• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harp instruement and Box of Chocolates up on Gem Store.
zS1wJTX.jpg

Rawk Hawk

This is the most efficient way to play, IMO.

Edited down for size, but wow that's a lot of cool information. I've never really looked into those, even when I do play GW2, I always mouse click my skill then click where I want it to go.. still do decent in PVP, but yea I can imagine how much easier it would be with something like this.

Thanks for the reviews.

From the Massively preview (spoilered for those who don't want details)

Massively said:
All essential services that are unique to Lion's Arch will be redirected to Vigil Keep for the time being, including Asura gates to other cities, Fractals of the Mists, and incarcerated cactus-faced troublemakers.

Booooooooooooooo.

Massively said:
Hundreds of players gather in Lion's Arch every day to trade, socialize, complete jumping puzzles, and lose their valuables to the cruel whims of some jerk in a forge.

lol @ jerk in a forge

I was literally about to post this on Reddit but decided to refresh first to see if anyone else had. Of course you had, by seconds.

I've been refreshing my twitter feed since I woke up because last night you said you wanted Link Karma...and I just had to steal it from you.

All essential services that are unique to Lion's Arch will be redirected to Vigil Keep for the time being, including Asura gates to other cities, Fractals of the Mists, and incarcerated cactus-faced troublemakers. Personal story steps will be accessible through a new entrance. Hwang's team has taken steps to ensure that the city will remain fully explorable for map completion, although if you're especially fond of a particular view...well, you might want to grab screenshots while you can. We were also warned that exploration isn't exactly going to be as safe as it currently is.

This makes me super excited and an even stronger supporter of the Living Story strategy. (From the Massively article).

Retro

You guys are skipping over the most important part!

And if all this bloodshed and fire gets a bit too heavy, you can keep an eye out for a persistent little robot who has once again changed his job title to something more situationally appropriate.

Refuge-e-tron

I've been refreshing my twitter feed since I woke up because last night you said you wanted Link Karma...and I just had to steal it from you.

Heh, I wasn't serious.
JUWnj.gif

Hope things don't just go back to normal in a few weeks time. Even a few updates is too much.

Based on the trailer, looks like buildings we currently use are burning or down...so I am not sure how we will go back to same LA unless they use some kind of time travel or crazy asuran replication technology.

Lunar15

Oh man,

This reminds me of the Searing, which is a good thing. The Searing was one of the coolest aspects of the original game. It was like, hey get to know this cool looking city... and then BOOM, taken away from you in an instant.

Can't wait for this. This will bring me back, at least for a bit! Don't cull me! (I'll need to log on and get an achievement!)

Oh man,

This reminds me of the Searing, which is a good thing. The Searing was one of the coolest aspects of the original game. It was like, hey get to know this cool looking city... and then BOOM, taken away from you in an instant.

Can't wait for this. This will bring me back, at least for a bit! Don't cull me! (I'll need to log on and get an achievement!)

Your safe. You are very active on the forum still and all officers know you so don't worry. But yeah, come back to GW2...we miss you.

AFK, registering the name 'Krait Plisken' for a bit....
Lol. Someone on reddit commented saying "I knew naming my character Snake Plissken would come in handy someday.".

Lol. Someone on reddit commented saying "I knew naming my character Snake Plissken would come in handy someday.".

Yeah, it's going to rock for this living story.

Can't wait to see this play out. I wasn't a huge PVPer, so i've really yet to check out edge of the mists. But i'm there day 1 for this one, sounds awesome.

Vyrance

It would be fantastic if they destroyed Lion's Arch. Something of that size and change is what I've been hoping for from the Living Story updates.

Proven

Harp instruement and Box of Chocolates up on Gem Store.

Kos, you have too many gems.

In other news, for some reason I didn't expect there to be an info dump today because I thought it would have happened yesterday. Oh well, let's see how interesting this gets.

Greetings!

I use to play with the GAF crew at launch and lately I've had the itch to play again and I've just recently reinstalled the game.

Any who, since I haven't kept up with this game at all I'll more than likely be making a new character to relearn this game and was wondering if anyone would like to party up with me? Apparently all my Steam friends are too cool for MMOs, and no one wants play. I just get incredibly bored when having to solo a game these days... So yeah, some friends would be great to play with, haha!

My username in email code below!

Retro

So what's the cutoff for the culling? I'm heading for the doctor within two hours.

If you log in and find you've been culled, congratulations; you play enough to notice and will be invited back immediately.

We're more or less clearing out the people who have disappeared. If you post in this thread, chances are good we know it and won't cull you. For example, even if Lunar qualified in the first place, we know he's still 'active' because he's in the thread.

As usual, if you've been culled accidentally, don't take it personally.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow. Damn. I can't believe they're doing this... I need to get my lore in order this week so I'm ready for the madness. I certainly understand the "bonkers"

the city will remain fully explorable for map completion, although if you're especially fond of a particular view...well, you might want to grab screenshots while you can.
holy hell that's awesome.

Man my brother-in-law with all the parts.... so he straight up suddenly got tonsilitis and had to rush to the ER at 2am last night. Just got home from the hospital an hour or two ago o_O

Retro

Reminder for the new page:
The culling of the guild roster is coming on fast. If you are a relatively active player you have nothing to worry about. If you are not and do not wish to be culled, log on and acquire an achievement point (do 1 daily requirement for example) by the end of the day, Wednesday, February 12th.

Anyone culled in error need only contact an officer to get back in pronto.

edit: wow over 490. If we are actually threatening to hit cap from new members, oldies may even be culled before Wednesday to make room.

Man my brother-in-law with all the parts.... so he straight up suddenly got tonsilitis and had to rush to the ER at 2am last night. Just got home from the hospital an hour or two ago o_O

Is your brother-in-law Evilore?

Ashodin

Wow. Damn. I can't believe they're doing this... I need to get my lore in order this week so I'm ready for the madness. I certainly understand the "bonkers"

holy hell that's awesome.

although if you're especially fond of a particular view...well, you might want to grab screenshots while you can.

The diving goggles spot is gone. GONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom