• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

And speaking of 6 months, do we have a blog post of their plans for 2014, like they posted in the begging and in the middle of last year?

I believe it was intentionally withheld because they don't want people focusing on the big features and future developments instead of the immediate future. We'll probably get something in March after the Scarlet arc wraps.

Retro

It seems someone found dialogue in the french GW2 file thats spoils the LS atleast part it but it does spoil a major part if its legit

I just saw this and caught a few lines before I realized what it was and bailed out. What I saw wasn't TOO huge (something we've suspected for a long time,
Destiny's Edge 2
), but I did see a name pop up too, so... yeeeeesh.

It seems someone found dialogue in the french GW2 file thats spoils the LS atleast part it but it does spoil a major part if its legit.
Yeah, looks really legit. Here's the dialogue if you don't care about spoilers. DONT QUOTE THIS POST UNLESS YOU WANT TO READ SPOILERS

spoilers

Edit: ok, email tagged quote due to complaints. DONT QUOTE THIS POST UNLESS YOU WANT TO READ SPOILERS.

Ashodin

YESSSS that dialogue confirms one of my theories

Jest:
High-Five-Fist-Bump-GIF.gif

xeris

<aoogah> <aoogah>
SPVP Night in 30 minutes. This is not a test.

Meet in the SPVP Lobby for murder and, perhaps, mayhem.

And, for possibly the last time:

JDvsAXl.jpg

Retro

Well that is interesting.

I don't see the link on reddit with all that anywhere.

It appears to have been deleted. The account that posted it is also deleted (it had only two posts, so.... yeah). I think it was probably a legit leak, but it's better that it's gone.

Alright guys, I just put it in an email tag. Better?

I didn't mean for it to seem like I was jumping in anyone's shit over it, just that lately the discussion has been about the story and a lot of stuff has been, as a general courtesy, in spoiler tags. I guess my first thought was, someone would think it was about existing spoilers and not know it's about future spoilers.

I wasn't trying to single anyone out or create a kerfuffle. I just have a weird bugaboo about disseminating leaks in general. I didn't even like it when Dulfy was basically strip-mining the content she was supposed to be previewing so she could publish her guides the day before the update for traffic.

Non-GW2 spoiler:
The campaign to bring Kerfuffle and Bugaboo back into vogue continues.

So, who's ready to
trek into the Maguuma Wastes?

GW2 semi-Spoiler:
I'm okay with this, the Arid sections of Edge of the Mists has me wanting something more desert-like. East into the Crystal Desert or west into the wastes, they both seem like they'd be an interesting change of scenery.

Sonicbug

*ignores all spoiler talk*

Anet finally responded the the frantic panicking mac users (like me) to say they were aware of the FPS issue. Hopefully they fix whatever they broke soonish, I tried to go into the edge of the mists and the game turned into a slide show.

Korten

Banned
Just read the spoilers... couldn't resist.

Not even mad... Actually I am mad... BECAUSE WHY ISN'T THIS COMING SOONER!?!!?!?

cripterion

Man this game feels dead. Got back to my characters on Gandara and decided to roll a new Norn and all the early zones are empty. I'm currently past the Wayfarer Hills and I haven't crossed a single person lol. Even WwW zones felt empty (well compared to when I used to play). Only Lion's Arch felt lively.

What the hell happened to this game considering it's sub free? I know I'm part of the problem since I hadn't touched it for a year but goddamn, didn't expect it to be so devoid of people. Neverwinter feels way more populated than this even with it's small ass zones. Almost every event I go to is only with NPC's and that's it.

On the upside, the new wallet system and daily stuff earning laurels is quite nice.

Man this game feels dead. Got back to my characters on Gandara and decided to roll a new Norn and all the early zones are empty. I'm currently past the Wayfarer Hills and I haven't crossed a single person lol. Even WwW zones felt empty (well compared to when I used to play). Only Lion's Arch felt lively.

What the hell happened to this game considering it's sub free? I know I'm part of the problem since I hadn't touched it for a year but goddamn, didn't expect it to be so devoid of people. Neverwinter feels way more populated than this even with it's small ass zones. Almost every event I go to is only with NPC's and that's it.

On the upside, the new wallet system and daily stuff earning laurels is quite nice.

Everyone is doing trains for easy XP, running the various timed world events, or chilling in the new content. It's more or less the same issue any MMO has: everyone is high level now so the starter zones are empty.

Also, the spoilers give me high hopes for next seasons living story. Really interested to see the situation around this conversation, and where things go from here.

wnEnYAq.jpg

taken this morning.

they need to make cross realm zones for these unpopular zones. the servers are brinked with people, but they are scattered in many other areas of the game, because the game is so massive, the entry and levelling zones are not very popular. but if just 5-6 servers shared a cluster, there would be more populated!

cripterion

Wow, ok... so Gandara should be quite populated then?! That's odd cause even Hoelbrak was kinda empty. So everyone's in high lvl zones for xp? I took my lvl80 and still made xp off a zone half my lvl though.

I guess I'm going to try to fully discover the world, stopped about 75% exploration.

Ceres

Banned
Wow, ok... so Gandara should be quite populated then?! That's odd cause even Hoelbrak was kinda empty. So everyone's in high lvl zones for xp? I took my lvl80 and still made xp off a zone half my lvl though.

I guess I'm going to try to fully discover the world, stopped about 75% exploration.

Low levels are all fairly empty besides Queensdale due to the champ train. Only other times is a stop on the world boss tour (which lasts all of 10m in the zone) and when a low level has a living story event that is easy to farm.

tons and tons of people are in World Vs World and Fractals and Dungeons, and doing world bosses.

people hang out in Lions Arc. Nobody, even at release, have people wanted to hang out in Areas like Hoelbrak. ArenaNet made the same mistake blizzard made with several of the capital cities. For one, its far spaced out, and not conveient. people use Lions Arch a destination hub. has portals to everywhere, you can get to it from the pvp lobby(no map travel fee!).

Retro

Man this game feels dead. Got back to my characters on Gandara and decided to roll a new Norn and all the early zones are empty.

You posted at 1pm on a Friday for the time zone Gandara falls in, of course the population drops in the middle of a work day. I imagine if you looked now that it's after 6pm there, the servers would be listed as high or very high.

There's also the fact that the new Edge of the Mists map is 4 days old and very much the new hotness. I'd say a lot of people, even low level players, are in there.

Man this game feels dead.

BTV2wz5.jpg

A few minutes later:

dioVuFE.jpg

Timing is everything. GW2 is no exception.

Something I recommend if you want to see what your server's real population is at any time, other than hanging out in Lion's Arch, is to use a site like this: http://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/gandara and go to the various World Events that are big draws, like Fire Elemental, Karka Queen, Inquest Golem, Shadow Behemoth, etc.

There's usually a huge, hidden zerg jumping from event to event, and it's like a hurricane when they roll in on a WE about to start.

But as others have said, Edge of the Mists is the new draw so I'd be surprised if you don't get put into overflow when you go there, no matter the time - though I don't know much about EU's general population flows. Even in NA, East Coast, if I log on during the day during work hours, the population feels very low. But the instant 7pm reset hits, it's overflows as far as the eye can see anywhere where things happen, like Marionette and on Fridays, even Lion's Arch.

I do agree that the various racial home cities are problematic in that with LA there, there's no real reason to go to any. I'd always hoped they'd give each city a super-unique feature to flavour them and spread the population out a bit.

Black Citadel already has a fully built arena designed for one vs one fighting - why is that not used to allow players to 1v1 in PvE, using a queue system not unlike what we had for the Queen's Pavilion? Winner stays, loser goes. No rewards, just prestige and working the crowd.

Hoelbrak's draw used to be Keg Brawl, but now with that in the Activities rotation and the NPC still disabled in Hoelbrak itself, it lost that. Not sure what would be a good feature or function the city could be for.

And so on - if each city had a unique function only found there, the population would be a bit more spread out across them.

God, I'm so glad I have Guild Wars 2. Such a great MMO, and a great, open, communicative development team. (I am feeling very appreciative after playing the horrible Elder Scrolls Online beta :p). Just bought $35 worth of gems for my first time to show my support. I will be here for a while, as obviously there is no upcoming competition in the MMO genre. Except maybe EverQuest Next but that's a long ways out, like 2015 long.

God, I'm so glad I have Guild Wars 2. Such a great MMO, and a great, open, communicative development team. (I am feeling very appreciative after playing the horrible Elder Scrolls Online beta :p). Just bought $35 worth of gems for my first time to show my support. I will be here for a while, as obviously there is no upcoming competition in the MMO genre. Except maybe EverQuest Next but that's a long ways out, like 2015 long.

I know that feel:

oJIiFoe.png

In a world of MMOs, I crave a great MMO. And while GW2 isn't "greatest" or the best, it's the best of the bunch for me personally, so I'm glad I have that at least.

Looks like I'll be Commander Squared.

Q: Are there any plans to implement a &#8220;guild commander&#8221; feature that provides a commander symbol that is only visible for guild members?

Devon Carver: This was a highly requested feature in one of our Collaborative Development Initiative threads on the forums and we are in the process of designing out all the aspects of this system. The Collaborative Development Initiative is a place on the forums where we discuss a particular topic from the game from the perspective of design. We use that space to trade ideas and thoughts with the fans and it has been a very important tool for us in terms of how we design the game moving forward.

From recent Dolyak Express: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Dolyak-Express-Jan-24-2014

GrizzNKev

Banned
One of my friends who I roped into coming back to the game after a long time away wants to take on the marionette tonight at 9 PM EST. Anyone wanna show him what winning feels like?

I do agree that the various racial home cities are problematic in that with LA there, there's no real reason to go to any. I'd always hoped they'd give each city a super-unique feature to flavour them and spread the population out a bit.

Black Citadel already has a fully built arena designed for one vs one fighting - why is that not used to allow players to 1v1 in PvE, using a queue system not unlike what we had for the Queen's Pavilion? Winner stays, loser goes. No rewards, just prestige and working the crowd.

Hoelbrak's draw used to be Keg Brawl, but now with that in the Activities rotation and the NPC still disabled in Hoelbrak itself, it lost that. Not sure what would be a good feature or function the city could be for.

And so on - if each city had a unique function only found there, the population would be a bit more spread out across them.

There are a lot of placeholder events and arenas. Polymog, for example, is represented and even referred to in several places. I really hope that someday they stat out the minis and add that to the game.

I do like the idea of having one big activity draw per city. Seems like that was in the cards originally, but not really being exploited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom