.
Still can't believe I won the pot... o_O

How do you guys handle the monthly? I could just run the Queensdale train, but damn if that isn't boring...

P.S.

I log in and play the game. It seems to get finished pretty easily, weather I am doing the world bosses, dungeon, exploring a zone, leveling up a new character or WvW it all seems to go towards it.

I never really even look at what needs to be completed, it just usually ends up being completed by midway through the month.

Are you trying to finish it quicker to get the 10 laurels (or is it 20) that you get for finishing it?

Reknoc

Holy shit at the power crafter/trader video on reddit. Using 8 accounts to buy mats and craft rare greatswords. Guy has 6000 gold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHdeAaYz8gM

I'd never do this because it's insane and crazy!

The hidden area between kessex and LA is not Tengu I don't think. That area shares borders with east of kessex (there is no Tengu wall on that side), south of gandaran (no Tengu wall either), the only Tengu you see are the ones on LA border with that zone but it's only one door not a wall. They could just be blocking the path to thier city.

I mean, I haven't logged in a while so my memory is definitely hazy, but the area that is walled off with one door that is guarded by Tengu is not Tengu territory?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

P.S.
Congrats again! :D I was shocked, as you only had one ticket, but I suppose that's the beauty of it!

I haven't actively attempted to get my monthly in like 6 moths. It just happens. If you're trying to get it ASAP for a reason, I'll look at the Jan categories and try to come up with a plan for you.

th3dude

I log in and play the game. It seems to get finished pretty easily, weather I am doing the world bosses, dungeon, exploring a zone, leveling up a new character or WvW it all seems to go towards it.

I never really even look at what needs to be completed, it just usually ends up being completed by midway through the month.

Are you trying to finish it quicker to get the 10 laurels (or is it 20) that you get for finishing it?

Having just come back to the game, I was surprised to see how far along I am in the monthly without even 'trying'. Dailies, dungeons, etc add up quick. I'll probably need to focus my efforts the last 2 weeks of the month to get it, but I plan on getting it this month (for the first time I think).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gasp! Forgot I still haven't done the winter wonderland puzzle. Maybe i'll remember tonight fi I can stay awake. full-on zombie in the office today.

I already have the "do the daily" part of the Monthly, because I always do those, and I have the "skill" part of the monthly since I've got four separate characters to mess around with and getting skills from low level areas is easy.

I suspect I'll finish the "event" one eventually. It's the fourth one...

I don't really do dungeons (I've run one story mode one, once) or WvWvW (and even if I did trying to get 50 kills on a slow-as-ass Mesmer... >_>). I haven't even gone looking for jumping puzzles, and in all fairness, I'm pretty bad at them. On top of that, it seems to require unique ones as well.

That leaves Champions, I suppose, but it's a headache with the timers (and I don't even know where most are)... unless I grind the Queensdale train.

Reknoc

okay, looking through the GW1 and 2 wikis its not, it's where the temple of tolerance. The path leads across the sea I guess? kinda weird. Doesn't really explain why it'd be walled off either.

I already have the "do the daily" part of the Monthly, because I always do those, and I have the "skill" part of the monthly since I've got four separate characters to mess around with and getting skills from low level areas is easy.

I haven't finished a Monthly yet too. Last month I was pretty close, but then I didn-t play for about a week and completely forgot about it.
i always do the 4/Daily one, the normal and Group Events ones, but I never know what to do as a fourth, considering I don-t go to dungeons often (I have been there only once, it was pretty cool though) nor I play WvWvW.

Anyway, talking about the dungeon, could the people who joined me (I'm Yoscitsune in game) in the Caudecus Story dungeon or in the Newbie Fractals Attempt the other day post their names here or send me a pm, as I'd like to add them to my friends list? I'm sorry, I'm bad with names D:

Anno

Black Lion weapons on sale for a week. Wonder if I should cash out some of the investments I have in them and roll the gold back into more tickets...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I don't really do dungeons (I've run one story mode one, once) or WvWvW (and even if I did trying to get 50 kills on a slow-as-ass Mesmer... >_>). I haven't even gone looking for jumping puzzles, and in all fairness, I'm pretty bad at them. On top of that, it seems to require unique ones as well.

That leaves Champions, I suppose, but it's a headache with the timers (and I don't even know where most are)... unless I grind the Queensdale train.
Of these, doing the 12 easiest jumping puzzles would certainly be the simplest. You could do one every other day for the rest of the month and still finish in time. Let me know if you'd like a list.

However, I'd instead personally recommend doing more dungeons. Unless you hate them outright or something- they're great money and XP, the tokens you get from Exp mode are always useful, and they have champions within them that would contribute to Champions too. 10 dungeons could quite easy be rounded out in something like 4 hours total, or 2 hours each over 2 nights, considering that there are no "unique" requirements here like for puzzles. AC Story, SE1 and COF1 mean you could get this done with a silly amount of effort if you so desired.

edit: Indeed, for maximum speed/boredom, the Queensdale train would work but would be inferior to Frostgorge.

If people want to do champion train, I suggest Frostgorge. Much faster, and more too.

I agree with this. The people on the Frostgorge train also seem to be much nicer, and chill (no pun intended). I've never seen them rage about someone killing a champ out of order, they just say 'move to X' and go on.

DJIzana

I'm happy the Living World stuff is coming to an end!

I was disappointed to see that the only new zone they've added so far, was the Sea of Sorrows. This game has SUCH an amazing world and exploration no other game anything else.

I really do hope now that the living world stuff is coming to an end they'll expand on their huge world map as I love sooo much about this game I just... couldn't get into the living story. I loved exploring secret areas and doing the jumping puzzles and hope to see more of that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry if it might disappoint you to hear but that's not really an accurate description of what is happening. At the very least, you'll have to put up with Living Story stuff (in the same two-week update cadence) until mid-March.

The zone you are referring to is called Southsun Cove; the Sea of Sorrows is the whole sea that it's in the middle of, all the way down to Orr in the south.

DJIzana

Sorry if it might disappoint you to hear but that's not really an accurate description of what is happening. At the very least, you'll have to put up with Living Story stuff (in the same two-week update cadence) until mid-March.

The zone you are referring to is called Southsun Cove; the Sea of Sorrows is the whole sea that it's in the middle of, all the way down to Orr in the south.

Fair enough. I remember them hearing that the living world stuff wouldn't be finished until Feb or March but... as long as they actually expand more and add more zones, that's what I care about. When that happens is when I'll start playing again. Bottom line is I love my exploration. :p

Taffer

Interesting shit!
http://t.co/RGaUC6LmAw

What do you think? Primordis or Scarlet got a new flamethrower?

I'm going to pin my hopes on a CoF reboot.

I haven't even gone looking for jumping puzzles, and in all fairness, I'm pretty bad at them. On top of that, it seems to require unique ones as well.

Jumping puzzles are probably my favourite way to kill time when I'm not doing anything else so the start of a new month is always an excuse for me to binge on them, I'm always happy to run through them with people if they want some.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I still have no idea what's coming on the 21st really. Definitely trying not to get my hopes up as the Feb. patches where what they characterized as a "big deal" on the twitters.

Retro

Isn't that area Tengu territory?

It's the D'Alessio Seaboard. The only things of note in there are the Temple of Tolerance and a village called Hakewood, but I'm sure that's been destroyed since Guild Wars 1. I would guess that the Tengu guard it because it's so close to their borders, or it's a Tengu area but outside the Dominion of Winds proper.

Fair enough. I remember them hearing that the living world stuff wouldn't be finished until Feb or March but... as long as they actually expand more and add more zones, that's what I care about. When that happens is when I'll start playing again. Bottom line is I love my exploration. :p

According to the interview Kos posted last night, the benefits of the Living World CGI will start to appear in game 'very soon'. I didn't follow that thread (they're insanely large and fast-moving) but I'd bet good money that "More permanent changes" was in the top 5.

I still have no idea what's coming on the 21st really. Definitely trying not to get my hopes up as the Feb. patches where what they characterized as a "big deal" on the twitters.

Watchwork Toxic Krait wielding Molten Alliance weapons while riding Aetherblade-powered Jetpack Karkas.

Ashodin

I have to say permanent changes to the world is fucking killer. Knowing that Kessex Hills will never be the same is pretty crazy to think about, and it didn't take an expansion to do it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Definitely some of my favorite stuff. The way we hit Southsun Cove now to kill the queen on the regular, too, following the Last Stand at Southsun release. Actually I hope they actually flesh out the resort there with some standing structures one day, and maybe have a second, smaller Meta event around Pearl Islet.

Anno

I'll be interested in this season of the LS ending and what they can do with all of the feedback and acquired knowledge in season 2.

Proven

Oh. What am I thinking. Scarlet doesn't want to be a pawn of the dragons or of the forces against the dragons. So she wants to ascend to god hood using lots of magic. Duh.

Retro

Actually, the square between LA and Kessex is totally a Tengu area, being the Dominion of Winds and all.

I don't think so. If you look at the map, the Tengu wall appears to curve south before it gets near Garrenhoff / Wizards Fief. The big area between LA and Kessex is much further north than the Dominion, it would have to do this weird wrap-around the southeast corner of Kessex to get there.

Reknoc

I thought there was a wall around it, but looking at the map I was clearly mistaken, there was only tyrias amazing naturally squared mountains, natures own impassable wall. Seems easily accessible by water. Though the only land route is through the tengu gate so it's possible the Tengu moved in.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, did they remove some enemies in Orr? I don't see the ghostly tengu enemies (called Spirit of Valor I think?) anymore in Malchor's Leap.

Actually, the square between LA and Kessex is totally a Tengu area, being the Dominion of Winds and all.

It's a passageway leading to the Dominion, but not the Dominion itself.

I don't think so. If you look at the map, the Tengu wall appears to curve south before it gets near Garrenhoff / Wizards Fief. The big area between LA and Kessex is much further north than the Dominion, it would have to do this weird wrap-around the southeast corner of Kessex to get there.

iirc it's just a patch of land that directly leads to their kingdom, though I wonder why their guards go that far.

Derp, you're right - for some reason I was remembering the big wall east of Caledon Forest, as being east of Kessex. I blame the quote-unquote non-drowsy antihistamines.

th3dude

Had another fun night last night leveling my Elementalist.

Spoilering JP stuff in case someone likes to stumble across these things naturally.

Finished up the Plains of Ashford to chip away at map completion and stumbled across my first non-special event Jumping Puzzle. It was a blast.

Up to level 62 now (my warrior is 80, so it won't be my first 80). Since the character is so old, I've been running on a XP bonus from a birthday boost almost the whole time, which definitely helps.

nataku

So many people are reading way too much into that poem.

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people when Primordus doesn't happen.

Ashodin

Inscription.jpg
First picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom