• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
King Arthur was the leader of the kings of the round table, and this is sir sex. he sexes up where ever he goes.

2Drvt8X.jpg

CkPcsyH.jpg

y49lGBX.jpg

NJuiplL.jpg

I mean. at lvl 20 and looking like dat. Would you f**k me? I would fuck me. I would fuck me hard!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Come on now. Zojja's always been humble in the presence of Snaff. She felt she had more to contribute but definitely recognized that Snaff was the greater of their two minds. I think she's the only Asura that has ever acknowledged another even a little bit.
Sorry, I meant, whether my Asura characters considered themselves smarter than Zojja or not. The Blade has some rather advanced skill in Golemancy for a thief, and Icerender is rather confident in his abilities within Zojja's school but damn brash for his age as well.

Apparently there's a new Unlimited Pick in the Gem Store, this one will be for my Engi I believe...

Once it's unlocked, it's unlocked permanently. You'll want to keep going back as you make Cyphers. Building up a stash then going there is like Christmas each time.

For one character, it seems. Fortunately the items are all account bound so transferring them is easy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For one character, it seems. Fortunately the items are all account bound so transferring them is easy.
Yep, making it a habit to toss all cypher/core goodies into my bank at the end of a session to be retrieved and stockpiled on my thief. Looking forward to seeing this bounty of presents :)

Sorry, I meant, whether my Asura characters considered themselves smarter than Zojja or not. The Blade has some rather advanced skill in Golemancy for a thief, and Icerender is rather confident in his abilities within Zojja's school but damn brash for his age as well.

Ahh I see. Fair enough.

Ceres

Banned
The people who have not set their traits makes me think, how many GW2 players are trying an rpg/MMO for the first time.

I don't know how ANET will do it but it seems like a difficult thing to teach.

I ran around for a week once forgetting my traits reset when I used the knowledge book. Finally I was like "Why is my damage so low" and checked my traits.

Huh, Fort Aspenwood just killed Cobalt wurm without any real effort. Sure, the other wurms barely got dented, but it looks like the community is improving as a whole.

Same with Marionette. For all the whining of "don't tell me what to do , I don't want to get better", overall, the community does seem to be getting more skilled.

Retro

Same with Marionette. For all the whining of "don't tell me what to do , I don't want to get better", overall, the community does seem to be getting more skilled.

Vocal minority, yadda yadda yadda... the repulsive, insufferable people make up a very small percentage of the community.

Shiokazu

time and place, well... i made this in december but, i was feeling too shy to show this up to people. might not be the best place to post here in GAF, but i REALLY REALLY wanted the guildies to see this.

turning, turning, turning.
covered by the sheets.
wind is blowing, he says:
get up, its not time to sleep.
far away, can you listen?
theres a feeble sound.
the horns, they are calling.
from across the distance within.

can you feel the cold
from the peaks?
the scent of wood and ale and food
that you feel within.

can you hear? the horns?
your tyrian friends, they call.

its not meant to rhyme, and there is no metric on it. but i feel like its finished.
this is a thank you, for being a good guild.

Just wanted to let you know that if you want a serious chance at beating the Triple Threat (new wurms) event in Blood Tide Coast with SBIers, the TACO crew and current Wurm crew will try a very organized version every Tuesday 7pm server time and Saturday 3pm.

If you are going to join though they prefer you are on TeamSpeak and paying attention to all the commander calls.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Great poem, Vil. *respect*
Just wanted to let you know that if you want a serious chance at beating the Triple Threat (new wurms) event in Blood Tide Coast with SBIers, the TACO crew and current Wurm crew will try a very organized version every Tuesday 7pm server time and Saturday 3pm.

If you are going to join though they prefer you are on TeamSpeak and paying attention to all the commander calls.
Let it be so.

Do not skip out on voice comms for this one, it is a hell of a fight.

"Day five. The visions won't end. The squeaking won't stop."

wQkEsV6.jpg

No idea how this happened, but thought it looked cool:

lmaNhrL.jpg

Gosh darn it this game looks great:

D0WiLOB.jpg

Complistic

All right fine, I know you've said it a few times, and I've probably even asked you before, but I don't feel like going back and looking for the answer, what graphical mod are you using exactly.

Ashodin

2HlEHuK.png

Fighting in Lane 3 at 1 AM. We had to go in twice.

Sdwv9hi.png

Which we won! Thanks to my lane.

rtfSAHn.png

If you kneel in front of Grenth, you get a boon that gives you 28% chance to steal life on crit.

Woo

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, I feel kinda bummed I will miss out on the marionette and probably this upcoming one. Hospital recovery's a b*tch :(

Shiokazu

checked. these heads are going so fucking down.

For what it's worth, Shiokazu, I liked what you wrote.

thanks xeris next time i'll try some metric.

Great poem, Vil. *respect*

Let it be so.

Do not skip out on voice comms for this one, it is a hell of a fight.

thanks hawk.

well bring those nasty wurms down, i never liked wurms in the first place.

Is that server time?

Is that server time?
I hope ill be able to participate

Is that server time?
I hope ill be able to participate

Yes. Those are server times. Get teamspeak and set it up so you can at least listen to the commanders.

I also recommend getting into those zones at least an hour before if you want to be part of it.

They said if they get too many people on the zone that do not reply to Teamspeak, the commanders will move to an overflow and only invite people who really want to participate.

kiriin

This is a bit offtopic but would anyone else want ArenaNet do a project completely outside mmo genre (can be anything)? Just curious.

Jira

This is a bit offtopic but would anyone else want ArenaNet do a project completely outside mmo genre (can be anything)? Just curious.

It's something I could see them doing, but they'd need to hire a completely new team for it cause you never want to take away members from your MMO team.

Jira

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/balance/Feature-Build-Balance-Preview

Note that this is still a high level overview and not everything they plan to do.

Hey all,

As promised, here is the balance preview for the first feature build that will launch after the first Living World season ends. When reading through these changes please keep in mind the overall scope of the update – rune/sigil and critical damage changes included. The changes listed below are similar to what was mentioned on Ready Up on January 17th.

When posting feedback, please try to abide by the following guidelines:

Be constructive. Discuss, don’t argue. If you think a change may cause issues, say why and give examples. Try not to argue with others – make your point and then accept that other people may have different points of view.
Give examples: I had 2000 toughness but still got hit by X target for roughly Y damage.
Be concise. Our time is limited and we can’t read walls of text because it will prevent us from having the time to read as many posts as possible. Bullet points or numbered lists are very easy for us to read!
Be specific. “I expect this change to accomplish A, but I think it will actually accomplish B”. The more specific you are, the better we are able to understand where you’re coming from, what type of content you play, and it helps us to understand the context for your feedback.
Be objective. Keep in mind that just because you may not like something, that doesn’t make it bad. Others may have differing opinions. They may play a different type of content, or they may play a different profession, so be objective and keep in mind – we have to balance the game for EVERYONE, not just you.
Be respectful. This goes for your fellow community members as well as for devs. Respect the ideas and opinions of others.
Be mindful of scope. It takes design, development and testing time in order to make a new feature or revise an old one. Keep scope/work/time/resources in mind when you make your suggestions.
Be mindful of context. Power creep is something we’re trying to avoid. Sometimes a profession may not receive as many increases as other classes. A lot of times, this is because that class is already performing very well in the current state of the game. So keep the overall context/state of the game in mind when giving feedback.

Critical Damage:

We’re adding a new stat to the game called ferocity which affects your critical damage multiplier, similarly to how precision affects critical chance.
All existing percentage critical damage stats on gear and items will be converted into the appropriate amount of ferocity, which will then factor into your critical damage multiplier.
We expect that in the most extreme power DPS focused builds this change will account for a maximum reduction of about 10% damage.
This change will not affect PvP, as critical damage is already at a much lower value and item attributes will be adjusted in order to compensate for the changes.

Sigils:

All sigils now have independent cooldowns, meaning you can use two on-swap sigils, or an on-swap and an on-crit sigil at the same time. You will not, however, be able to use two sigils of the same name at the same time. On-kill sigils that provide attributes, such as Sigil of Corruption, will not be able to be used simultaneously with other attribute modifying on-kill sigils.
Two-handed weapons can now be slotted with two sigils.
Sigils will receive a general balance pass to bring them more in line with each other.

Runes:

Rune sets will receive a general balance pass to bring them in line with each other. This will increase the amount of viable rune options.
The bulk of rune set bonuses will be pushed towards the 4th, 5th, and 6th piece bonuses to incentivize using a complete set.

Profession Changes

Elementalist:

Our changes for the elementalist focus on increasing sustain while maintaining the delicate balance between damage and durability. We achieved this by adding more defensive effects to a few main-hand weapon sets.

Signet of Restoration: Removed the split on this skill so that the signet passive heal amount will be increased in PvP to match the current PvE amount.
Armor of Earth: Reduced recharge from 90 seconds to 75 seconds.
Water Trident: Added 3 seconds of regeneration to up to 5 allies in the radius.
Burning Speed: This ability now evades attacks.
Frozen Burst: This ability is now a blast finisher.

Engineer:
We feel that the engineer is in a decent place right now, but we did take this opportunity to scale down a few outlier skills in terms of potency. Net Turret’s immobilize duration has been lowered to reduce the amount of lockdown after a Supply Crate drop, and Poison Grenade’s poison duration has been lowered to account for poison field stacking.

Net Turret: Decreased the immobilize duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds on the basic attack.
Poison Grenade: Reduced the poison duration per pulse from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
Box of Nails: Reduced the cast time from 1 second to 3/4 second.
Box of Piranhas: Reduced the cast time from 1 second to 3/4 second.
A.E.D.: Reduced the cast time from 1 second to 3/4 second.

Guardian:
We’re continuing to lower the amount of vigor available to all professions, especially from sources with low trait point investments. We’ve also made a few minor adjustments to healing skills to make them more reliable.

Litany of Wrath: Reduced the cast time from 1 second to 3/4 second.
Vigorous Precision: Increased the recharge from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
Healing Breeze: This ability has been re-scaled so that the guardian receives 50% of the heal near the start of the heal and then heals for 10% for 5 ticks to the caster and up to 5 allies in the cone.

Mesmer:
We’re continuing to lower the amount of vigor available to all professions, especially from sources with low trait point investments. Based on your feedback, we decided to revert our proposed change to Deceptive Evasion.

Critical Infusion: Increased the recharge from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
Illusion of Drowning: Changed skill from a multi-hit to a single-hit, increasing damage to compensate.

Necromancer:
One of our goals with the past few balance updates has been to add counterplay to various skills that lacked telegraphs. With necromancer, we’re changing the way that Dhuumfire is activated – allowing players the opportunity to react. This will also allow the necromancer to carefully plan their burning application. We’ve also adjusted some values for Minion Master builds based on player feedback.

Putrid Explosion: This ability is no longer unblockable.
Training of the Master: Reduced the damage increase to minions from 30% to 25%.
Dhuumfire: This trait has been changed so that it will make Life Blast inflict 3 seconds of burning with a 10 second recharge.
Vampiric Master: Reduced the effectiveness of this trait by 10%. The healing portion of this trait will now scale with the necromancer’s healing power stat.

Ranger:
We’re going to be fixing a bug with Spirit of Nature that caused it to have an incorrect healing power value. We’re also looking at adding combo fields to existing abilities to allow for more play through different combo finishers.

Spirit of Nature: Reduced the healing per second while summoned from 480 to 320.
Viper’s Nest: This ability is now a poison combo field.

Warrior:

Our changes for warrior focus on providing telegraphs to stronger skills and to reduce the passive benefit gained from Healing Signet.

Healing Signet: Reduced the passive heal by 8%.
We’re looking for ways to incentivize using Healing Signet’s active without increasing overall sustain. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this.
Pin Down: Added a telegraph animation to the skill. Increased the cast time from 1/4 second to 3/4 second.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All sigils now have independent cooldowns, meaning you can use two on-swap sigils, or an on-swap and an on-crit sigil at the same time.
Two on-crit sigils? :p

If so, my once-in-a-blue-moon P/P set will get a nice little buff, and it'll open up all manner of new build ideas as well. Two on-swap sigils in a 2H weapon could be raaaather nasty when used by Staff Eles and Rifle/Kit engis, too...

Proven

It is almost exactly the same balance changes from the preview stream. I was expecting a number of extra stuff. I'm assuming it's because the rune and sigil updates took up most of their time, but there are going to be a number of less understanding people about.

Jira

It is almost exactly the same balance changes from the preview stream. I was expecting a number of extra stuff. I'm assuming it's because the rune and sigil updates took up most of their time, but there are going to be a number of less understanding people about.

I honestly think this is still the high level and not all inclusive. I mean they still have what 2-3 months or so to work on it? Also, note Thief isn't even on there and they said the Thief stuff was pretty big and they didn't want to reveal it yet.

After getting a new exotic axe for my warrior, I decided to go ahead and craft a full set of exotic armor to replace my rare set.

Combined with the new weapon, i'm amazed at just how much my damage numbers jumped. Currently offhanding a sword, but wow, stuff just seems to die now. Need to experiment with other offhands though,

I do have a cool looking exotic mace that dropped as well, but i'm not sure just which character to give it to, guardian or warrior, or if I should just sell it, as it's pretty rad looking (Shiverstone is the name).

After getting a new exotic axe for my warrior, I decided to go ahead and craft a full set of exotic armor to replace my rare set.

Combined with the new weapon, i'm amazed at just how much my damage numbers jumped. Currently offhanding a sword, but wow, stuff just seems to die now. Need to experiment with other offhands though,

I do have a cool looking exotic mace that dropped as well, but i'm not sure just which character to give it to, guardian or warrior, or if I should just sell it, as it's pretty rad looking (Shiverstone is the name).
Hmm, celestial stats. Not really that useful for either class. Guardian can kinda use it, but you're much better off with cleric's or zealot's stats. Warrior mace is best with zerk, soldier's, or knight's.
This sucker isn't that valuable on the market either. If you're a gambler, I'd suggest salvaging it for ectoplasm, dark matter, and a potential insignia. (assuming you are up to crafting)

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's something I could see them doing, but they'd need to hire a completely new team for it cause you never want to take away members from your MMO team.

Didn't a whole bunch of them and a founder leave and produce State of Decay. Isn't that pretty much it, the members that were interested left and created that while the rest finished of GW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom