• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Took a quick, informal survey of guild chat; because Marionette starts at the top of the hour, we're going to postpone the start of Missions until 9:30 server time. Missions will continue until finished, but if people want to break off and do wurm at 10, that's perfectly fine.

We will probably start with Puzzle tonight as we'll have the strongest numbers at the beginning, then challenge, bounty and rush.

Took a quick, informal survey of guild chat; because Marionette starts at the top of the hour, we're going to postpone the start of Missions until 9:30 server time. Missions will continue until finished, but if people want to break off and do wurm at 10, that's perfectly fine.

We will probably start with Puzzle tonight as we'll have the strongest numbers at the beginning, then challenge, bounty and rush.

PERFECT! I was worried about missing stuff, since I'm waiting to do Marionette at 9 here.

Yaks bend is shit, just failed at worm but this time it was spectacular, they send all the players who have never done the event to Crimson and they didn't know what to do, then one of the guilds at Amber said they could handle him because they all on TS, Cobalt was awesome they sent 20 players there...lol :(

Retro

Great job on missions tonight. Snowden Puzzle went very smoothly with no one left behind (special thanks to Etiolate for being spot-on with the portals as usual), Ogre / Devourer Challenge wrapped up nicely, and poor Trillia got roflstomped yet again. We ended up riding on another guild's Chicken Rush and everyone got through without a hitch.

Sorry there was no bounty this week, I'm not sure how Hawkian organizes it but we'll have to work something out for nights he can't make it. The pot will only grow larger for next week.

Makeups will be at 3PM Eastern tomorrow, attendance permitting.

Good luck to everyone on all Marionette / Wurm attempts.

Picture Tyme:

"Come to beautiful Bloodtide Coast!"

ItY3v2V.jpg

"They said there'd be treasure!"

WEj1sdu.jpg

This place is hard to get a good shot of. >..>

PfAMUsV.jpg

Need more branded areas, it just looks badass:

NOc16FR.jpg

[GAF] looking fierce... or frightening.

8vgnztK.jpg

100% readable combat situation, I swear.

OEIgT6O.jpg

Kos was drinking tonight. This was him.

Cd31xqP.jpg

Had the most amazing dungeon runs with Roxxie and others.

dyqAm7a.jpg

JonCha

Having effectively not played this since mid-2012, and the changes that have undoubtedly taken place since then, how easy would it be to jump straight back in? I won't have a lot of time to play at all, so I'm not sure if it's even worth the time given the progress most people will have made at this point?

Incidentally, do we know how the population numbers are?

jersoc

it's pretty easy to jump in. ascended armor is a waste unless you want to spend gold for some reason. crafting a weapon is worth it.

the marionette stuff is pretty neat, so you can do that before it leaves. i believe the new wurm is sticking around.

the pop has to be good, at 2pm CST on a weekday lornar's pass fills up.

Grayman

Having effectively not played this since mid-2012, and the changes that have undoubtedly taken place since then, how easy would it be to jump straight back in? I won't have a lot of time to play at all, so I'm not sure if it's even worth the time given the progress most people will have made at this point?

There is nothing to really be behind on unless you want to be the richest player in the world.

Proven

Jump back in, try to get to Lornar's Pass for at least one Marionette fight a day, and ask questions as you slowly figure out the rest. Just like the thing with the "no subscription fee", ANet makes it pretty easy to jump back in after a break.

Retro

It'll be very easy to jump back in. They've added a ton of quality of life updates, but in terms of gear progression there's been very little. They've added a new tier of weapons and armor called Ascended, which was only for accessories when you played. Because they're somewhat expensive to obtain (unless you're very lucky, you have to craft them) and only marginally better stat-wise, not a lot of people are decked out in them yet. If you're 80 and in exotics, all of the content is still wide open for you.

The only thing you've missed are the Living Story updates, so story wise, you may be a tad lost, but here's a refresher; https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/recap-the-living-world-of-guild-wars-2/

Population wise, we know they've seen a surge since Christmas because they had to increase the server caps and most of them are Very High or Full again.

Good to know my instinct about the Queensdale Zerg was right on when it started after the champ loot bag changes all those months ago. Pity it's taken the rest of the community this long to figure it out.

Retro

Good to know my instinct about the Queensdale Zerg was right on when it started after the champ loot bag changes all those months ago. Pity it's taken the rest of the community this long to figure it out.

Oh, we've known about how bad it is, it's just been a popular topic lately for whatever reason.

Oh, we've known about how bad it is, it's just been a popular topic lately for whatever reason.

I think because only now are people really *getting* why it's a bad thing, because they're seeing the fallout and paying attention to it, instead of just zerging from champ to champ.

It's like the Zerker fad. Only now are people paying enough attention to see why there's a problem.

Retro

Him, just realized it has been five months. What if the next update is... SAB World 3
lol

I keep hoping it will come back, but the player response was so livid, and what we could see of the internal discussion was so rough, I don't think the SAB will come back for a long time, if ever. Which is a shame because there's nothing else like it in the genre, or all of gaming, really. And as much as I flat out disliked World 2 (after being a HUGE fan of World 1), I don't think it was beyond repair.

I mean, it took Best Expansion of 2013 from Massively, and it was only a temporary zone that was around for one month. Yet it beat out full expansions for other games (2 for EVE and Star Trek Online's Romulus expansion). It'd be a pity if a little stumble meant it'd never be completed.

I keep hoping it will come back, but the player response was so livid, and what we could see of the internal discussion was so rough, I don't think the SAB will come back for a long time, if ever. Which is a shame because there's nothing else like it in the genre, or all of gaming, really. And as much as I flat out disliked World 2 (after being a HUGE fan of World 1), I don't think it was beyond repair.

I mean, it took Best Expansion of 2013 from Massively, and it was only a temporary zone that was around for one month. Yet it beat out full expansions for other games (2 for EVE and Star Trek Online's Romulus expansion). It'd be a pity if a little stumble meant it'd never be completed.

Why can't there be a Memory Box where we can relive old living world content? Not all old content would have to be active all the time (that would thin out the playerbase too much), but it would be nice to go back and do some of that older stuff. I was still on my hiatus when Flame and Frost was out.

Retro

Why can't there be a Memory Box where we can relive old living world content? Not all old content would have to be active all the time (that would thin out the playerbase too much), but it would be nice to go back and do some of that older stuff. I was still on my hiatus when Flame and Frost was out.

They actually mentioned that they want to do something like this in the past. We were just talking about it in guild chat the other day, because supposedly the China launch is sometime this year. Unless their Living Story is completely out of sync with ours, they'll need to have some way for them to catch up that isn't just a blog article and a video.

I think the goal right now is to finish up the Scarlet arc and then we'll start to hear what Season 2 has in store. They've also said that there will be a big feature update when it's finished, so maybe it's in there.

So I actually bought this game retail around a month ago. I just finished Personal Story 2 days ago and it was a fun ride. Having played WoW I was comparing GW2 alot to it and while I recognize flaws I do appreciate what GW2 did better (for example Claw Island vs Theramore Instance). Haven't done PvP yet as I'm more of a PvE player (also did and beat the Marionette fight which was fun, on overflow too).

Edit: Have to say Source of Orr was one of the best questlines, not for Trahearne but for the freagin' music that played.

Jira

Colin mentioned last night that putting the Marrionette into Fractals was a good possibility. Said it would be back in some form or another.

jersoc

I honestly don't see the big deal of the zerg. If a new player can't figure out what to do who is at fault? the player or the game devs?

I do a few rounds on the train every once in a while. it's easy ass gold, and i see lots of people in guild chat saying they don't have much gold. so ya know, there's that.
the train is a symptom, not a sickness.

Luigi87

I hadn't thought of that.
I would hate to see it not completed. I very much want Worlds 3 & 4.

World 2 did indeed have severe problems (2-2 of course, 2-3 was enjoyable, but also on the long side), so I would hope that the team that works on SAB would have learned what went wrong and deliver an improved experience.

It would also be a shame for all the new players that are still joining up to never experience SAB.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got myself a flu :'( My sister sent me home from babysitting when she saw me even though I didn't feel that bad at the time.. now I feel.... urgh

Been in and out of sleep, just got a Tamiflu prescription. Set up so I can game a little from bed now at least :D

hythloday

Got myself a flu :'( My sister sent me home from babysitting when she saw me even though I didn't feel that bad at the time.. now I feel.... urgh

Been in and out of sleep, just got a Tamiflu prescription. Set up so I can game a little from bed now at least :D

I hope you feel better soon!!

JonCha

There is nothing to really be behind on unless you want to be the richest player in the world.

Jump back in, try to get to Lornar's Pass for at least one Marionette fight a day, and ask questions as you slowly figure out the rest. Just like the thing with the "no subscription fee", ANet makes it pretty easy to jump back in after a break.

It'll be very easy to jump back in. They've added a ton of quality of life updates, but in terms of gear progression there's been very little. They've added a new tier of weapons and armor called Ascended, which was only for accessories when you played. Because they're somewhat expensive to obtain (unless you're very lucky, you have to craft them) and only marginally better stat-wise, not a lot of people are decked out in them yet. If you're 80 and in exotics, all of the content is still wide open for you.

The only thing you've missed are the Living Story updates, so story wise, you may be a tad lost, but here's a refresher; https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/recap-the-living-world-of-guild-wars-2/

Population wise, we know they've seen a surge since Christmas because they had to increase the server caps and most of them are Very High or Full again.

Thanks for your replies all. Good to know that it's pretty easy to jump back in.

I've just logged in and noticed I'm level 50 (Sylvari, Ranger), which is higher than I thought. Apart from getting spammed with tons of notifications, I started remembering my build during killing two enemies.

Retro

So, 3 hours later, Guild Missions finally wrapped up. We started a bounty at 3:45 Eastern before wurm popped, and ended up killing Brekkabek. Unusually challenging with only 10 people, but not impossible. We then started a challenge and ended up with Crab Toss. Only 8 people showed.

But guess what? We fuckin' beat it.

Obligatory victory shot.

After failing on Marionette at the top of the hour, we then started a rush. Ghost Wolves, nothing too bad. Only a couple people didn't finish (one being Arken because he's a quitter
JUWnj.gif
). All was said and done around 6pm. Another successful Makeup, and the first time for a few people. Regular missions are on Saturdays at 9pm Eastern, and if Hawkian is up to it the lottery will be taking place then as well.

Nice work, everyone.

So, 3 hours later, Guild Missions finally wrapped up. We started a bounty at 3:45 Eastern before wurm popped, and ended up killing Brekkabek. Unusually challenging with only 10 people, but not impossible. We then started a challenge and ended up with Crab Toss. Only 8 people showed.

Obligatory victory shot.

After failing on Marionette at the top of the hour, we then started a rush. Ghost Wolves, nothing too bad. Only a couple people didn't finish (one being Arken because he's a quitter
JUWnj.gif
). All was said and done around 6pm. Another successful Makeup, and the first time for a few people. Regular missions are on Saturdays at 9pm Eastern, and if Hawkian is up to it the lottery will be taking place then as well.

Nice work, everyone.

Awesome! :D

A 4/5 chains, 4/5 regulators, 99% full power bar, final regulator destroyed at 1 second left on the clock Marionette kill. In overflow. Week. Made.

Complistic

Are either of the new events sticking around after this month's up? i love the marionette fight. The wurms, seems very unfair, but I hate when they take away new content regardless.

Retro

Are either of the new events sticking around after this month's up? i love the marionette fight. The wurms, seems very unfair, but I hate when they take away new content regardless.

Wurm: Yes. It is permanent content.

Marionette: No, it will only be around for another 3 weeks or so. When we asked about it returning as a Fractal, however, Colin mentioned that's one possibility but it will definitely be something they try to bring back.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wurm: Yes. It is permanent content.

Marionette: No, it will only be around for another 3 weeks or so. When we asked about it returning as a Fractal, however, Colin mentioned that's one possibility but it will definitely be something they try to bring back.

I want a fractal where the jolly blue giant goes toe-to-toe with the marionette and the party provides support.

Retro

I want a fractal where the jolly blue giant goes toe-to-toe with the marionette and the party provides support.

Maybe Scarlet made the Marionette to fight the Colossus we set loose, who has been wandering the Mists in search of his saviors so he can repay their kindness by curbstomping some elder dragons.

Shiokazu

get better hawk

Obligatory victory shot.

JUWnj.gif

Nice work, everyone.

I KITED AN ARMY, DIED TWICE BUT I KITED A LOT KARKENS

Maybe Scarlet made the Marionette to fight the Colossus we set loose, who has been wandering the Mists in search of his saviors so he can repay their kindness by curbstomping some elder dragons.

he could join the vigil, get to wear some motherfucking vigil armor, and get a megalaser rifle from the priory, then the order could... i dont know but they could do something for him.

he would be like... like ultraman.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom