• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

They're actually doing it. Free transfers to other servers. A small pricing to the top tier of the bronze leagues. Bumping up the server costs for the top servers all the way to 2400 gems.

If you transfer worlds, you can't enter the Borderlands or Eternal Battlegrounds for a week + change. The "home server" you're connected with is based on the server you spend the most weeks representing in the Mist War, not in Edge of the Mists (although you can progress the meta there).

Just completing the meta guarantees you either a new weapon or a mini Dolyak, no matter how your server places. Only first place gets enough for both. Alternatively, you can bag a ton of Ascended crafting materials.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
lol. So basically expect BG to throw the first round?

If I'm in a matchup that has a server winning by over 100k by karma training, a level 80 isn't going to be a huge difference. Tough matchups with actual competitive fights I'm only bringing my lvl 80 guardian that is built for zerg fights. But when we're running around defensively backcapping our third and occasionally running into DB's karma training pug zerg hoping to catch us off guard by golem rushing overlook? It rarely is an issue. Besides, at that point I'm looking for the closest cannon to shoot inside since people always forget they can aim in.

That's karma train not actual zerg combat. In an ideal karma train you won't actually be fighting other people. It normally happens on the last day when the world's in question have given up, (or it was a poor match up...). Either way that's not the norm. A good commander can turn a lot of zerg fights, being a upleveled in a legit zerg combat you may as well be a spy because greatly hindering your team. All it takes is for one death to rally them and turn a fight around. If you actually care about your server having having a chance winning that battle if it's not complete stacked in their favour then you should not be participating in a zerg with an upleved character.

There's a reason why commanders turn off their tags in some important battles and it's because of people like them. That's how significantly they effect battles. A small good group is far superior than a zerg with a bunch of rally bots even in spite of the numbers advantage, as those underleveled aren't helping remotely, they're hurting your chance of winning.

WvW spring tournament, my goodness time to reinstall the game shit's getting good.

Retro

Retro, what was your thoughts on the Bazaar and arena net design as a whole and how it ties into the theme of taking the game at your own pace?

I'll try not to mega-post, but it will be hard as I think the Bazaar is easily the best Living Story update.

I guess to start, I have to mention the competition, if only to point out why they aren't my favorite (even though I think they're very very good). For example, the first Super Adventure Box update is fantastic, but it is done in a bouncy, completely-out-of-tone way that feels like the April Fools joke we all thought it was. I also adore the SAB weapon skins, but god damn if they don't stick out in a kind of unpleasant way in the game now. SAB holds more appeal to me than most, I would guess, but I still think it's fantastic in a "I can't believe this exists and is actually so much damn fun" way.

Both Lion's Arch updates have been good, but after you complete the story mission and a few of the side objectives, it's more or less some achievement hunting. The fact that all of it is happening in OUR Lion's Arch is insane, and just wandering around in the once-familiar area that is now almost alien is thrilling enough I don't mind. So it goes for all but a few updates (Halloween and Wintersday 2013, Dragon Bash); everything has been better than what came immediately before, and you can literally see ArenaNet experimenting, learning, and reiterating over the space of the last year. The one-time cosmetic items, various chunks of loot and achievement points are okay, but the real reward has been watching Guild Wars 2 evolve every two weeks into what is turning out to be one hell of an ambitious game, from what is quickly turning into a beast of a developer (only their PR efforts have been weak, especially merchandising because we know quaggan-anything = license to print money). I have a feeling that with a few upcoming games trying very hard to act as completion, along with the distracting qualities of launching in China wrapping up shortly and a full year of Living Story lessons to put to use, Season 2 represents a good point for ArenaNet to blow the doors off the damn thing. I mean that 2014 is going to be the year where Guild Wars 2 stops being just a really good MMO.

But I digress. Everything else has been good, but I think if there's one unifying factor here it's that most updates don't feel complete. The Bazaar of the Four Winds, on the other hand, does everything right and in deceptively larger quantities than I think most remember.

It's a new zone, which everyone wanted and the game honestly needed, even if it was only temporary. More importantly, it is a gorgeous zone with visuals that layer on top of each other while always giving you a glimpse through the whole affair. There's the rock spires and waterfalls set behind the lived-in shanty-town that clings to them, which are a canvas for colorful murals, lively vendor stalls and bamboo somethings everywhere. And over everything are billowing sails, cloth streamers and banners flapping in the wind. The architecture is clearly meant to look cobbled together, but it's still Asian in style and so remains composed mostly of lines and right angles, but in a hap-hazardly sort of way that feels like a Mondrian painting grew up out of a Southeast Asian slum. All softly warmed by bursts of sunlight peaking through the layers by day and the glow paper lanterns by night. It's just so damn exotic, like nothing else anywhere in the game.

It is also absurdly vertical, to the point that I have a hard time thinking of anything else in gaming besides the final battle in Shadow of the Colossus that can compare to just the overwhelming sense of height. You start off on a little boat and there's a neat little dock. The water is a crystal turquoise shade and there's bamboo groves and cool rocks and spires everywhere, which is all kind of neat. Then you look up. And up. And up. And holy fuck, there's still more "up" way up there. And right in front of you is a ramp that twists off and, of course, up, beckoning you and suggesting that yes, all of that? You're headed up there.

Which is all well and good, but having a huge, vertical space to climb up only gets you so far and it can get boring incredibly quick (hello, Metal Gear Solid's communication tower), even if it looks as good as the Bazaar and has all sorts of little nooks and crannies and visual elements and interesting NPC chatter. What makes the Bazaar great are the Zephyrite abilities. It turns all that vertical ground into a vertical playground where the rules of Guild Wars 2 are suspended for the sake of sheer joyful movement. There hasn't been anything like this in any MMO I've ever played, where the game's rules are put on pause to do something cool and uniquely different from everything else. The only thing that comes even slightly close are the on-rail bombing quests in The Burning Crusade, and those are more like the game's well-worn flight paths with something to do instead of alt tab (they're also over too quickly and completely broken by the presence of other players).

Sun-dashing nicely speeds up the flat areas and, more importantly, the ramps that are needed to gain all that height. Lightning-riding is useful, and that it was automated in sections where you're just trying to travel over the terrain is a brilliant move that keeps it from being tedious, but still allows it to be a playful tool. I'd like more context-sensitive skills in the future. But the best of the three is easily the wind-jumping, especially when you get a feel for the height and how much control you have. Then Guild Wars 2 becomes "Crouching Charr, Hidden Quaggan" and you're practically flying in this huge, perilously high space without a safety net (but plenty of waypoints, so there's at least little pain in falling). All three together, and the area you're given to explore, makes the whole zone feel, from a gameplay perspective, like a Mario game. In an MMO! I think even more than Super Adventure Box (which really only looked and sounded the part), the Bazaar plays like a completely different game tucked neatly into an MMO's shell, and unlike SAB feels like it's a natural part of the GW2 world, its movement and gameplay.

That'd all be really cool but pointless except for the crystal scavenger hunt, the master stroke of the whole affair. One of my favorite memories in GW2 is Jira and I getting on right after it went live, grouping up and looking all over for these things and then bouncing, dashing, leaping and falling to try and reach them. They're tucked in places that are clearly visible but difficult to reach, and a lot of them felt like mini jumping puzzles. In fact, I think that would be the best way to describe Bazaar of the Four Winds from a gameplay perspective: 52 mini jumping puzzles in Cantha Lite.

All of that alone would be enough. Throw in an aspect-themed Mario Kart-esque footrace (still my favorite activity and the only one I will do for the daily), a drinking mini-game, and, why not, a fucking Quaggan doing a magic/comedy routine that was cute genuinely kinda funny, without feeling all tacky and laden with pop-culture references like you get in other MMOs. Even something like having all sorts of cooking ingredient vendors hanging out in once place was perfect. The setting, music, visuals, chatter, movement... everything felt imported from another world, which was obviously the goal.

I'm leaving out the second half of the "Bazaar-themed" update, Cutthroat Politics, which threw in two more excellent mini-games (Aspect Area was a blast and made me want to see a class that uses Zephyr abilities and Southsun Survivor is neat, though neither are anywhere close to Sanctum Sprint), the horde-mode like Candidate Trials and the sheer novelty of voting that people actually really got into (and still hold grudges over to this day). All of that is there and happening in the Bazaar, but were added afterwords so I'm not sure they really count. If they do, they only make an already amazing update that much better.

I'm also skipping over the lore, which is presented in such a sideways manner that at first it wasn't even obvious there was any. You literally had to pay attention to NPC chatter and tease the story elements out from song lyrics. It was mysterious in a way that was interesting and made people want to scour the wiki for clues, a nice break from the "things are happening that might be connected but there's no logical reason why" that was going on just as Scarlet was about to be introduced. That the story they're telling is also completely outside Guild Wars 2's established lore only adds to the feel of strangers from distant lands with strange stories to tell, and you could literally hear Guild Wars 1 players squee with delight (well, those who were able to understand Guild Wars 2 was never going to just be a remake of the original). I really hope we get to circle back and find out if they were just name-dropping references to Guild Wars 1 or if something is actually going to come of it.

Oh, look at that, a Mega Post. Well, we all knew it was going to happen.

Ashodin

Unf, that's that mega post I've been craving. Bazaar is one of the most amazing places in the game, and if you haven't got to experience it, I feel sad for you. The music, the visuals, the movements.... It was like we really were in a place removed from time.

hythloday

Unf, that's that mega post I've been craving. Bazaar is one of the most amazing places in the game, and if you haven't got to experience it, I feel sad for you. The music, the visuals, the movements.... It was like we really were in a place removed from time.

My hope is that the Bazaar comes back every once in a while (have they said it's yearly? I don't recall reading anything one way or the other) with little snippets of news on other areas in the world we can't get to. "Oh we were flying over Cantha and some shit is going down there, let me tell you" etc.

The latest updates have been good, but the Bazaar really was the peak of the LS for me. I didn't really find all that much to do after the scavenger hunt, but it was a really cool place and I hope it comes back.

Ashodin

Danicia said:
Please don’t delete them!
You can hold on to your extra blade shards, as the team will be adding something later which will allow you to convert the shards to something of value. Dev will be announcing more on that later. Thanks!

Keep dem shards son

My hope is that the Bazaar comes back every once in a while (have they said it's yearly? I don't recall reading anything one way or the other) with little snippets of news on other areas in the world we can't get to. "Oh we were flying over Cantha and some shit is going down there, let me tell you" etc.

The latest updates have been good, but the Bazaar really was the peak of the LS for me. I didn't really find all that much to do after the scavenger hunt, but it was a really cool place and I hope it comes back.

Supposedly yearly, yeah, but the biggest thing was the MUSIC. God the music sounded like something out of old school Final Fantasy.

Mxrz

Mm. Maybe season 2 won't be so annoying with all the transfer dickasses having fled. WvW is a lot of fun without children crying in map chat, but the last season did sour most of the pve-forever guildies we tried to recruit.

I leveled my first character in WvW zergs. I had no real clue what I was doing, but a couple cool people explained some things and stuff. SBI was a pretty laid back server at the time. Hopefully we'll make it there again.

Retro

I wonder what a WvW mode that replaced the server vs. server aspect with the 'anonymous color vs. anonymous color' of Edge of the Mists would look like. The original goal was to appeal to a sense of "server pride", but gamers being gamers, they have managed to suck the joy out of everything and turn it into a very clear negative thanks to politics, spying, spoiling, server bandwagoning and a general gaming of the system.

Going to anonymous colors would remove the ability to stack servers because the Number 1 ranked server is going to share "Green Team" with the servers at #4, #7 and #10, #14, #18 and #21 rank. Trying to migrate to the 'best' server isn't going to fix the fact that you have to deal with people from other, lower ranked servers; the flipside is that the 'bad' servers get to play with people who are 'good' and maybe improve rather than just give up as seems to be the case .

I'm sure the bitching would basically add up to "They are taking our spots in WvW and they suck, I quit", and they probably would follow through with that promise given how the high-end WvWers seem to behave... but I wonder if they've ever looked into it, and if EotM is an experimental step towards a more anonymous, mercenary-free WvW. Because when I do play it (maybe a few hours a week at the absolute most) it's very fun... right up until it's not, and that usually happens because of the current problems with their model (mostly the disappointment of capturing things and then seeing them lost overnight due to coverage being more important than skill or strategy).

Good servers in WvW aren't all about having 'good' players but having good coverage across a full 24-hour day. SBI had a really strong pre-Season 1 partly because of extremely strong Australian and Korean presence, which filled space while Americans were sleeping or at work.

That sort of coverage is gone with the wind, so to speak, so SBI is hitting a pendulum of not having enough players, and that causes a vicious cycle of the existing players not wanting to play because of being too far behind.

Proven

Oh, so playing in Edge of the Mists does count towards which server you're considered representing? I don't agree with that...
I wonder what a WvW mode that replaced the server vs. server aspect with the 'anonymous color vs. anonymous color' of Edge of the Mists would look like. The original goal was to appeal to a sense of "server pride", but gamers being gamers, they have managed to suck the joy out of everything and turn it into a very clear negative thanks to politics, spying, spoiling, server bandwagoning and a general gaming of the system.

Going to anonymous colors would remove the ability to stack servers because the Number 1 ranked server is going to share "Green Team" with the servers at #4, #7 and #10, #14, #18 and #21 rank. Trying to migrate to the 'best' server isn't going to fix the fact that you have to deal with people from other, lower ranked servers; the flipside is that the 'bad' servers get to play with people who are 'good' and maybe improve rather than just give up as seems to be the case .

I'm sure the bitching would basically add up to "They are taking our spots in WvW and they suck, I quit", and they probably would follow through with that promise given how the high-end WvWers seem to behave... but I wonder if they've ever looked into it, and if EotM is an experimental step towards a more anonymous, mercenary-free WvW. Because when I do play it (maybe a few hours a week at the absolute most) it's very fun... right up until it's not, and that usually happens because of the current problems with their model (mostly the disappointment of capturing things and then seeing them lost overnight due to coverage being more important than skill or strategy).
Check the latest WvW CDI.

Retro

Good servers in WvW aren't all about having 'good' players but having good coverage across a full 24-hour day.

Yeah, that's more or less what I meant by 'good' and 'bad' servers; it's not that the players are bad, it's that for whatever reason (I would say mostly dumb luck and bandwagoning) their server is just not effective. I did edit my post before you posted to comment on coverage though, as I still think that's the biggest issue with WvW overall.

Check the latest WvW CDI.

There's actually a few for WvW, I'm assuming you mean the "Server population" CDI?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Good servers in WvW aren't all about having 'good' players but having good coverage across a full 24-hour day. SBI had a really strong pre-Season 1 partly because of extremely strong Australian and Korean presence, which filled space while Americans were sleeping or at work.

That sort of coverage is gone with the wind, so to speak, so SBI is hitting a pendulum of not having enough players, and that causes a vicious cycle of the existing players not wanting to play because of being too far behind.

That and 2 vs1ing.... Vizunah swines. Truth be told we had a few dedicated scouts, and reasonably consistent commanders but the strength of our server was always in our open field zergs especially in eternal battlegrounds, but that really doesn't work so well your opponents are double teaming you.

Why oh why didn't we ever face vizunah when the third rank server (piken square..) wasn't in the match.

TrounceX

That and 2 vs1ing.... Vizunah swines. Truth be told we had a few dedicated scouts, and reasonably consistent commanders but the strength of our server was always in our open field zergs especially in eternal battlegrounds, but that really doesn't work so well your opponents are double teaming you.

Why oh why didn't we ever face vizunah when the third rank server (piken square..) wasn't in the match.

If I were to transfer to T1 EU, what server would you recommend?

I care very little about PPT and just want to fight the best guilds possible.

edit: Any players from EU please chime in.

Proven

Principate

Saint Titanfall
If I were to transfer to T1 EU, what server would you recommend?

I care very little about PPT and just want to fight the best guilds possible.

edit: Any players from EU please chime in.

Haven't played in a while but I'd still say Seafarer's has the best openfield commanders and by far the best eternal battleground commanders, scouting is their weak point and they're not so great at siege. They may have improved after their loss, but these issues aren't something you can easily rectify (as you need lots of dedicated scouts, and players who specialise in the less exciting parts of the WvW.

Vizunah's has best at coverage, night raids, siege placement and maintenance and well double teaming (lol they always double team us since it negates are our major strength)piken is ok at these categories but don't excel in any. This was as of Season 1, I stopped playing shortly after. Considering piken's current rank it's not unexpected considering their jack of all master of none.

Elona reach is an unknown quantity to me they were good but were like piken, and lacked consistent map coverage. One thing I do remember from our match's is that they were extremely good at siege which is likely the reason for their current position if they improved everything else. How they managed to surpass Vizunah I'm still not sure, perhaps some major guilds moved.

As for which to pick it comes down to probably Vizunah and elona will end up double team seafarer it's practically the natural order of things. So it comes down to if you want get double team or double team. The stronger of those servers will naturally win if their double teaming succeeds.

I kinda funny American guilds head up night capping, I wonder if EU guilds head up top American server's night capping. But like LumpofCole said you do need the coverage.

Proven

New build update: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-4-2014/3734183
  • As previously implied, each player who participated in any Assault Knight battle will receive a bonus reward chest when all 3 events complete as long as at least one Assault Knight has been defeated.
  • Fixed an issue in which the Assault Knight kill counter would reset incorrectly.
  • Fixed additional bugs related to the health regeneration issue with all Assault Knights.
  • Fixed an issue in which the “In Tune” and “No More Tricks, Scarlet” achievements were not being awarded if the player was downed or killed.
  • The “In Tune” and “No More Tricks, Scarlet” achievements are no longer awarded to players that leave the Prime Hologram encounter before it is completed.
  • Removed Assault Knight health bars from the meta-event UI to avoid confusion.
  • Scarlet has activated additional defenses on the Breachmaker during the Prime Hologram encounter. Thirty seconds into the battle, lasers will target the areas near the entrance portal and the elevator leading to the Breachmaker’s interior. Being hit by these attacks will count against the “No More Tricks, Scarlet” achievement.

• Scarlet has activated additional defenses on the Breachmaker during the Prime Hologram encounter. Thirty seconds into the battle, lasers will target the areas near the entrance portal and the elevator leading to the Breachmaker’s interior. Being hit by these attacks will count against the “No More Tricks, Scarlet” achievement.

Snicker.

I wonder... with them taking so long to fix bugs and get this working, should they extend it another week? Or are people sick of it already?

Mxrz

Finished Ascended armor early thanks to peer pressure. Amazingly enough there was no explosion of brilliant blinding power upon equipping my last piece. Totally disappointed.

TrounceX

Haven't played in a while but I'd still say Seafarer's has the best openfield commanders and by far the best eternal battleground commanders, scouting is their weak point and they're not so great at siege. They may have improved after their loss, but these issues aren't something you can easily rectify (as you need lots of dedicated scouts, and players who specialise in the less exciting parts of the WvW.

Vizunah's has best at coverage, night raids, siege placement and maintenance and well double teaming (lol they always double team us since it negates are our major strength)piken is ok at these categories but don't excel in any. This was as of Season 1, I stopped playing shortly after. Considering piken's current rank it's not unexpected considering their jack of all master of none.

Elona reach is an unknown quantity to me they were good but were like piken, and lacked consistent map coverage. One thing I do remember from our match's is that they were extremely good at siege which is likely the reason for their current position if they improved everything else. How they managed to surpass Vizunah I'm still not sure, perhaps some major guilds moved.

As for which to pick it comes down to probably Vizunah and elona will end up double team seafarer it's practically the natural order of things. So it comes down to if you want get double team or double team. The stronger of those servers will naturally win if their double teaming succeeds.

I kinda funny American guilds head up night capping, I wonder if EU guilds head up top American server's night capping. But like LumpofCole said you do need the coverage.

Thanks for the advice. I might go on vacation to Seafarer's for a while just to see how it compares and for a change of pace. I've been kind of lost in limbo since Sanctum of Rall imploded, and while Tarnished of Rall is ok, it's also queue central and I don't care much for bandwagon servers.

Finished Ascended armor early thanks to peer pressure. Amazingly enough there was no explosion of brilliant blinding power upon equipping my last piece. Totally disappointed.

5 percent increase, Ascended Armor is for fractal runners, if you don't run fractals then Ascended is a waste of time....

Mxrz

I'm 5% better at WvW now! 800g well spent.

Be really nice if we could swap stats out like with legendary weapons.

Mxrz

u1ZDFC2.jpg

Welp.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I'm 5% better at WvW now! 800g well spent.

Be really nice if we could swap stats out like with legendary weapons.

As long as you meet the correct health and armour thresholds then yeah. Extra dps is pointless if you can't stay as a blob on the commander and fall on the first push.

Jira

So essentially the problem with the zerg in hologram fight is DPS

Eh, you'd be surprised how many people don't realize they have to collect all 3 of the buffs to do the most damage. That right there can screw the entire go at the fight or make the first phase take so long that actually beating the entire encounter is impossible.

Shiokazu

> people expecting people to read

pfft thinking is for the weak and stupid. just zerg ball all the way lololololol.

really now, what i picture of the zerg mind is a real passive mindset of player. I doubt they even looked at their traits close enough to know wtf they are doing.

" Cakebuilders " i should name'em, as, they're just following a cake recipe, not thinking about the making of that cake.

Proven

Someone on reddit posted a thread asking: Many people complain that rewards are always bad. I would like to hear how you would design realistic rewards for Dungeons, Events, WvW, etc.

I decided to actually think more than 5 seconds on it and figure out what might be more balanced. Although balance doesn't necessarily equal player happiness, to spur discussion I figure I might as well repost my response here:

I'd make enemy loot primarily the domain of crafting materials (more fine crafting materials from loot bags, and the usual salvaging) and some rare skins. We're mostly like that right now.

I'd make gold and karma gain primarily come from Meta Events. Every zone would have one or two meta events that culminate in a final attack (and later defense) event. The further up the chain, the more quickly the next event happens. The longer the event continues to stay in a positive state the more gold and karma is rewarded at the end, up to a cap. Of course it gets harder and harder without a cap to the point where you're all expected to get wiped and pushed back pretty far. Assuming the type of loot (crafting materials) each enemy gives is unique enough, this should allow a couple different zones to be populated enough.

The dynamic meta event system wouldn't be easiest to balance, because you'd have to manage time between events and what to do during that down time if you still want to encourage people to spread out across the zone. Or you can have the furthest events in the meta-chain spawn multiple areas you have to attack/defend at once or else face a failure for the entire zone.

Dungeons, PvP, and WvW should keep tokens for skins and other rewards like Ascended materials (I look at the next Season coming up, and even a 9th place server can get 800 Empyreal Fragments on top of all the Fragments they got along the way to completing the meta. That's a lot). They should also give a decent gold amount for completing dungeons and winning PvP matches, while WvW would be balanced out by better loot from killing enemy players as compared to mobs. It's technically not necessary, but I'd love to see an "Enemy Invader" titled loot bag every so often.

I would also like it if completing dungeons slowly raised the world bonuses for your server like winning in WvW does. Just enough to throw a bone to servers that are more PvE oriented. Perhaps also have some of those bonuses be Dungeon specific as well, like the ones that increase your stats. I'd also personally like to keep the system of having to keep dungeons unlocked through meta-event chains, and tie it to my above idea, although that's an unpopular opinion. If you get a reward multiplier on the event chain then maybe you'd have a better chance to get some rarer crafting materials from mobs like Cores and such. Something to add more of a synergistic effect between dungeon runners and open world defenders. One group runs the dungeons, gets their tokens and loot, and increases the World bonuses. The other group keeps the dungeons open, receive some of the World bonuses, and get some harder to get crafting materials. It'd also be interesting to see how long a guild could keep an area open and the chain going.

Finally, I'd treat certain World Bosses (Tequatl and the Wurm) like bosses. While regular world bosses are mostly for loot, the really hard ones would increase your World Bonus, give you tokens, and give some of the best loot drops (weapons, as armor would be easier done by tokens, high level crafting materials, and exotics over rares so that you can get more ectos).

A lot of these ideas would definitely cause inflation, so the timing on how often they repeat would be important. On top of this, I would absolutely ruin champ trains (bosses and meta event chains should replace them) and make champs outside of dynamic events (that check to make sure enough people are present) become a lot more rare. Replace many of the champs across the game with Elites (less health, slightly better loot than Veterans, and CC'able).

Eh, you'd be surprised how many people don't realize they have to collect all 3 of the buffs to do the most damage. That right there can screw the entire go at the fight or make the first phase take so long that actually beating the entire encounter is impossible.

I feel like the mechanics of the hologram fight work against that realization though. Players get a 360 degree radius around here and the 3 buffs can be located anywhere in that radius. While that's fine at first, her attacks that are straight lines on the ground both cover the buffs and serve to segment/trap many players in areas where they can't collect the buffs. Since the attacks and the buffs are all dynamics, you can easily get a bad "roll" so to speak in terms having players get the buff to dps her down quickly enough.

I feel like there should be more of a pattern of some kind.

Proven

I feel like the mechanics of the hologram fight work against that realization though. Players get a 360 degree radius around here and the 3 buffs can be located anywhere in that radius. While that's fine at first, her attacks that are straight lines on the ground both cover the buffs and serve to segment/trap many players in areas where they can't collect the buffs. Since the attacks and the buffs are all dynamics, you can easily get a bad "roll" so to speak in terms having players get the buff to dps her down quickly enough.

Just because the red line is there, doesn't mean you can't run through it. You just have to hurry through before she shoots.

If there's a static line there, dodge through it, or pop stability.

Not pointed at you, but there's no excuse unless you're worried about the achievement.

Jira

Yeah but a double dodge can get you through the lines with no problem. Granted two lines next to each other is dicey, but you can always get to those buffs. Even easier depending on your skills if you have a leap and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom