• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

I can't seem to get the Winter JP this year. I think it's the fact they broke it up and now the present part isn't timed any more. Fuck!

Retro

I can't seem to get the Winter JP this year. I think it's the fact they broke it up and now the present part isn't timed any more. Fuck!

Turn your graphics down to improve your frame rate, then camp by the fire until some poor schmuck races in blindly. It'll reset shortly and then you can hop on up the path that doesn't disappear quickly (if you have lots of schmucks attempt it, you can see there's a couple columns that hardly disappear at all).

I feel they moved the camera way to close during the disappearing presents part.

Take Retros advice and you will be ok the rest of the way.

Ashodin

Turn your graphics down to improve your frame rate, then camp by the fire until some poor schmuck races in blindly. It'll reset shortly and then you can hop on up the path that doesn't disappear quickly (if you have lots of schmucks attempt it, you can see there's a couple columns that hardly disappear at all).

Nah the beginning is easy. After I posted that I made it, lol. The presents part is EZPZ once you figure out you can jump to the first presents that appear before the blue "bar" appears at the bottom. Most won't pop until after that happens, which is how I got it easily.

Vyrance

Nah bro! For me, I found the best thing for the presents is to be first, and keep jumping straight ahead. Probably works 90% of the time for me

Retro

Y'all are crazy, jumping on those gifts without waiting for them to reset. Oh well, if you finished you finished. In other news, HOLD ON TIGHT, HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Jon Peters said:
We are trying to take steps to address some of the dominance of Berserker/DPS players.
More info next week, I think. (source)

You heard it here first:next week, dey terk er zerk!

W0jKrkt.jpg

Retro

I don't disagree. Hopefully instead of a straight up nerf, they improve the viability of other stat distributions... that said, the 'zerker mentality has gone on for so long and has been so predominantly negative that even if they do take the nerfbat to it, it won't bother me too much.

Lunar15

I don't disagree. Hopefully instead of a straight up nerf, they improve the viability of other stat distributions... that said, the 'zerker mentality has gone on for so long and has been so predominantly negative that even if they do take the nerfbat to it, it won't bother me too much.

Wouldn't the solution be to make conditions more viable? That way you equally divide people's attention between either going condition, dps, or condition control. That would also have the side effect of making condition control (support) builds more necessary.

Wouldn't the solution be to make conditions more viable? That way you equally divide people's attention between either going condition, dps, or condition control. That would also have the side effect of making condition control (support) builds more necessary.
Hope for this more rather than just making the zerkers not as effective. I don't think people should get penalized for finding the most optimal way to play even if it's not what I want to play.

Retro

Absolutely, but they've said in the past that condition stacking / conditions on objects are a limit of the tech that they have to either work around (which is what they have been doing) or address at a more technical level than they can do right away.

Making condition damage viable on the same level as straight DPS would be the ideal solution though, and I hope they're working on it.

I don't think people should get penalized for finding the most optimal way to play even if it's not what I want to play.

You just say that because you're from Canadia and want them to add hug damage so everyone gets along.
moose_3vakw2.gif

Ashodin

Been playing again more recently trying to get Wintersday finished (since I was gone for a large part of it).

And since the new update is coming soon, can't hurt to get back into the saddle (and make the guild not dead).

So WHO'S UP FOR MISSIONZZZZZ TONIGHT?

:)

Proven

Y'all are crazy, jumping on those gifts without waiting for them to reset. Oh well, if you finished you finished. In other news, HOLD ON TIGHT, HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Hope for this more rather than just making the zerkers not as effective. I don't think people should get penalized for finding the most optimal way to play even if it's not what I want to play.

Oh god. If they screw this up people will riot. Especially in PvP.

th3dude

So, something has been frustrating the hell out of me.

I try to play WvW and follow the commander around, but 2 things happen.

1) I can never catch up to them and I get cherry picked by the enemy, wasting 10-15 minutes of running
2) I finally catch up to the group but everyone seems to run faster than me no matter what.

I'm a D/D ele with all of the speed traits including Signet of Air, and I pop swiftness at every opportunity.

ARGGGGG

Also, does one need to be present to win lottery? I would like to be around for missions but might miss it.

Complistic

Definitely this. Buffing the other stat combos is waaaay more interesting than nerfing one. I'm not so sure there really is a problem with zerker though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Indeed, as noted, somehow due to another very generous guildie donation we are back at a 500g+ jackpot tonight. I promise they aren't always gonna be like this people, so get in while the gettin' is good.
Also, does one need to be present to win lottery? I would like to be around for missions but might miss it.
Buy you tickets now if you can; if you can't, post here and I will spot you for however many you want. In the future, you can buy tickets for the next drawing as soon as the previous jackpot has been delivered to the winner.

The only thing anyone needs to be present for on Sat. mission nights is the 10g door prize (which is only available to show-up-ers). But come anyway 'cos it's fun. Plus karka queen slayage is likely!

Ashodin

I went back from my previous Frozen Hammer Guardian build to my Shining Justice build. It was a temporary thing for Wintersday anyway, using the Grenth hood as the impetus.

zq1gSQh.jpg

Avatar of Grenth, Frozen Hammer Ashodin

This was how I looked for all of December really.

Build was based off Glacial Hammer trait, using Grenth elite and Grenth runes to trigger chill VERY often (I was surprised how often!). Very satisfying to see your enemies just slowwww.... downnn...

The addition of the Hammer to the mix was pretty fun, and nice to use another weapon as my main for a while.

PrznPtu.png

Shining Justice Guardian, Ashodin

My look just before I switched, I tried to find a nice "inbetween" look from the newest awesome armor set and T3 Human. This is what I came up with, with the Healing Power Ascended GS thrown in.

Build is 20/25/0/0/25, taking advantage of many boons and keeping burning up as long as possible with Scepter/Torch as the backup. With three strikes = burn, this build is better than ever.

I will miss teleporting to my enemies as the Hammer Guardian though. (Using Judge's Intervention) That is hella fun.

Ashodin

Why not keep sword/torch up instead for the teleport, unless you're in a range-necessary situation?

The reasoning behind Scepter/Torch is to facilitate range-necessary options, yeah. This way I don't have to switch between fights. Scepter also can trigger Burn VERY fast with Smite.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That makes sense, the micro would be annoying. Killing everything you pulled in from a Binding Blade and then Flashing to the next target is damn fun in AC though :D

th3dude

Indeed, as noted, somehow due to another very generous guildie donation we are back at a 500g+ jackpot tonight. I promise they aren't always gonna be like this people, so get in while the gettin' is good.
Buy you tickets now if you can; if you can't, post here and I will spot you for however many you want. In the future, you can buy tickets for the next drawing as soon as the previous jackpot has been delivered to the winner.

The only thing anyone needs to be present for on Sat. mission nights is the 10g door prize (which is only available to show-up-ers). But come anyway 'cos it's fun. Plus karka queen slayage is likely!

Good to know. Thanks! I'll probably get on before the drawing and rush is over at least.

My Ele is now 72. Getting close. Also good to know my hoarding of non-gold currency will pay off and let my gear the crap of of him at 80.

To Kos, sorry I had to bolt at ghost busters. Hope you guys were able to finish.

BrettWeir

Was good to log back in today. I don't care what the rest of you say, Kos is awesome for the 'welcome back'.

Holy hell.....WvW was shocking. We were getting completely owned.

To Kos, sorry I had to bolt at ghost busters. Hope you guys were able to finish.
We gave up because it was getting close to 6 and both me and my friend Stiellan had to leave. Don't worry about it, thanks for helping.

Was good to log back in today. I don't care what the rest of you say, Kos is awesome for the 'welcome back'.

Holy hell.....WvW was shocking. We were getting completely owned.
I am awesome thanks for recognizing, for saying that you are just as awesome.

We are the blue team so we are winning.

Proven

Oh jeez, I finally took the time to actually read the graphic for the lottery. Lol, I'll pop 5 gold in next week, if only for the immigration fund.

Retro

Gratz to Beeklematter on the 10g door prize and Armitage Ironshanks (Jonesy au) on the 645g jackpot!

Jackpot winner only bought 3 tickets, so remember to buy in to win.

Good run tonight everyone. Sorry about the double DC during Puzzle.

Hardly your fault! Sorry we couldn't get you through.

Retro

David Ortiz said:
Cuando vais a abrir mas zonas?
El final de la primera temporada de Mundo viviente está cerca y es posible que haya novedades al respecto en algún momento. :)

Translation via Google (apologies to our native Spaniards for the horrible butchery of your language):
When you go to open more areas?
The end of the first season of the living world is near and it is possible that any news about it at some point.

Congrats to the winners tonight! Once again I was unable to attend the missions tonight.

I have an idea on the lottery jackpot btw. If we get another big donation to drum up interest for people playing, maybe we should spread out the gold on multiple jackpots to help keep interest in it for longer.

Say, have 3 weeks of 200 gold jackpots instead of a single 600g. Just food for thought.

Retro

Id like to see an underground zone >_<

Probably the same time we get a mostly-underwater zone. It's worth noting that the world map DOES have "Surface", "Upper Level" and "Underground" levels, though as far as I can tell they don't do much beyond showing different layers in Divinity's Reach. That seems like they kind of future-proofed having zones that appear above or below each other... or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Hedge

Honestly, I'm really wanting to explore the depths of the oceans. There can't only be krait and karka there.
Also playable Largos and Kodan thanks Anet gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom