• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Is there a comprehensive list of changes so far for each class in the Feature Pack?

I'd like to look at Guardian, Engineer, and Ranger. I feel like Ranger will be getting a lot of great changes this pack.

Retro

Is there a comprehensive list of changes so far for each class in the Feature Pack?

The wiki has a nice, detailed section.

You're saying Warrior is boring? Shit, I just started and I'm playing Warrior :p

Just have to mix it up with a variety of weapons, since warriors have the most variety to choose from. Alts help too, and lately I've been on my engineer more than anything, but I still switch to my bleed/shout sword/axe/longbow Warrior when something needs to absolutely positively needs to get done.

I'm also looking forward to free trait resets for my Warrior, more than the other classes. The versatility of their weapon pool lends itself to on-the-fly changes already, being able to retrait too can redefine your play-style in pretty big ways.

There's a theoretical Greatsword Might generating build I'm thinking on for the 15th. If the new Tactics GM trait doesn't have any kind of hidden cooldown, I could see warriors dumping obscene amounts of might out to everyone around them. I want to see what the new runes and sigils are though, before I dump the old, reliable Soldier's runes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bobblehead day made the front page of reddit :')
kVwgKba.jpg
lay off the DGH teq

edit: Just to be clear, the legit front page of reddit. top of /r/gaming and thus it pops up 7th on the "account-agnostic" www.reddit.com

Oh god, I can't breath. I would pay real money for a tonic that makes my client like this all the time.

XZO6wto.jpg

Maybe it's just me coming from T1 but that isn't bad, looks like two 35-40 man groups fighting. Turn down your settings and you'll be alright, your screen shot is too pretty :p Just be thankful you don't have three 80 man map blobs fighting over SMC, I remember that bs from season one wvw.

Even if I was running lowest *everything*, the 2 minute skill lag and single digit framerates wouldn't change (I checked). :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
After replaying RE6 with my cousin over the past two weeks, that guy looks way too much like Chris Redfield.

Edit: Just saw it on reddit, ANet posted a Vine https://vine.co/v/Mep6eZjhWeY
Can anyone explain why that link isn't working for me? It just takes me to a basic Vine page showing me the options to download apps or login, and a random vid in the background..

edit: worked in another browser. Logan gets the well-deserved snub, gotta love it

Ceres

Banned
So I was trying to figure out the possible point system for Silver league.... barring any major upsets or HoD not being as terribad as it seems, placing 3rd this week would actually make SBI the likely 3rd place server overall while placing 2nd would put us more likely at 4th. No matter results of this week, IoJ and SBI both get matchups that heavily favor us next week. Now you move to week 3, and whoever wins Tier 4 has to face FA/HoD and likely get 2nd or 3rd where as tier 5 winner faces YB/NSP (or possibly BP) and likely gets 1st before facing FA/HoD again before they simply begin swapping T3/T4 matchup each week.

Simply due to the fact that this is a 9 week season benefits last place in our matchup this week.

Wk1 2nd place server: 3+5+1+5+1+5+1+5+1 = 27
Wk1 3rd place server: 1+5+5+1+5+1+5+1+5 = 29

However, I also suspect HoD population is going to implode having to face FA for 8 weeks straight. YB is also a bit of an unknown factor. I think their score is more due to just how far SoR and BP have fallen, though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Offseason Event #3.1 - Masters of ARAH - Thurs. 4/3 at 7:00PM EDT

Let's tackle the game's toughest explorable mode dungeon, the Ruined City of Arah. First timers and veterans are equally welcome. We won't be racing this time, but all hanging out in mumble together and helping out- we'll get everybody through no matter what it takes!

We're gonna go for 3 seperate event nights on this one, to clear the full dungeon. That means Thursday will be Path 1, which is one of the longest and toughest. Here are some general tips.
  • Range and AOE damage are very valuable throughout the whole dungeon.
  • The ability to stealth, grant swiftness to, or otherwise protect the party while moving are is great, because there's a lot of opportunity (and near-necessity) for running past danger.
  • Potent or Powerful Potions of Undead Slaying are the drink of choice here.
  • A sub-boss that appear in every path, Giganticus Lupicus, is a true skill check. He has three phases, and I consider phase 2 of this fight to be one of the toughest, most demanding encounters in the game. It's not required at all, but if you're wary of your abilities, you may want to read up on his phases a little bit and how to prepare your build for the fight.
  • The storylines in play in the explorable paths here are a cut above those found in other dungeons. If at all interested in the lore of GW2 and especially various threads that connect back to GW1, it's worth paying attention to or at least reading the dialog from the cutscenes.
Hope to see you there!

Proven

So I was trying to figure out the possible point system for Silver league.... barring any major upsets or HoD not being as terribad as it seems, placing 3rd this week would actually make SBI the likely 3rd place server overall while placing 2nd would put us more likely at 4th. No matter results of this week, IoJ and SBI both get matchups that heavily favor us next week. Now you move to week 3, and whoever wins Tier 4 has to face FA/HoD and likely get 2nd or 3rd where as tier 5 winner faces YB/NSP (or possibly BP) and likely gets 1st before facing FA/HoD again before they simply begin swapping T3/T4 matchup each week.

Simply due to the fact that this is a 9 week season benefits last place in our matchup this week.

Wk1 2nd place server: 3+5+1+5+1+5+1+5+1 = 27
Wk1 3rd place server: 1+5+5+1+5+1+5+1+5 = 29

However, I also suspect HoD population is going to implode having to face FA for 8 weeks straight. YB is also a bit of an unknown factor. I think their score is more due to just how far SoR and BP have fallen, though.

There was a post on reddit a few days before (that worked on a somewhat erroneous premise...) that pointed out some of the flaws in the tournament setup. On the other hand, the flaws will cause tension to raise earlier in the tournament.

Ceres

Banned
There was a post on reddit a few days before (that worked on a somewhat erroneous premise...) that pointed out some of the flaws in the tournament setup. On the other hand, the flaws will cause tension to raise earlier in the tournament.

The main flaw is the fact that WvW has 3 contenders a match and is limited to at most 3 matchups in each league. Swiss system is something meant for head to head competitions with more possible matches than 3. But I guess it's still better overall than the s1 preplanned matchups.
Honestly, I wish they would make the rewards player based rather than server ranking since it will always just promote stacking. Make the current achievement a guaranteed 100 tickets. But once you get the AP for something like Invasion Defender, it unlocks a new achievement to get another 1000 kills to add another 100 tickets. Maybe even divide it up so that the Invasion Defender is restricted to kills on your own BL and add one for kills on enemy borderlands.

Korten

Banned

Let's tackle the game's toughest explorable mode dungeon, the Ruined City of Arah. First timers and veterans are equally welcome. We won't be racing this time, but all hanging out in mumble together and helping out- we'll get everybody through no matter what it takes!

We're gonna go for 3 seperate event nights on this one, to clear the full dungeon. That means Thursday will be Path 1, which is one of the longest and toughest. Here are some general tips.
  • The ability to stealth, grant swiftness to, or otherwise protect the party while moving are is great, because there's a lot of opportunity (and near-necessity) for running past danger.
  • A sub-boss that appear in every path, Giganticus Lupicus, is a true skill check. He has three phases, and I consider phase 2 of this fight to be one of the toughest, most demanding encounters in the game. It's not required at all, but if you're wary of your abilities, you may want to read up on his phases a little bit and how to prepare your build for the fight.
  • The storylines in play in the explorable paths here are a cut above those found in other dungeons. If at all interested in the lore of GW2 and especially various threads that connect back to GW1, it's worth paying attention to or at least reading the dialog from the cutscenes.
Hope to see you there!

FUUUUUUUUUUUU..... Worst time. :( I'll have to miss this one as well, going to be seeing The Winter Soldier around this time. :(

Vyrance

Get in wvw all day/night if you can guys, we are gaining a buffer on ioj and can crush their morale tonight if we can keep it up!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just got this with a friend. What is the easiest way for us to meet up besides making the same race? Just run to a meetup point?

xeris

Any plans to do Story mode? I'm actually at the point on my Mesmer where I need it.

You may want to wait on story till after the 15th patch so that it unlocks the path for pvp as well.

Just got this with a friend. What is the easiest way for us to meet up besides making the same race? Just run to a meetup point?

All of the starting cities have an Asura Gate. Look for the big purple whirlpool icon. If you go in there it'll take you to the hub area of Gendarran and from there you can go to any starting city.

Also, you can be in up to 5 guilds at a time. If you're on a North American server we'd be happy send you an invite to GAFguild. We can if you're in Europe as well, but you can't guest over and join us but you can still chat.

Taffer

Crossed swords icon at the top of the screen will take you to the PvP lobby, once there an Asura gate (purple stargate-type thing) just in front of you will take to the the current hub in Gendarran Fields. From there you can use one of the gates to warp to any racial city and go muck around in the starter zone for that race (Gendarran Fields is probably not suitable for brand-new characters).

xeris

Crossed swords icon at the top of the screen will take you to the PvP lobby, once there an Asura gate (purple stargate-type thing) just in front of you will take to the the current hub in Gendarran Fields. From there you can use one of the gates to warp to any racial city and go muck around in the starter zone for that race (Gendarran Fields is probably not suitable for brand-new characters).

Your way'll work but they'd have to sit thru the pvp tutorial. Also if Taffer doesn't mind me clarifying, Gendarran is perfectly safe at the meet-up area. You'll just want to find a different zone to adventure at after that.

Retro

Click the crossed swords at the top of the screen and select "Go to the Heart of the Mists". There's a short tutorial you can skip, then you'll both be in the PVP lobby together. From there, you can just head straight through the big, purple Stargate-looking portal in front of you and it will take you both to Vigil Keep, the temporary 'hub city' of the world. Once you load in, right in front of you will be a ramp with 5 more stargates; each leads to each race's capitol, and from there it's just a matter of meeting up in one of those and starting on your way.

If you'd like an invite to the GAFGuild, where we can answer questions directly, just post your username (name.####) and we'll get you invited straight away. We also play on Stormbluff Isle, so if you're interested in playing with GAF regularly you might want to re-roll your characters there (otherwise there's a transfer fee later). It's usually best to do that now when you're just getting started.

Edit: Stop being so damn useful, guys =p

xeris

Click the crossed swords at the top of the screen and select "Go to the Heart of the Mists". There's a short tutorial you can skip, then you'll both be in the PVP lobby together. From there, you can just head straight through the big, purple Stargate-looking portal in front of you and it will take you both to Vigil Keep, the temporary 'hub city' of the world. Once you load in, right in front of you will be a ramp with 5 more stargates; each leads to each race's capitol, and from there it's just a matter of meeting up in one of those and starting on your way.

If you'd like an invite to the GAFGuild, where we can answer questions directly, just post your username (name.####) and we'll get you invited straight away. We also play on Stormbluff Isle, so if you're interested in playing with GAF regularly you might want to re-roll your characters there (otherwise there's a transfer fee later). It's usually best to do that now when you're just getting started.

There's free guesting so if you don't care about wvwing with us you don't necessarily need to transfer since you can do everything else from any NA server. Although like Retro said, if there's no compelling reason that you're on another server may as well join us. We only bite occasionally.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tetsuo once you meet up with your friend in the vigil you should go to the starting area for one of the races that neither of you are and adventure from there. It's fun stuff :>

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I don't think I can transfer for free anymore. I made my first character months ago during one of the free weekends and didn't bother to actually play :(

Zeroth

I don't think I can transfer for free anymore. I made my first character months ago during one of the free weekends and didn't bother to actually play :(

If you delete your character (assuming it's your only character, if not, deleting all your characters will do) you can create one on any server. It's worth noting that if you have any items on him that you would like to keep, all you have to do is put them on the bank (since bank is account wide, so even if the character is deleted, the items in the bank won't).

Retro

If you delete your character (assuming it's your only character, if not, deleting all your characters will do) you can create one on any server. It's worth noting that if you have any items on him that you would like to keep, all you have to do is put them on the bank (since bank is account wide, so even if the character is deleted, the items in the bank won't).

This also applies to any crafting materials, gold or karma; all currencies are account-bound now and kept in the Wallet. So you wouldn't really be starting from scratch.

Mxrz

The FA blobs are like a giant slow ooze monster. Watching one slide down NE tower, and flow out the gate was sorta surreal.

Once you can identify the nucleus of the zerg amoeba, then you're prepared to smash it.

If you could see what that blob was like from our side, you'd laugh at the idea of 'nucleus' because that implies something that maintains the integrity of its surroundings - FA commanders are anything but that. The commander tag jumps around every 15 minutes as people bicker and argue over who's doing what, what should be done, and "if you can do better tag up okay fine I will well screw you hippie".

Might be mean, but some days I wish FA with fail so hard so as to drop all the way to bottom tier, *just* so the WvW bunch could get a clue-by-four.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Hope to see you there!

Would love to join, but darn, that's 7am here lol

Katoki

B71wJTf.jpg

So, SBI. You guys have a pretty solid strategy in EB, I see. I bet it's called "show up with a billion people and cause everyone to have 2 minute skill lag and 1 frame per second if not lower gameplay".

Seriously, that was hardcore. I took that screenshot RIGHT as I felt the blob coming in, and 2 minutes later, I got a new frame where I and everyone around me was dead. Nothing in between.

This is also how it looks after about 2 AM PST give or take an hour (forgive me I'm in Hawaii so I always have to convert) when we have 10 people or so in EBG against FA and IoJ. I can probably take a screenshot tonight of everything being red and green again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom